Home
Posted By: RTSJ Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
Show em to me. Custom or semi custom!

Roy
Posted By: mistem Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
Super lite T3 in Sako Classic Edge with Bryd /Talleys and 3.5X10X40 Leupold...in 30-06 Sprg......weighing in at 6 lbs 9 ozs

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
I like the fluting on those Super Lites!
Posted By: slg888 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
Trickin' out a Tikka is like Trickin' out a Toyota Yaris.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
Originally Posted by slg888

Or an old Plymouth Duster..................LOL!!!
Posted By: efw Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
Originally Posted by slg888

Yeah it makes way more sense to pimp a model 700 crazy .

That T3 Lite is awesome Mistem. A rifle like that make it hard for you to live up to your name in the field? grin
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
Not for me guys, calm down!! A LH buddy has a one and it is a real shooter. Consistent 1/2 moa. Wanted to find out what he could do to make it a semi custom. Doesn't have the money for a full custom so I told him I would post for some pics.

Roy
Manners makes a VERY nice stock for the Tikka T3!!!
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
I've got a Tikka T3 Lite 300 WSM my dad bought me a couple of years ago that I'd like to have some work done on. I was thinking a new stock (B&C), flute the bolt and a new bolt shroud.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/19/13
Companies are taking note about the popularity of Tikkas. Lots of aftermarket goodies like bolts, mag systems and stocks on the market now.

Mine in a B&C stock. Currently have a McMillan Edge on order, and swapped out the Aimpoint rings for some TPS. I like this stock, but I am just trying to get it lighter.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Companies are taking note about the popularity of Tikkas. Lots of aftermarket goodies like bolts, mag systems and stocks on the market now.

Mine in a B&C stock. Currently have a McMillan Edge on order, and swapped out the Aimpoint rings for some TPS. I like this stock, but I am just trying to get it lighter.

[Linked Image]

Dogcatcher. What options r there in mag boxes? Any extended ones?

Roy
The factory mags are either 3 or 5 round. I think there are a couple other companies making them including AICS. They make new bottom metal and mags but only for 308 based cartridges I believe.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/11...hable-box-magazine-tikka-t3-short-action
My buddy has the 300 short mag and wants to seat the bullets out deeper and can't find a way to do it.

Roy
He could get a factory long action mag, and remove the short bolt stop and swap it with a long bolt stop.
From snipershide:

http://forum.snipershide.com/sniper...les-inc-lh-tikka-t3-build-more-pics.html
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
I'm liking the vortex bolt fluting, looks right with the action angles..

[Linked Image]
Damnation....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
Originally Posted by 16bore

[Linked Image]

That looks great! I really like that Vortex fluting!
Posted By: jt402 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
What is the point? Are not Tikkas already ugly, are light, and usually shoot rather well?

Perhaps they could use a paint job. The polymers used in the magazines seem to be really tough. Jack
It pisses off the haters........
Posted By: jt402 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
OK by me! Jack
Posted By: BlackDog1 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
Not everyone's cup of tea but it shoots in the ones, a T-3 22-250 HB Varmint, Sterk titanium bolt shroud, Delta Tactical bolt handle, GRS stock.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Greenback Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13

Please give the details about that tikka! Looks awesome!
Posted By: TC1 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
Damnation....
[Linked Image]

Agreed! I like that.
Aint mine, follow the link from 300's post at the hide. I thought it was too good not to have on this thread. Chad's stuff is badass wish I had one. Same goes for the vortex fluting, some other dude at the hide
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
BD, that is a wicked rig!

Eric
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13
yukonal has some badazzz Tikkas too. Maybe he'll show up.
Posted By: Kilimanjaro Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/13

[Linked Image]

I dig this!! Would love this just as is in a .223 or 220 Swift!
Posted By: blargon Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/21/13
I only have a small number of rifles that I wish I had kept. This Tikka 595 SS is one of them. McMillan Sako Hunter stock, aluminum shroud, featherweight contoured barrel. Shot ridiculously well all the time...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mistem Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Manners makes a VERY nice stock for the Tikka T3!!!

Post a couple ....pictures,please.
I may switch to the Manner...customer service from Mcmillan sucks big time frown
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
Originally Posted by BlackDog1
Not everyone's cup of tea but it shoots in the ones, a T-3 22-250 HB Varmint, Sterk titanium bolt shroud, Delta Tactical bolt handle, GRS stock.

