Home
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
For owners of these, how many Mils travel are you seeing on the elevation turrets?

Is there a difference in travel between the 10x, 12x and 16x?

Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
I've got a couple of the 12X MQUAD. They both have 43 Mils total elevation travel. Both are mounted on 45 moa bases, and have 33 mils useable, with a 100 yard zero.

Also have an older 16X Mildot/moa model. It has 108 moa total elevation travel.

Shane
That's exactly the info I am looking for. Thanks Shane.

I recently have been fiddling with a 10X mil/mil and am impressed.

I was hoping that the elevation range is consistent from scope to scope, and that the 16x versions have sufficient travel, using a 20 MOA base to take typical .300W LR loads beyond 1760, with a 100 yard zero.

My current scope, though excellent quality, does not have the travel required to have a 100 yard zero, and still reach that benchmark.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
I've got a 10x MQ with 43.5 Mil total travel.
I was recently playing with the 308 at 1800 yards (215 Berger, 2600 fps). I was able to dial a dead on hold (22.8 mils) with 10 mils remaining in the erector, plus 10 mils on the reticle.

I'd guess you will have no problems with the flatter 300WinMag. 20 moa base will probably be fine, but it leaves a lot of 'down' in the erector.

Shane
Posted By: David_Walter Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
I have a 10X MQ with 43+ mils of travel.

I also have a 6x. I'll check that one tonight.
Posted By: slm9s Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
My 20x MQ has ~ 33.
Posted By: tarheelpwr Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
I checked with Skylar @ SWFA on that same question. The reply I got was that each SWFA has AT LEAST 30 mil elevation. Some have considerably more as mentioned here.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I was recently playing with the 308 at 1800 yards (215 Berger, 2600 fps). I was able to dial a dead on hold (22.8 mils) with 10 mils remaining in the erector, plus 10 mils on the reticle.

I'd guess you will have no problems with the flatter 300WinMag. 20 moa base will probably be fine, but it leaves a lot of 'down' in the erector.

Shane

That's an amazing amount of travel. Good point on the base. I may have to get a new one. I've been thinking that the 16X SS may be the way to go.

Between the 16X and 12X, I prefer the 12X myself. Brighter, better resolution, bigger FOV, easier eyebox, more travel.

I shoot it well beyond 1000 a fair amount, The MQUAD reticle is fine enough to get 'er done.

If you would like to try out my 16X mildot/moa scope to get a feel for the 16X, I'd be happy to mail it to you. Of course the MQUAD version has a finer reticle than my old mildot. You could use it and either send it back later, or if you wanted to buy it, we could work that out too.

Shane

Posted By: deflave Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
Macky Mack,

I have a 6X MOA version laying here that gives 9 full revolutions from bottom to top, @ 15 MOA per.

I think the last time I counted my 6X mil version I believe I counted 45 mils from bottom to top.

I drank heavily and made this video yesterday. I can't believe how technically proficient I am. I wish the shots at the 500 ram showed better and I wish you could hear them.

Anyway, really affirms my faith in the setup for hunting out to 500yds. Which is what I have it for.

deflave, as usual AWESOME!!!! Nice job..
I was so proud I figured out how to do that.

Shoulda seen my desk when it was done. Looked like a recycling bin. grin

Travis
Posted By: Backroads Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
Nice shooting!

How long did it take to make that video?
Nice vid Travis.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
I have a 6X MQ on my 308, and installed the zero stop kit.

Pretty easy to like.
Originally Posted by Backroads
Nice shooting!

How long did it take to make that video?

To actually film it only took about 10 minutes. To put it together probably took 8 beers. To get it loaded to youtube took about 18 hours before I finally figured out how to do that right.

Travis

Nice vid Travis.

Thanks Shane.

Dave
Between the 16X and 12X, I prefer the 12X myself. Brighter, better resolution, bigger FOV, easier eyebox, more travel.

