Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18310880 04/04/23
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just got a E-mail from Teslong proudly stating they make their bore scopes in communist China. All you that support the communist organization such as Teslong can go to hell.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If everyone who bought shidt made in Chiner went to hell, it's going to be a crowded place.

Not that I condone it, however.

Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The guy told me to go to hell. He was proud that we bought Chinese.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bugger
I just got a E-mail from Teslong proudly stating they make their bore scopes in communist China. All you that support the communist organization such as Teslong can go to hell.
name a comparable product had a remotely close price point made elsewhere.....

it also be interesting to know say $100 spent on a teslong item how much of that money actually made it back to China. willing to bet the device the original post was made on netted China more money than that teslong product..

don't get me wrong I'm no fan of China avoid it when possible but sometimes you just got to swallow it and do what you need to do..

Last edited by ldholton; 04/04/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Where did you think it was made?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I regularly purchase goods from Chinese vendors, I also purchase from other nationalities, including Americans.

But then, I am an adult and do not feel the need to be encumbered by some half-arsed juvenile agender.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I regularly purchase goods from Chinese vendors, I also purchase from other nationalities, including Americans.

But then, I am an adult and do not feel the need to be encumbered by some half-arsed juvenile agender.
pretty sure it's the same as the OP would go on tyrant rates in the optics form if somebody mentioned a China maids go..,

so many people are their own worst enemy

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Or what did you use to type and send this thread on? Just about everything is made in a foreign country.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Angry much? I do my best to buy American but when I bought my Teslong I wasn’t thinking about it at all. Is there an American made borescope or are you just being a little bitch.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Look at much of the frozen food at the store, flip the bag or box over and see where it is made. Be sure to have some take a picture of your face because you are going to be surprised.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr Bugger:

I you have managed to live your life buying nothing whatsoever that was made in China, well, I am amazed at either your discrimination or by the fact that you make everything you ever need all by yourself.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Wp75169
Angry much? I do my best to buy American but when I bought my Teslong I wasn’t thinking about it at all. Is there an American made borescope or are you just being a little bitch.

Yes, there are American-made borescopes--but the only ones I'm familiar with are from Gradient Lens, which manufactures them both in New York and California.

The model I have is their rigid-tube Hawkeye model, which I purchased from Brownells around 20 years ago for $800. The same basic model (though improved somewhat since then) is now $2300 directly from Gradient Lens, and their flexible-tube models start at around $4000.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Alright, I'll do it. But I'm surprised nobody's beat me to it. You guys are slippin'.

"Get off my lawn!"

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Wp75169

Yes, there are American-made borescopes--but the only ones I'm familiar with are from Gradient Lens, which manufactures them both in New York and California.

The model I have is their rigid-tube Hawkeye model, which I purchased from Brownells around 20 years ago for $800. The same basic model (though improved somewhat since then) is now $2300 directly from Gradient Lens, and their flexible-tube models start at around $4000.

Thank you for the reply. I had no idea about gradient lens. I also will not be replacing my teslong with one at that price. It’s just not practical for me since I only use it if I have an issue.

Last edited by Wp75169; 04/05/23.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bugger

You can purchase one of these so you will not have to go to hell

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Wp75169,

I didn't expect you'd buy one!

But I'm glad I did, way back when they were $800. Of course, for me it was a tax-deductible business expense--and Gradient offered to trade me an upgraded version for a minimal fee several years ago.

But the view even with the older version was FAR brighter and sharper than the mid-grade Teslong I purchased a couple years ago for around $160. However, the Teslong did well enough for the average rifle loony to see what's going on, as I reported in an article for Rifle magazine.

But after using the Teslong enough to test it thoroughly, sold it to a local friend who was always asking if he could come over and look through his barrels with the Hawkeye. And he's very happy, despite not being crazy about Chinese products, partly because he makes his living as a repairman for lawn mowers, garden tillers, chainsaw, etc. And an awful lot of those come from guess where?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John, my Gradient Hawkeye and Teslong both serve the needs well. I like the convenience of the Hawkeye with the 90 degree eye piece. Literally, in 30 seconds I can be looking into a barrel, chamber, die...you name it. The Teslong runs off my PC or Android and it's nice to quickly grab and save an image for comparisons.

Lately, there have been quite a few solid deals on gently used Gradient Lens Hawkeyes. I suspect Teslong does what shooters need and the Hawkeyes they bought in the past are a bit over kill for them now.

Forbidden Zoner
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Al,

Pretty much exactly what I think--except don't know anybody else who's purchased a Hawkeye who isn't a professional in the gun business, whether gunsmiths or barrel makers.

John Steinbeck
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wp75169,

I didn't expect you'd buy one!

But I'm glad I did, way back when they were $800. Of course, for me it was a tax-deductible business expense--and Gradient offered to trade me an upgraded version for a minimal fee several years ago.

But the view even with the older version was FAR brighter and sharper than the mid-grade Teslong I purchased a couple years ago for around $160. However, the Teslong did well enough for the average rifle loony to see what's going on, as I reported in an article for Rifle magazine.

But after using the Teslong enough to test it thoroughly, sold it to a local friend who was always asking if he could come over and look through his barrels with the Hawkeye. And he's very happy, despite not being crazy about Chinese products, partly because he makes his living as a repairman for lawn mowers, garden tillers, chainsaw, etc. And an awful lot of those come from guess where?
Your friend should love Chinese products. They help him maintain a steady income.

A mechanic once told me he loves Jeeps. They paid for his new swimming pool.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not a Pro..Have a Hawkeye.
Bought it when they first came out..Guessing 30yrs ago

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (16penny, 405winash, 35, Amos63, Akhutr, 12 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,647
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.