[Linked Image]

I love that rifle. I've had it in my hands a few times. It's pretty bad azz, just doesn't fit a southpaw very well though frown grin
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
This isn't that all tricked out, but it's a Tikka T3 Lite .243 Win with a Hinterland Shooting Supplies (Australia) aftermarket bolt shroud and bolt handle. It took me about 30 min to put it together (I'm mechanically inept). I also installed a Limbsaver recoil pad.

I'm using DNZ Game Reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6 2-12x50 TDS.

This is how it was shooting on its first day out yesterday. No scope adjustment whatsoever after mounting and bore sighting. It really likes 95 gr. Fusions.

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
Eric, how do you like that bolt handle? Do you think it's a little too big? That's my only concern with them.

BTW don't think you're going to get much better than that.
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
01Foreman, I just installed it moments ago. I'll let you know but I think I'm going to like it. It clears the scope easily and should make cycling faster/more positive. Plus it's tacti-cool. lol. The rifle was shooting multiple loads very well. I had a near 10-shot MOA group but I flung one just outside when I was getting a little cocky.

Eric
Thanks.
Originally Posted by EricM
01Foreman, I just installed it moments ago. I'll let you know but I think I'm going to like it. It clears the scope easily and should make cycling faster/more positive. Plus it's tacti-cool. lol. The rifle was shooting multiple loads very well. I had a near 10-shot MOA group but I flung one just outside when I was getting a little cocky.

Eric

Eric, I shoot sub moa 10 shot groups with my Ruger m77 .223 wink...That's a good shooting tikka though...
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

The OEM stock does pretty well but can clearly be improved. I went with the BC and like it but it does seem a bit heavy. I would love to spring for a manners some day but it is hard to justify, I seriously doubt there is anything I could do to my tikka to allow it to perform any better in the field.
Posted By: BlackDog1 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
Great shooting and your rifle looks great Eric! IME, The Hinterland or Delta Tactical handles make bolt cycling quicker and more positive. I sure like mine. As an alternative, Beretta does sell a bolt handle add-on that makes the bolt knob larger and easier to grip.
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

The OEM stock does pretty well but can clearly be improved. I went with the BC and like it but it does seem a bit heavy. I would love to spring for a manners some day but it is hard to justify, I seriously doubt there is anything I could do to my tikka to allow it to perform any better in the field.

I like how the B&C stock adds a little weight. My 300 WSM T3 is right on the edge of uncomfortable to shoot.
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
Love mine. Its not pimped out, just a stock stainless 243 with talley mounts and a 3-9 Conquest. Worked up a 80gr barnes load for it that will put 3 touching. Shot an old buck last week at about 90 yds. Dropped in his tracks.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BlackDog1 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BlackDog1

[Linked Image]

I love that rifle. I've had it in my hands a few times. It's pretty bad azz, just doesn't fit a southpaw very well though frown grin

Thanks guys, they make'em for lefties too.......Uh Hmmm.... wait a second....aren't your pre's all right handed ?????? whistle laugh
Yeah, but that bad hummer is really set up for a righty whistle
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
anyone have a line on one of the aluminum shrouds? Everywhere I look is Out of stock
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/13
I have no pictures, but my Tikka T3 stainless 30-06 is a pure tack driver shooting Sierra 150 BTSP Gamekings over 52.0 grains of IMR-4064!
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Here's one of several customs that I've built on Tikka T3 actions. Just plain FUN to shoot. 400 is a gimme.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Very nice in all regards, no denying that....
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
I agree, some great examples here!!

BSA, your 223 sounds like a winner! Yukon, very impressive shooting!!

Originally Posted by Phoneman
anyone have a line on one of the aluminum shrouds? Everywhere I look is Out of stock

I bought mine on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181221228027. Shipped from Australia.

Eric
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
the worst thing about tikka is beretta is in charge of them. What a terrible company for customer service. I have owned 3 tikkas and all of them have shot .5 moa on the first outting to the range, in fact I have a 30-06 that averaged .5moa with 4 different bullets and 3 different powders. thats the great thing about tikkas is they just shoot everything well. Its really too bad they don't offer a 6.5-284 in a varmint weight barrel or a 7 mag in a varmint barrel.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Rizzy is the color, but no more from down under. Tricked Talley's and 20 minutes with a soldering iron on the stock.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
I agree, some great examples here!!

