Home
Posted By: MosesTucker Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
Opportunity to buy a Fierce rifle in a caliber that I already am set up to load for. Wondering how solid these rifles are. I am not familiar with them and have never handled one.
Posted By: devnull Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
This guy seemed to like it:

Posted By: MosesTucker Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
That guy is really animated too! Thanks for sharing
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
I have been around a few of the lower end model Fierce rifle's and those were based on a slightly modified Sako 85 action (which I am not a fan) they were accurate but not "tack drivers " like Fierce advertises, mostly hovering around MOA ...This new for 2023 Rogue model is a whole other animal as it seems to be based on a modified two lug Model 700 action (which I am a fan) I would have liked to have seen the bolt face as Jim never mentioned the type of extractor/ejector this rifle has but it is definitely a push feed rifle and does not "grab" the cartridge like he explained in the video. I dont like the way the sling mounts are made with a qd mount hole on the side of the buttstock, whats wrong with conventional sling studs? This qd system will greatly reduce your sling options, And the selection of chamberings is pretty limited as in other Fierce models. I might try a Rogue if they offered it chambered in 30-06 (they dont) im not a big cartridge of the month guy like Fierce seems to be catering too.....Good luck...Hb
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
They are accurate if you do your part. There are reports of some that have problems with their carbon fiber stocks and bedding. I have two and they are both accurate. I would put them on the same plane as the Nosler 48s platform. Most are submoa but some aren't. My two are a fury in 300 RUM and a Ti-grey edge in 28 Nosler. The Nosler is the more accurate of the two.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
This was 10 years ago, but my buddy bought two. Wanted me to get them shooting. Both in 300WSM. Neither would Crack 1.5 MOA with any factory ammo and rare was the 1 MOA group with handloads. They Had a little bitty target included. When pressed, they said they used Trophy Copper to shoot the test group. We could never find any to try
They wouldn't shoot Bergers so down the road they went.
Looked like CA knock-offs.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
I've never handled or shot one. If you're considering one, I would recommend reading the following:

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/fierce-firearms-disaster.293232/
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
Never liked the Force rifle from day one. Like VaHilbilly said, the modified Sako 85 action with it's ejection issues was an immediate turn-off.

As for being a CA knock-off, there's merit in that sentiment. IIRC, the CEO of Fierce at one time was a partner in CA.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/05/23
Makes sense
Posted By: JimR Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
I had a Fierce Edge in 280 Ackley. It was accurate, not as accurate as my Coopers, but stayed in .75 or so with factory and hand loaded ammo. The trigger was very good. I had a problem with it jamming. It was heavy and didn’t balance well.
Posted By: MosesTucker Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
Think I am gonna pass. Input has been helpful.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
I called Fierce to inquire about their actions. When I suggested they were Sako look-alikes, the guy went off on me. I ceased my consideration of it.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
Originally Posted by MosesTucker

These threads bring out a lot of naysayers

An unsatisfied customer tells 10, a satisfied customer may not tell anyone

An outfitter friend has a Fierce in .300 RUM and shoots factory ammo. It shoots great and under MOA. He has it suppressed

I was impressed
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
I have never owned a Fierce rifle, I only have been to the range with a couple friends that HAD them (no longer) but it sounds like their CS is total chit!....Hb
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Never liked the Force rifle from day one. Like VaHilbilly said, the modified Sako 85 action with it's ejection issues was an immediate turn-off.

As for being a CA knock-off, there's merit in that sentiment. IIRC, the CEO of Fierce at one time was a partner in CA.

They are within spitting distance of each other CA is in Gunnison,UT and Fierce in Redmond, Ut
not a fan of either myself
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
Opportunity to buy a Fierce rifle in a caliber that I already am set up to load for. Wondering how solid these rifles are. I am not familiar with them and have never handled one.
........I do not own one either but have been on their site many times just to check out things....In their currently for sale inventory section with scopes already installed on the rifles, some of the 3 or more shot targets I see are quite good. Imo these rifles are well built and solid. No reason to believe otherwise for now.
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

An outfitter friend has a Fierce in .300 RUM and shoots factory ammo. It shoots great and under MOA. He has it suppressed

I was impressed
.........Agree here. Every rifle is its own individual. Setting aside full customs built jobs, there are great shooters, reasonably good shooters and not so good shooting rifles with just about every manufacturer.
Posted By: MosesTucker Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I was impressed

Thanks for this insight
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/06/23
Originally Posted by WiFowler

They are made by Bombardier for Fierce.
Posted By: Remington01 Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/09/23
I purchased a Fierce CT Rival last summer in 280 AI. Hand loads are 175gn ABLR leaving muzzle at 2790. Shoots under 1/2” three shot groups at 100 yds. Killed 2 whitetails, 1 mule deer, 4 ferel hogs and 7 coyotes with it so far. Longest shot was 491 yds on a whitetail. It’s topped with a Leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44 optic. Weighs in at 7# 2oz. Very pleased with the rifle.
Mine groups better without the factory break.
Posted By: cdg Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/10/23
I purchased a Fierce Fury (20" steel barrel) in 7mm-08 last February. I have been very happy with it as it's accurate and in my opinion well balanced. Though definitely not as light as my Kimber Montana in 6.5cm I find myself using the Fierce considerably more.
I had very good communication throughout the buying process with them as they were polite and answered my many questions.
Posted By: TI3006 Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/23/23
I have had a fierce edge in 300 wm for 4 years. Fierce recommended federal trophy tip 180 gr as this is what they shot the test target with.. The rifle has outshot the test target it came with consistently, 3 bullets are usually touching at 100 meters.. I simply am incapable of shooting better.
Last year, I broke a firing pin, dry firing it. They replaced it immediately. I am in canada , so getting gun parts isn't easy, they took care of everything.
I find it a little heavy , I have a lieca scope on it, in metal talley mounts, at 61 the mountains are getting taller. That being said, the rifle is easy to shoot from all positions and settles right down. It is the right wieght for a 300 wm.
I have taken 3 wt and a muley with it. It has become my primary elk rifle.

I am pleased with the rifle and have been treated well when I had a problem.
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/23/23
Thanks for pisting
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/23/23
Originally Posted by devnull

That guy is also a skinny-fat tard. The more he speaks, the more you know how stupid he is.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/23/23
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by devnull

That guy is also a skinny-fat tard. The more he speaks, the more you know how stupid he is.

I wouldn’t go that far. But, like you said, i think his greatest interest is getting a YT channel to produce funds.
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/24/23
He is a lawyer and loves guns. As most do, they like to be the center of attention and is not in need of any money. His YT channel is not bad. He is way better than a lot of the homers on YT. He tests a lot of things and not always in a nice way. Lately though, the commercials are a PITA and stupid.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/24/23
Yeah i have just about quit watching him as those commercials have turned me off with their stupidity!.....Hb
Posted By: Darryle Re: Fierce thoughts? - 01/29/23
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
They are made by Bombardier for Fierce.

I thought Antler Arms made the rifles produced in Canada and Fierce now makes them in house in Utah?

Antler Arms

I have no dog in the fight, but I won't be looking at a Fierce USA manufactured rifle ever.
© 24hourcampfire