I shoot it well beyond 1000 a fair amount, The MQUAD reticle is fine enough to get 'er done.

If you would like to try out my 16X mildot/moa scope to get a feel for the 16X, I'd be happy to mail it to you. Of course the MQUAD version has a finer reticle than my old mildot. You could use it and either send it back later, or if you wanted to buy it, we could work that out too.

Shane

I appreciate the offer. I will look at the 12x as a possible alternative. I really like the MQ reticle. It is certainly much more precise, as compared to standard MD reticles.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
I checked with Skylar @ SWFA on that same question. The reply I got was that each SWFA has AT LEAST 30 mil elevation. Some have considerably more as mentioned here.

Interesting. My 3-9x MD only has a total of 23.5 Mil of ele...
Great vid. LOVE the hillbilly comments!

Good shooting in the wind.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
My 3-15 MQ sits on a 20 MOA base. With a 200 yd zero i have 27.2 mils of up left. Seems i recall ot having damn near 46 mils top to bottom.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
....I really like the MQ reticle. It is certainly much more precise, as compared to standard MD reticles.

Yep.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I have a 6X MQ on my 308, and installed the zero stop kit.

Pretty easy to like.

I was unaware of a zero stop kit for these.

From SWFA or aftermarket?
There's a DIY zero-stop that is super easy. It consists of hose gaskets and thin washers placed in the top inside of the turret cap.

With my 45 moa bases,I just put one hose gasket in there, and my turret bottoms out about 3 mils below zero. I could shim another thin washer in there to get closer, but as it is I can spin it to the bottom and return up 3 mils to the first zero.
Mackay, there is a dude on snipershide that sells a delrin zero stop kit.

It has 3,2,1,1/2 and 1/4 turn shims. Essentially you zero the scope, count revolutions until it bottoms out, put it back to zero, pull the turret and use the right combo of shims. Right around $20 shipped last i knew.
A standard red garden hose gasket is roughly a 1.5 rev shim...grin.
Sure is MM, mine has 2 in it. <grin>
Posted By: avagadro Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15

Shane

how fast do you have to twist a barrel to get those 215's flying straight?

g
Posted By: JGRaider Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
Nice shootin' Travis, especially on that 150 yd black gong.
Your range finder must be set to "retard."

Travis
Good to know about the zero stop shims.

Originally Posted by avagadro

Shane

how fast do you have to twist a barrel to get those 215's flying straight?

g

1/10 is recommended by Berger.

Surprisingly, I'm getting accuracy from a 1/12 Rem varmint 308 barrel.
Posted By: javman Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
Just a quick question. Are the former Tasco Titans the predecessor to the Super Chickens? They sure have some similarities.
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15

Shane

MM, would be so kind to share the load that you are using to achieve 2600fps with a 308 and 215 Berger. What is your barrel length. I know I will not be able to reach this but maybe squeeze 2500 out of mine.
Originally Posted by javman
Just a quick question. Are the former Tasco Titans the predecessor to the Super Chickens? They sure have some similarities.

I believe they were commissioned to built to the desired specs at the plant that makes Tasco's and I don't recall seeing the Titan but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't re-use some previously designed items that fit the called for specs.

Mike
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
Originally Posted by javman

http://www.opticstalk.com/super-sniper-history_topic24761.html

David
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

Shane

MM, would be so kind to share the load that you are using to achieve 2600fps with a 308 and 215 Berger. What is your barrel length. I know I will not be able to reach this but maybe squeeze 2500 out of mine.

Hammer,

Here's the data, I linked back to a thread on the topic, so as not to take this thread too far off topic.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10494206#Post10494206
Posted By: xxclaro Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
Damn I wish they would let us Canadiand buy those. Every time I read about them I want one more. Good video too.
Can they come straight from Japan ? SWFA may be able to arrange it.

