Home
Was wondering if it is Tick - Uh or if it pronounced differently.
I have not owned one yet but am considering. Academy sports sells the t3 and the counter guys refer to them as Brownings. I guess if it comes with a Browning tag then you can call it that.
Oops, They have Beretta tags on them. Anyway, how to pronounce ?
Tee-kuh
I have always heard it pronounced "teek-ah", but I don't know any Scandinavians--just ranchers, farmers, cowboys and displaced Texans.
They probably have some of those Sawvoreskis.
It's the Swedish abbreviation of... "Plas-tikka".

TC
Hard to say, everyone I meet calls Sako "say-co" instead of "socko." I believe Tikka is "tee-ka"
I've always thought it was tee-kuh.
I'm a Finn-Swede, and my Granfather (Finn-Swede) says Teeka
Originally Posted by TopCat

TC
laugh
It's pronounced " Tee one-hell-of-a-shooter-for-the-money Kah" laugh
Finnish for "gives custom rifle looney's fits". laugh

Socko and teekah are correct pronunciations.
Saakoo
Sack oh
Actually originally Tikka-Koski.
Originally Posted by Beargrease

Ain't that the truth, I too have been a victim of the super-accurate Tikka. frown
Shii-iiiit...

figured I'd save somebody the trouble.
Have two, an older 595 in .223 and a T3 blued in .30-06. Anticipating another one in, let's say it together, two-seventy! smile
One accurate sum B is what I call them...grin

Dober
Some great humor in the replies. "Plas-Tikka" had me laughin.
Originally Posted by TopCat

TC

It actually means "I'll outshoot any out of the box rifle, anywhere, any day."
Who cares lol
Phonetically it's [juhngk]. Aesthetically it's juhngk,for rugged durability it's juhngk,for balance/handling it's juhgnk...but in fairness it's a cheap piece of schit and that's enough to swoon many.

Bless their hearts.
Suojeluskuntain Ase- ja Konepaja Oy,

Thats what SAKO means in plain English: Civil Guard Gun- and Machiningworks Ltd).

So we can brag that we all shoot a :CGGM.........LOL!!!

Gus
Taco
Everyone I know pronounces BRNO as brewno
Originally Posted by Boxer
Phonetically it's [juhngk]. Aesthetically it's juhngk,for rugged durability it's juhngk,for balance/handling it's juhgnk...but in fairness it's a cheap piece of schit and that's enough to swoon many.

Bless their hearts.

How many have you owned?
Originally Posted by MikeNZ

Bless their hearts.

How many have you owned?

Oh Christ, and so it begins. *popcorn*
Tikka = "Best in the world".................

waiting for Swampy to chime in.........

G
Originally Posted by MikeNZ

Bless their hearts.

How many have you owned?

I'd not own one and wouldn't break stride to pick up a free one. Fact is,I'm still trying to get the smell offa my hands,as I've shot 'em in most configurations including TikTac's.

Every broke dick turd polisher swings by the house to flaunt 'em,as if they's something...which they assuredly ain't. None of The Gang drives one,but part of the crew has beaten me home and perhaps there was a large drunken bet in the works one night,in which I'm not privvy too,though I've serious reservations on the fruition. Will happily report the error,if someone drank that much and ended up short changed in such a manner.

Have shot 'em in 223,22-250,243,308,270WSM,'06 and 7mm Rem Mag.

Dog schit,from stem to stern.

The plastic magazine was all I needed to see.
Bet you've never seen a plastic magazine fail..
If cheap plastic dog schit horns you up,then you'll be pissing all over yourself(and up a rope) with the Tikka. For a "satisfying" re-piss,give the recoil "lug" a gawk.

Consumate brainfarts,that'll only dupe the most clueless,on their road to polishing turds.

Scandahoovian's can build rifles and elder Sakos are squarely skookum,but the Tikka's are sad [bleep] jokes on all levels.

