Home
Thinking about riding down to the creek and catching a couple eaters for dinner. Anyone have a delicious recipe for whole rainbow trout on the grill?

X-VERMINATOR
If you want them whole on the grill, then wrap them in a foil packet with snp, butter, lemon, garlic, and a splash of white wine.
Fillet them foogers. Just the thought of possibly eating fish skin makes me want to give up my lunch.
Trout is about my least favorite fresh water fish.

That said, H&G, scale, roll in seasoned flour and corn meal, fry hot as fugg in a little bacon grease and or peanut oil.

I go a bit heavy on pepper.
Skin them and roll in seasoned flour or cornmeal, fry and enjoy.
They skin easier if they're fresh!

They're also great grilled when rolled in foil but pull the skin and they'll taste bestest!
A slice of bacon, lemon slices, orange slices...
trout do nothing for me. i'll take catfish fillets anytime. maybe today. i have about 25lbs in the freezer.
I love fried trout.
Originally Posted by colodog

They're also great grilled when rolled in foil but pull the skin and they'll taste bestest!

The million dollar statement right there..

Sean already killed it with his ingredients for inside the foil..
Everyone has their ideas of what makes good fish . While i do like deep fried trout fillets or done in cast iron skillet ( old Wagner, Lodge or Griswold ) none of that new Lodge crap. Some of the best trout i've had were grilled or just wrapped in foil and sat a few inches over coals. As far as seasonings a squeeze of fresh lemon and some pepper is what I like . Maybe Old Bay for variety . Trout like most fish is best the freshest possible .
smoked trout is very good
I like whole rainbows on the grill. Cover them inside and out with lemon pepper and grill em
Posted By: sse Re: Whole grilled rainbow trout.. - 08/24/16
Originally Posted by colodog
Skin them and roll in seasoned flour or cornmeal, fry and enjoy.
They skin easier if they're fresh!

A slice of bacon, lemon slices, orange slices...

Great video...I have use for this.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
If you want them whole on the grill, then wrap them in a foil packet with snp, butter, lemon, garlic, and a splash of white wine.

exactly what we do...serve with a steak, add a beer, and all the major food groups are covered... wink

[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire