Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Just saw this Model 7 on GB! Are these guns going for this much????

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/962442581

Wtf! That’s a lot of $

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It's a .222, it's a BDL, and it's new in the box. Any of those are unusual. All three in the same rifle = premium price.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pretty cool little gun but not for money like that... is the gun worth it... only for someone collecting and not for a shooter... You could build a fantastic custom gun on a 700 action and buy high end glass for that type of money... and it would probably shoot better as well.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
No not worth that, just some dipshit with too much money.He'll get a 3 day inspection , all his friends will tell him he is crazy and he will send it back. Seller gets left with holding the bag and a bunch of shipping, insurance cost and possibly a fugged up rifle from shipping...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
there are alot of guns that brought crazy/stupid prices in the last two years

IC B2

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I have a Model 7 SS HS in 308. That can be for sale for prices like this one!

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I’m wanting to buy a Model Seven SS in 260 at a reasonable price. Maybe one day it’ll happen. 🤞

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Same here, 243 [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The .222s were only produced for a short time before they dropped it in favor of the .223, so a NIB one is probably the cat's ass to a Seven collector.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
The .222s were only produced for a short time before they dropped it in favor of the .223, so a NIB one is probably the cat's ass to a Seven collector.
^^^This^^^.......Hb

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCGunNut

The .243 and 6mm versions with the wood stocks are tough to find, too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I bought a 223 when they first came out. Mine was a tackdriver. I sold it to buy something I would use more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I bought a 223 when they first came out. Mine was a tackdriver. I sold it to buy something I would use more.

Yep. My .223 wood stock version was very accurate after bedding the stock. Wish I still had it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one in 243. Converted it to a 358!

Rolly
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Just saw this Model 7 on GB! Are these guns going for this much????

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/962442581

Wtf! That’s a lot of $
That one is.

But you can’t generalize, as others have said.

Rare configuration and condition; overall the market is much weaker than it was a year ago.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
On stuff that is being sold by companies/businesses note how many of the high bidders are either N/R or have just a few positive feedback.

On my part, once I see the price being driven up by an NR bidder or someone wit a half dozen posts or less, I cease bidding.

If it's a brick and mortar store, they can sell it to themselves, pay the listing fees, and sell it out of their store or pawn shop. The fees, when auctions which are started at $.01, do not amount to much. The buyer can be a straw man. Who knows other than the seller and buyer whether the deal actually happens. The fees are paid to Gunbroker , the seller takes a generous profit (I have not problem with profit) and moves on. It's hard to lose by making a profit, and the bank pays less than 2% on CD's.

Just sayin'

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/22/22.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m not surprised at that auction sale price. Are they gold? No. But they are a solid platform in certain chamberings. I have a 20” 7mm 08 that I’m keeping a long time.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by geedubya
On stuff that is being sold by companies/businesses note how many of the high bidders are either N/R or have just a few positive feedback.

On my part, once I see the price being driven up by an NR bidder or someone wit a half dozen posts or less, I cease bidding.

If it's a brick and mortar store, they can sell it to themselves, pay the listing fees, and sell it out of their store or pawn shop. The fees, when auctions which are started at $.01, do not amount to much. The buyer can be a straw man. Who knows other than the seller and buyer whether the deal actually happens. The fees are paid to Gunbroker , the seller takes a generous profit (I have not problem with profit) and moves on. It's hard to lose by making a profit, and the bank pays less than 2% on CD's.

Just sayin'

GWB

Good point on the NR bidders. I personally know of a bunch of those that don’t pay after the auction closes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Just sayin'

GWB

Good point on the NR bidders. I personally know of a bunch of those that don’t pay after the auction closes.

Conversely, I have contacted GunBroker Mgmt. on numerous occasions when scammers that are new sellers copy and paste guns off Guns International, etc. No response.

I did see one guy who would bid on the scammer's high dollar guns until he won then not pay. On GunBroker, if you are the winning bidder, you can leave feedback, and tell the world that the seller is a scammer.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Just sayin'

GWB

Conversely, I have contacted GunBroker Mgmt. on numerous occasions when scammers that are new sellers copy and paste guns off Guns International, etc. No response.

I did see one guy who would bid on the scammer's high dollar guns until he won then not pay. On GunBroker, if you are the winning bidder, you can leave feedback, and tell the world that the seller is a scammer.

ya!

GWB

Its a Joke and GB does nothing about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,031
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.