They're the region's 710.
I love the way you sugar-coat your opinions.... grin
Rancho... You're right, I haven't seen one fail. Guess its just the fact that its plastic, kinda freaked me right out.
Yep RL- Ive been selling them for years...was concerned about the plastic mag, especially in sub-zero temps here...no issues yet...
Originally Posted by TannerGun
The plastic magazine was all I needed to see.

You ever see the Orlight mags, used by the Israeli army? You ever used the plastic mags built by DPMS? You ever used a Tikka magazine? They are all the smoothest feeding mags you will find.

That's all fine... I'll just keep my aluminum mags.
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
Taco

As in the pumps or the meat filled chip?
My Tikka will outshoot anything you own, regardless of your prized aluminum mags.
Take it easy man!
The midget reunion must be over....he's back.
Don't you guys get your panties all in a wad...they aren't really plastic mags..they are " Modern Space Age Polymer".... grin
yeah no kidding! I never said anything about the function, just that the plastic scared me a little bit. I know the things are damn accurate!
Yep! Ive got one. Havent found a load it doesn't like yet, yada, yada, yada, but as Ive posted before....it has no "soul" and is about as endearing as a Craftsman Cresent wrench...

Hence..it is the designated "Truck Gun".... grin
I hear ya! Ingwe, you wrote the blurb for the 300 H&H in the Barnes manual correct?
Correctamundo....and one for the 7x57 in the Barnes #3..
Thought that was you... Nice piece!
Thanks! Now since Ive really started using the hell out of TSXs I havent shot a rifle over .24 cal in six years.... grin

Pretty much everything gets shot with centerfire .22s and TSXs.....including today's deer (....I hope..... wink )
Originally Posted by ingwe
it has no "soul" and is about as endearing as a Craftsman Cresent wrench...

That's how I feel about anything with a synthetic stock. Tacky paint jobs and pirate stickers don't help any either.
Pirate stickers.... grin
Yep RL- Ive been selling them for years...was concerned about the plastic mag, especially in sub-zero temps here...no issues yet...
The Russian military doesn't seem to have any problems with the plastic mags they've been using in their AK-47'S for years either. In fact they're tougher than the old sheet steel mags. I suspect the same is true for the Tikka mags vs sheet steel too. I know I saw a 200 lb guy stand on a Tikka mag with no damage.
I recall - it seems like only a year or two- when composite (plastic) skis got the old 'jaundiced eye' deal from long time riders of 'snowmobiles'. Now, 15 years or so later, who wants a metal ski? Plastic is a darned good thing when properly applied. (I hear they even is plastic in bullets these days. If that don't take the cake? grin )
Originally Posted by medicman
Saakoo
Sack oh

ill prolly never pronounce Sako right.....but i grew up with a town just down the road called Saco, pronounced Say-ko.....so when isee Sako my brain automatically goes Say-ko, not Sock-oh
Ingwe.. those 6mm TSX rock outta little sis's 243. And 180 TTSX don't suck smile

Hey if those plastic mags work, right on! Maybe one day ill try one out (when I have no soul:)
Some serious comedy going on about a week ago in regards to what a great base for a custom build the Tikka is, seems the window lickers were allowed to remove their football helmets for a moment, resulting in tragic head injuries for all...
Originally Posted by Beargrease

If cheap plastic dog schit horns you up,then you'll be pissing all over yourself(and up a rope) with the Tikka. For a "satisfying" re-piss,give the recoil "lug" a gawk.

Consumate brainfarts,that'll only dupe the most clueless,on their road to polishing turds.

Scandahoovian's can build rifles and elder Sakos are squarely skookum,but the Tikka's are sad [bleep] jokes on all levels.

I rest my case. grin
Yep! Ive got one. Havent found a load it doesn't like yet, yada, yada, yada, but as Ive posted before....it has no "soul" and is about as endearing as a Craftsman Cresent wrench...

