Home
And if so, why? Ive never had a upgraded trigger. Thanks
Jewell = Roll Royce

Timney = Chevy/Ford

Comparing the 2 is like comparing good caviar to carp roe. Not even in the same zip code.

JEff
Timney = tough

Jewell = tender

Hard for me to holster rugged reliability.................
I have never had a jewell lock because of minor crap....but have had one lock because of a grain of RL15 fell in there. I have broken at least three jewells from according to jewell "running them too hot" I did not change my loads when I got the repaired triggers back sooo I am wondering if that was the real problem.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Timney = tough

Jewell = tender

Hard for me to holster rugged reliability.................

Timney = hunter

Jewell = competition

dave
"Play" is different from "keeps".

But in fairness,I'm purty hard on riggin'...............
This is just me, but if I could have I would have a Jewell in every rig I run. The one I've had in my Mashburn has been thru heck and back and I am not one to be kind to a rig either (this rig is on its 8th barrel with the trigger and never one hick up). From my experience, I'd go Jewell in a heart beat.

Been around a few others as well and to date I've not found one that wasn't capable of playing hard. YMMV...grin

Dober
I stil prefer the jewells triggers to all others, even with the hiccups I have had. But then again I hunt in pretty sanitary conditions.
Depends totally on what purpose the rifle serves that each are pinned to.

If for hardcore hunting, Timneys are less complex and less affected by gunk and grit. A trigger pull less than 2 -3 lbs isn't needed and is in fact detrimental for most hunting.

If for competition such as Benchrest, Timney doesn't make a trigger that safely adjusts down to 2-4 oz. The Jewell, being a 3-lever design, can.

Jewells can of course be adjusted for "hunting" pull weights, but their increased complexity makes them more susceptible to getting gummed up if oil runs down into the works.
Fluff ain't my gig..................
If I recall right the trigger on my Mashburn is down around 1.5 lbs and works like a dream to me. Basically it's totally spoiled me.. wink

Have you had Jewells on hunting rifles Ted and had issues with them?

Thx
Dober
Yes, I have 3 Jewells -- 2 on deer/elk rifles, and 1 on a varmint rig.

I did have issues with one where oil ran down into the housing and the oil attracted sandy grit. This was one time, and luckily I caught it before I took it hunting. Flushing it out with lighter fluid returned it to perfect working order

As long as you keep the works cleaned out with a squirt or two of lighter fluid and don't oil it as Jewell recommends, you're probably good to go. But, you don't always have that luxury, so I don't think it's as good a choice on a hardcore all-weather hunting rifle as a simpler 2-lever trigger.

I certainly like the feel of a Jewell better, but when you're wearing gloves, in cold weather, combined with the excitement of the hunt, the difference really doesn't come into play.

Logic says that any mechanism that is more complex is likely to be more susceptible to problems than a simpler mechanism designed for the same task.
Fairweather Forays,is far more forgiving than the typical sense of humor Mother Nature has in these parts.

Jewell makes great stuff,but it simply ain't ruggedly reliable,because it were purposely crafted in a different direction.

Simple facts..............
I hear you on the logic, just never encountered any problems. I've never touched them after installing them and they just work.

All of our experiences vary for sure but from what I've experienced they don't scare me a bit.

Dober
I've drug my Jewell triggered rifles all over Alaska from snowshoe hunts in 10' of snow to the Brooks range to moose swamps and float hunts. Never ever had any kind of issue, maybe I'm lucky. I do use a bore guide without fail when cleaning my rifles, so no oil or solvent get's into the action/trigger.
You or the boys ever run any SS Shilen triggers ? Think they are the only one besides Jewell that makes SS triggers besides Remington of course.
I haven't owned a Shilen trigger, but I installed one in a friend's rifle. Had a good trigger pull, but it was adj to 2lb, so it wasn't set in Jewell territory. Really, it felt about like what I'd expect of a Timney or Basix.
That's plenty light for me as I was interested in one for a hunting rifle. I'd never go lower than 2.5 lbs.
If memory serves, I believe it was more expensive than a Timney, so if you're looking for a good 2.5# pull, Timney is more than good enough, unless having SS innards is of critical importance.

