Home
I had a fella hunting a few years ago that is a very good gunsmith that builds longer range varmint rifles in Texas.

I talked me into building a longer range rifle for coyotes and such while predator calling. He asked me to provide a couple things and he would do the work for me as a gift for the great hunting he had in Africa with me.

I had a SS Ruger 77 action in the proper length available, and he asked me to provide the stock and the scope. He would build and assemble the rest. He did not work with Ruger actions much, but agreed to use it for this project.

So I have this Beautiful rifle with a Montana 26" SS barrel, Accurate innovations laminated stock, Timney trigger, I added a 4.5-14 Leupold scope with the taperd multiple crosshairs, I forget what they called that scope now as I type this.

He had it for about 5 months to assemble and develop the loads. He sent me targets at 300 yards which all three holes could be covered with a quarter. Impressive to say the least.

So when I got it back from him I tinkered with it and put it in my gun vault. I'm a bow hunter 99% of the time. So this rifle although amazing just never got used. When I go hunting with a rifle I grab my 25 year old magic death wand ........ my 30/06

Now I watched a video last week of a fella shooting red water filled milk jugs and bowling pins at 800 yards with a 25/06. Wow impressive! And I have a tack driver of a 25/06 here too at my finger tips to use!

What would I need to do this? Likely a different scope that provides enough magnification to see that well at a 1/2 mile. And then the proper loads with likely a 115 grain berger bullet?

Who has a 25/06 that has shot long like this? what bullets and scope? I have the ability to shoot as far as I want here to practice or try stuff out. I just have this fascination right now with 800 yard jug busting.
I've shot to 1000 with a .25-06, though I was using the 100gr MK and Burris FFII Tactical 3-9x40 scope. I would choose the 115 VLD and one of a few different scopes, depending on budget, if I were getting one set up today.
Here is a sample of how my 25 06 shoots the Berger 115s. Fifty grains of IMR 4350 and it really works well. Also 100 gr Match Kings with that same powder charge.

My scope is a Ziess 3-9X50 with the Z600 plex. I really like it.

Good luck.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...1/Barrel_and_action_cleaning#Post8123321
Here is a little more.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7971196/all/25_06_with_115_Bergers
Well it seems that a 500 yard expectation is reasonable, and from your examples a 700 yard range would be easily possible. With the Bergers and a 26" tube I'm feeling pretty good about the potential now.

So what scope in the $1000 range would match this application. I always lean leupold because I trust them. However this 25/06 is not going to be packed and beat about like my 30/06 which has been a Loaner in Africa for much of it's 25 year life.

I'm half way thinking to just send Leupold the 4.5-14 back and have them put in the CDS knob so with the laser I can just dial a distance and not even count clicks.

That would work. If you want a new scope I would go Viper PST or Sightron S3 in that price range.

My rifle really liked 53gr of IMR4350 with the 100MK and a max charge of R17 with the 115 VLD. While the 115 VLD is probably your best option, a coyote taken at 942 yards can attest that the 100MK is no slouch.
If you have Leupold install a turret, I'd go with the M1 over the CDS, especially for your application. It will be MUCH nicer when you get into the second revolution of the turret.

After you've got the turret, get comfortable with its use, load up some Bergers, and pop some jugs!
I agree, Vortex Viper PST in the $1000 range.
I built a 25-06 this past year using a Rem. 700 XCR. In stock form, it shot lousy. Mine now has the action and firing pin reworked, a Jewell trigger, Krieger barrel, muzzle brake, B&C stock, 20 MOA scope mount and a Leupold VX3 6.5-20X50 scope with the Varmint hunter reticle. I run Lapua 30-06 brass resized and neck turned with 115 gr. Berger VLD hunting bullets, H4831SC powder and Federal primers. I am guessing the Vortx scope would be a good choice for the dollar, or pick up a used NightForce in 8-32 or 12-42. You defenitely need for the scope to have an adjustment for parallex. I have shot mine to 600 so far with the 6.5 to 20 scope and that works well. Farther out you would probably find a higher magnification helpful. If you live and use your rifle when mirage is a problem, the higher magnifications become unuseable. Finding what your rifle prefers for a powder charge weight and seating depth will be a must to get long range performance. A big issue at these ranges will be the wind factor. A rifle may shoot lights out, but knowing how to read the wind will be very important. It is amazing what wind will do, especially when you are talking 800 yards. I can fully understand your fascination with the exploding milk jug. As a young man, I shot a 30-30 through a steel antifreeze can filled with water. It simply drilled a nice round hole throgh the can. A friend of mine shot the same type container full of water and it blew every seam out of the can. I was impressed. Bought me a .243 just as soon as I could afford it! Here is a picture of my 25-06:

