Home
Posted By: 65BR Whittaker Guns - great folks - 02/14/18
Just a shout out, they are 1st rate. They had a mistake on part of an order, nothing huge, but issued a call tag promptly and swapped it out asap, and even got a phone call to confirm what was to be shipped.

They've earned my business for many reasons, and that service above is just another reason why.

Thanks Whittaker for taking care of your customers!
Gotten two guns from them with no issues whatsoever.
My one experience with them (so far) was excellent! They're definitely on the top of my list for any future purchases.
Posted By: xp100 Re: Whittaker Guns - great folks - 02/14/18
Was there yesterday and bought two guns. Darrick is top notch.
Posted By: hanco Re: Whittaker Guns - great folks - 02/14/18
I have to get one of the 1in8 22-250’s
They have my biz, very easy to deal with
Far TOO easy to deal with.
Great folks. 👍
They keep taking my money! Click click click click dohhhhhh!
My FFL dealer just ordered a gun from them for me. He never has ordered from them before. The first thing he said was how good they were to work with,.
One day I am going to make it up there to see those folks in person. They have sold me a half a half dozen guns and as many scopes in the past three years. Nothing but good experiences so far.
You should live 45 minutes from them. Dangerous
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
One day I am going to make it up there to see those folks in person. They have sold me a half a half dozen guns and as many scopes in the past three years. Nothing but good experiences so far.

Three guns in three years Paul? Heck, I've bought two since Thanksgiving from them. wink
Originally Posted by RMerta
You should live 45 minutes from them. Dangerous
It's about two hours for me to get there. You called it, dangerous to a feller's wallet. It's about two hours the other direction to Bud's in Lexington, too. It's no wonder I haven't got any cash money any more.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It's worth the drive, truly it is. I highly advise taking your appetite with you, also, you can stop by Moonlite BBQ over in Owensboro.

Whittaker's has gotten a lot of my money since I discovered them several years ago. Mostly my CZ rifles and some other neat stuff. Moonlite gets a lot of it, too. For me, it makes a nice day trip.

Whittaker's Guns has earned their reputation for excellent customer service, honesty and and fair pricing starting back years ago when Darryl Whittaker and his wife first opened the store in a two car frame garage beside his house. Good to hear Derrick is intent on maintaining Whittaker's stellar reputation while continuing to grow the business.
Posted By: 28lx Re: Whittaker Guns - great folks - 02/15/18
Ordered 4 rifles last year from them all transactions went perfectly. If they ordered any of the Bergara HMR 22-250's there will be another 👍
My buddy & I made an 8 hour round trip to go there 2 weeks ago. He had it in his mind that he had to have a Nosler 48, so I convinced him that he might want to at least hold one before he shelled out that kinda $. After shouldering everything in Darrick's candy store for 2+ hours, my buddy decided he liked something else. It was even cheaper! In our area, the only rifles he could have shouldered at a gun store would have been < $400 plastic wonders.

Our LGS's may have guns for sale, but they're not in the business of selling guns. Poor selection, poorer sales associates, take a number, trigger locks - are you kiddin' me? Whittaker's is definitely in the business of selling guns.

Of course, we had to hit Old Hickory BBQ while we were there. The meat was amazing, but time friggin' stood still when I put their banana pudding in my mouth. I much preferred Old Hickory to Moonlite, but you really need to make 2 trips to Whittaker's, just so you can try both BBQ joints.

FC
i have purchased a LOT of guns over the years from them. unfortunately i am not local so they must be shipped. i had one issue many years ago, but it was a BIG one. i purchased 2 or 3 guns at once and when they arrived, they were beat to $hit without one piece of packing in the box woth them! someone just threw them in a box amd shipped them. like i said, this was over 10 years ago and im sure whomever was dumb enough to do that has long since been culled......
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
My one experience with them (so far) was excellent! They're definitely on the top of my list for any future purchases.

Same here. I just received my first rifle purchased from them. Everything went perfect. I will continue to purchase from them with no hesitation.

GK
Originally Posted by Willicd76
i have purchased a LOT of guns over the years from them. unfortunately i am not local so they must be shipped. i had one issue many years ago, but it was a BIG one. i purchased 2 or 3 guns at once and when they arrived, they were beat to $hit without one piece of packing in the box woth them! someone just threw them in a box amd shipped them. like i said, this was over 10 years ago and im sure whomever was dumb enough to do that has long since been culled......

Did they make it right, many years ago?
I purchased one rifle from them last year, told them what I was looking at and they got it to me at a cheaper price ... can't beat the service.
Hopefully I'll purchase another one this year from them.
Waiting for them to get the new Ruger Hawkeye target in stock , then ill spend some more of my madmoney with them.
Originally Posted by lastround

i certainly didnt consider it "right" and i swore off them for quite a while. its almost impossible to beat their prices so.......of course you gotta do what you gotta do! i will definitely never order more than one gun at the same time again.

i certainly didnt consider it "right" and i swore off them for quite a while. its almost impossible to beat their prices so.......of course you gotta do what you gotta do! i will definitely never order more than one gun at the same time again.

Based on my experiences and the stories of countless others, I suspect they have long since gotten better at what they do. I ordered 4 from them at one time with no issues. Darrik has gone way out of his way to make things right with buyers when they aren't satisfied. He would not allow what happened to you ten years ago to happen again.
I don't think it's possible to get better customer service!

I ordered another gun from them on Tues. the 13th and picked it up from my FFL yesterday the 15th. That has been the case each time I've bought something from them.

On this most recent purchase I had a question on the shipping and sent them an email. I had my answer from Eric in three minutes. That's THREE, (3), minutes!!

It took me longer to type this! smile

A great bunch of folks and it's probably good that I live so far away.

Things have changed immensely since then. There wasn’t an ecommerce site 10 years ago and shipping was an afterthought. I can assure you that’s not our current procedure. We have an actual shipping department now. We also have dedicated ourselves to customer service.

I’ve said this on here and several other places — even though our customer service has improved tremendously over the past couple of years, we’re still going to make mistakes occasionally. Actually, I can promise you mistakes will happen. I can also promise you I’ll make it right when things go astray.
Darrick,

Any updates on the status of the modified "medium" sized mag box for the T-3X?

Thanks,
bludog
Whitaker's is #1.
Used to drive up once a month or every two months. I would go to Moonlite BBQ afterward. It was a great trip. Picked up a few great firearms at screaming prices. Got to handle a whole pile more of stuff you normally would not see.
Excellent people .
re
Originally Posted by bludog
Darrick,

Any updates on the status of the modified "medium" sized mag box for the T-3X?

Thanks,
bludog

Actually, no! I emailed them the question last week and never received a response. I think I’ll send another reminder tomorrow...
Go Hoos!!

Sorry Darrik.....🏀
© 24hourcampfire