You aren't likely to be disappointed by it; I can comfortably say that.
The Jewell will adjust down to 8 to 12 ounces easily with the right spring, I forget if it is the A or C spring. It's beautiful for a varmint rifle, just put your finger on it, think happy thoughts and it goes off.

But when you try to adjust it up to 2 or more pounds it has a "squish" to it. It's not creep, but the trigger definitely moves or has a bit of take up before it breaks. It's still a good trigger but it was a bit disconcerting to feel it move when you're expecting that glass rod break.

Never used any other replacement trigger as I have always been able to get a stock Remington or Winchester (old style) trigger down to about 2.5 to 3 pounds safely with a crisp break.
Jim or anyone else, is the trigger mechanism on a 700 SS actually stainless steel throughout ?
No.
The one on my model 70 has been used extensivly in nasty conditions and hasnt missed a beat. Snow, cold, dust, ice, boat hunts etc.
Course I aint slathering my action full of oil like some....
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
But when you try to adjust it up to 2 or more pounds it has a "squish" to it. It's not creep, but the trigger definitely moves or has a bit of take up before it breaks. It's still a good trigger but it was a bit disconcerting to feel it move when you're expecting that glass rod break.

When you use the proper spring and set it up correctly it will break like glass and have no overtravel at 1.5-2 lbs, or whatever you want it set at. There are three different springs that allow you to set it from 1.5 oz to whatever (can't remember the high side, but why would you?) I have one on my 6br at 2oz and one on my 300wsm at about 1.5#, and have had the non-safety version on benchrest rigs.
Have used Jewells in my hunting rifles for approx. 15yrs without any problems. They have suffered through snow, dust, dirt, rain, ice etc. Never a failure or problem.Rick.
Originally Posted by blackfootkenai

When you use the proper spring and set it up correctly it will break like glass and have no overtravel at 1.5-2 lbs, or whatever you want it set at. There are three different springs that allow you to set it from 1.5 oz to whatever (can't remember the high side, but why would you?) I have one on my 6br at 2oz and one on my 300wsm at about 1.5#, and have had the non-safety version on benchrest rigs.

You should tell Jewell this as I gave them two tries to set my trigger at 1.5 with no creep.
Once after a blown primer blew the firing pin back and broke the sear in two. Me bad on that one.
A bit less than 1.5 and I can get it perfect myself.
Stick/Dave7mm nailed this one.
Shilen's new hunting triggers are adjustable from 1.5-3lbs. I am going to install a new SS trigger on my 40X rimfire that I am building. Shilen has revamped their trigger line. I liked them before, but they feel better now. That being said I have 5 Jewells on my Remington rifles. No problems whatsoever. They don't feel as good at 2.5lbs though. 1.5-2lbs and they are good to go. Hunting from a stand 1.5 is good. I prefer a properly adjusted 2.5 though.
Butch

A blown primer can break the connector in a Jewell.
Butch, I got a Shilen about a year ago. Don't know if it is the new ones you reference, but it is the best Shilen I have. Zale
Also Have a new Shilen hunter...great trigger.
One of the best triggers I've tested was a Timney on a M70 PF. It was a sample of 1, but truly Jewelesque
I own Jewell, Timney & Shilens. I like the Shilen trigger the best.
Zale, good to hear from you. I believe they did it about a year ago. The new high dollar trigger machine that they have is great. It will even graph the difference in the way the sear surfaces are lapped.
The Shilen Swap Meet will probably be the 5th of March. I will keep you informed.
Butch
The Jewell will adjust down to 8 to 12 ounces easily with the right spring, I forget if it is the A or C spring. It's beautiful for a varmint rifle, just put your finger on it, think happy thoughts and it goes off.

My experience exactly. No combination of springs nor adjustments on my two Jewells will make them feel good to me at 2.5 lbs. Mushy.

I've got them on heavy target rifles now, set to a few ounces. Awesome.
Go Timney if its a hunting rig, Mel Forbes did his homework well.