Attached picture DSCN1498.JPG
I'm one of those people that likes to keep things simple so my rifle is just a plain vanilla M52 Cooper and the Ziess scope. I was out at the gong range this morning and had no trouble at all hitting very near the center of the 700 yd gong even with a fairly stiff crosswind. And shooting the Sierra 100gr MK propelled with 51.5 AA4350. 115 gr Bergers are not to be found here and I have a bunch of the MKs so go shoot what I have. The Bergers sure work better but the trajectory is very near the same.

Shooting anything is better than shooting nothing.

Have fun. I would bet your 25 06 will punch 1000 yd targets and not even take a deep breath.
JJHACK,

There is a guy a few hours from where you live who uses a .25-06 Ack. He run 115 Bergers. He showed me antlers from some of his 600+ yard kills on Montana mule deer. By the way he uses a Leupold 4 1/2-14X. You should be O.K. as far as glass goes.
Don't feel the need to go crazy on the magnification. I've connected on 1500 yard steel with 9x glass. My most dedicated long range gun wears a 3.5-21 power scope, and I almost never use higher than 15 power on it when shooting long.

My wife sometimes goes to steel shoots with me, targets typically range out to 1200 yards or so. Of all my scopes, she prefers a fixed 10x for this.
The caliber SUCKS!!
Originally Posted by RMulhern
The caliber SUCKS!!

So does TOURETTES!
Originally Posted by RMulhern
The caliber SUCKS!!

You done went and ruined my day....

Five at 1000 with H-4831 and 115 VLD's:

[Linked Image]
Nice job Aalf! I love my 25-06.
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I'm half way thinking to just send Leupold the 4.5-14 back and have them put in the CDS knob so with the laser I can just dial a distance and not even count clicks.

I often use target turrets on a 6x42 Leupold. I don't count clicks, I just read the scale on the turret and twist to the spot I want.
Consider Retumbo with the 115 VLD's. With that 26" barrel, some good velocity is certainly possible, along with excellent accuracy.

Yes, I like the old 4.5-14x Leupold, and had the M1 turrets put on mine for a long-range hunting rifle.

Regards, Guy
And Great Shooting AALF, I never tried my .25-06 at 1000. Impressive!

Originally Posted by GuyM
And Great Shooting AALF, I never tried my .25-06 at 1000. Impressive!

Thanks.....

At the Iowa 1K BR club, we had a factory class, so I picked up this Sendero in 25-06 to use. Nothing done to it but bedding, and it was a hammer.

Like a typical dumb [bleep], I sold it, thinking the VLS 260 I found could out shine the Sendero. You can guess how that turned out.....
Adds credence to the old German adage that says

"Why do we get so soon olt and so late schmardt."
Well I think this answers the question.

The 25/06 can easily be set up for some great 500-700 yard shooting with a practical expectation of success.

I suppose the best game in town is the Berger 115's although I would prefer the 100 grain TSX cause I have lots of them.

So this 4.5-14 Leupold I have now is gonna be the scope. Next part of the scope plan is what crosshairs and which dial elevation Adjustment?
Go ahead and try the TSXs. The 100 gr Matchkings work pretty good but not AS good as the Bergers. Starting velocity is about three hundred fps ahead of the Bergers but trajectory is nearly the same. And seems like they hit the target harder. Bergers make a good mark but sometimes I kinda have to hunt to see for sure where the MKs hit. Must be from bullet construction.
The 100 TSX works superbly out to about 400-450 yards, beyond that even a faint wind will play havoc with POI. The VLD cuts the wind better and retains velocity better, as well.
I've been following this thread with a lot of interest and been meaning to chime in, just haven't had time.
I've been wanting to run my .25-06 "way on out there" but never have taken the time. Plus, places to shoot that far out are pretty rare in my immediate vicinity. Good news is, we've found a couple spots, and it has renewed my interest.
Soooo....
It seems that 115 Bergers are about the best place to start, (please correct me if I'm wrong)figure I'll just keep pouring RL22 until I hit about 3k or so accross the chrony.
I'm running an A-Bolt II, guessing a 10 twist, so I don't expect any problems as it's done well with 117 SGK's and 120 NPT's before. Mag has plenty of room so I don't expect any trouble there.
After deer season, I'm gonna send my old Vari-X III 4.5-14 x 50 to Leupold for an M-1 Turret. Prolly stick with the duplex reticle as everything I 've found on their website (again, correct me if I'm wrong)runs Mils and I'm not keen trying to keep up with both in my finite mind.