So, did you buy it to shoot it or romance it? grin
I have not held one yet but I am out to buy a 6.5x55, and Tikka, Howe and CZ seem to be the only one that makes that caliber, the T3 was high on my list, CZ second but heavy, and the Howe/Hoque stock seemes to suck, you guys just confirmed it for me if it mounts and points nice. I am not a fan of a clip on a bolt so that is a downer, especially since it bulges out a bit and not flush like a box magazine.
Originally Posted by erickg
Some serious comedy going on about a week ago in regards to what a great base for a custom build the Tikka is, seems the window lickers were allowed to remove their football helmets for a moment, resulting in tragic head injuries for all...

All the Window licking Do-Nothing Boobs need,is a little slack on the rope,to be well in over their heads.

Personally,I'll take P-mags over Orlite and/or Thermold,as much for the cover as anything. That being said I'm a Colt alloy Slut and can like the notion of S/S even better,if only because I shoot them all...some of that having to do with COAL.

Enjoyed the AK muse too and I'd take an SKS over it,if only because it gets one closer to ADL-esque rugged reliability. But I shoot both of them too and hate 'em.

I'll not be "surprised" that being dog dick broke,is the sole driving point behind the POS Tikka fans. Curiously enough,noone has mused that they are enthralled with ergo's,balance/handling or twist/throat of Tikka.

Look at the Boob List of those thinking it's "something" and much is instantly revealed. Bless their hearts.

Laffin'.

Boxer, I respect your opinions about Tikkas, because you have actually used them and drawn your own conclusions. Most people on the 'net poo-poo something without any experience.

That being said, I wouldn't lean a Ruger #1 against a tree so my dog could piss on it. Other people fill a safe with them though, and act like they really have something.
I have one in 7-08 that's seeing duty as a truck gun. It's very close to half MOA with factory ammo.

Anyone rebedded a T3 in a Bell & Carlson stock and reworked the recoil lug?

Also, has anyone tried using the standard 270/30-06 mag in a 7-08? If so did the rounds feed reliably? Extra length in the mag could be handy for handloads.
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog

Also, has anyone tried using the standard 270/30-06 mag in a 7-08? If so did the rounds feed reliably? Extra length in the mag could be handy for handloads.

I am sure it would work, but you would need a new bolt stop.
Boxer's note -
"I'll not be "surprised" that being dog dick broke,is the sole driving point behind the POS Tikka fans. Curiously enough,noone has mused that they are enthralled with ergo's,balance/handling or twist/throat of Tikka.

Look at the Boob List of those thinking it's "something" and much is instantly revealed. Bless their hearts.

Laffin'."

I'm not dog dick broke and own/have owned rifles made by lots of different companies. Obviously don't have your wealth or wonderful grasp of proper English and wit - but I do have a Tikka that is the envy of many for it's accuracy and balance for one hell of a reasonable cost. Time will tell if the "recoil lug" becomes a problem or not. Some of your opinions remind me of an old phrase regarding a physical attribute everyone has. Enjoy your day sir - waiting for your well mannered and well spoken response. It's always on target and the low point in my review of threads.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

That being said, I wouldn't lean a Ruger #1 against a tree so my dog could piss on it. Other people fill a safe with them though, and act like they really have something.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7mm08fan, cut the midget some slack. If you woke up every morning in his skin you'd have a schittty outlook on everything too. I like Tikkas, and am pretty sure my pocket change could buy everything he owns and then some.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I like Tikkas, and am pretty sure my pocket change could buy everything he owns and then some.
Damn, that made me laugh out loud !
7mm08fan, cut the midget some slack. If you woke up every morning in his skin you'd have a schittty outlook on everything too. I like Tikkas, and am pretty sure my pocket change could buy everything he owns and then some.

Damn JG, that is perhaps the most insightful post I've seen in a long while. And you ain't not didn't need resort to dumphuckitude tortured [bleep] for schit made up crap.
For conversation sake.

This is what I found when I pulled the bipod off a Sukka A7 last week.

[Linked Image]
split and cracked?

I don't care for the Tikka's myself, the one size fits all action gets me. Then they look like there were designed to be made as cheaply as possible at least to me.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
For conversation sake.