MtnHtr
Originally Posted by RDFinn
You or the boys ever run any SS Shilen triggers ? Think they are the only one besides Jewell that makes SS triggers besides Remington of course.

One pard in particular is a Shilen Slut...............
I've run just about everything,trigger wise, at one time or another.
When Neil Jones was at the top of his game a worked over M700,from him, was as good as any on a critter getter.
The Jewell trigger,when it came out was, and still is, made by wire EDM.(electrical discharge machine).
The wire EDM process is pretty interesting a spool of .01 diameter brass wire is fed thrue a set of percision guides and charged with electricity.Any form or shape you can dream up, can be cut as long as the material your cutting,is conductive.
The parts will most likley be in a dielectric bath (under water) in the machine.
The side plates can be stacked up and many can be run at a time.The trigger shoes and sears can be stacked and nested to give good material utilization on a given piece of material.The internals of Jewells are made from A2 tool steel.
Dont plan on wearing one out in your lifetime.
The interesting thing about wire EDM is your always presenting a fresh cutter...ie...wire,to the work your going to be cutting.The spool of wire is used one time to cut the part and then chopped into brass scrap.A typical spool of .01 diameter wire has about 17 miles of wire on it.Its not like wearing out an end mill.An end mill is sharp when you start a job and dull when you finish.Wire EDM is much different.
The tolerances in wire EDM can be held very,very tight.
Its really no problem to hold .0003 day in and day out with proper programming and knowhow.
Thats one of the reasons Jewell triggers are so demmed good.
My general take on Jewells are that they excellant for BR as there just about goof proof and will take untold rounds.Thats the thing about BR.The average BR rifle gets shot ALOT more than the typical deer rifle.Im thinking alittle over kill for the critter getter.
Heres a pretty good read about a new trigger you might find interesting. NO springs..
http://kelbly.com/triggers.html
Now thats a trigger.

dave
I've had several Timney's no problems at all. I set mine at 2 lbs and forget them...
Timney = tough

Jewell = tender

As for the norm BS is wrong again.
I have and have had many Jewell's not a problem with any of them.
I dont see where anyone stated what rifle we are talking about, if it is the Remington 700 or one of it's clones or a custom action I would choose a Jewell 10 times out of 10 over a Timney (although they are better than they used to be).
If we are talking Winchester 70 the Jewell is lightyear's better than the Timney, the downside is that they are not a drop in and normaly require fitting to the action and the stock.
If we are talking AR-15 I like the Timney much better than the Jewell (hate the 2 stage).
I have three Jewell triggers on target rifles, all set at 2 oz.
All of my sporters have Timney or Rifle Basix's. Breaks don't get any better than with the Timney's and Rifle Basix's, so no Jewell's for sporters at my house.
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
Timney = tough

Jewell = tender

As for the norm BS is wrong again.
I have and have had many Jewell's not a problem with any of them.
I dont see where anyone stated what rifle we are talking about, if it is the Remington 700 or one of it's clones or a custom action I would choose a Jewell 10 times out of 10 over a Timney (although they are better than they used to be).
If we are talking Winchester 70 the Jewell is lightyear's better than the Timney, the downside is that they are not a drop in and normaly require fitting to the action and the stock.
If we are talking AR-15 I like the Timney much better than the Jewell (hate the 2 stage).

Your Imagination is acting up again.................

Originally Posted by LBP
I've had several Timney's no problems at all. I set mine at 2 lbs and forget them...

I pretty much do the same with rifle basic.
Putting a 3 lever trigger on a m70 is for short bus riders.

dave
I have had several Jewell triggers and still have 2. I've had good luck with them so far with no problems at all. I have also used Timney triggers for many years and think they are darn good. Timney recently redesigned their triggers and I haven't had a chance to try their newer version. I think the newer version blocks the trigger instead of the sear??? but I am not sure. If anyone knows please chime in. 163bc
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by LBP

I pretty much do the same with rifle basic.
Putting a 3 lever trigger on a m70 is for short bus riders.

dave

YMMV but I have found that Model 70 classic trigger suck, no matter what is done to them. Its not been possible for me to get one down to 1lb safely, which is easy with a Jewell.And I have had model 70 triggers done up bu several different gun smiths.

