Home
Just saw this Model 7 on GB! Are these guns going for this much????

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/962442581

Wtf! That’s a lot of $
It's a .222, it's a BDL, and it's new in the box. Any of those are unusual. All three in the same rifle = premium price.

Okie John
Pretty cool little gun but not for money like that... is the gun worth it... only for someone collecting and not for a shooter... You could build a fantastic custom gun on a 700 action and buy high end glass for that type of money... and it would probably shoot better as well.
No not worth that, just some dipshit with too much money.He'll get a 3 day inspection , all his friends will tell him he is crazy and he will send it back. Seller gets left with holding the bag and a bunch of shipping, insurance cost and possibly a fugged up rifle from shipping...mb
there are alot of guns that brought crazy/stupid prices in the last two years
I have a Model 7 SS HS in 308. That can be for sale for prices like this one!
I’m wanting to buy a Model Seven SS in 260 at a reasonable price. Maybe one day it’ll happen. 🤞
Same here, 243 [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The .222s were only produced for a short time before they dropped it in favor of the .223, so a NIB one is probably the cat's ass to a Seven collector.
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
The .222s were only produced for a short time before they dropped it in favor of the .223, so a NIB one is probably the cat's ass to a Seven collector.
^^^This^^^.......Hb
Originally Posted by SCGunNut

The .243 and 6mm versions with the wood stocks are tough to find, too.
I bought a 223 when they first came out. Mine was a tackdriver. I sold it to buy something I would use more.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I bought a 223 when they first came out. Mine was a tackdriver. I sold it to buy something I would use more.

Yep. My .223 wood stock version was very accurate after bedding the stock. Wish I still had it.
I had one in 243. Converted it to a 358!
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Just saw this Model 7 on GB! Are these guns going for this much????

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/962442581

Wtf! That’s a lot of $
That one is.

But you can’t generalize, as others have said.

Rare configuration and condition; overall the market is much weaker than it was a year ago.
On stuff that is being sold by companies/businesses note how many of the high bidders are either N/R or have just a few positive feedback.

On my part, once I see the price being driven up by an NR bidder or someone wit a half dozen posts or less, I cease bidding.

If it's a brick and mortar store, they can sell it to themselves, pay the listing fees, and sell it out of their store or pawn shop. The fees, when auctions which are started at $.01, do not amount to much. The buyer can be a straw man. Who knows other than the seller and buyer whether the deal actually happens. The fees are paid to Gunbroker , the seller takes a generous profit (I have not problem with profit) and moves on. It's hard to lose by making a profit, and the bank pays less than 2% on CD's.

Just sayin'

GWB
I’m not surprised at that auction sale price. Are they gold? No. But they are a solid platform in certain chamberings. I have a 20” 7mm 08 that I’m keeping a long time.
Originally Posted by geedubya
On stuff that is being sold by companies/businesses note how many of the high bidders are either N/R or have just a few positive feedback.

On my part, once I see the price being driven up by an NR bidder or someone wit a half dozen posts or less, I cease bidding.

If it's a brick and mortar store, they can sell it to themselves, pay the listing fees, and sell it out of their store or pawn shop. The fees, when auctions which are started at $.01, do not amount to much. The buyer can be a straw man. Who knows other than the seller and buyer whether the deal actually happens. The fees are paid to Gunbroker , the seller takes a generous profit (I have not problem with profit) and moves on. It's hard to lose by making a profit, and the bank pays less than 2% on CD's.

Just sayin'

GWB

Good point on the NR bidders. I personally know of a bunch of those that don’t pay after the auction closes.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Just sayin'

GWB

Good point on the NR bidders. I personally know of a bunch of those that don’t pay after the auction closes.

Conversely, I have contacted GunBroker Mgmt. on numerous occasions when scammers that are new sellers copy and paste guns off Guns International, etc. No response.

I did see one guy who would bid on the scammer's high dollar guns until he won then not pay. On GunBroker, if you are the winning bidder, you can leave feedback, and tell the world that the seller is a scammer.

