Print Thread
Hop To
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Friday I was in a large independant store here in MI(Jays in Clare MI Great store) and they had a used SP101 22 the first production a 6 shot for 300.00 Hogue grips no box. I thought that was great took it and put a box that day through it,of course it was great to shoot

Than Saturday I stopped at a local gun show and found a deal on a PMR30 (you dont hear both in the same sentence) I just played with it a bit and Yes I think they are worth it.It cycled just great (flings brass far)the trigger is really great the sights are good I shot about 40 rounds at 25 yards I cant say I was grouping real well but I think the gun is so light I need to get accustom to it
but my first impression its really cool
I read online fill both mags and you have the ultimate bug out back pack gun, maybe
I am pretty happy with the whole deal
I love 22s

Little old school little new school

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 08/04/14.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like you got the boat anchor (Sp101) and a ultra light flyrod (PMR30).......from one extreme to the other.
Recently picked up a PMR30....fun gun and some serious fire power, feels like handling a plastic squirt gun grin

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mistem
feels like handling a plastic squirt gun grin

HAHA YES it does

Hank

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no fly's on that sp101!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
good buy on the sp101. they can use some trigger work, but ergos are spot on. and they dont wear out ...

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the sp101 in 357. can wear it all day and have to be reminded( none to gently) by the wife to take it off before sitting in the recliner. sheesh! no humor! scratches just make leather look better don't you know?.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I never have owned a SP101 357 they seemed bulky and heavy to me last year I found a nice used one (no darn way to beat the little tank up anyway)and yes I do like it
I normally shoot 586/686s but this seems to be a nice cross between a J frame and K frame, again I dont think you could hurt one so I am starting loading that is where I test fire rounds
I just need some cool grip panels
Hank

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You lucky turd, I can't even find a PMR30. Much less at a deal. I want one to put in my backpack when hiking cause its light and with 30 rounds of .22 mag you could kill a dang bear with it if you had to. Enjoy it.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good fortune! I'm still looking for an old model SP101 in 22lr.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by seal_billy
You lucky turd, I can't even find a PMR30. Much less at a deal. I want one to put in my backpack when hiking cause its light and with 30 rounds of .22 mag you could kill a dang bear with it if you had to. Enjoy it.

agreed, been looking for one at a deal for a long time now

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,921
Posts18,479,766
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.