IN regards to BS mentioning Shilen triggers. I have a McMillan rifle with a shilen trigger and its been to hell in back, never had the trigger out to clean and its always worked like a charm. Its almost as good as my Jewell triggers. Oh and the gun has a 7mm barrel which outta make BS happy.
I have a slug of Jewels and Shilen triggers. I go Shilen on the rugged stuff for no particular good reason other than the Jewels look like a internals on a Swiss Watch.

Nothing wrong with a honed and polished Rem 700 trigger either, I just re-spring them.

The dirtiest hunting that I have done was carrying rifles in scabbords on mules and horses, they got full of dirt and scratched all to heck, but I never had any issues.

Bouncing rifles around in pick ups on dusty roads can be rough on rifles as they pick up a lot of grime, I've just been lucky with Remington and Shilen triggers for this kind of use.

I have owned one Timney, and Shilen triggers are better to my eye. I take both of them completely apart before installation just for grins.
Boot leather is tough on riggin'.................
2 jewell's.....one on a 5r .308 that sees much use and one on a 223 Rem hunting weight rifle. Never had a problem....I've only encountered utter reliability with mine. And if you don't know......we deal with blowing sand and nasty conditions here in West Texas. Never had a Timney, but I'm sure they're good triggers as well....as long as they've been around.

But I can't fault the factory Remington triggers at all....at least the old style. I don't see a real need to replace them. Not a fan of the newer Xmark.

I've got 15 or better Jewells (all set at 1 lb on 700's) and a pair of Timney's. Like them both, but when I'm buying a replacement for a 700, it's worth the extra $100 for the Jewell. Like someone above said, the Jewell looks like a Swiss watch....well, I happen to love Rolex so maybe that's why I like the Jewell so much.

I have 4 Remington 700's with Jewell triggers. One has over 10,000 shots on it.(it's been on a couple of rifles/ barrels) Mostly "tactical" matches with a couple thousand rounds fired in the field in all conditions from -10de coyote hunting to +110 de hunt... oops killing prairie dogs.
This trigger is set about 6-8 oz. It is due for a trip back to the factory as it is showing some signs of wear. The other 3: one on Shayla's rifle has about 1200 or so and runs perfect, one on my 338L has about 2000 on it( not all from the 338) runs perfect, one on my 308/ 6.5x47L hunting rifle known round count, runs perfect. All have seen lots of dust, some rain and snow. Most have been on horse back into the back country.One is set @1.5#'s the others at 8-12oz.
Also have a Jewell on my main AR-15 in 223. This one has also seen sun, dirt, sand, snow, rain. I have about 7000-8000 rounds on this trigger with no problems.
I'm far from easy on my gear, but I've had great luck with the 5 Jewell triggers we have.

Kinda like your writing is tough on my eyes...
Originally Posted by slg888
I own Jewell, Timney & Shilens. I like the Shilen trigger the best.

Same here. I rate them as Shilen, Timney/reworked factory (toss up), Jewell.

I just don't see the love affair with Jewells. Have/had four or five, so I did give them a try. I can't get used to the skinny trigger shoe. The clincher was when one had some mushy creep to it (not a 2 pounder, but one of the ones at about 6-8 oz). I called them, they said send it back for them to look at. They called a few weeks later, said they found that some piece was something like 15 thousands out of spec, and had replaced it. Cool. THEN, they told me what the bill was, and asked if I'd like to put it on a credit card, along with return shipping! shocked They admitted it was defective, and then tried to charge me for it?? That soured me enough to write them off. Too many other good (better) choices to deal with that.
I run them on my BR guns. If Shilen and a Jewell both set at 1.5 or higher you will not feel a difference. I have had great Timneys and some reworked Remingtons. Hunting guns, where I am running over a pound on the trigger they get a Shilen. Jewells dont shine (to me)until you get below a pound pull weight, then they are a class by themselves.
Originally Posted by Killertraylor

Kinda like your writing is tough on my eyes...

