Home
Posted By: laker Got my cat back today - 10/07/16
Got my cat back from Rimrock Taxidermy out of Park City,MT today

[Linked Image]
Very nice.. Have that Mashburn tuned in for hunting?? Best of luck..
Posted By: laker Re: Got my cat back today - 10/07/16
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Very nice.. Have that Mashburn tuned in for hunting?? Best of luck..

I actually sold the mashburn earlier this year. I'll be Rollin with a Montana 7mm-08 for this year
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Got my cat back today - 10/07/16
looks great, Laker
A 7mm 08?? I have one I am going to give to some of my namesakes.. Glad to have it out of the safe!!
Posted By: laker Re: Got my cat back today - 10/07/16
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
A 7mm 08?? I have one I am going to give to some of my namesakes.. Glad to have it out of the safe!!

I actually love the 7mm-08. Always had been one of my favorites. I'll be running my kimber and the wife will be runnin her tikka 7mm-08. Hopefully she will get her antelope with it tomorrow
Best of luck.. Look forward to The pictures!!
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Got my cat back today - 10/08/16
Cat looks great.....why that little deer though?.?....lol.....man he's nice too.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Got my cat back today - 10/08/16
Great cat.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Got my cat back today - 10/09/16
I always cringe when I see a post titled "Got my cat back from the Taxi..." because about 7 times out of 10 it looks like crap. For some reason cats are really hard to get done up properly. The usual deer and fish taxidermist butchers them up and inexperienced guys that have never seen but the one cat they killed just don't know any better.

YOUR cat looks great! That's a very well composed mount and the work on the cat is first rate. Congrats!
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Got my cat back today - 10/11/16
Originally Posted by MOGC
I always cringe when I see a post titled "Got my cat back from the Taxi..." because about 7 times out of 10 it looks like crap. For some reason cats are really hard to get done up properly. The usual deer and fish taxidermist butchers them up and inexperienced guys that have never seen but the one cat they killed just don't know any better.

YOUR cat looks great! That's a very well composed mount and the work on the cat is first rate. Congrats!

Big +1. Your "cringe" comment reminded me of a former member that had his cat full-body mounted.

Wild Cat Taken with my S&W Hamilton Bowen Modified .327 Magnum Revolver

Originally Posted by generalstuart
Hello
I finally got my Wild Cat Mount back yesterday after a 10 Month wait. I had asked the Taxidermist to mount him in a Full action Pose of attack mode. I will eventually add a large Fox squirrel or Rabbit between his paws when I find the right donor. The Taxidermist shared with me that this was the largest Wild Cat he had ever seen or mounted being 41-1/2" in length, and feels it may very well be a Tennessee State record due to it's size Proportion. He said that he had in the past mounted well over 200 cats from all over the United states, but this one was the biggest that he had ever seen or mounted. He had to order Two-forms to mount him on due to his size. He also commented on his eye color as he said most that he had mounted in the past were more brown in color and these eyes were custom ordered from England as they are of much higher quality than those offered in the United states and they seem to follow you across the room. The Mount adjusts up or down by taking down Two 1/2" Nuts located under the base, and there is Two 3/8" steel rods inside the Mold to stiffen the Pose. He will reside in our living room on a custom built corner shelf

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Got my cat back today - 10/11/16
Beautiful cat by the way Laker.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Got my cat back today - 10/11/16
LOL... maybe that's why he stole the ambulance, there was a "wild cat" about to rip him to shreds. That would explain everything! smile
Posted By: Robster Re: Got my cat back today - 10/11/16
looks awesome Laker, my cat has the same style rock and pose!!
© 24hourcampfire