A few questions:

First, if anyone has anything to add or correct, I'd welcome it.

Second, this scope sits in old Leupy high rings and bases (no 20MOA rail here), how far would someone reckon I could dial out to with this particular setup?

How do the Bergers perform on game? I know they'll kill deer, but I guess I'm asking how well do they penetrate on a good sized pig and how well do they blow up on a 'yote?
I think I've been talked into a 243.(grin)
Originally Posted by Boxer
I think I've been talked into a 243.(grin)

Wuss. whistle
Potsy,

You and I are in the same boat right now. I will also be doing this same testing and sorting out of the bits to make this work.

There is a Youtube video if you search by a fella shooting gallon jugs and bowling pins at 800 plus yards with his 26/06. Never misses them, they just explode!

The delay in the impact makes this quite credible. From the crack of the gun until the jug explodes seems like forever!

I too have a 4.5-14 Leupold, but I have a 40mm Obj. I have a 26" barrel though. I'm anxious to develop this for the longer open country shots that are the only thing available along the river.

I'm leaning towards the CDS reticle, as it will be used by folks ( kids and a lady) that are not going to have a clue about adjustment other then just saying " set it to 6.5" After I range a target. The CDS on my .223 works flawlessly to 400 yards, although the dial goes to 550, I've never shot it that far. If the 25/06 will only go to 500-600 then I have to do something else. My goal is to get 650-700 yards on this, anything more will be a bonus.
Yep...I'll greedily take less dope on the erector and windage stadia,along with diminished recoil and increased impact velocity...due my feeble nature.

You mighta talked me into a 243AI.(grin)
Yep...I'll greedily take less dope on the erector and windage stadia,along with diminished recoil and increased impact velocity...due my feeble nature.

You mighta talked me into a 243AI.(grin)

Now yer gettin somewhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDttMp2AsOI
WOW! Holy smokes! 850yds?!? That is awesome!

I read in F&S that a 22" 243AI with a 250yd zero,would reach that distance with sub 15MOA dumped in it's erector,fend a 10mph full value wind with but 4.6MOA requisite and arrive at 1920 fps+.

A 25-06 with the longer case,longer action,more case capacity and increased recoil...should really crush that benchmark.

Then again.
Have you considered a thread for the .243? This was a 25/06 thread. Granted the .243 is an outstanding tool, However I don't have a .243. I do have a 25/06.

Hence the discussion topic here.
Fairly certain that "For Sale" signs are readily available and can even be self-made. Hint.

I may have shot a 25-06.

Once.

Boxer,

Was kinda hopin' you'd chime in. Didn't doubt you'd wax poetic on the virtues of most things 6mm. Honestly, someday, several paychecks (and several threads!) down the road, I'm kinda droolin' on the thought of a 6-284, Mickey or Manners, Nightforce, etc.

But for the moment, if you've any input on bullets (or anything else) for the .25, I'm sure JJ and I would much appreciate it. I do remember reading on here long ago that you did have some experience with most things quarter bore.

I fully realize that my A-Bolt and the way it is set up is far from being anything you might appreciate, but it was a present from my folks and I'll always have it. It's my go-to when the range gets longish (understand, thus far about 350 has been it's furthest poke, and that was some time back, so my "longish" is pretty short). It has, however, killed what it has shot at well enough and I'd like to adapt it to poking a little further until funds provide for my own "laser ph***ing beam".

Thanks!
I'm starting recall,that I just might have some Quarterbore Familiarity too.

Hmmmmmm...an A-Bort in 25-06?!?

Likely gonna take (2) "For Sale" signs to pull that off.(grin)
I figured I'd take a bit of static over the "A-Bort". Figure you'd love the windage adjustable leupy bases as well. whistle

Question is, were you forced to shoot a round headstamped .25-06, regardless of what brand the rifle was, where would you start? Moreover, what were you shooting in the quarter-bores before you became smitten with various and sundry .243's?
I'd start at the start and sell 'em...or rebarrel.