Tough eyes is handy...and I suggest you take notes,so as to toughen 'em up................
Originally Posted by 257heaven
2 jewell's.....one on a 5r .308 that sees much use and one on a 223 Rem hunting weight rifle. Never had a problem....I've only encountered utter reliability with mine. And if you don't know......we deal with blowing sand and nasty conditions here in West Texas. Never had a Timney, but I'm sure they're good triggers as well....as long as they've been around.

But I can't fault the factory Remington triggers at all....at least the old style. I don't see a real need to replace them. Not a fan of the newer Xmark.

Dry conditions is forgiving to gear,as opposed to saturation,which ain't. Frozen saturation,an especially unforgiving melding.

Heavy vegetation in conjunction to same,is rather exceptional in it's innate ability to cram dirt/debris into a rifle's nether regions and not all mechanical wares have an ability to literally cut to the chase.

I seen wind once.................

Jewell trigger failures are rare and mostly internet hype!
Yet trump the failure rates of others combined,which ain't hype.

Appreciate your taking the time and subtle way with words...............
Is there anything like the original win70 type trigger available as an after market replacement? If I had my choice for a hunting rifle it wouldn't be any type inside a housing.

Same thoughts as others a jewel set for under 2lbs is one nice trigger.
I have both. The Jewell is a sweet trigger but I have have no need for a trigger that breaks that light on a hunting rifle. The Timney isn't as smooth as the Jewell but IMO is a lot nicer than factory and can be set at the right poundage for a hunting rig.

IMO the Shilen sits right in the middle of these. I've only had one but I really liked.

Terry
Originally Posted by Tejano
Is there anything like the original win70 type trigger available as an after market replacement? If I had my choice for a hunting rifle it wouldn't be any type inside a housing.

Same thoughts as others a jewel set for under 2lbs is one nice trigger.

I've a Rifle Basix installed in a M70 varmint rifle at the preference of a well known smith, over a Jewell.

BR and varmint rifles are a different ballgame than hunting rifles that many prefer 2+ pound pull weights on. Jewell offers nothing at these pull rates.
Your welcome!
Keep it coming.

I love this [bleep]...............
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
Go Timney if its a hunting rig, Mel Forbes did his homework well.

MtnHtr

The newer (last 3 years or so) 700 pattern Timneys are NOT the same as the older ones and not not as good. That said, they are at least reliable which a 3-lever Jewel really isn't. Maybe it's a regional thing, but I have had at least three hunters with Jewels on their customs that went belly-up mid hunt. The dust killed them. If you are a guy that cleans his trigger every night and wants a 12 oz break- knock yourself out. I set my triggers to 2 lbs and like the rebuilt 700s, Timneys and Rifle Basix better. I am going to try a Shilen on my next build.

I have seen a Jewel trigger quit after a 10 mile ride on a dirt road. This was a completely clean trigger when we left camp as it was the first day. We ended up hanging it in a tree and leaving it until we were done hunting for the day. Same thing happened to an A-bolt.
Originally Posted by FVA

I've a Rifle Basix installed in a M70 varmint rifle at the preference of a well known smith, over a Jewell.

The Rifle Basix is a modified version of the original design and is the easiest install also, it is an up-grade over the original.
The Timney and Jewell are complete re-design's that IMO the M70 need's to have a great trigger. Timney claims there trigger is a drop in, but I have found some fitting is almost always required. A significant up-grade.
I will admit that I only own 1 Jewell M70 trigger that took a couple hours on the milling machine to fit to the action and stock (most will need a gunsmith to do the install)but it is without question the best trigger for a M70 at what ever pull weight you choose under 3#
i don't own a rifle without a Jewell. But I'm told Neil Jones works some magic on factory M700 triggers.

