Home
Posted By: Bugger Teslong - 04/04/23
I just got a E-mail from Teslong proudly stating they make their bore scopes in communist China. All you that support the communist organization such as Teslong can go to hell.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Teslong - 04/04/23
If everyone who bought shidt made in Chiner went to hell, it's going to be a crowded place.

Not that I condone it, however.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
The guy told me to go to hell. He was proud that we bought Chinese.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by Bugger
I just got a E-mail from Teslong proudly stating they make their bore scopes in communist China. All you that support the communist organization such as Teslong can go to hell.
name a comparable product had a remotely close price point made elsewhere.....

it also be interesting to know say $100 spent on a teslong item how much of that money actually made it back to China. willing to bet the device the original post was made on netted China more money than that teslong product..

don't get me wrong I'm no fan of China avoid it when possible but sometimes you just got to swallow it and do what you need to do..
Posted By: BCSteve Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Where did you think it was made?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
I regularly purchase goods from Chinese vendors, I also purchase from other nationalities, including Americans.

But then, I am an adult and do not feel the need to be encumbered by some half-arsed juvenile agender.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I regularly purchase goods from Chinese vendors, I also purchase from other nationalities, including Americans.

But then, I am an adult and do not feel the need to be encumbered by some half-arsed juvenile agender.
pretty sure it's the same as the OP would go on tyrant rates in the optics form if somebody mentioned a China maids go..,

so many people are their own worst enemy
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Or what did you use to type and send this thread on? Just about everything is made in a foreign country.
Posted By: Wp75169 Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Angry much? I do my best to buy American but when I bought my Teslong I wasn’t thinking about it at all. Is there an American made borescope or are you just being a little bitch.
Posted By: pullit Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Look at much of the frozen food at the store, flip the bag or box over and see where it is made. Be sure to have some take a picture of your face because you are going to be surprised.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Mr Bugger:

I you have managed to live your life buying nothing whatsoever that was made in China, well, I am amazed at either your discrimination or by the fact that you make everything you ever need all by yourself.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by Wp75169
Angry much? I do my best to buy American but when I bought my Teslong I wasn’t thinking about it at all. Is there an American made borescope or are you just being a little bitch.

Yes, there are American-made borescopes--but the only ones I'm familiar with are from Gradient Lens, which manufactures them both in New York and California.

The model I have is their rigid-tube Hawkeye model, which I purchased from Brownells around 20 years ago for $800. The same basic model (though improved somewhat since then) is now $2300 directly from Gradient Lens, and their flexible-tube models start at around $4000.
Posted By: JayJunem Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Alright, I'll do it. But I'm surprised nobody's beat me to it. You guys are slippin'.

"Get off my lawn!"
Posted By: Wp75169 Re: Teslong - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Wp75169

Yes, there are American-made borescopes--but the only ones I'm familiar with are from Gradient Lens, which manufactures them both in New York and California.

The model I have is their rigid-tube Hawkeye model, which I purchased from Brownells around 20 years ago for $800. The same basic model (though improved somewhat since then) is now $2300 directly from Gradient Lens, and their flexible-tube models start at around $4000.

Thank you for the reply. I had no idea about gradient lens. I also will not be replacing my teslong with one at that price. It’s just not practical for me since I only use it if I have an issue.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Teslong - 04/05/23

You can purchase one of these so you will not have to go to hell

Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Teslong - 04/06/23
Wp75169,

I didn't expect you'd buy one!

But I'm glad I did, way back when they were $800. Of course, for me it was a tax-deductible business expense--and Gradient offered to trade me an upgraded version for a minimal fee several years ago.

But the view even with the older version was FAR brighter and sharper than the mid-grade Teslong I purchased a couple years ago for around $160. However, the Teslong did well enough for the average rifle loony to see what's going on, as I reported in an article for Rifle magazine.

But after using the Teslong enough to test it thoroughly, sold it to a local friend who was always asking if he could come over and look through his barrels with the Hawkeye. And he's very happy, despite not being crazy about Chinese products, partly because he makes his living as a repairman for lawn mowers, garden tillers, chainsaw, etc. And an awful lot of those come from guess where?
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Teslong - 04/06/23
John, my Gradient Hawkeye and Teslong both serve the needs well. I like the convenience of the Hawkeye with the 90 degree eye piece. Literally, in 30 seconds I can be looking into a barrel, chamber, die...you name it. The Teslong runs off my PC or Android and it's nice to quickly grab and save an image for comparisons.

Lately, there have been quite a few solid deals on gently used Gradient Lens Hawkeyes. I suspect Teslong does what shooters need and the Hawkeyes they bought in the past are a bit over kill for them now.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Teslong - 04/06/23
Al,

Pretty much exactly what I think--except don't know anybody else who's purchased a Hawkeye who isn't a professional in the gun business, whether gunsmiths or barrel makers.
Posted By: AU338MAG Re: Teslong - 04/06/23
Wp75169,

I didn't expect you'd buy one!