BSA, your 223 sounds like a winner! Yukon, very impressive shooting!!

I bought mine on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181221228027. Shipped from Australia.

Eric

It's not too bad buddy. When I get tired of bedding and tinkering, I'll probably go the Tikka route wink...Until then, I'll just keep shooting my model 70's and Ruger M77's...I've had the pleasure of handling a few Tikka's at the store and blackdog1's and they are damn nice shooting machines. You guys have some nice Tikka's. My Ruger m77's and Win model 70's take a lot of work to make them shoot like a Tikka ;):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These groups were shot right after installing a new scope on the .223...
Posted By: BlackDog1 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13

Did you contact Tikka Performance in Montana ? Last time I talked to Greg he said had them coming in. Hinterland is good to go and Sterk in Australia mills them out of titanium......
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Nice shootin' BSA and 16Bore! Something to aspire to! cool

Eric
Posted By: jhopkins Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13

http://gladesarmory.com/home/33/tikka-t3-cnc-machined-aluminum-shroud-black.html

Also there is a guy in Canada that makes them too and his are the ones that I have on my rifles, they look like the ones from Glade. His name is Ben and here is his contact info:
[email protected].
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Thanks fellas
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Love me some Tikkas......nice shootin' fellas!

BTW, does the wind ever blow where you guys shoot????? smile
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
FYI, there are aluminum shrouds and bolt handles all over ebay.
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Damnation....
[Linked Image]

Dang, that looks good!
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/23/13
Only thing that sucks is ROI........
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/24/13
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Love me some Tikkas......nice shootin' fellas!

BTW, does the wind ever blow where you guys shoot????? smile

.460 BC helps to tame it a bit...
Posted By: Killertraylor Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/24/13
This isn't that all tricked out, but it's a Tikka T3 Lite .243 Win with a Hinterland Shooting Supplies (Australia) aftermarket bolt shroud and bolt handle. It took me about 30 min to put it together (I'm mechanically inept). I also installed a Limbsaver recoil pad.

I'm using DNZ Game Reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6 2-12x50 TDS.

This is how it was shooting on its first day out yesterday. No scope adjustment whatsoever after mounting and bore sighting. It really likes 95 gr. Fusions.

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice, Eric! My first .243 was a Tikka and I still have it. If you are bringing that one in a few weeks we should feed it some of my 85 grain tsx hand loads and see how it likes them. I can always load you up a few boxes if it shoots them as good as mine does.
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/24/13
Thanks, Joe! I'm amazed at how well this factory rifle shoots! It's incredible for the price. I'm bringing it to WY and would love to try the 85 gr tsx handloads out. Who knows, maybe I can beat a quarter inch. lol.

Eric
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/24/13
Thanks, Joe! I'm amazed at how well this factory rifle shoots! It's incredible for the price. I'm bringing it to WY and would love to try the 85 gr tsx handloads out. Who knows, maybe I can beat a quarter inch. lol.

Eric

There are a lot of customs that don't shoot that good.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/24/13
my step father was at my house the other day and was checking out an M700 of mine. He is not a gun guy but noted how smooth the action felt. I then handed him a tikka and he was amazed at the difference.
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/29/13
Yesterday I ordered a B&C stock olive with black web from Stockys. Just place an order with Hinterland for the aluminum bolt shroud. Gonna call Kampfeld tomorrow about fluting the bolt.
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/30/13
Wicked combination, Foreman. You'll have to post some pics when it's all up and done!

Eric
Posted By: Tikka260 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/30/13
Posted these previously, but here you go for the thread.

[Linked Image]

M695 rebarrelled in 275Rigby

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M595 in .260

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scooter700 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/03/13
Tikka260, Now those are two classy rifles!!
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/03/13
Tikka260 those are sweet!
Posted By: jhopkins Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/07/13
My T3 in 6.5 Creedmoor.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by yukonal
Here's one of several customs that I've built on Tikka T3 actions. Just plain FUN to shoot. 400 is a gimme.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I think I asked before, but how long is that barrel? Standard A3 stock? Factory bottom metal?
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/09/13
While not really tricked out, here is my LH T3 in 270 wsm. The stock is an MPI that I finished. I also had a stainless steel recoil lug made that I permanently attached to the stock using devcon titanium. The factory aluminum lug was already getting dinged up. This is my poor mans Rifles INC Strata! It weighs right at 7 lbs

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/05/14
Here is a Tikka T3 Lite in the rare 6.5x55 SE caliber. I bought it from Setterman here recently. The barrel was blasted with aluminum oxide to provide a nice matte finish. The stock was cerakoted olive drab with black webbing. For optics I'm using DNZ game reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6i 2-12x50 TDS.