ML
Originally Posted by FVA

The Rifle Basix is a modified version of the original design and is the easiest install also, it is an up-grade over the original.
The Timney and Jewell are complete re-design's that IMO the M70 need's to have a great trigger. Timney claims there trigger is a drop in, but I have found some fitting is almost always required. A significant up-grade.
I will admit that I only own 1 Jewell M70 trigger that took a couple hours on the milling machine to fit to the action and stock (most will need a gunsmith to do the install)but it is without question the best trigger for a M70 at what ever pull weight you choose under 3#

You ever experienced a RB professionally installed on a M70? The smith who recommended it over the Jewell had no issue with ease of installation of either and his name would be recognizable to most.

he would take issue with your statement,"it is without question the best trigger for a M70 at what ever pull weight you choose under 3#" as would I.
FVA, dont mean to offend you, but the Jewell is superior in EVERY way to a RB, if your gunsmith has you convinced otherwise, neither of you has tried the Jewell or know's how to tune it...if you need help PM me, the Timney is a better trigger than the RB.

getting bad advise from your smith
Jewell's are excellent triggers,but the timney is a great trigger and is not as fragile.
Jewell's are for targets that don't fight back and for games where you get credit for an alibi
Timney's are for all the others
Originally Posted by highridge1
Jewell's are excellent triggers,but the timney is a great trigger and is not as fragile.

And what do you base this on...conjecture?????
Originally Posted by 458Win
Jewell's are for targets that don't fight back and for games where you get credit for an alibi

Really...how much did you have to drink to come up with this gem of azzholetude,based on what?
Do you know who 458Win is ?

one of Big Sticks neighbors???
Well, not exactly. He's a straight shooter who guides in Alaska, an outdoor writer and spends more time afield in conditions that are extremely harsh. I respect his opinion on what works up there accordingly. If equipment is going to fail in harsh conditions, chances are he's seen it first hand. He's not a BS artist....far from it.

No he obviously doesn't!
Of course, 458Win has only been outfitting in Alaska for a mere 25-30 years, so his experience is pretty limited.

one of Big Sticks neighbors???

Are you one of my bastards?
Oh, I forgot to add something: I'm not an Alaskan Master Guide, but I do know a Jewell once broke on a prairie dog shoot in Wyoming. Or, rather, it broke when the guy was sighting in his rifle for a prairie dog shoot in Wyoming.

But then again, stuff happens, almost everywhere.
How does it feel to step on your dick?

Geeze

LC
His Jewell's were made on Wednesday.....
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Oh, I forgot to add something: I'm not an Alaskan Master Guide, but I do know a Jewell once broke on a prairie dog shoot in Wyoming. Or, rather, it broke when the guy was sighting in his rifle for a prairie dog shoot in Wyoming.

But then again, stuff happens, almost everywhere.

Yes, John, but in fairness to Jewell, those P-Dog hunts can be a grueling test of durability.
Yea, but should we trust someone that hunts so much they don't have time to read every issue of Shooting Times from cover to cover????
For the benefit of those screen berets like Rocksuck that haven't finished evolving from mud, I'll add "TIC".
Of course, 458Win has only been outfitting in Alaska for a mere 25-30 years, so his experience is pretty limited.

Yep, that Phil's a real dumbazz.........grins

I can't see ytf anyone would put a Jewell trigger on a dedicated huntin' rig, myself. It just doesn't make any sense to me, in a number of ways.............
managed to scrape the [bleep] of your shoes yet? laugh
Rifle Basix is where its at........

Thank me later.....
Rifle Basix does make very fine triggers.

Over the past decade, as hunters have become more "sophisticated" about their rifles, I have seen more triggers fail on expensive hunts than I have scopes.
Delicate elegance always comes at a price. When you are dealing with dangerous game it can be a pretty steep price.
We need another line to the old song

"You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't pizz in ol' Phil's beer."

Telling Phil that his opinions re rifle durability/reliability are groundless would have been like telling Cooper he didn't know handguns.
all joke aside where jewell shine is at very lite settings like well under a pound several other aare as good as a jewell at hunting weight (2# range) for less money harsh con. trigger for me would be jard i am thinking in the line of rem. 7-700
Originally Posted by 458Win

Really...how much did you have to drink to come up with this gem of azzholetude,based on what?

CF Classic..... cool

I gotta frame this one. grin

458 has likely killed more BG under tough field conditions than most have seen walking around....

This is very funny stuff.