Mike
Posted By: RDFinn Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/28/15
I don't believe you can use the shim kit in any of the HD models. Just the straight X Classics.
Posted By: Nrut Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Mike

Problem is SWFA won't get a export permit for what ever reason..
They would sell like hotcakes up here..
Originally Posted by Nrut
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Mike

Problem is SWFA won't get a export permit for what ever reason..
They would sell like hotcakes up here..

Get all of your friends to call and complain!

Sorry to hear they haven't/won't

Mike
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/29/15
About 1-1.5 years ago I emailed SWFA, and they told me they had zero interest in exporting, due to complications they had in the past when they used to export.
Posted By: Teal Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
About 1-1.5 years ago I emailed SWFA, and they told me they had zero interest in exporting, due to complications they had in the past when they used to export.

IIRC - wasn't the Chicken given a Navy inventory number or some such thing?

Wonder if ITAR has something to do with it.
Posted By: 16bore Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/29/15
It was originally built under a Navy contract I thought. I've got a naked chicken in my coop. Pretty funny when guys ask "what the hell is that?"

Top secret prototype....

[Linked Image]

Posted By: deflave Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/29/15

Yet another benefit to not being Canadian.

Travis
Originally Posted by teal

IIRC - wasn't the Chicken given a Navy inventory number or some such thing?

Wonder if ITAR has something to do with it.

The modern SWFA SS is a completely different product from the old Chicken that was considered for a military contract, so that wouldn't apply.

I did all the research and called all the US authorities, and there is nothing stopping SS scopes from leaving the US, except for SWFA's no-export policy...
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

For the uninitiated, a quick perusal through this thread will show a couple of SWFA's in my stable, and I have opportunities to pick up others all the time. There are a bunch of them that were brought in before the ITAR crap became a big deal...
Posted By: bellydeep Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/29/15

Travis

For the uninitiated, a quick perusal through this thread will show a couple of SWFA's in my stable, and I have opportunities to pick up others all the time. There are a bunch of them that were brought in before the ITAR crap became a big deal...

So are you allowed to come down to the US and pick them up?
Nope. Can't take them across the border by any means.
Posted By: deflave Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
That sucks. I don't know how you guys can stand it. I get pissed off for having to fill out a form when I buy a gun.

Travis
Posted By: smokepole Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
OK, why are they called super chickens?
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
That sucks. I don't know how you guys can stand it. I get pissed off for having to fill out a form when I buy a gun.

Travis

It's a pain, for sure. Wanna adopt a Canuck, Travis? Montana is about the only place I'd consider leaving Alberta for...
With the exception of 16bore's super secret squirrel prototype, the logo tells the story.
Posted By: deflave Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
You're welcome any time.

Travis
Posted By: RWE Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
Originally Posted by smokepole

bawk bawk

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
I am sure that many scopes, reloading supplies and such make it across the border via vehicle. I once knew a guy, an American, that lived in Calgary that did it all of the time. Well, that and linguica. wink
Posted By: smokepole Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
Originally Posted by RWE

bawk bawk

[Linked Image]

Jeez, I have three and never noticed the logo. I thought it was because Travis likes to twist the knob.....
Originally Posted by RWE

bawk bawk

[Linked Image]

Jeez, I have three and never noticed the logo. I thought it was because Travis likes to twist the knob.....

That would be a Super Chicken Choker.

You're welcome any time.

Travis

Thanks, man. Now you've just gotta give me a job and fill out some sponsorship paperwork, and I'll be on my way! grin
You're welcome any time.

Travis

Thanks, man. Now you've just gotta give me a job and fill out some sponsorship paperwork, and I'll be on my way! grin

Do you know autocad drafting?

I'm a quick learner grin
Posted By: Teal Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
Wonder if a guy came down to Montana to shoot antelope and took his Montucky topped with a blister pack BSA scope with and then came back with a Chicken on top - would Dudley Do-Right even notice?
Kinda doubt anyone is paying that much attention.