Mainly because I couldn't stand to pizz up them ropes.

Originally Posted by Potsy
Boxer,

Was kinda hopin' you'd chime in. Didn't doubt you'd wax poetic on the virtues of most things 6mm. Honestly, someday, several paychecks (and several threads!) down the road, I'm kinda droolin' on the thought of a 6-284, Mickey or Manners, Nightforce, etc.

But for the moment, if you've any input on bullets (or anything else) for the .25, I'm sure JJ and I would much appreciate it. I do remember reading on here long ago that you did have some experience with most things quarter bore.

I fully realize that my A-Bolt and the way it is set up is far from being anything you might appreciate, but it was a present from my folks and I'll always have it. It's my go-to when the range gets longish (understand, thus far about 350 has been it's furthest poke, and that was some time back, so my "longish" is pretty short). It has, however, killed what it has shot at well enough and I'd like to adapt it to poking a little further until funds provide for my own "laser ph***ing beam".

Thanks!

how you know all these particularities about boxer when you haven't been on here 2 months yet?
[bleep]...don't go spookin' a hole.(grin)
laffin
I was on the ropes and they had me in their clutches.

THAT...was close.

Laffin'!
Been reading and picking up good advice on here since about '05.
Finally decided to sign up and post a little.
Hope I didn't offend.
My feelings are hurt.

Consider yourself Imaginary Pretend Ignored.

Laffin'!
Isn't there a 25-284 arrow in your quiver?
Nope.

They don't feed. Mark and Brad said.

Laffin'!
Guess it's time to break out the chocolate cake and enjoy this show. No more can be gained from this thread with the current state of affairs
No schit...you are polishing turds,via 25-06.

You've been led to water.
JJHACK,

Man, if your rifle is a shooter, Berger 115s get you to 700 really well. I don't know if you're a ballistics numbers cruncher, but if you go to a calculator an put the appropriate numbers in, you'll see that Barnes 100s don't carry or buck the wind so well out past 500, and your impact speed even starting them out 200fps faster than the Berger 115 drops to the 1800fps minimum around 600 with the Barnes.

So just going by the numbers, if 600 is what you want, the Barnes could get you there, but Bergers give you at least another 100 yds of effective range.

Personally, I think your best bet would be the Barnes, since you already have them, and for you to limit your range. The 25 cal has never thrived in a LR rig, because the bullets out there have such poor BC, to accommodate a slow 1:10 twist. Those are just the facts. If we get into 24 cal, the only reason why they're doing so well way out there is that custom twist rates have allowed higher BC bullets. Stuck with std twists, .24's are nothing special either.
I have a 26" barrel too, that may add just enough speed to make the 700 yard limit workable. I'll chronograph the loads in the next couple weeks. I will check in Cabelas Boise tomorrow to see if they have the bergers, if not I'll have to find some on line.
Good luck with your project. I hope you get what you're looking for out of it!
I shot the last 25/06 I owned out to 600 a couple times with 100gr Ballistic Tips. It was pretty damn fun with those ones at 3300ish. Not quite like a .243 105, but still a pretty good time. I have some major quarter bore love.

Tanner
I have much 25 love too! Has nothing to do with LR shooting, I just killed a bunch of stuff with one when I was younger.
Mine was built as a gift for me by an amazing gunsmith in Texas. He hunted with me in Africa and had the time of his life. He made this and sent it to me.

It's a one hole rifle at 100 yards. I am hoping to make this the best long range tool I can for my son and my Girl friend. Neither are "riflemen" but both love to hunt and can collect meat for the family.

There is an area that that is all but impossible to get closer then many hundreds of yards to Mule deer during the very short week long season.

300-400 yards they are gone about the time it takes to identify if legal to shoot

500 yards they will study you for the moment it takes them to trigger the run response. Sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 30-45 seconds rarely a full minute, still not the time needed to confirm legal point count. I cannot tell you how many times I have identified it was a legal buck about the time the only thing visible was the vapor trail and bouncing tail!

600 yards you will get no privacy. They will not usually bolt and run, but they will not let you out of their sight. Depth Perception is quite good for them. It only takes a couple steps closer to them and they will run.

700 yards They will consider you and stare, watching for a bit and if you stay still they will go back to whatever it was they were doing. However you will be rechecked for position frequently. Until you leave, or they will if you get to that 600-650 ish threshold.