I took a little time to check out some of rockchuck828's past posts. While this recent one is his all-time classic, he's no stranger to calling other Campfire members people stupid, with no real evidence supplied to support his reasoning. There's also precious little evidence of him doing much big game hunting, either, which may explain his user name.

Of course, he could be an Alaskan Master Guide, widely experienced Rocky Mountain elk outfitter, or grizzled African PH who's guided clients to 1000 Cape buffalo. But who knows?
It is definitely a "Campfire instant classic", John grin
Here's a good example of what MD is talking about, rockpuck's target was me, so that's concrete proof he's full of it:

This is perhap's the funniest post of all, a dumbfounded [bleep] thinking he has a clue of what is going on , when he has not read the entire post and what lead to it
Originally Posted by ldholton
all joke aside where jewell shine is at very lite settings like well under a pound several other aare as good as a jewell at hunting weight (2# range) for less money harsh con. trigger for me would be jard i am thinking in the line of rem. 7-700

Jard sells the guts that can replace the insides of a m700.
They work fine and hold up well.
I like Rifle Basic better.
Nicer trigger shoe.
dave
I took a little time to check out some of rockchuck828's past posts. While this recent one is his all-time classic, he's no stranger to calling other Campfire members people stupid, with no real evidence supplied to support his reasoning. There's also precious little evidence of him doing much big game hunting, either, which may explain his user name.

Of course, he could be an Alaskan Master Guide, widely experienced Rocky Mountain elk outfitter, or grizzled African PH who's guided clients to 1000 Cape buffalo. But who knows?

RC has been an asshat from the very first.

Once called me stupid for saying that stealing a chrono out of a car at the shooting range was not too smart!?!
i have only had 1 basix but had trouble with it was an 8oz to 1-1/2lb could not even get to 2 lbs consistantly maybe just got a bad one just my experiance. i can usually rework a factory 700 (old style aint got much use for the new ones ) do to 2 lbs quite easily my .02$ worth

Ray Atkinson posts under the name Rockchuck now??

wink
Well, all pizzing matches aside, I think this thread had helped me to decide to try a Jewell on a M700 varmint rifle I'm throwing together, but probably not on anything I might use for deer or elk. No big deal, I can stand a 2.5 to 3 pound trigger on a game rifle. And if the Jewell goes down, there's at least one other backup in the truck.
Originally Posted by nsaqam

RC has been an asshat from the very first.

Once called me stupid for saying that stealing a chrono out of a car at the shooting range was not too smart!?!

Your memory is not very good...you proved your stupidity with the Over Bore cartridge thread and I proved you wrong, you shat yourself and have been crying like a little girl ever since.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Here's a good example of what MD is talking about, rockpuck's target was me, so that's concrete proof he's full of it:

Like you are above reproach cry cry cry grin WOW that is funny!!!!!!!!!!

It does not bother me getting insulted by loser's like nsaqam, but it really hurt's coming from an over rated gun scribe frown dont know how I will get over it.
Yep, still a complete asshat.

And a stupid one at that.

Enjoy your miserable existence.
Just keep steppin on that Dick...................

LC

Well, it's good to see that you can recognize sarcasm and self-deprecation for what it is. Dumb-ass.

Originally Posted by nsaqam
Yep,i a complete asshat.

And a stupid one at that.

I obviously agree , put your dick back in your azz and go away and cry like the little girl that you are and complain somewhere else.
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Just keep steppin on that Dick...................

LC

You will have to show me the way Big Man, mine barely reaches past my knee's...would like to have someone else see your Vid and explain it to me and the laughter following eek eek

Well, it's good to see that you can recognize sarcasm and self-deprecation for what it is.

I do and yes you are a dumb-azz
You are a dumb azz. Love the "three pounds and under" qualifier. It is one thing to be wrong but another to be proud and belligerent about it.
Wow.....

Well, it's not surprising to see that you can't recognize sarcasm and self-deprecation for what it is.

Whut?

WOW - and Rick keeps asking me why I won't post on this forum more often
Mr. Shoemaker
Please don't mind the backround noise.
Just keep right on posting.

Thank you,

dave
+1
Keep posting 458Win. I like to hear from you.
© 24hourcampfire