Home
Not sure if it is classified as exhilarating, or flat-ass stupid fricking cold.
Swam in PWS a time or two. I'm nearly over that.
I have seen them surfing the tidal bore in Cook. That's pretty cool, but not for me.
Not telling...
Wahoo agl4now you made it another day!!!

What thread you going to start tomorrow? Ever cut a tree down with a drywall saw?

Drink 3 drinks at the circle bar and tell the guy in the corner you’re a fed?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have seen them surfing the tidal bore in Cook. That's pretty cool, but not for me.

Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet does have an amazing bore tide.
I have seen those nuts surfing there too, in dry suits or wet suits or whatnot.
I would be wearing a full-blown survival suit and body surfing if I tried it, unlikely, heh-heh-heh.
Knik Arm is Knot surfable.
I jumped into PWS for a quick bath, off the side of a 40-foot boat while black bear hunting.
Body odor abatement. No suit.
I hope to go kayaking in Cook Inlet someday. My Sister, Nephew and Niece all live near Soldotna and it would be a good vacation to go up there for some kayaking and visiting. If I end up getting dumped I may find I have to swim some, but I'll do my best to avoid that part.
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
......Ever cut a tree down with a drywall saw?........

No, but I did field dress a dead dog with one once. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before, too.
Yep, lots of hot summers in the last ten years. Jumping in has felt quite nice on a few days. smile
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Wahoo agl4now you made it another day!!!

What thread you going to start tomorrow? Ever cut a tree down with a drywall saw?

Drink 3 drinks at the circle bar and tell the guy in the corner you’re a fed?

and how many of your wet ass frijole cousins are you sponsoring to infest Alaska with, pendejo ?
Worked contracting for Corps of Engineers in mid 70's doing demolition. In a wet suit. Feb to Apr. then Oct and Nov for two years. It was a "boom" kind of a job. Navigatiional channel clearing. Does this count?
My most memorable experience was as a "new-clueless" (first-set) Commercial Fisherman, hired on at a set-net site on the Theadore River.
While deploying one of the nets and trying to pay serious attention to "orders" barked-out by the dory operator. I in my ignorance tossed the net anchor over the side, as the net was fully deployed. Sadly, the anchor was not attached to the net. I endured about 30 seconds of ass chewing, about how f***ing stupid could I be. I took a deep breath and dove down to find the anchor. I found it, climbed back in the dory. And was informed instantly how incredibly stupid that was, but I noticed that as he was raving at me, he was giggling his ass off and smiling ear to ear.

Note: The dory operator at the set-net site, was the same person that flew me and two Mt. Goats back to Birchwood Airport from Lake George.
Nope. Froze my ass off a couple times swimming in resurrection bay in the winter time during military training. That was enough
Sort of off the subject but I often wonder why some enterprising soul doesn't take a boat and a dredge into the inlet for gold.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Sort of off the subject but I often wonder why some enterprising soul doesn't take a boat and a dredge into the inlet for gold.

The inlet is "FULL" of things best not to be dredge. I worked on dive barges, as we buried cable across Cook Inlet. Also a fair amount of Natural Gas and oil lines in the inlet.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Pinnell and Tallifson dredged the beaches on the extreme SW corner of Kodiak Island for quite a few years.
$2200 an ounce will draw out some strange methods and people:)
OK- once, but it wasn't on porpoise.
© 24hourcampfire