With this repeatable experience you can see the need for a 600-700 yard tool for this job!
Pass the 7-08.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
JJHACK,

Man, if your rifle is a shooter, Berger 115s get you to 700 really well. I don't know if you're a ballistics numbers cruncher, but if you go to a calculator an put the appropriate numbers in, you'll see that Barnes 100s don't carry or buck the wind so well out past 500, and your impact speed even starting them out 200fps faster than the Berger 115 drops to the 1800fps minimum around 600 with the Barnes.

So just going by the numbers, if 600 is what you want, the Barnes could get you there, but Bergers give you at least another 100 yds of effective range.

Personally, I think your best bet would be the Barnes, since you already have them, and for you to limit your range. The 25 cal has never thrived in a LR rig, because the bullets out there have such poor BC, to accommodate a slow 1:10 twist. Those are just the facts. If we get into 24 cal, the only reason why they're doing so well way out there is that custom twist rates have allowed higher BC bullets. Stuck with std twists, .24's are nothing special either.

How "Custom" is an offa da shelf 700 or 77?

If only for starters.
As an aside...a "lowly" 22" 7-08 will make 1800fps to the 750yd line and 1000+ ft lbs of "energy" to 850.

Ain't it funny,how thang's actually work?!?(grin)

Where was the question here by anyone regarding another cartridge? The Post was pretty clear it was about the 25/06

Maybe you should also go post on the Mustang forum and tell them about toyota's

Is this concept lost on you? This was never a thread about what is good better or best, it was simply a thread about the gift I received and how it could be best managed.

Is there no body else to bother with your self serving drivel? At some point when I decide to build the most amazing shooting device on earth I will be sure to contact you and get your blessing.

This is not that thread.

You should be very proud that you have developed all the skills and experience needed to accomplish everything you have dreamed of in life. To the point that your sitting at the computer every available moment of your free time to help all the sad saps that need your guidance. A shame there is no way of earning a living from this for you.

Oh well, I'll call you when I need that "perfect" rifle Larry.
Bitchin' Whine!

Can't know if that Hissy Fit is funnier than the fact,that you are an incredibly slow "learner",or not?!? Tough call. Fascinating to me,that you can "know" so incredibly little,despite a propensity to think you shoot a bit. Intellesting dichotomy,for certain!

I didn't know it was "cheating" or "bad taste" to objectively extrapolate well known chamberings and a sure fire way to hurt your feelers to boot. Hell...if all you wanted was positive reinforcement of your stupid ideas,you should have plainly stipulated same initially and I'm certain that the resulting pontificated Fluff would have soothed your "experience".

You'd do well to start taking notes and applying same.

Hint.

Thank me later.

Funny series of comments, all very telling. Considering the source just makes it more amusing

I'll just continue to enjoy this big slice of chocolate cake while you continue to self promote your constant drivel.
Here's FUNNY.

Please find me "mistaken".

Facts are only "drivel" to the utterly clueless.

Congratulations?
I am a quaterbore fan for some strange reason, even though I only own a pair of 25x284s. I wish somebody would muscle up and make some better longrange 25cal bullets.
Sir,

If you interject facts into a JJ Thread,you will be Whined upon...because he don't field his cluelessness very well at all.(grin)

Sign me up on the A-Max and Scenar quarter inch list.
HuntNshoot,
I have a backup source for the Berger 115's now. I'll be in Boise this weekend and stop at the cabelas to see if they have any as well. Ill get them loaded and see what velocity this 26" Montana Barrel will give up.

After that I'll wait on Leupolds scope mods for this 4.5-14 and then the fun begins!
Are turrets "good" or "bad"now?

I can't keep up with all that you don't know.
Originally Posted by EddyBo
I am a quaterbore fan for some strange reason, even though I only own a pair of 25x284s. I wish somebody would muscle up and make some better longrange 25cal bullets.

+1
I cain't remember if I've shot all the chamberings mentioned on this Thread...or not.

Them facts is gonna be a touch more than a little disconcerting,to at least one Whiner.(grin)
I cain't remember if I've shot all the chamberings mentioned on this Thread...or not.

Them facts is gonna be a touch more than a little disconcerting,to at least one Whiner.(grin)

You have to be the biggest dumbphuck since larry root.........before you start your little girl whining, bitching and name calling bitch...you kill anything today? I did so go [bleep] your little gay ass self...poser. laugh fuggin pusss
'76,

Didn't mean to horn you up.

