GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rifle Basix is where its at........

Thank me later.....

and yes, I'm the man.............
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rifle Basix does make very fine triggers.

Over the past decade, as hunters have become more "sophisticated" about their rifles, I have seen more triggers fail on expensive hunts than I have scopes.
Delicate elegance always comes at a price. When you are dealing with dangerous game it can be a pretty steep price.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
We need another line to the old song

"You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't pizz in ol' Phil's beer."

Telling Phil that his opinions re rifle durability/reliability are groundless would have been like telling Cooper he didn't know handguns.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
all joke aside where jewell shine is at very lite settings like well under a pound several other aare as good as a jewell at hunting weight (2# range) for less money harsh con. trigger for me would be jard i am thinking in the line of rem. 7-700

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
Originally Posted by 458Win
Jewell's are for targets that don't fight back and for games where you get credit for an alibi
Timney's are for all the others

Really...how much did you have to drink to come up with this gem of azzholetude,based on what?

CF Classic..... cool

I gotta frame this one. grin

458 has likely killed more BG under tough field conditions than most have seen walking around....

This is very funny stuff.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I took a little time to check out some of rockchuck828's past posts. While this recent one is his all-time classic, he's no stranger to calling other Campfire members people stupid, with no real evidence supplied to support his reasoning. There's also precious little evidence of him doing much big game hunting, either, which may explain his user name.

Of course, he could be an Alaskan Master Guide, widely experienced Rocky Mountain elk outfitter, or grizzled African PH who's guided clients to 1000 Cape buffalo. But who knows?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is definitely a "Campfire instant classic", John grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here's a good example of what MD is talking about, rockpuck's target was me, so that's concrete proof he's full of it:

This is perhap's the funniest post of all, a dumbfounded [bleep] thinking he has a clue of what is going on , when he has not read the entire post and what lead to it

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
all joke aside where jewell shine is at very lite settings like well under a pound several other aare as good as a jewell at hunting weight (2# range) for less money harsh con. trigger for me would be jard i am thinking in the line of rem. 7-700

Jard sells the guts that can replace the insides of a m700.
They work fine and hold up well.
I like Rifle Basic better.
Nicer trigger shoe.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I took a little time to check out some of rockchuck828's past posts. While this recent one is his all-time classic, he's no stranger to calling other Campfire members people stupid, with no real evidence supplied to support his reasoning. There's also precious little evidence of him doing much big game hunting, either, which may explain his user name.

Of course, he could be an Alaskan Master Guide, widely experienced Rocky Mountain elk outfitter, or grizzled African PH who's guided clients to 1000 Cape buffalo. But who knows?

RC has been an asshat from the very first.

Once called me stupid for saying that stealing a chrono out of a car at the shooting range was not too smart!?!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
i have only had 1 basix but had trouble with it was an 8oz to 1-1/2lb could not even get to 2 lbs consistantly maybe just got a bad one just my experiance. i can usually rework a factory 700 (old style aint got much use for the new ones ) do to 2 lbs quite easily my .02$ worth

Last edited by ldholton; 02/05/11.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Ray Atkinson posts under the name Rockchuck now??

wink

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, all pizzing matches aside, I think this thread had helped me to decide to try a Jewell on a M700 varmint rifle I'm throwing together, but probably not on anything I might use for deer or elk. No big deal, I can stand a 2.5 to 3 pound trigger on a game rifle. And if the Jewell goes down, there's at least one other backup in the truck.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by nsaqam

RC has been an asshat from the very first.

Once called me stupid for saying that stealing a chrono out of a car at the shooting range was not too smart!?!

Your memory is not very good...you proved your stupidity with the Over Bore cartridge thread and I proved you wrong, you shat yourself and have been crying like a little girl ever since.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Here's a good example of what MD is talking about, rockpuck's target was me, so that's concrete proof he's full of it:

Like you are above reproach cry cry cry grin WOW that is funny!!!!!!!!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

It does not bother me getting insulted by loser's like nsaqam, but it really hurt's coming from an over rated gun scribe frown dont know how I will get over it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, still a complete asshat.

And a stupid one at that.

Enjoy your miserable existence.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just keep steppin on that Dick...................

LC

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Like you are above reproach cry cry cry grin WOW that is funny!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's good to see that you can recognize sarcasm and self-deprecation for what it is. Dumb-ass.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.