One more reason not to run TupperWare, wether its Sako 85, Xbolt, A7, T3 or anything else. McMillan or WOOD....
Is a sling swivel mount maounting made to take the torque a bibod can but on it? I do not think so, you have what 6-10 inches of leaverage with the bipod legs.
For conversation sake.

[Linked Image]

The front stud fell out of my T3 300Win when I shot it with Harris attached. That thing did shoot well, unlike the 223 T3 I owned for a short while...
To be fair between my 85 and A7(300 WSM's) they have about 3000 combined rounds. Most of which is from a bipod, maybe it's a miracle they've lasted as long they have.

Wouldn't have taken much for Sako/Beretta to design a stronger front stud but whatever. I've learned my lesson.

Not bitching just trying to figure out if the A7 is gonna be a truck gun or if it is worthy of an Edge stock upgrade.

Plastic piece of chit!
"Tee-ka", like "Lu-pold" (not "lee-u-pold"
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Plastic piece of chit!

Wanna buy it?!
To be fair between my 85 and A7(300 WSM's) they have about 3000 combined rounds. Most of which is from a bipod, maybe it's a miracle they've lasted as long they have.

Wouldn't have taken much for Sako/Beretta to design a stronger front stud but whatever. I've learned my lesson.

Not bitching just trying to figure out if the A7 is gonna be a truck gun or if it is worthy of an Edge stock upgrade.

My Sako 85 SS .338 Federal has seen about 1K half of that or more off a Harris. It started life with the Rubbermaid stock then I swapped it to some fool for something much better...

[Linked Image]

May get a Mickey this winter, who knows.

Please son put the tonka away I got to get the tikka.
I have one in 7-08 that's seeing duty as a truck gun. It's very close to half MOA with factory ammo.

I did drop mine in the new BC stock and ended up bedding it, would still prefer a 700 style lug but it works for me. Ergonomics were only slightly different than the OEM stock, got lots of pictures if you wanted to see them. Also the bolt stop is a very simple job, probably around 5 minutes.
Originally Posted by varmintsinc

I did drop mine in the new BC stock and ended up bedding it, would still prefer a 700 style lug but it works for me. Ergonomics were only slightly different than the OEM stock, got lots of pictures if you wanted to see them. Also the bolt stop is a very simple job, probably around 5 minutes.

So if you took a Tikka .223 with it's 1:8 fast twist, rechambered it to a 22-250 AI, redo the bolt stop so you could use a .308 length mag. whistle
The midget reunion must be over....she's back.

And she's back with a puzzy full of cheese..
Must be the shizt to be the camp bitch..
But hey when you are 5' 4" what are your choices?

no pun there..
dang!
JoeSmith the OP has been a member since '07 with a little over 50 posts.
Guess I know why.Ask a simple question and get your thread kicked all over.
Joe,I have heard both Tik-a and Tee-ka I would defer to our Finnish friends and say Tee-ka.
I had a T3 in 6.5 Sweede,traded it for a Sako 85.
I liked the Tikka like most say it shot lights out.Like others have said,my hunting buddys who handled it were impressed as well.They are Remchester Browning guys too.
Wade your way through all the useless BS posted here.
If YOU like it,buy it and enjoy.They are good rifles.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Plastic piece of chit!

Wanna buy it?!

I'll buy your other POS plastic Sucko if you throw this POS plastic Sucko in for free!

grin
Thanks, Varmintsinc. How did you bed it?
Like this...long screws to center it in the stock, devcon 10110 and a single point of contact on the barrel to center it in the channel. No need to tape or bind the action down, it sat as is while it cured up. Pulled the action, trimmed it up and torqued it to 60 and off and running. The reason I bedded it was because the BC showed a change in point of impact based on torque values, dont recall exactly but over a foot of difference at 200yards switching from 40-60lbs. As bedded I varied it from 40-60lbs and had less than an inch of change in poi at 200yards and that easily could have been me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JoeSmith
Some great humor in the replies. "Plas-Tikka" had me laughin.