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Just sayin'

GWB

Conversely, I have contacted GunBroker Mgmt. on numerous occasions when scammers that are new sellers copy and paste guns off Guns International, etc. No response.

I did see one guy who would bid on the scammer's high dollar guns until he won then not pay. On GunBroker, if you are the winning bidder, you can leave feedback, and tell the world that the seller is a scammer.

ya!

GWB

Its a Joke and GB does nothing about it.
One can still get deals on GunBroker, just have to be diligent and add about 15% to your winning bid as a buyer premium.

One method I have used with success in the recent past is to do a search under the category of "guns and gun parts". Do not enter in what to search for and tap the search icon. It will list about 417 pages of firearms, with auction ending times in chronological order, from about 1 minute left on. Have found a few "sleepers" that way.

ya!

GWB
I have one, a 7mm-08, like it a lot
I would love to have a Remington Model Seven KS in 35 REM in my grubby little paws.........
The 222 Is The Holy Grail Of The Model 7's . New The Box..Is Harder To Find..I'd Say It'll Go For Over $3000...Worth It, Not To Me. But Someone..
The prices for M7s have been out of whack for a while now.

I've got 3 currently; .223, .260, and a 350RM. I really like the action length, so I've got a search going on GB with daily updates. I'd like to find another one that I can turn into a .338Fed, but every one I've bid on goes higher than I'm willing to pay because my .350RM sort of fills that niche.
So I have a Model 7 SS HS in 308 in the box still. I bought it because it was so light and that HS stock with the green webbing was beautiful. But I really want……. Don’t hate….
A Ruger Guide Gun in 30/06. I know. I’m
Nuts.
Like both my Model Seven's, a 223 and a 7-08. I could I guess sell all my other hunting rifles and use them for everything I hunt.
So I have a Model 7 SS HS in 308 in the box still. I bought it because it was so light and that HS stock with the green webbing was beautiful. But I really want……. Don’t hate….
A Ruger Guide Gun in 30/06. I know. I’m
Nuts.

I've dropped all 3 of my M7s into the HS Precision stock, and each time it improved the accuracy a little bit. On my .260 it went from a 1.5-2MOA rifle to sub MOA just by changing the stock. It was one of the few times I wrote a manufacturer to compliment them. Before that I tried a bunch of loads to get that rifle to shoot.

In the past couple years though I've gone on a lightweight kick and changed out the HS stocks for a couple of Manners carbon fiber's. Each rifle dropped about 12 ounces, average weight of a manners EH8 is right at 24 ounces. My .350RM which was pushing 8 1/2 pounds "all up" is now right at 7lbs. I've got one more of the HS stocks (tan with Black web) that I'm hanging on to incase I do finally find another M7 "Deal".
My model 7 in 308 I bought this summer accounted for 4 deer this year and is by far my most favorite rifle that I've carried in years. Paid a little more than I should have and don't regret it one bit.
I guess it's in the deck of cards in the game of life. Seems you search forever for things no longer made that you wished you would have bought. Then when you find it the price is more than you are willing to pay or you don't have any extra cash. So the deal is discarded to the " bucket list". Fast forward 3-5-8-15 etc years and there it is right in front of you but with the price increase, you have the cash do you still want it? Such is the case with me in M7's way back when I bought a walnut stocked m7 in 6mm ,the butt had been cut to 12.5" .some rancher did that to make a starter gun for his sons. I figured it would work for my daughter had a 2.5 x 7 Redfield wideview on it $369. She had no interest in being a hunter. So after a few years I sold it to a guy with a 10 year old daughter and a 6 yr old boy. The girl handled it and didn't want to give it back to dad, I could see the hope in her eyes. So I sold it to him for what he could afford to pay not what it was worth but more than I payed. Last year
I found another walnut stocked m7 in 6mm rem absolutely mint no scope but rings and bases . It had never been used much. 550 but worth it my daughter is 23 now and I'm still hoping she gets the itch to hunt. Mb
First year production gun I believe. Smooth bolt, schnable fore end and wood and bluing that is spectacular. It’s a once in a long time type gun. I own one or two model 7s. These are neat guns that are classic looking not like some of newer way overpriced custom or semi custom light weight guns sold today. There’s a reason why they make chocolate and vanilla!
Can’t really use a collectable one like that as a benchmark. Doesn’t seem out of line to me as such, but for actual use, NFW. I have a couple or three nice rifles, but they all get used, not stuck away like precious gems.
Knew a guy who owned a Model Seven in 17 REM. Only one I have ever seen in that caliber.
Rule #1 of gun collecting.