I took the rifle to the range today shooting 120 gr BTs, TSX, TTSX, and 140 gr NPs, ABs, Amax, and Fusions. I'd hunt with any of these rounds but the 120 BTs really hammered. This group was shot while a Bubba was rapid firing his .308 win next to me. smile

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/05/14
Kampfeld helped this one along!! Still thinking about a Micky of some sort or trying a Manners but does great as is.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/05/14
Here is a Tikka T3 Lite in the rare 6.5x55 SE caliber. I bought it from Setterman here recently. The barrel was blasted with aluminum oxide to provide a nice matte finish. The stock was cerakoted olive drab with black webbing. For optics I'm using DNZ game reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6i 2-12x50 TDS.

I took the rifle to the range today shooting 120 gr BTs, TSX, TTSX, and 140 gr NPs, ABs, Amax, and Fusions. I'd hunt with any of these rounds but the 120 BTs really hammered. This group was shot while a Bubba was rapid firing his .308 win next to me. smile

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice rifle buddy. Looks like another awesome shooter you got there..
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/05/14
Thanks, BSA. I can't wait to hunt it!

Eric
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/09/14
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I think I asked before, but how long is that barrel? Standard A3 stock? Factory bottom metal?

26", and yes, factory dbm. Standard Micky A3.
Posted By: Tennessee Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/09/14
I sold this last year but here is my old .300 Whisp-out..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tennessee Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/09/14
One I will never sell, 6.5x55 in Mcmillan Sako Classic Edge.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pacecars Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/10/14
It is not tricked out and a really it isn't in my hands yet but I will soon have my first Tikka. Hopefullly I will keeping long enough to trick it out. It is a stainless .25-06 in the black laminated stock. The plan is to have the bolt and barrel fluted and an aluminum shroud. I have a Leopold matte finish 6x42 scope that will go on it in the factory rings for now until I find better rings.
Posted By: RobJordan Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/10/14
Originally Posted by Tennessee
One I will never sell, 6.5x55 in Mcmillan Sako Classic Edge.

[Linked Image]

Tennessee:

How much does she weigh? Nice looking rig.

Jordan
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/10/14
How do you aim that stick? wink Nice.

Jerred, what chambering? Nice work.

Eric, who did your cerakote?
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/10/14
Eddie Fosnaugh did the cerakote. I think it turned out well!

Eric
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/11/14
Posted By: Tennessee Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/11/14
RobJ, I never weighed the rifle before I put optics on it. It has a nice heavy illuminated Conquest Duralyt on it now and I really like it.

It is still a very light rifle and very pointable. The LOP is just a bit shorter than factory and I really like that also.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/13/14
Jerrad, like to hear range report, expect its diet just makes it a tad tougher for sub half inch bench work.

Erik, yes very nice work. TN - nice set up, right sized glass.
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/16/14
How about another .284 WIN? My latest...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/16/14
How about another .284 WIN? My latest...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Oh, I LIKE that rifle. cool cool

One question. Did you have to do anything special to the action or magazines to get the .284 case to feed?
No. They both feed flawlessly.

I built them both using the long bolt stop, and long magazines.
Posted By: darrenk75b Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/16/14
Al, do you happen to have a pic of the bottom metal inlet? I'd love to see how the factory bottom metal fits into the stock
Here is the stock inlet. Maybe you are asking for a pic of my bottom "metal" installed in the stock?

[Linked Image]

Out of the 5 McMillans I have Tikka's sitting into, 2 of them are perfect, 2 of them have the "metal" proud, and one is very close to being right. I don't have a pic of this particular one with bottom "metal" installed.

I re-inlet all of them and bed the bottom metal anyway, so they all end up looking pretty good.
Posted By: HogWild Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/16/14
Do they have long, med, and short action? If so, what is the max length cartridge that will fit in the medium and short actions?
Thanks Al. I was mostly curious about how "proud" the metal is. I have a Manners EH1 on order, and they dislike when people spec a factory bottom metal due to the fact it doesn't sit flush
Originally Posted by HogWild
Do they have long, med, and short action? If so, what is the max length cartridge that will fit in the medium and short actions?

