Home
Normally just make the ground & formed bacon (venison/pork mix here) in loaves for bacon slices, but decided to stuff some of this batch in casings so we could have round slices for sandwiches. Smoked this batch with a blend of maple, hickory and cherry and when it was done fridged for the night.

[Linked Image]
-----

Next day sliced and vacuum sealed up the bacon...

[Linked Image]
-----

[Linked Image]
-----

Just had to make some bacon, egg and cheese biscuits for breakfast...

[Linked Image]
-----

[Linked Image]

Will definitely be making both loafed and cased ground & formed bacon from now on, the round slices are just too handy!
Thanks for looking!
A local butcher shop makes bacon in chopped form rather than ground and I have been thinking about trying it that way, but that does look good!
whats your ratio of ground bacon to ground venison?
Originally Posted by Mgw619

I don't think he uses bacon, but rather pork/pork fat, and then seasons with a bacon seasoning mix. I'm curious as to the details myself.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Mgw619

I don't think he uses bacon, but rather pork/pork fat, and then seasons with a bacon seasoning mix. I'm curious as to the details myself.

Yes, this is a 50/50 ratio of venison to pork with Ground & Formed Bacon seasoning, cure and water in the mix.

The seasoning and cure are available at www.owensbbq.com/sausage-seasonings-jerky-mixes.html The directions are available to download to view there also.
© 24hourcampfire