Home
Posted By: HeavyLoad Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
Do you recommend the flexible probe or the ridged probe? All so which model would you recommend? I’m not wanting a Wi-Fi unit.
I’m thinking the NTG500 45-Inch Flexible Rifle Borescope with 5-inch IPS Screen looks like the full package.
It comes with all the different size mirrors. And do they sell just the different probes separately? Because I can’t find them on they’re web page.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
This is te teslong I use: https://teslong.com/collections/rifle-borescopes/products/26inch-rigid-borescope

I see they raised the price about $20. Inflation sucks.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
I looked at that one, it’s the cheapest. But after you add the extra different size mirrors and a screen it cost more then the one that comes with all of it. I want one with a designated screen. Do you need the extra mirrors or will the little one work for everything?
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I looked at that one, it’s the cheapest. But after you add the extra different size mirrors and a screen it cost more then the one that comes with all of it. I want one with a designated screen. Do you need the extra mirrors or will the little one work for everything?

I would recommend buying the extra mirrors. They do make a difference for different bore sizes.
I know, I know, it’s always the accessories that get ya….
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
The one I was thinking of getting comes with all the mirrors. What about the flexible or ridged probe?
Or being able to buy a different probe?
Posted By: wink_man Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
The one I was thinking of getting comes with all the mirrors. What about the flexible or ridged probe?
Or being able to buy a different probe?

I prefer the flexible one, much easier to store and/or carry around to a gun shop.

I bought the extra mirror set later on and tried it, but the mirror that comes with it sems to work fine for me.

Be aware that there is a little adjustment ring on the unit, the further you adjust it out from the camera the better picture you get with the bigger bores.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: WoodsyAl Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
Two years ago I bought the simple Teslong. Maybe I don’t know what I’m missing, but this has worked extremely well for me. I hook it to my laptop. You are advised to not bend the flexible cable too much. I’m glad to have the flexible one.

Posted By: centershot Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
I bought the one with the 26" rigid rod and self contained viewer. Great setup. I have no desire for a non rigid model and having the viewer in the box makes it easy to use whenever I get the itch.
Posted By: K22 Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
NTG500 45-Inch Flexible Rifle Borescope with 5-inch IPS Screen. This is the one I have and don't regret it. My question is what does one need to check .172 bores?
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/11/22
45 Inch Flexible here.
Zero complaints.
Great investment.
Even used it on my vehicles.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/12/22
I bought flex one a while back and like it, now I bought the ridgid one for on the laptop
Posted By: immature Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/12/22
I wasn't paying attention and ordered a flexible one by mistake. Now I'm glad I got the flexible. I've gotten so fumble-fingered I probably would have bent a rigid shaft several times by now. It's easy to lay the gun on the desktop in front of the computer and twist the flexible shaft to see all of the bore as it is moved from muzzle to chamber; same routine for rifles and handguns. I ordered one with the small screen but I've only used it when I first got it. The picture on the computer monitor is so much better. I use it with a desktop with windows 10. Plug the USB into the computer, open the camera app and you're ready to go. It will also work with some of the older Windows systems but you have to download an app. The Teslong website has all the info. You may have an older laptop gathering dust that can be your workbench viewer after download the app. Overall, I'm very happy with the Teslong, although I saw some disheartening things in rifle bores, which is one of the things you need to prepare for before you get it.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22
I connect my Teslong to a Chromebook I have. Plug n play.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22

Can the rifle flexible version be utilized for handguns?
Posted By: StGeorger Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22
Flexible, can use for home colonoscopies! Seriously, what a great tool.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22

Excellent...saves me a doctor's appointment!
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22
You never know, some might prefer the ridged one with a custom 30mm canon mirror on the end,
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22
TAG
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22
I own multiple models of Teslong, and for home/shop use I prefer the rigid model. The flexible model has its advantages, though, like being more portable and difficult to damage. But I find the rigid model to be more easily manipulated in the bore.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Flexible, can use for home colonoscopies! Seriously, what a great tool.

Even my "antique" Gradient Lens Hawkeye scope has a warning on the case that it's not to be used on humans! (Actually it's not an antique, since I upgraded to the newer high-resolution version 3-4 years ago.)
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/13/22
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I own multiple models of Teslong, and for home/shop use I prefer the rigid model. The flexible model has its advantages, though, like being more portable and difficult to damage. But I find the rigid model to be more easily manipulated in the bore.

That’s the one thing I like about my rigid Teslong compared to my buddy’s flexible one.
Posted By: mart Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/14/22
I got the Teslong shortly after getting the Lyman bore scope. I was greatly underwhelmed with the Lyman. Mine is the flexible with the viewer. I like it a lot. And as was noted, prepare to have your heart broken. Bores don’t look near as good with a bore scope as they do with the naked eye.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/16/22
This damn forum is getting expensive. My bore scope is on the way.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/16/22
You'll have fun, they are real eye openers, pun intended.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/18/22
Just note.....Don't have a heart attack the first time you look down the bore of your favorite rifle. All the bumps and scratches look huge on those things!
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/25/22
Well I got my Teslong 3 days ago and let’s just say my barrels weren’t as clean as I thought they were.
reivertom you were correct, looking at some of the rifling was a little scary.
In 3 days I managed to get 4 rifle bores down to bare metal. And a Ruger short barreled 44mag that I hadn’t cleaned in awhile that had some lead in it.
Three of the rifles were pretty easy but the Win pre64 70 308 was a mfer. I think there was [bleep] in there from 1952 still.
All of the rifles I used Wipeout accelerator and cleaner with jag and bronze brush. Plus Kroil and JB paste. Then used 100% acetone. Now I’m waiting on my Bore coat to arrive.
I will say that without out some kind of a bore scope there is no way you can get your barrel down to bare metal. Definitely an eye opener for me.
Posted By: nick Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/25/22
You got me thinking I need one of those.
Always wanted a bore-scope. The price of these seems very reasonable.
How is the rigid for handguns? Maybe rotate gun rather than scope?
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Teslong Borescope - 02/26/22
Well I got my Teslong 3 days ago and let’s just say my barrels weren’t as clean as I thought they were.
reivertom you were correct, looking at some of the rifling was a little scary.
In 3 days I managed to get 4 rifle bores down to bare metal. And a Ruger short barreled 44mag that I hadn’t cleaned in awhile that had some lead in it.
Three of the rifles were pretty easy but the Win pre64 70 308 was a mfer. I think there was [bleep] in there from 1952 still.
All of the rifles I used Wipeout accelerator and cleaner with jag and bronze brush. Plus Kroil and JB paste. Then used 100% acetone. Now I’m waiting on my Bore coat to arrive.
I will say that without out some kind of a bore scope there is no way you can get your barrel down to bare metal. Definitely an eye opener for me.

Hey JaJa, bare metal is for noobs.
© 24hourcampfire