Actions are all the same length. The difference is in the bolt face, bolt stop and magazines
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/16/14
No. They both feed flawlessly.

I built them both using the long bolt stop, and long magazines.

Thanks for the information. You have set me to thinking about a 6-284. smile
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/17/14
Originally Posted by darrenk75b
Thanks Al. I was mostly curious about how "proud" the metal is. I have a Manners EH1 on order, and they dislike when people spec a factory bottom metal due to the fact it doesn't sit flush

I don't get that! I don't understand why McM and Manners can't get the inlet right...after all, the inlet is copied on a CNC machine. I can tell you one thing. I haven't put one together yet, on a McMillan, that popped the magazine out properly, after dropping the barreled action into the stock. I've had to shim up the front action screw, or solve the problem by opening the inlet and bedding the bottom metal. Then the magazine loads and releases properly.

Something is off a little with their inlet.

Maybe I need to let them know... wink
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/17/14
I had a fun day at the range today with my T3 Lite 6.5x55. The BTs are still the clear winner, but the Tikka did well with all loads. The 156 gr Oryx shows real promise as the first three were plugged into .25" before I made a grip adjustment and lost it. The 120 TTSX can also be worked on, obviously. The barrel was starting to heat up here so I'm not sure if that caused the stringing, or something I did.

Gotta love these Tikkas!

Eric

120 gr BTs......... .19"
140 gr AMAX...... .32"
140 gr NP........... .55"
120 gr TTSX....... .94" (5 shot)
156 gr Oryx....... .94" (5 shot)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/17/14
Probably the barrel heating up. Nice shooting though buddy..."You can be my wingman anytime".. laugh
Thanks, BSA. laugh The 120 TTSX began with the upper left shot and trailed down, one step at a time. Next time I'll have to start with a cool barrel and see how it compares.

Eric
Could have been your breathing or grip change, but more likely the barrel getting hot. I like those Tikka's. I was asking a guy about 1 in the classifieds and haven't heard back from him. I was thinking about buying myself a birthday present, but if the homo doesn't want to answer a question in the classifieds, he can keep it..
You could do what I did with the 243 and buy one straight up. The new cost is pretty darn cheap.

Eric
I really think I'm going to go "all out" if I do buy one and just get a lefty stainless super light in 6.5x55 wink
BSA, sadly they don't make a Super Lite in a 6.5x55. But I've seen more lefty T3 Lites in this caliber on GB than right handed models, which are like finding a unicorn.

If I find one I'll drop you a PM!

Eric
I'm patient, I'll wait laugh ..Thanks buddy!!
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/25/14
Here's a 708, with a #3 Lilja(at 22"), in a McMillan Sako Classic(Brown w/Black Speckles).
It hammers with 120 NBT's...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/25/14
Al, you have some sweet Tikkas.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/25/14
Al - 9 ROT? Is a 3 Lilja like a 2 Bart?

Nice T3
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/25/14
Sweet build Al! Did you bed that rifle with your recoil lug or the factory lug? How is McM doing on the T3 inletting these days?
Posted By: SLM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/25/14
Here's a 708, with a #3 Lilja(at 22"), in a McMillan Sako Classic(Brown w/Black Speckles).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I really like that.
Lilja barreled T3 in 6mm Remington:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/25/14
It's a 9 twist, and yes, I have my custom recoil lug installed. I bedded it into Devcon 10110. I haven't worked with the factory lug yet, but I have all the equiptment and pillars ready to go. Soon, very soon.

Mac, you got a factory Lam stock? You dog, you! grin Sweet rifle.

Since we all like to see targets, here's three from the first day I went from a 1-3/4" high zero at 100 yards, out to the 600 yard range. The first target is at 100. I've got the 120 NBT's smoking over 3,000 fps. For a [lighter] weight rifle, this one really impresses me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/25/14
Originally Posted by Tikka260
Posted these previously, but here you go for the thread.

[Linked Image]

M695 rebarrelled in 275Rigby

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M595 in .260

[Linked Image]

I couldn't agree more. The top blued model is eye catching and classy. All nice rigs fellas
YukonAl,

Yep, it actually came from a .300 win T3. Swapped stocks and put it on the 6mm. It's quite a pretty stock for a laminate. Almost looks like green camo in the field.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/26/14
Al, waiting on Swampman to tell you his stock 700 is THE BEST in the WORLD...LOL.

