Home
What's the best one you got?
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10
Hot cast iron skillet butter salt pepper. Cut tenderloin as thick as you like salt and pepper fry in butter to no more than med rare. Venison tenderloin is too good on it's own, to do anything else to it is a sin.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10
Dittos!
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Hot cast iron skillet butter salt pepper. Cut tenderloin as thick as you like salt and pepper fry in butter to no more than med rare. Venison tenderloin is too good on it's own, to do anything else to it is a sin.

I do the same, but dredge the venison in flour first. Does that make me an unrepentant reprobate?
Posted By: croldfort Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10
My son fixed back strap for us last year. IIRC, he marinated the piece of strap in red wine vinegar and EVOO in a baggie in the fridge, while we did the evening hunt, 3-4hrs. He then sliced into 1" rounds, salt, pepper, Montreal seasoning, and bacon wrapped with toothpicks. Grilled on a hot grill til medium rare. Best that I have ever eaten. Good luck.
Posted By: mathman Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10
Back strap is good all right, but tenderloin is a more tender cut.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

I do the same, but dredge the venison in flour first. Does that make me an unrepentant reprobate?

nope.........
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10

I can let you slide on the flour I guess.
Roll in sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, or a favorite steak rub (montreal steak seasoning, etc) a few hours to a day before cooking and grill like a pork loin in 6-8" long sections. Cook to medium rare. Slice to preferred thickness at the table. Serve with real mash potatoes and asparagus or what ever sides you want. Yum!
Posted By: Jester Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10
Originally Posted by mathman
Back strap is good all right, but tenderloin is a more tender cut.

If you let them age a bit. The last deer I killed, we ate the tenderloins the next day and I was surprised at how chewy they were. The next week we had backstrap, prepared in everybody's favorite way, and it couldn't have been better.
Posted By: fish head Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/05/10

I do the same, but dredge the venison in flour first. Does that make me an

Unrepentant reprobate? Nope. That's one of my favorite ways to cook venison. I add a little bit of oil in the skillet to keep the butter from burning.
Posted By: fish head Re: Deer tenderloin recipe's - 11/06/10
Originally Posted by fish head

I do the same, but dredge the venison in flour first. Does that make me an

Unrepentant reprobate? Nope. That's one of my favorite ways to cook venison. I add a little bit of oil in the skillet to keep the butter from burning.

I cooked venison for dinner tonight in exactly that way.

It was .....................................................................................?

Veddy good. smile

© 24hourcampfire