-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Looking,for a direction to head,regarding Prairie Dogs in Montana. Might someone here,have some firsthand knowledge,or know of a source? ALL help,muchly appreciated. Thanks..........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

C
CCW Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Big Stick,<BR>Can't help you much in Montana, but if you decide to reroute to Wyoming,let me know.

Center of the Nation Outfitters<BR>Wyoming Deer and Antelope hunts
E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick,<BR>I have a bud in NW Montana.Names Wayne Hibbs.<BR>Runs a cattle operation.He's been at war with the ground squirrels and sage rats for the last 2 years.He even dozed 'em under a time or two,and they came back.<BR>What part of the state are ya looking at?<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
E4e,the part,with the two most important ingredients. That part of the state,that has permission and shooting! ALL help,much obliged........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I have heard that the area near townsend has some prarie dogs. Also the blackfoot reservation is supposed to be good, but you pay. <P> I have been going up that way for over 10 years, usually in July. There sure are plenty of ground squirrels. We hang out near west yellowstone. <P> You can find those little guys on many pieces of public land. You can go after them with centerfires or as we have done the last few years tricked out Rugers 10-22s. <P> I was talking with one rancher at the Bozeman gun show a few Julys ago. He said he and a friend killed 10,000 of them on his land one spring.<P><BR>--Ross

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My advice would be to fly into Salt Lake, rent a car and drive 3 hours East to Green River/Rock Springs then just go off the beaten path until you find a two track off the paved road and then go down it until you see a few towns and set up and blast them. It's almost all BLM land that is open to all. If this is a serious option for you, let me know and I can get specific directions to towns for you. My best friend just moved back this month from Rock Springs and he has taken me two or three times while I was out there visiting him. <P>P.S. this is high Mtn desert country, not pretty green fields!<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (Akhutr, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.