Nice shooting, nice T3s guys.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/26/14
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Lilja barreled T3 in 6mm Remington:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I Love That Rifle. cool cool
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/26/14

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I Love That Rifle too. cool cool
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/26/14
I've really had good luck with Lilja barrels. And I had this one in my hands in less than 12 weeks. grin

The cut, fit, chamber, crown was 3 days. grin I have my own reamer I had Kiff build using one of my dummy rounds, set up for 140 AB's.

The McMillan, however, was over 7 months... shocked
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/27/14
Does the bottom metal still hang out of the stock?
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/27/14
No. As I stated someplace up above, I clean up the bottom metal inlet and bed the bottom metal with devcon. It looks right when I'm done with it. wink
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/11/14
Here's another 7MM-08.
Kreiger #4-1/2 stainless
McMillan Sako Varmint
My Custom Recoil Lug, and pillar bedded.
Set up for 140 AccuBombs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And, yep, this one shoots too.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/11/14
Here's another 7MM-08.
Kreiger #4-1/2 stainless
McMillan Sako Varmint
My Custom Recoil Lug, and pillar bedded.
Set up for 140 AccuBombs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And, yep, this one shoots too.

Another beauty that I love cool cool
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/11/14
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/11/14
Did you mount that?

The scope! What did you think I was talking about?
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/11/14
^ Tikka groupies!
Posted By: Tanner Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/11/14
Looks badass! Bet there isn't even any big bucks on the mountain in the background...

Tanner
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
Had Karl do another one up for me, My new 204 I was lucky enough to find this winter!!! Match's my 243 that I had him do. This one was stainless had I spirl fluted and flutes blackened.Scope is VX-2 3-9x40 with CDS Factory rings for now
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yum! You have fine tastes! cool

Eric
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14

Bone stock Tikka. This was made decades before the plastikkas of today...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Had Karl do another one up for me, My new 204 I was lucky enough to find this winter!!! Match's my 243 that I had him do. This one was stainless had I spirl fluted and flutes blackened.Scope is VX-2 3-9x40 with CDS Factory rings for now
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jerrad that one turned out awesome.
Posted By: southwind Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
338 win mag
[Linked Image]
Posted By: darrenk75b Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
Tikka 223 1:8 Varmint
Manners EH1 with standard fill
Atalasworx DBM, knob and shroud (this DBM fits perfectly into the CDI inlet)
EGW Rail
Burris tac rings
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 with MOA-2 reticle
I added the camo splotches with Duracoat
Oh - ignore the cheap bipod. Only on there for the photo op

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
Dang it, thinking I need my bolt fluted now. Nice guns!
Check this out!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
1:8 twisted 260 will be king....
My 6.5x55 is an 8 twist, and it shoots everything. Shooting 123's just to keep the velocity up a bit.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/14
Tikka 223 1:8 Varmint
Manners EH1 with standard fill
Atalasworx DBM, knob and shroud (this DBM fits perfectly into the CDI inlet)
EGW Rail
Burris tac rings
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 with MOA-2 reticle
I added the camo splotches with Duracoat
Oh - ignore the cheap bipod. Only on there for the photo op

[Linked Image]

That looks really good Darren, good job on the stock!
I like his table decorations better than his wife's, haha.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/17/14
Actually got a decent morning and got to shoot the new 204 as usual shot good as usual. I only shot some 40gr but I tend to use the 32gr more often so will see what it does with them.

After looking for a dang tikka 204 for a year or so and member on here finding one for me I found 2 more today!!! May keep one and sell one will see!! Too fun to play with!
Posted By: southwind Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/18/14
Check this out!

[Linked Image]

The trick is getting Beretta usa to import them. They have the worst customer service or ear to shooters desires.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/24/14
My first "tricked" Tikka - T3 Lite .223 1-8" twist. Had to have a few things added, really like the new bolt knob - its just right:)
Now just need to get a scope on it & shoot!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
Looks great, Frank! Is that Kampfeld ti bolt fluting? What bolt knob are you using?

Eric
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
Ditto, I like that middle knob. I have the carbon one, but it seems a little too big.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
Looks great, Frank! Is that Kampfeld ti bolt fluting? What bolt knob are you using?