But I'm glad I did, way back when they were $800. Of course, for me it was a tax-deductible business expense--and Gradient offered to trade me an upgraded version for a minimal fee several years ago.

But the view even with the older version was FAR brighter and sharper than the mid-grade Teslong I purchased a couple years ago for around $160. However, the Teslong did well enough for the average rifle loony to see what's going on, as I reported in an article for Rifle magazine.

But after using the Teslong enough to test it thoroughly, sold it to a local friend who was always asking if he could come over and look through his barrels with the Hawkeye. And he's very happy, despite not being crazy about Chinese products, partly because he makes his living as a repairman for lawn mowers, garden tillers, chainsaw, etc. And an awful lot of those come from guess where?
Your friend should love Chinese products. They help him maintain a steady income.

A mechanic once told me he loves Jeeps. They paid for his new swimming pool.
Posted By: LeeC Re: Teslong - 04/06/23
Not a Pro..Have a Hawkeye.
Bought it when they first came out..Guessing 30yrs ago
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
Is there anything of import that a Hawkeye will show you that a Teslong won't?
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
If you've got a big. bad, nasty problem....nope. If you're looking for subtle things, resolution is everything. There's where the money goes.

For evaluating cleaning, looking for carbon rings, checking the throat on a new chamber to make sure it's in there straight, etc...the Teslong does a fine job. I might get one of their folding models with the adjustable focus tube when they're available. I'll gift my rigid model to a young guy just getting started who'll make good use if it.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ridgid model works right off my cell phone.
A very useful tool.

dave
Posted By: Bugger Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
Might as well send $’s to Russia to defeat Ukraine. Hope your kids, your friends’ kids and your grandchildren are drafted when we get in a war with China.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
So, let me get this straight...buying a Teslong borescope = supporting the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
And you would hope my kids and grandkids die in a war with China?
Did you take your meds today?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
If you've got a big. bad, nasty problem....nope. If you're looking for subtle things, resolution is everything. There's where the money goes.

For evaluating cleaning, looking for carbon rings, checking the throat on a new chamber to make sure it's in there straight, etc...the Teslong does a fine job. I might get one of their folding models with the adjustable focus tube when they're available. I'll gift my rigid model to a young guy just getting started who'll make good use if it.

This....
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Teslong - 04/08/23
Might as well send $’s to Russia to defeat Ukraine. Hope your kids, your friends’ kids and your grandchildren are drafted when we get in a war with China.

What are you using to send these posts? An old telegraph wire?
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Teslong - 04/09/23

Two of my grandsons serve in the United States Navy. One on the submarine USS Ashville (SSN 758). Another on the carrier USS Enterprise (CVN-65).

Your comments are noted. Stuff like this makes ceasing to contribute like hitting the Easy Button.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Teslong - 04/09/23
I’ve got some traps on the “E”. Many years ago.😊
You couldn’t pay me enough to cruise on a sub though. 🫡
Posted By: WAM Re: Teslong - 04/10/23
I did a cross-training cruise on USS Queenfish SSN-651 out of Pearl Harbor in the early ‘80s. That was the longest 3 days of my life… never again!
Posted By: Dinny Re: Teslong - 04/10/23
Bugger was a submariner way back in the day. I think his O2 generator was broke and he had to ration oxygen for too long. 🤪
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: Teslong - 04/10/23
I guess because I served in the Air Force, I'm fascinated by SUBS. I've toured several old Subs & always have a ball. Now 'HOT BUNKING" does not appeal to me at all !!!!!! I'd love to tour a modern Sub, but my security clearance has long expired. I worked for awhile with a retired SUBMARINER & he was the most regimented person I've ever met. He went to bed at 10 pm even if he had company at his & wife's home !!!!
Posted By: Sniggly Re: Teslong - 04/10/23

Two of my grandsons serve in the United States Navy. One on the submarine USS Ashville (SSN 758). Another on the carrier USS Enterprise (CVN-65).

Your comments are noted. Stuff like this makes ceasing to contribute like hitting the Easy Button.

I'll speak for myself, and I'm sure there is a near silent majority on this forum; I hope you do not cease to contribute.

The contradiction laden, non-intellectual, return of the primitive, quantum leaping non-logician is here to stay, unfortunately. They are an Anti-Atlas that willfully shoulders all things idiotic, contradictory, and self-defeating, rather than the burden of a properly functioning world, or the burden of using a human mind to positive affect. They are not worth an ounce of your consideration. Not one. Single. Ounce.

Given these points, I hope you can toss them in the trash like a used napkin, held away from the body in disgust, by a protesting index finger and thumb.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Teslong - 04/10/23
Prices sure have come down, spent nearly 2k for my Hawkeye some 20 years ago.

Phil
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Teslong - 04/10/23
What Al said -

And looking at how the rifling ends at the crown ….

I updated my Hawkeye by putting an LED flashlight bulb in it with whiter light… so you can even improve the Hawkeye.

© 24hourcampfire