Home
Looking,for a direction to head,regarding Prairie Dogs in Montana. Might someone here,have some firsthand knowledge,or know of a source? ALL help,muchly appreciated. Thanks..........
Big Stick,<BR>Can't help you much in Montana, but if you decide to reroute to Wyoming,let me know.
Stick,<BR>I have a bud in NW Montana.Names Wayne Hibbs.<BR>Runs a cattle operation.He's been at war with the ground squirrels and sage rats for the last 2 years.He even dozed 'em under a time or two,and they came back.<BR>What part of the state are ya looking at?<BR>E4E
E4e,the part,with the two most important ingredients. That part of the state,that has permission and shooting! ALL help,much obliged........
I have heard that the area near townsend has some prarie dogs. Also the blackfoot reservation is supposed to be good, but you pay. <P> I have been going up that way for over 10 years, usually in July. There sure are plenty of ground squirrels. We hang out near west yellowstone. <P> You can find those little guys on many pieces of public land. You can go after them with centerfires or as we have done the last few years tricked out Rugers 10-22s. <P> I was talking with one rancher at the Bozeman gun show a few Julys ago. He said he and a friend killed 10,000 of them on his land one spring.<P><BR>--Ross
My advice would be to fly into Salt Lake, rent a car and drive 3 hours East to Green River/Rock Springs then just go off the beaten path until you find a two track off the paved road and then go down it until you see a few towns and set up and blast them. It's almost all BLM land that is open to all. If this is a serious option for you, let me know and I can get specific directions to towns for you. My best friend just moved back this month from Rock Springs and he has taken me two or three times while I was out there visiting him. <P>P.S. this is high Mtn desert country, not pretty green fields!<P>Mike
© 24hourcampfire