-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't you guys get your panties all in a wad...they aren't really plastic mags..they are " Modern Space Age Polymer".... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah no kidding! I never said anything about the function, just that the plastic scared me a little bit. I know the things are damn accurate!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep! Ive got one. Havent found a load it doesn't like yet, yada, yada, yada, but as Ive posted before....it has no "soul" and is about as endearing as a Craftsman Cresent wrench...

Hence..it is the designated "Truck Gun".... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hear ya! Ingwe, you wrote the blurb for the 300 H&H in the Barnes manual correct?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Correctamundo....and one for the 7x57 in the Barnes #3..

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thought that was you... Nice piece!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks! Now since Ive really started using the hell out of TSXs I havent shot a rifle over .24 cal in six years.... grin

Pretty much everything gets shot with centerfire .22s and TSXs.....including today's deer (....I hope..... wink )

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
it has no "soul" and is about as endearing as a Craftsman Cresent wrench...

That's how I feel about anything with a synthetic stock. Tacky paint jobs and pirate stickers don't help any either.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Pirate stickers.... grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep RL- Ive been selling them for years...was concerned about the plastic mag, especially in sub-zero temps here...no issues yet...
The Russian military doesn't seem to have any problems with the plastic mags they've been using in their AK-47'S for years either. In fact they're tougher than the old sheet steel mags. I suspect the same is true for the Tikka mags vs sheet steel too. I know I saw a 200 lb guy stand on a Tikka mag with no damage.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recall - it seems like only a year or two- when composite (plastic) skis got the old 'jaundiced eye' deal from long time riders of 'snowmobiles'. Now, 15 years or so later, who wants a metal ski? Plastic is a darned good thing when properly applied. (I hear they even is plastic in bullets these days. If that don't take the cake? grin )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by medicman
Saakoo
Sack oh
Actually originally Tikka-Koski.

ill prolly never pronounce Sako right.....but i grew up with a town just down the road called Saco, pronounced Say-ko.....so when isee Sako my brain automatically goes Say-ko, not Sock-oh

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ingwe.. those 6mm TSX rock outta little sis's 243. And 180 TTSX don't suck smile

Hey if those plastic mags work, right on! Maybe one day ill try one out (when I have no soul:)

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Some serious comedy going on about a week ago in regards to what a great base for a custom build the Tikka is, seems the window lickers were allowed to remove their football helmets for a moment, resulting in tragic head injuries for all...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beargrease
Finnish for "gives custom rifle looney's fits". laugh

Originally Posted by Boxer
If cheap plastic dog schit horns you up,then you'll be pissing all over yourself(and up a rope) with the Tikka. For a "satisfying" re-piss,give the recoil "lug" a gawk.

Consumate brainfarts,that'll only dupe the most clueless,on their road to polishing turds.

Scandahoovian's can build rifles and elder Sakos are squarely skookum,but the Tikka's are sad [bleep] jokes on all levels.

They're the region's 710.

I rest my case. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep! Ive got one. Havent found a load it doesn't like yet, yada, yada, yada, but as Ive posted before....it has no "soul" and is about as endearing as a Craftsman Cresent wrench...

So, did you buy it to shoot it or romance it? grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have not held one yet but I am out to buy a 6.5x55, and Tikka, Howe and CZ seem to be the only one that makes that caliber, the T3 was high on my list, CZ second but heavy, and the Howe/Hoque stock seemes to suck, you guys just confirmed it for me if it mounts and points nice. I am not a fan of a clip on a bolt so that is a downer, especially since it bulges out a bit and not flush like a box magazine.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by erickg
Some serious comedy going on about a week ago in regards to what a great base for a custom build the Tikka is, seems the window lickers were allowed to remove their football helmets for a moment, resulting in tragic head injuries for all...

All the Window licking Do-Nothing Boobs need,is a little slack on the rope,to be well in over their heads.

Personally,I'll take P-mags over Orlite and/or Thermold,as much for the cover as anything. That being said I'm a Colt alloy Slut and can like the notion of S/S even better,if only because I shoot them all...some of that having to do with COAL.

Enjoyed the AK muse too and I'd take an SKS over it,if only because it gets one closer to ADL-esque rugged reliability. But I shoot both of them too and hate 'em.

I'll not be "surprised" that being dog dick broke,is the sole driving point behind the POS Tikka fans. Curiously enough,noone has mused that they are enthralled with ergo's,balance/handling or twist/throat of Tikka.

Look at the Boob List of those thinking it's "something" and much is instantly revealed. Bless their hearts.

Laffin'.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Boxer, I respect your opinions about Tikkas, because you have actually used them and drawn your own conclusions. Most people on the 'net poo-poo something without any experience.

That being said, I wouldn't lean a Ruger #1 against a tree so my dog could piss on it. Other people fill a safe with them though, and act like they really have something.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have one in 7-08 that's seeing duty as a truck gun. It's very close to half MOA with factory ammo.

Anyone rebedded a T3 in a Bell & Carlson stock and reworked the recoil lug?

Also, has anyone tried using the standard 270/30-06 mag in a 7-08? If so did the rounds feed reliably? Extra length in the mag could be handy for handloads.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 991 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.