VERY good call to abandon all things the ruifle and germane...so you could do your Whining [bleep] Act,which ain't an "act" for you.

Bless your heart.

You always could use your Imagination and Pretend I have not gunned 'em all,if that should cheer you up and make things "fair".

Laffin'!
keep tryin chimo...you worthless [bleep]...you be nothing more worthless than a used douche bitch...keep trying little girl...larry root has more credibility than you [bleep]......laffin..why don't you follow your kin........
is it true? you...gus an d kawi are 3 in one laugh ............stupid worthless waste of oxygen...........man my dogs schitt smarter stuff than you out back...
Boy and I thought I was drunk. Laffin'
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Boy and I thought I was drunk. Laffin'

you probably are.....I am certainly not....but dipstick is still a poser...you? I can't tolerate a dumbass boisterous posing piece of schitt...perhaps you can...sucks to be you if so...
by the way for the illiterate here the word is laughing.....stupid [bleep]...
Originally Posted by eh76
you probably are.....I am certainly not....but dipstick is still a poser...you? I can't tolerate a dumbass boisterous posing piece of schitt...perhaps you can...sucks to be you if so...
I can't stand them either so consider yourself on ignore. Of course it's imaginary pretend ignore so I don't miss your jokes (intentional or otherwise), but you're on ignore nonetheless.........
and to you also..........adios
can't we all just get along..
naw just the goils suckin the stick....fuggem...just a bunch of dipstick wannabees...they can spoon with the dumbass poser
by the way for the illiterate here the word is laughing.....stupid [bleep]...

Laffin'

Judging from Boxers posts and litany of photographic evidence to back it up, he is indeed the real McCoy. You, ma'am, are still grossly lacking in my eyes.
GFY

Originally Posted by RDFinn
can't we all just get along..

Indeed
another sucker that believes the innanet and all it offers...goodbye junior...

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post
unlike most of you loser wannabes I will be out hunting this weekend while you watch the boob tube ya [bleep] couch potatoes
I'll be hunting tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Tom264

Good man Tom...how ya been?

Laffin'

I could easily copy any third post from Boxer that would rather neatly apply to you. Et al:
You remain at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" and it's always [bleep] hilarious,when you Pretend a clue.

Please expound upon me your vast and innumerous exploits
Originally Posted by Tom264

Got some venison in the cooler via archery equipment.

[Linked Image]
Good deal on the freezer meat. Having fresh venison enchiladas for dinner myself.
Tenderloin and sweet potatoes tonight.
'76,

I cain't know which is funnier,your heartflet Vagina Monologue Whine...or your staying miles away from all things the rifle?!? Laffin'!

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can afford them.

Bless your heart.
As an aside,points awarded for the "dreaded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Funny how Pretend is easier for you to Imagine,than results are to proffer.

Laffin'!
Just noticed...my head looks unproportionately large in that pic..lol
You'll never see a pic of '76,because her pointy head and crossed-eyes are rather unsettling to her.

And rightfully so.(grin)
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

Laffin'

I could easily copy any third post from Boxer that would rather neatly apply to you. Et al:
You remain at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" and it's always [bleep] hilarious,when you Pretend a clue.

Please expound upon me your vast and innumerous exploits

How about some pictures from your exploits?
'76 is awaiting the invent of a camera,that captures Imagination and Pretend. Until then,it's gonna be a long [bleep] wait,ripe with excuses...punctuated nicely,with an incredibly long list of very well founded insecurities.

Laffin'!

Bless her heart.(grin)
Man, you come up with the wildest stuff I done ever heard of.

But ol EH really is a good guy.
Originally Posted by JJHACK
HuntNshoot,
I have a backup source for the Berger 115's now. I'll be in Boise this weekend and stop at the cabelas to see if they have any as well. Ill get them loaded and see what velocity this 26" Montana Barrel will give up.

After that I'll wait on Leupolds scope mods for this 4.5-14 and then the fun begins!

Awesome! Regardless of ballistic gak, an accurate rifle is never a handicap, and Berger bullets have a way of making magic happen. Once again, I hope you get 'em shooting the way you want. Playing with seating depth pays off in some throats, and it's a matter of doing a few tests. Keep us posted, and have your camera ready.
EH is a Whining Clueless [bleep],who couldn't reliably poor piss out of a boot.

But she sure can Whine.

Laffin'!
© 24hourcampfire