Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just a shout out, they are 1st rate. They had a mistake on part of an order, nothing huge, but issued a call tag promptly and swapped it out asap, and even got a phone call to confirm what was to be shipped.

They've earned my business for many reasons, and that service above is just another reason why.

Thanks Whittaker for taking care of your customers!

HR IC

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Gotten two guns from them with no issues whatsoever.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
My one experience with them (so far) was excellent! They're definitely on the top of my list for any future purchases.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Was there yesterday and bought two guns. Darrick is top notch.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have to get one of the 1in8 22-250’s

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They have my biz, very easy to deal with

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Far TOO easy to deal with.
Great folks. 👍

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They keep taking my money! Click click click click dohhhhhh!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My FFL dealer just ordered a gun from them for me. He never has ordered from them before. The first thing he said was how good they were to work with,.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One day I am going to make it up there to see those folks in person. They have sold me a half a half dozen guns and as many scopes in the past three years. Nothing but good experiences so far.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You should live 45 minutes from them. Dangerous

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
One day I am going to make it up there to see those folks in person. They have sold me a half a half dozen guns and as many scopes in the past three years. Nothing but good experiences so far.

Three guns in three years Paul? Heck, I've bought two since Thanksgiving from them. wink

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RMerta
You should live 45 minutes from them. Dangerous
It's about two hours for me to get there. You called it, dangerous to a feller's wallet. It's about two hours the other direction to Bud's in Lexington, too. It's no wonder I haven't got any cash money any more.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It's worth the drive, truly it is. I highly advise taking your appetite with you, also, you can stop by Moonlite BBQ over in Owensboro.

Whittaker's has gotten a lot of my money since I discovered them several years ago. Mostly my CZ rifles and some other neat stuff. Moonlite gets a lot of it, too. For me, it makes a nice day trip.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Whittaker's Guns has earned their reputation for excellent customer service, honesty and and fair pricing starting back years ago when Darryl Whittaker and his wife first opened the store in a two car frame garage beside his house. Good to hear Derrick is intent on maintaining Whittaker's stellar reputation while continuing to grow the business.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ordered 4 rifles last year from them all transactions went perfectly. If they ordered any of the Bergara HMR 22-250's there will be another 👍

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My buddy & I made an 8 hour round trip to go there 2 weeks ago. He had it in his mind that he had to have a Nosler 48, so I convinced him that he might want to at least hold one before he shelled out that kinda $. After shouldering everything in Darrick's candy store for 2+ hours, my buddy decided he liked something else. It was even cheaper! In our area, the only rifles he could have shouldered at a gun store would have been < $400 plastic wonders.

Our LGS's may have guns for sale, but they're not in the business of selling guns. Poor selection, poorer sales associates, take a number, trigger locks - are you kiddin' me? Whittaker's is definitely in the business of selling guns.

Of course, we had to hit Old Hickory BBQ while we were there. The meat was amazing, but time friggin' stood still when I put their banana pudding in my mouth. I much preferred Old Hickory to Moonlite, but you really need to make 2 trips to Whittaker's, just so you can try both BBQ joints.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i have purchased a LOT of guns over the years from them. unfortunately i am not local so they must be shipped. i had one issue many years ago, but it was a BIG one. i purchased 2 or 3 guns at once and when they arrived, they were beat to $hit without one piece of packing in the box woth them! someone just threw them in a box amd shipped them. like i said, this was over 10 years ago and im sure whomever was dumb enough to do that has long since been culled......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
My one experience with them (so far) was excellent! They're definitely on the top of my list for any future purchases.

Same here. I just received my first rifle purchased from them. Everything went perfect. I will continue to purchase from them with no hesitation.

GK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Willicd76
i have purchased a LOT of guns over the years from them. unfortunately i am not local so they must be shipped. i had one issue many years ago, but it was a BIG one. i purchased 2 or 3 guns at once and when they arrived, they were beat to $hit without one piece of packing in the box woth them! someone just threw them in a box amd shipped them. like i said, this was over 10 years ago and im sure whomever was dumb enough to do that has long since been culled......

Did they make it right, many years ago?

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.