Posted By: David_Walter Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
Nor would Dudley even care or ask.
Posted By: Teal Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
Which would be a good way for Jordan to see Montana - shoot a prairie goat, meet 'flave and score a chicken.

Package deal.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 09/30/15
We've met Jordan at the Icebreaker, and gotten some trigger-time in. He's good people.

As I recall though, it was a fair amount of admin just to bring rifles back and forth across the border, and Jordan was flying slick, due to the time delays.
Is meeting flave a requirement for visiting MT, I was going to try to visit some time next year and that might be a deal breaker laugh

Mike
I know GFM
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/01/15
We've met Jordan at the Icebreaker, and gotten some trigger-time in. He's good people.

As I recall though, it was a fair amount of admin just to bring rifles back and forth across the border, and Jordan was flying slick, due to the time delays.

Thanks, Shane! You were kind enough to let me test drive your rifle, which I really appreciated, and we had some fun smacking that 1700 meter plate around with those 208's from your .308! Pat and I actually got the kinks worked out so I could bring some rifles with me this past April, but unfortunately I had to cancel my trip at the last minute due to some work troubles. Hopefully this coming spring will work out!
Posted By: 4ager Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/02/15
Originally Posted by teal
Wonder if a guy came down to Montana to shoot antelope and took his Montucky topped with a blister pack BSA scope with and then came back with a Chicken on top - would Dudley Do-Right even notice?

I had exactly that same thought.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/02/15
Any of you Canucks interested in a SS 10X with mil dots, contact me via pm. I have one with side focus I am willing to sell assuming you pay postage to the great white north. $275. This is the one they sell for $399.
Posted By: Nrut Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/02/15
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Any of you Canucks interested in a SS 10X with mil dots, contact me via pm. I have one with side focus I am willing to sell assuming you pay postage to the great white north. $275. This is the one they sell for $399.

For you to do so you would be breaking U.S. law..
Just a hint..
Posted By: xxclaro Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/02/15

Just a hint..

I've been tempted to get some American friends send me a 6x or two, but just can't risk them getting in trouble just to send me a scope. Maybe one day I'll go down and buy a couple and either bring them back or send them to myself.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/03/15

Just a hint..

You Clueless Drooling Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

GREAT time to cite any/all "laws" that preclude same,as per your Imagination and it's Pretend. Do not "forget" "particulars" and be sure to go for the throat. Laughing!

Who chews your food for you?!?

Fhuqking WOW +P+.....................
Posted By: jeffbird Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/03/15
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Just a hint..

You Clueless Drooling Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

GREAT time to cite any/all "laws" that preclude same,as per your Imagination and it's Pretend. Do not "forget" "particulars" and be sure to go for the throat. Laughing!

Who chews your food for you?!?

Fhuqking WOW +P+.....................

It is not illegal per se, but requires the appropriate export license with federal approval. Compliance with export regulations is subject to interpretation by the person considering the item or request. So, there is not always consistency in application, and different agencies and departments within the agency can have differing interpretations, resulting in conflicting applications of the regulations. For a starting point for consideration, and there are others,

15 C.F.R. § 774.2, OA987

0A987 Optical sighting devices for firearms (including shotguns controlled by 0A984); and “components” as follows (see List of Items Controlled).
License Requirements
Reason for Control: FC, CC, UN
Control(s) Country Chart (See Supp. No. 1 to part 738)
FC applies to optical sights for firearms, including shotguns described in ECCN 0A984, and related parts FC Column 1.
CC applies to entire entry CC Column 1.
UN applies to entire entry See § 746.1(b) for UN controls.
List Based License Exceptions (See Part 740 for a description of all license exceptions)
LVS: N/A
GBS: N/A
CIV: N/A
List of Items Controlled
Related Controls: N/A
Related Definitions: N/A

Items:

a. Telescopic sights.

b. Holographic sights.

c. Reflex or “red dot” sights.

d. Reticle sights.

e. Other sighting devices that contain optical elements.

f. Laser pointing devices designed for use on firearms.

g. Lenses, other optical elements and adjustment mechanisms for articles in paragraphs a, b, c, d or e.