Eric

Yup, Ti style bolt flute by Karl, that's also his "Campfire" knob. I like it!
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
Did he cerakote the flutes? Who painted the stock what color was used I need to do that to one of mine. Stock looks great.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
Did he cerakote the flutes? Who painted the stock what color was used I need to do that to one of mine. Stock looks great.

Flutes are Cerakoted graphite black and the stock he painted olive base & black web.
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
Thanks that gun looks real good
Posted By: EricM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
Nice work and setup, Frank! I might have to get the bolt fluting done on mine. Love the look!

Eric
Posted By: cuttingducks Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/25/14
not if you have an older M695. They are heavy have a stainelss synth in .270 with talleys 22" barrel and no scope almost 9lbs. Accurate though. I am partial to light guns so may just sell.
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/07/14
Tikka T3 Lite 300 WSM
B&C Stock
Aluminum Bolt Shroud
Bolt Spiral Fluted by Kampfeld Customs

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/07/14
Looks great 01Foreman, that Karl knows how to bling it up a bit!
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 06/09/14
I just got my first manners stock. I bought one for my tikka 243 I really like the feel and looks of it it is one of the ultralite ones. It dropped in perfect I also really like the texture around the fore end and palm area. I'll try and get a few pics up
Posted By: ColdCase1984 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/30/14
Reanimated!

Just got word my CTR .260 finally came in at LGS. Stoked.

Was about to cancel the order and buy a Silencerco Harvester and get my LTR .308 threaded. Now I gotta figure out what to sell to get the Harvester.

The new gun is now gonna be primary for 1st Colorado Elk Rifle hunt if all goes as planned.

Gonna go through this thread for inspiration and try to find Mackay's similar Tikka thread on here, too.

He had a similar one on Sniper's Hide but think they just flushed everything and started over...
Posted By: swag Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/31/14
I just got my first manners stock. I bought one for my tikka 243 I really like the feel and looks of it it is one of the ultralite ones. It dropped in perfect I also really like the texture around the fore end and palm area. I'll try and get a few pics up

+1 for pics!
Posted By: RenoH414 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/31/14
Some very nice looking rifles in this thread!! It gives a guy a few good ideas.

Jerrad I would love to see pics. I have a couple other manners EH-3's and love them. I think they do a great job on their stocks.

Reno
Posted By: Shodd Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/31/14
[quote=varmintsinc]I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

My gunsmith said exactly the same thing but what would he know he only machines parts for NASA. grin

Just as a comparison to get a Rem 700 action trued by a gunsmith is a minimum of $600.

When building a custom the tikka offers a lot of value right out of the gate.

Shod

Posted By: jhopkins Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/31/14
When I had 6.5 Creedmoor built my smith only had to do minor work to get the lugs to make full contact.
What I don't understand is a lot complaining about the action being one length, but then most will say to built a short action caliber on a long action to set the bullets out further. Also complaints about the trigger guard and magazines could fail, but I have never read anything or seen pics showing a actually failure with either, but everyone loves Pmags. I have had two bolt shrouds crack but that is my only issue out of several T3's.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/31/14
The mags, shroud, and bottom plastic are a non issue, but easy pickins for the haters.
Painted factory stock and Zeiss HD5:

[Linked Image]

Had it in a Mcmillan mcwoody stock with a minox�but did not like it too much.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/31/14
The mags, shroud, and bottom plastic are a non issue

I'll not trash this thread nor pic a fight here. Nor even offer another word.

BUT. I find it very odd when somebody says he has cracked 2 plastic bolt shrouds, and then another tells him it's a non-issue.

Just sayin'.

Please continue. 2MG out........
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/31/14
The shrouds are nothing more than dust covers and do absolutely nothing but hide the ass. Take yours apart and you'll see.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/01/14
[Linked Image]not_this_shit_again by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr
Posted By: Shodd Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/02/14
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

I'll not trash this thread nor pic a fight here. Nor even offer another word.

Must be all out of coffee? grin

Shod smile
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/02/14
Bumping this thread.

Just picked up a SS T3 in 243, and would like to have a little fun with it.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/03/14
Funny I was just reviewing it- again. Prob get Karl to flute my bolt and
may Paint stock, also do the solder iron on the checkering.

