Home
Posted By: tmitch Anschutz magazines - 08/01/15
I have an Anschutz 1415-1416 inbound and thought I'd pick up a couple spare mags. Holy crap are those expensive! shocked Any of you Annie shooters have a source for mags that won't break the bank? Or is this the price you pay for buying an Anshutz?
Posted By: MT_DD_FAN Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/01/15
Originally Posted by tmitch
I have an Anschutz 1415-1416 inbound and thought I'd pick up a couple spare mags. Holy crap are those expensive! shocked Any of you Annie shooters have a source for mags that won't break the bank? Or is this the price you pay for buying an Anshutz?

Savage clips can be easily modified to work in Annies - at least the 54-series action rifles. See this thread for a comparison pic of a modified Savage mag and an OEM Anschutz:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8619774/Re:_Cooper_clips#Post8619774
Posted By: bea175 Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/02/15
Just bite the bullet and buy a couple, because they will only get higher in this economy.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/02/15
Thanks. I will probably pick up one more OEM mag just to have, but now after looking into the Savage mags I'm going to give them a try also. Apparently the mags made by Wisner for the older Savage models 35/34/65/85/416/982 work great with little to no modification, this according to several guys over on Rimfirecentral and reviews on Brownells website. At $16 a pop rather than $60 for OEM it's worth a shot.
Posted By: Ryszzard Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/12/15
bought 4 of the Wisners for my 1710, a fellow at the other Rimfire site sold the polymer end caps for them. They work like a charm. My factory original will sometimes cause the last round to get pinched, has not happened with these.
My 2 cents
you can just leave them on the counter

Rich
Posted By: Hairtrigger Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/15/15
I have been fortunate. I purchased a Exemplar used as well as a rifle, both use the same magazine and both came with 2 extra mags smile
Posted By: Talf Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/17/15

I order them from CC.
$47 for Anschutz factory originals
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=001153
tal
Posted By: RickF Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/17/15
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN

Savage clips can be easily modified to work in Annies - at least the 54-series action rifles. See this thread for a comparison pic of a modified Savage mag and an OEM Anschutz:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8619774/Re:_Cooper_clips#Post8619774

Yes! In my 5418 I use the Savage mags. In fact they feed much better than the factory Annie mags do.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Anschutz magazines - 08/18/15
Thanks for the info guys. Just got in three of the Wisners from Brownells and they work great, no fitting required. Only issue I see is without the larger OEM base plate they can be pushed in further if you're resting the gun on the mag and bind the bolt. Solution, don't rest the gun on the mag!
© 24hourcampfire