Also, it is worth noting SWFA's own statement on the subject: "SWFA, Inc. has decided to cease all international sales due to credit card fraud and the majority of the products SWFA, Inc. offers, being restricted and prohibited for export by the United States government."

http://swfa.com/ExportPolicy.aspx
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/03/15
Thanks for heads up all. I will look into it and clearly won't violate the law. The initial conversation made me think it was an SWFA policy. Yikes.
Posted By: 16bore Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/03/15
Just have Stick send you one, easy peasy...
Posted By: fredIII Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/03/15
Originally Posted by 16bore
Just have Stick send you one, easy peasy...

I heard he gets them cheep and he might even own part of the company. The Campfires very own supper hero. It's a bird it's a plane no it's super stick. LOL.
Posted By: Fotis Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/13/15
Yes it is an ITAR violation
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/13/15
Reckon a 6X super chicken would be a good scope on top of a 204 Ruger? For prairie dogs and such...
Posted By: Teal Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/14/15
Love my 6x on a 7-08, can't imagine it sucking on a 204
Posted By: laker Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/14/15
My first SWFA showed up today. The 10x will be sitting on a defiance action, #4 contour brux chambered in 6mm creedmoor by the end of next week. I don't think it will be my last SWFA
Posted By: sdgunslinger Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/15/15
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Reckon a 6X super chicken would be a good scope on top of a 204 Ruger? For prairie dogs and such...

personally , I want more xx s on a pdog gun...
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/15/15
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

personally , I want more xx s on a pdog gun...

Me too..... fortunately they make a 10x and 12x version.....

[Linked Image]
I now have a 10x MIL Quad on a hunting rifle, and a 16x on a LR .300. Very impressed so far.

The 16x had enough internal adjustment to zero at 100 yards with a 40 MOA cant.

I have not done the comeups yet, since I am still doing load development, but that should get me quite a ways out there.

Nice crisp adjustments and seems to track well. Nice glass as well.
Posted By: Fotis Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/16/15
10 or 12 for prairie dingos
Posted By: fredIII Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/16/15
16 would work for the little guys
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/16/15
Macky Mack,

I have a 6X MOA version laying here that gives 9 full revolutions from bottom to top, @ 15 MOA per.

I think the last time I counted my 6X mil version I believe I counted 45 mils from bottom to top.

I drank heavily and made this video yesterday. I can't believe how technically proficient I am. I wish the shots at the 500 ram showed better and I wish you could hear them.

Anyway, really affirms my faith in the setup for hunting out to 500yds. Which is what I have it for.

i think you a$$ shot that ram, it musta been in a ravine :-D
Posted By: Josh Sorensen Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 10/16/15
I just ordered a 6x Super Chicken for an AR10 build I’m putting together. Should be about perfect for a medium range auto.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/22/15
I have a 6x on both of my Tikka 308s and it's perfect.
Posted By: 16bore Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/22/15
I've got a 10X MQ in the classifieds if anyone is looking....
Posted By: atse Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/23/15
Originally Posted by 16bore
I've got a 10X MQ in the classifieds if anyone is looking....
[quote=16bore)

Does this scope have the side focus? I am in the market. Will try and find it on the Classifieds. Thanks.
Posted By: 16bore Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/23/15
Rear
Posted By: David_Walter Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/23/15
I like the rear focus better.
Posted By: RHutch Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/23/15
Could the 1-4 be at home on a general purpose10/22?
Got a naked rifle needing a little scope.
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/23/15
Yes.
I chickened one and it was fun for about 5 minutes. 11# of 10/22 turned out to be pretty worthless.

[Linked Image]

So I stripped nekked and stole the 16" chunk off my kids 10/22, dropped it in a Houge, and picked up the almighty Redfield Battlezone Tacticool .22 (spent a whole $100) in LW's for schitsandgiggles. I think it lost 4#.