I thought they are called 'Tikka' cause if you shake them real hard, they make a noise-
'tikka tikka tikka'
Originally Posted by medicman
Saakoo
Sack oh

Tikka is an abbreviation of Tikkakosi, a town in Finland, so Teeka is how it's pronounced.

SAKO is NOT a word. It's an acronym. (Suojeluskuntain Ase- ja Konepaja Oy, Civil Guard Gun- and Machiningworks Ltd.) There is no incorrect pronunciation of an acronym. I say Sayko, you say Socko... I get so perturbed at people who want to tell me I'm pronouncing the name of my rifle "wrong."

How do you pronounce USMC? USAF? FASB? NAACP?
Cool. Thanks for the pics and details!
My Tikka will outshoot anything you own, regardless of your prized aluminum mags.

I don't think sooo!!
As a matter of fact, I know it will not.
Eagleye.
Originally Posted by Eagleye

I don't think sooo!!
As a matter of fact, I know it will not.
Eagleye.

You guy's crack me up!
crazy
It was aimed at Tanner since we both live in the same town, and could go shooting together. Not sure how some guy from Canada got into the mix. My Tikka is the most accurate gun I own, wish it wasn't so based on what I have spent...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AqMl1A4aQ
Seemed like I pissed you off or something...
My posts aren't that serious... cool
I don't know how to pronounce it, BUT they are fine rifles. And, by the way, I have a Leo-pole on my Teeka...damn good combination.
Alrighty no harm no foul!
I don't care how you pronounce it, you've gotta be a dumbass snob not to like the Tikka's. The actions are smooth as oil on an ice cube and they're as accurate or moreso than any mass produced rifle on the market.
Originally Posted by COmarshrat
"Tee-ka", like "Lu-pold" (not "lee-u-pold"

Yep, Tee-ka.

Loo-pold is correct... We said it Lee-a-poold for many years and it took several more to change once we got schooled up - by them...
My T3 Super Lite .300 WIN is a hammer. Shoots RWS 3 shots in .6 ish. Accubonds and XP3s .75ish, all within 1 MOA of each other. The stock is the best "plastic" stock I have ever seen, it is stiffer than any others out there and has great ergos. I put a Limbasaver on mine. The trigger is super, the action is smooth as silk and it has a nice big extractor on it. I wish it had a 3 position safety and do not care for any detachable mag, but as it is a single column so it makes for smooth feeding.

It is everything a light mountain gun should be out of the box and dirt cheap.

Who the F cares what it is called, buy one, shoot it and hunt. I would stack mine accuracy wise against any other light weight custom gun out there and I do not have 2-3K in it.

Spence
Originally Posted by bearbacker

SAKO is NOT a word. It's an acronym. (Suojeluskuntain Ase- ja Konepaja Oy, Civil Guard Gun- and Machiningworks Ltd.) There is no incorrect pronunciation of an acronym. I say Sayko, you say Socko... I get so perturbed at people who want to tell me I'm pronouncing the name of my rifle "wrong."

The people at the company say, "Socko"...So, that's a hint!

NAPA is an acronym. Would you say, "nap-ah" or, "let me run down to the N-A-P-A to get a sparkplug!"?

crazy confused smirk
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch

NAPA is an acronym. Would you say, "nap-ah" or, "let me run down to the N-A-P-A to get a sparkplug!"?

crazy confused smirk

I might just say "Let me run down to the Auto Zone..." LOL laugh
I like mine, shoots well and provides confidence when taking shots. Shoots pretty much where I point it. I guess I dont know what I am missing, for that I am better for it. No regrets.

I dont post here much but you continually show your igonorance.

If this is what cheap plastic, chitty recoil lugs, and one size actions gets me....Ill take a Tikka ALL DAY

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch

crazy confused smirk

The factory is wrong, it is pronouned Say-ko by most hunters. Screw those Finish bastids.
© 24hourcampfire