Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Opportunity to buy a Fierce rifle in a caliber that I already am set up to load for. Wondering how solid these rifles are. I am not familiar with them and have never handled one.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This guy seemed to like it:

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
That guy is really animated too! Thanks for sharing

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have been around a few of the lower end model Fierce rifle's and those were based on a slightly modified Sako 85 action (which I am not a fan) they were accurate but not "tack drivers " like Fierce advertises, mostly hovering around MOA ...This new for 2023 Rogue model is a whole other animal as it seems to be based on a modified two lug Model 700 action (which I am a fan) I would have liked to have seen the bolt face as Jim never mentioned the type of extractor/ejector this rifle has but it is definitely a push feed rifle and does not "grab" the cartridge like he explained in the video. I dont like the way the sling mounts are made with a qd mount hole on the side of the buttstock, whats wrong with conventional sling studs? This qd system will greatly reduce your sling options, And the selection of chamberings is pretty limited as in other Fierce models. I might try a Rogue if they offered it chambered in 30-06 (they dont) im not a big cartridge of the month guy like Fierce seems to be catering too.....Good luck...Hb

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They are accurate if you do your part. There are reports of some that have problems with their carbon fiber stocks and bedding. I have two and they are both accurate. I would put them on the same plane as the Nosler 48s platform. Most are submoa but some aren't. My two are a fury in 300 RUM and a Ti-grey edge in 28 Nosler. The Nosler is the more accurate of the two.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
This was 10 years ago, but my buddy bought two. Wanted me to get them shooting. Both in 300WSM. Neither would Crack 1.5 MOA with any factory ammo and rare was the 1 MOA group with handloads. They Had a little bitty target included. When pressed, they said they used Trophy Copper to shoot the test group. We could never find any to try
They wouldn't shoot Bergers so down the road they went.
Looked like CA knock-offs.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've never handled or shot one. If you're considering one, I would recommend reading the following:

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/fierce-firearms-disaster.293232/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never liked the Force rifle from day one. Like VaHilbilly said, the modified Sako 85 action with it's ejection issues was an immediate turn-off.

As for being a CA knock-off, there's merit in that sentiment. IIRC, the CEO of Fierce at one time was a partner in CA.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Makes sense

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I had a Fierce Edge in 280 Ackley. It was accurate, not as accurate as my Coopers, but stayed in .75 or so with factory and hand loaded ammo. The trigger was very good. I had a problem with it jamming. It was heavy and didn’t balance well.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Think I am gonna pass. Input has been helpful.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I called Fierce to inquire about their actions. When I suggested they were Sako look-alikes, the guy went off on me. I ceased my consideration of it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MosesTucker

These threads bring out a lot of naysayers

An unsatisfied customer tells 10, a satisfied customer may not tell anyone

An outfitter friend has a Fierce in .300 RUM and shoots factory ammo. It shoots great and under MOA. He has it suppressed

I was impressed

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have never owned a Fierce rifle, I only have been to the range with a couple friends that HAD them (no longer) but it sounds like their CS is total chit!....Hb

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Never liked the Force rifle from day one. Like VaHilbilly said, the modified Sako 85 action with it's ejection issues was an immediate turn-off.

As for being a CA knock-off, there's merit in that sentiment. IIRC, the CEO of Fierce at one time was a partner in CA.

They are within spitting distance of each other CA is in Gunnison,UT and Fierce in Redmond, Ut
not a fan of either myself

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Opportunity to buy a Fierce rifle in a caliber that I already am set up to load for. Wondering how solid these rifles are. I am not familiar with them and have never handled one.
........I do not own one either but have been on their site many times just to check out things....In their currently for sale inventory section with scopes already installed on the rifles, some of the 3 or more shot targets I see are quite good. Imo these rifles are well built and solid. No reason to believe otherwise for now.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

An outfitter friend has a Fierce in .300 RUM and shoots factory ammo. It shoots great and under MOA. He has it suppressed

I was impressed
.........Agree here. Every rifle is its own individual. Setting aside full customs built jobs, there are great shooters, reasonably good shooters and not so good shooting rifles with just about every manufacturer.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I was impressed

Thanks for this insight

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WiFowler

They are made by Bombardier for Fierce.

R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
I purchased a Fierce CT Rival last summer in 280 AI. Hand loads are 175gn ABLR leaving muzzle at 2790. Shoots under 1/2” three shot groups at 100 yds. Killed 2 whitetails, 1 mule deer, 4 ferel hogs and 7 coyotes with it so far. Longest shot was 491 yds on a whitetail. It’s topped with a Leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44 optic. Weighs in at 7# 2oz. Very pleased with the rifle.
Mine groups better without the factory break.

James McAlester
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,719
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.