Print Thread
Hop To
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Not sure if it is classified as exhilarating, or flat-ass stupid fricking cold.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Swam in PWS a time or two. I'm nearly over that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have seen them surfing the tidal bore in Cook. That's pretty cool, but not for me.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Not telling...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wahoo agl4now you made it another day!!!

What thread you going to start tomorrow? Ever cut a tree down with a drywall saw?

Drink 3 drinks at the circle bar and tell the guy in the corner you’re a fed?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have seen them surfing the tidal bore in Cook. That's pretty cool, but not for me.

Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet does have an amazing bore tide.
I have seen those nuts surfing there too, in dry suits or wet suits or whatnot.
I would be wearing a full-blown survival suit and body surfing if I tried it, unlikely, heh-heh-heh.
Knik Arm is Knot surfable.
I jumped into PWS for a quick bath, off the side of a 40-foot boat while black bear hunting.
Body odor abatement. No suit.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I hope to go kayaking in Cook Inlet someday. My Sister, Nephew and Niece all live near Soldotna and it would be a good vacation to go up there for some kayaking and visiting. If I end up getting dumped I may find I have to swim some, but I'll do my best to avoid that part.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
......Ever cut a tree down with a drywall saw?........

No, but I did field dress a dead dog with one once. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before, too.

NRA Life Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, lots of hot summers in the last ten years. Jumping in has felt quite nice on a few days. smile

If you are going to be dumb - you've got to be tuff.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Wahoo agl4now you made it another day!!!

What thread you going to start tomorrow? Ever cut a tree down with a drywall saw?

Drink 3 drinks at the circle bar and tell the guy in the corner you’re a fed?

and how many of your wet ass frijole cousins are you sponsoring to infest Alaska with, pendejo ?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Worked contracting for Corps of Engineers in mid 70's doing demolition. In a wet suit. Feb to Apr. then Oct and Nov for two years. It was a "boom" kind of a job. Navigatiional channel clearing. Does this count?

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
My most memorable experience was as a "new-clueless" (first-set) Commercial Fisherman, hired on at a set-net site on the Theadore River.
While deploying one of the nets and trying to pay serious attention to "orders" barked-out by the dory operator. I in my ignorance tossed the net anchor over the side, as the net was fully deployed. Sadly, the anchor was not attached to the net. I endured about 30 seconds of ass chewing, about how f***ing stupid could I be. I took a deep breath and dove down to find the anchor. I found it, climbed back in the dory. And was informed instantly how incredibly stupid that was, but I noticed that as he was raving at me, he was giggling his ass off and smiling ear to ear.

Note: The dory operator at the set-net site, was the same person that flew me and two Mt. Goats back to Birchwood Airport from Lake George.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope. Froze my ass off a couple times swimming in resurrection bay in the winter time during military training. That was enough

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sort of off the subject but I often wonder why some enterprising soul doesn't take a boat and a dredge into the inlet for gold.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Sort of off the subject but I often wonder why some enterprising soul doesn't take a boat and a dredge into the inlet for gold.

The inlet is "FULL" of things best not to be dredge. I worked on dive barges, as we buried cable across Cook Inlet. Also a fair amount of Natural Gas and oil lines in the inlet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Pinnell and Tallifson dredged the beaches on the extreme SW corner of Kodiak Island for quite a few years.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
$2200 an ounce will draw out some strange methods and people:)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
OK- once, but it wasn't on porpoise.

Last edited by las; 03/20/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 67 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,771
Posts18,476,868
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.