Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Do you recommend the flexible probe or the ridged probe? All so which model would you recommend? I’m not wanting a Wi-Fi unit.
I’m thinking the NTG500 45-Inch Flexible Rifle Borescope with 5-inch IPS Screen looks like the full package.
It comes with all the different size mirrors. And do they sell just the different probes separately? Because I can’t find them on they’re web page.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
This is te teslong I use: https://teslong.com/collections/rifle-borescopes/products/26inch-rigid-borescope

I see they raised the price about $20. Inflation sucks.

GOA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I looked at that one, it’s the cheapest. But after you add the extra different size mirrors and a screen it cost more then the one that comes with all of it. I want one with a designated screen. Do you need the extra mirrors or will the little one work for everything?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I looked at that one, it’s the cheapest. But after you add the extra different size mirrors and a screen it cost more then the one that comes with all of it. I want one with a designated screen. Do you need the extra mirrors or will the little one work for everything?

I would recommend buying the extra mirrors. They do make a difference for different bore sizes.
I know, I know, it’s always the accessories that get ya….

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The one I was thinking of getting comes with all the mirrors. What about the flexible or ridged probe?
Or being able to buy a different probe?

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
The one I was thinking of getting comes with all the mirrors. What about the flexible or ridged probe?
Or being able to buy a different probe?

I prefer the flexible one, much easier to store and/or carry around to a gun shop.

I bought the extra mirror set later on and tried it, but the mirror that comes with it sems to work fine for me.

Be aware that there is a little adjustment ring on the unit, the further you adjust it out from the camera the better picture you get with the bigger bores.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Two years ago I bought the simple Teslong. Maybe I don’t know what I’m missing, but this has worked extremely well for me. I hook it to my laptop. You are advised to not bend the flexible cable too much. I’m glad to have the flexible one.

Last edited by WoodsyAl; 02/11/22.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bought the one with the 26" rigid rod and self contained viewer. Great setup. I have no desire for a non rigid model and having the viewer in the box makes it easy to use whenever I get the itch.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
NTG500 45-Inch Flexible Rifle Borescope with 5-inch IPS Screen. This is the one I have and don't regret it. My question is what does one need to check .172 bores?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
45 Inch Flexible here.
Zero complaints.
Great investment.
Even used it on my vehicles.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought flex one a while back and like it, now I bought the ridgid one for on the laptop

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
I wasn't paying attention and ordered a flexible one by mistake. Now I'm glad I got the flexible. I've gotten so fumble-fingered I probably would have bent a rigid shaft several times by now. It's easy to lay the gun on the desktop in front of the computer and twist the flexible shaft to see all of the bore as it is moved from muzzle to chamber; same routine for rifles and handguns. I ordered one with the small screen but I've only used it when I first got it. The picture on the computer monitor is so much better. I use it with a desktop with windows 10. Plug the USB into the computer, open the camera app and you're ready to go. It will also work with some of the older Windows systems but you have to download an app. The Teslong website has all the info. You may have an older laptop gathering dust that can be your workbench viewer after download the app. Overall, I'm very happy with the Teslong, although I saw some disheartening things in rifle bores, which is one of the things you need to prepare for before you get it.

Last edited by immature; 02/12/22.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
I connect my Teslong to a Chromebook I have. Plug n play.

GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Can the rifle flexible version be utilized for handguns?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Flexible, can use for home colonoscopies! Seriously, what a great tool.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Excellent...saves me a doctor's appointment!

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You never know, some might prefer the ridged one with a custom 30mm canon mirror on the end,

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
TAG

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I own multiple models of Teslong, and for home/shop use I prefer the rigid model. The flexible model has its advantages, though, like being more portable and difficult to damage. But I find the rigid model to be more easily manipulated in the bore.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Flexible, can use for home colonoscopies! Seriously, what a great tool.

Even my "antique" Gradient Lens Hawkeye scope has a warning on the case that it's not to be used on humans! (Actually it's not an antique, since I upgraded to the newer high-resolution version 3-4 years ago.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,914
Posts18,479,587
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.