Home
I have tried my tried and usually true bread and milk for my insomnia, but no luck for the last week. Not too long and it will be morning, at which time I will be able to sleep like a log frown

Anyone have any secrets to share about things they eat or drink that helps the process ? Trying to avoid medication to get the job done.
I find that if you ever over-eat yummy red meat of your choice, late in the day, you will want to go to sleep...
Melatonin...6 mg.
Cheese and crackers for me before I go to bed.
I've had sleep issues recently. Not leaving work at the shop.

I bought some Sleepy Time tea and mixed it with honey. Slept through the night!

Whatever you do, don't take Ambien. That stuff is hard to get off of.
I sleep best after at least three hours of no food and a few glasses of water.
Whiskey, whiskey and more whiskey!
Gin may be substituted. wink
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/09/15/6-foods-that-are-making-tired/
Originally Posted by Raeford
Whiskey, whiskey and more whiskey!
Gin may be substituted. wink

You know me well my dear friend grin
A good "snort" of Fireball helps me sleep good.

Virgil B.
If milk doesn't do it, then I have no other suggestions.
The whiskey idea is a good one. Would work especially well with a long,slow massage�... whistle
Originally Posted by ingwe
The whiskey idea is a good one. Would work especially well with a long,slow massage�... whistle

For sleep, I don't see that happening. wink
A cup of warm milk and a cookie or two usually work for me. Back in the old days, a snort or two of peach schnapps was the "go to" remedy.

Or a long hot steamy bath, given to you by a woman, who gently and lovingly strokes you with her warm soft hands, her smooth and silky strokes, soft and sensuous enough to relax you, yet hard enough to wake senses and thoughts that run deep in your mind and your blood....
Originally Posted by Raeford

For sleep, I don't see that happening. wink

Not right away anyways wink

Is it getting hot in here?.......or just me?

A big glass of cold Gallo Cafe Zinfandel.
Before, during or after the massage?
Or all of the above?

Sorry, it's apparent that I have absolutely O advice to add to this thread.
Earl grey hot, decaf, with a little gin or bourbon. The Sleepy time is good too.
I take over the counter sleep aids every night, but find a glass (or two) of wine before bed knocks me out better than aything else.
I sleep like a baby after a good session in a sauna

[Linked Image]

As far as foods, sleepy time tea helps sometimes.
© 24hourcampfire