bought one?

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were
on it?

jr1968.

Posted By: EZEARL Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/11/15
Not too much,jr:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/10126626/Mossberg_Patriot#Post10126626
Posted By: Witness Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/15/15
The son of my best friend just bought one. tried firing 3 shells,( 30-06 ) one fired. Looked it over and tried a no go gauge. the bolt closed easily on the no-go. I recommended the gun for a gun buy back program.
Posted By: Homesteader Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/16/15
jr1968 - saw one recently at a LGS. Nicer stock and stipling over the fugly older 4X4 model but they're are better rifles for about the same $$ out there. The post about the .30/06 'no go gauge' could make one re-consider Mossberg's QC standards. Homesteader
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/16/15
I've seen Howas for less than $400 on GB. I'd take one of those over anything Mossburg ever made.
Posted By: tzone Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/16/15
With the quality of their shotguns, I'd not even consider flipping te tag to check the price on the rifle. No matter the cost.
Posted By: Mauser12 Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/16/15
I have handled these and took a good look at them at the local gun shop. I think I would prefer just about anything else; rough metal work, cheap stock and balanced like a banana. There are a lot of better options for just a little more change.
Posted By: jr1968 Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/16/15
Thank You Guy's for your input. Sure turned me off.

I just purchased a XL-7 Marlin, instead.

jr1968
Posted By: Homesteader Re: Mossberg Patriot ? - 08/17/15
jr1968 - you are aware that Marlin has/had "issues" relating to being acquired by Remington? Hope so... Probably too late for you to check Marlinowners.com for background. Homesteader
© 24hourcampfire