Retard guns that make little sense and are discontinued due to lack of interest are
instant my highly coveted and persued the moment they are discontinued.

Everyone wants something others can't get.

Price a M-7BDL in 6mm sometime.
No one wanted them, they bought 243s.
Now.....
IMO, the Model 7 Predator rifles are one of the best shooting rifles ever made. I have had several of them, currently have 3, and all have been very accurate right out of the box. I have one in 223 that will be one of the last guns I'd ever part with.
I got a threaded barrel 308 I’d trade for a model 70 308 featherweight if the situation ever occurs
I have this same rifle. My did started me off deer hunting with it, killed my first couple of deer with it. It's a pleasure to carry when hunting. I think I can understand the appeal and pricing on this one.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
IMO, the Model 7 Predator rifles are one of the best shooting rifles ever made. I have had several of them, currently have 3, and all have been very accurate right out of the box. I have one in 223 that will be one of the last guns I'd ever part with.

It's funny, because right before Rem went under they were going for around $400 in some places. I almost ordered one in .223, but contacted Remington and was told they put a 1:12 twist in those, VS the 1:9 in the regular M7 .223s. I wanted something I could practice with and I already had 3 other .223s shooing 69 OTMs. So I bought a regular M7 at just under $600. I really should have bought one in .243 for coyotes and a "lender" deer rifle. Now on GB they're going for twice what I could have gotten one for.

My M7 .260 was about a 1.5-2 MOA rifle initially, the HS Precision stock tightened it up to sub MOA, but it was still the worst fouling barrel I've ever had. Accuracy would drop off after 15rds and it was a really PITA to clean. Not an issue for a hunting rifle, but I really like to practice with that rifle. So off it went to PacNor for a 20" Fluted 3Groove "Super Match" barrel in a Bartlein 2B profile. I also order a Manners, had the bolt fluted and the bolt handle skeletonized. It's now my favorite "all around" whitetail rifle.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

and it shoots well with 120 BTs and ABs

Originally Posted by Chuck_R
Originally Posted by JamesJr

It's funny, because right before Rem went under they were going for around $400 in some places. I almost ordered one in .223, but contacted Remington and was told they put a 1:12 twist in those, VS the 1:9 in the regular M7 .223s. I wanted something I could practice with and I already had 3 other .223s shooing 69 OTMs. So I bought a regular M7 at just under $600. I really should have bought one in .243 for coyotes and a "lender" deer rifle. Now on GB they're going for twice what I could have gotten one for.

My M7 .260 was about a 1.5-2 MOA rifle initially, the HS Precision stock tightened it up to sub MOA, but it was still the worst fouling barrel I've ever had. Accuracy would drop off after 15rds and it was a really PITA to clean. Not an issue for a hunting rifle, but I really like to practice with that rifle. So off it went to PacNor for a 20" Fluted 3Groove "Super Match" barrel in a Bartlein 2B profile. I also order a Manners, had the bolt fluted and the bolt handle skeletonized. It's now my favorite "all around" whitetail rifle.

and it shoots well with 120 BTs and ABs

The first M7 Predator 223's were 1-12 ROT, which is what mine is. Since I was going to shoot nothing heavier than a 55 grain bullet in it, it suited me just fine. The last ones made, and I do not know what date they started, were 1-9's. I know because I had one. My M7 stainless is a 1-9.
Chuck R- what brand and model tripod is that in the pic? How do you like it???
Chuck R- what brand and model tripod is that in the pic? How do you like it???