[Linked Image]

....and it's been a lot more giggles than schit.

I chickened a Hummer too and it was fun for 30 minutes. Getting pulled apart as we speak.

[Linked Image]

Reckon I'm just a bigger fan of 22LR.......
Rattled some bulk 36's at 330 (during Chicken mode). Dope was a tad off, but then again 22LR dope at 330 yards is about as useless as tits on a bull....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/23/15
Tire OK?
22LR is kinda like a 270, they just bounce off......
Posted By: BobinNH Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/24/15
Shot mine again this afternoon. Can't get over how good this thing is for $300 bucks.

I keep thinking someone is going to show up and ask me for more money.
Posted By: 16bore Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/24/15
Blown away at how they've sorta taken over the scene, hoping a 6x MOA is on deck.
Posted By: Teal Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/24/15
Been most impressed with mine. Don't think I need to look elsewhere for what I need with future purchases.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/24/15
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I keep thinking someone is going to show up and ask me for more money.

That's funny Bob. FWIW, their variables don't break either.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/24/15
$300! Imagine there's folks even holding out for less - in 48 hours whistle
Posted By: BobinNH Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/24/15
RD: I bet the variables are good,too.

With the center of the reticle on the 6X I can "quarter" a 6" orange dot at 600 yards.

I am doing this on the fly right now and have not printed out a program for the loads and am fiddling since scope and rifle are brand new;and have not really established a "zero", but shot the 150 BT and 162 Amax this week at 300 yards. Windage perfect for both, with Amax slightly higher and both were 7-8" low at 300 yards.

I figured "3 mils should be about right" at 600 yards. Went to 600 yards, dialed in 3 mils of correction and put two shots into the bull at 600....bing bing.

Keep in mind....I don't know what I'm doing.Not exactly anyway. smile

I dialed back down 3 mils,and was going back to 300 to confirm,but before I could pack up, 5 deer showed on the line. I did not want to scare the poor things so didn't shoot again,but counted coup on them.

The optics are pretty darned good; focus nice and sharp,good color, contrast and brightness,eye relief is just fine.

Beretz on here got one the other day and shot it on his Mashburn. Told me the thing tracks like it's on rails.I agree.

The only "problem" is I have no where to shoot past 600 without driving for hours,so am only using a fraction of the scopes potential.
Posted By: 16bore Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/25/15
Thought I read somewhere that you put it on a M70?

What mounts?
Posted By: BobinNH Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/25/15
16: DD's with medium 30mm's.
You think there's clearance for lows?
Not sure but don't know if it would help on my rifle. Scope height is about perfect as is. Stock is a Borden RR and comb is high, thick, and pretty straight.
Did you have to go with the reversible stuff? If I recall I had a set of DD's awhile back and the base hung over the chamber. Been a talley man ever since. Mighta had the wrong ones. Been awhile.
16: Nope this is a straight up standard DD base. No extension. The scope has enough tube length for back and forth wiggle,and the bolt handle clears nicely.

Roger that, thanks!
Posted By: Teal Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/25/15
I did it with DD and medium 30's for less than just a Leup on my Montana.

Can't say I feel at any disadvantage by doing it that way - tho I'm betting the Leup would be lighter. Still - the rifle is still damned handy in the hands.
Posted By: NTG Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 11/26/15
Happy Holidays! Do you think their medium rings will work on a bull barrel 10FP: [Linked Image]

I'm thinking of picking one up on their sale.
Posted By: Josh Sorensen Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 12/02/15
[Linked Image]

The 6x Super Chicken is working out great on my PSA Pa10. I got the zero stop kit and so far that has been working very well too. There are two of these SUper Chickens in my gunsafe right now and I’m sure there will be more in the future.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: SWFA Super Chickens - 12/02/15
Can't wait to get mine.
© 24hourcampfire