Home
Posted By: sse Here's a nice side, fellas... - 07/26/15
String beans, in this case tri-color. Saute onion and garlic in bacon grease for couple minutes. Add string beans, mix around a few minutes until the color brightens, add the red bell, S+P, stock, cover loosely and let it go 20-30 min until the the onion get's a bit caramelized.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Here's a nice side... - 07/26/15
looks good. I have been sauteing green beans with peppers and onions for many years. Always a hit at the table.
Posted By: sse Re: Here's a nice side... - 07/26/15
Yes sir...in this particular dish, you end up with a nice, almost sweet (I think the red bell pepper helps with this) nectar that sops up well with bread or rice.
Very nice. That dish just says Summer when you look at it.

Mike
Originally Posted by sse
String beans, in this case tri-color. Saute onion and garlic in bacon grease for couple minutes. Add string beans, mix around a few minutes until the color brightens, add the red bell, S+P, stock, cover loosely and let it go 20-30 min until the the onion get's a bit caramelized.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You been raiding our garden? grin same color beans the wife put in this year.
Posted By: sse Re: Here's a nice side, fellas... - 07/26/15
Actually, I did put in one plant of string bean, grows close to the ground...should'a got a pole climber. Next year I'll put in two plants. Green beans are a pleasure to grow and enjoy...
Looks good.

I do quite similar pretty often, but use asparagus and add mushrooms. But I like to cover it and add butter, let the veggies sweat out their own juice.

Lots of great variations.
Posted By: sse Re: Here's a nice side, fellas... - 07/26/15
You're a cooking guru, kooki, that's for sure...I generally like to grill asparagus during the Summer...
Love it on the grill too. Italian seasonings and olive oil. Sprinkle with "shaky cheese", aka parmesan in a can, when it comes off.
© 24hourcampfire