DrDeath,

It's a Shadow Tech "Piglite-CF4" carbon fiber tripod with their GNN XB-44L low profile head. Weight all up is a little under 5lbs and the tripod capacity is 24lbs.

https://stores.hogsaddle.com/piglite-cf4-carbon-fiber-shooting-tripod/

Practicing out to 600yds on my home range:

I had Swiss Arca plates mounted to a couple of my longer distance hunting rifles and mounted arca plates to my precision rifles with MLOCK plates. I also bought a "mini-waxed bag" from Thunderbird Long Range with Gitlite fill that I throw on top for the rifles without plates (which is what you see under the M7), or if I don't have time to lock in. I keep the bag strapped to the top of my pack and the tripod strapped to the side.

I've also got a Hog Saddle from the same company, but the weight is up there and it's slow to clamp in and just as slow to get out of. I also mounted an Arca plate to one of my spotting scopes to get dual use from the tripod. Practice session with my M7 in .223 clamped in the Hog Saddle:

It's a little heavier when compared to some offerings (3.6lbs minus the ball head), but built like a tank. The only thing I'd consider changing would be the locking levers for the legs to the twist style. They work very well and lock the legs tight (the tension is adjustable), but snag sometimes when deploying the tripod from my backpack. Not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of.
I own 2 model 7’s in 222 rem Both 1st year models Both bought used roughly 90 to 95% Both are shooters both get used thsts what they were made for both were bought for just under $500 each I’ve got two 6mm remingtons bought the same way Earlybones steel floor plates and trigger guards Love these little rifles even got lucky and have a 308 the same way My 7mm-08’s are more modern along with the 223 but I just enjoy these little rifles but using them is where the fun is
Chuck R

I have a M7 in 260 and I am wanting to lighten it up and improve performance. I love they way your gun turned out. Do you mind sharing which model Manners stock you went with and who done your bolt work? Appreciate your input
I own one myself. I've seen a few online but mine is the only one I've ever laid hands on.
Originally Posted by Buffalo_River
Chuck R

I have a M7 in 260 and I am wanting to lighten it up and improve performance. I love they way your gun turned out. Do you mind sharing which model Manners stock you went with and who done your bolt work? Appreciate your input

No problem. The stock is a Manners EH8 in Elite Clear Web, weighs in at 24 ounce, with pillars, minus bedding. Comb is the perfect height for a 1"-30mm tube with 40mm Objective. I've got another EH8 on a .350 M7 and it's tough to get down low enough to use the irons if that's a concern.

Bolt work was done by LRI, I've had them do several.

IF I had to do it over again, I'd stick with 20", but cut the 2B shank down some to shave some weight, it would also bring the muzzle diameter down a little. That's a 1.5" shank on the .260 and I'm having another 2B 24" put on a 700 long action that will have a .5" shank to shed a little.

However, it does balance about perfect. As it sits "all up" 7lbs 8 ounces loaded. Going with a true sporter weight would get you below 7lbs easy. My .350RM in a Manners EH8 with 20" Rem Magnum Sporter:

Stripped weight: 5lbs 12.4 Ounces
With 2.5-8x36 Leupold in Warne QD mounts: 6lbs 14.1 Ounces
All up, with scope, sling and 4rds of 200 grn: 7lbs 7.2 Ounces

With Swarovski 1.25-4X, "all up" and 4rds of 225 Partition: 7lbs 9.2 ounces
Thanks for all the knowledge. That’s the direction I am going.
Thanks again.
Originally Posted by Buffalo_River
Thanks for all the knowledge. That’s the direction I am going.
Thanks again.

No problem.
© 24hourcampfire