Oregon, who's handle is that above?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/03/14
I'm tagging this thread so I can find my T3 photos and get them up. There are some really good looking rifles shown here. Thanks to all.
Posted By: Tennessee Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/03/14
7mm08, barrel cut to 19.25 and threaded 5-8/24 with a pressed on shoulder to seat the supressor against. Tungsten grey Cerakote. It is in a Manners stock now but I don't have a photo.

[Linked Image]

close up of muzzle..
[Linked Image]
Another bad pic of my .300 Whisper

[Linked Image]

T3 Tactical .308 rattle-can paint job.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: shortside Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/03/14
tag
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/04/14
Just picked up a SS T3 in 7mm08. Im getting 16bore to mill me a set of Talleys. I hope it shoots as good as most of these do. Some fine rifles posted in this thread.
Posted By: turkish Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/05/14
I have a hankering to replace my walnut stock with a T3 Lite stock, paint it McMillan brown and put a red Pachmayr recoil pad on it. I've always loved that look (alot like the McSwirly above) and the Tikka is the best candidate presently.

Can anyone confirm that the Pachmayr can be put on the Lite stock? Can I drill holes in the stock to match up with the Pachmayr holes?
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/05/14
Well you can swap out with a limbsaver really easy. Don't know on the pachmayr? I actually don't mind the synthetic stocks they come with myself. I did pick up a manners that I like and can swap amongst all my tikkas if wanted which is nice.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/05/14
Jerrad,

How do like the Manners? Is it the Elite Hunter? Looks like a great stock.

I received my McM Edge Sako Hunter about 3 months ago. Really like it but strongly considered the Manners.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/05/14
Originally Posted by MCT3
Jerrad,

How do like the Manners? Is it the Elite Hunter? Looks like a great stock.

I received my McM Edge Sako Hunter about 3 months ago. Really like it but strongly considered the Manners.

[Linked Image]

Very nice stock!! Yeah it's an elite hunter I picked up on the group buy last winter. I really like it. I absolutely like the grip the use. I got mcmillian to do it once but it's an extra I think on most now.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/05/14
Excellent. Would be great to see some pics of that Manners stock when you get a chance.
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/07/14
Fluting and coating by Twisted Barrel.Stock by Bell & Carlson. 100yd group of day in day out Speer 160s.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/07/14
Otter that is nice
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/07/14
Nice shooting. Wow, that looks sharp!
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/07/14
I can't believe fellas waste so much time and money messing with overpriced foreign budget rifles made out of plastic parts. grin

Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/07/14
I think I may need a 7 mag I got a tikka in 7mm-08
Posted By: drover Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/07/14
I can't believe fellas waste so much time and money messing with overpriced foreign budget rifles made out of plastic parts. grin

Let's see -

Bolt handles don't fall off - check.

Extractors work - check.

Triggers are easy to adjust are not under numerous recalls - check.

Guaranteed to shoot sub one-inch 3 shot groups - check.

Shoot well out of the box without having to "fix" things - check.

Darned if I know either - Grin.

drover
Those are all Internet rumors, just like the groups......

That 7mag group is pretty sick. Too bad it came out of a $4,000 custom rig.

Thanks fellas. The T3 7 mag shot everything well. From 140gr to 175 anyway. Retumbo and 7828 seemed to be king. I picked up 500 160gr Mag Tips for a great price and tried them for giggles. They just flat a$$ shoot out of this thing. 175gr Hornadys over 69gr of Retumbo are sweet as well. I wish I could swing a McWoody for her,but just can't find the cash for one yet. The B&C will have to do for now.
I wouldn't touch a thing on that rig, 'cept maybe send the rings to Pop. Hell, I'd be afraid to unbolt them....
I've been thinking about having the rings done. They would be perfect for height afterward.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/10/14
Originally Posted by Otter6
Fluting and coating by Twisted Barrel.Stock by Bell & Carlson. 100yd group of day in day out Speer 160s.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dang I see multiple issues with this rifle and that group

1. I don't own it
2. I don't own it
3. I don['t own it

LOL
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/11/14
Don't despair oldelkhunter. Guns rotate in and out of here pretty regularly,lol. One never knows.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/11/14
Don't despair oldelkhunter. Guns rotate in and out of here pretty regularly,lol. One never knows.

I actually have one in 270 win with the b&C but the bolt is not as pretty and it shoots like a crazy SOB. I just wish I had yours in 7 rm mag
Posted By: Shodd Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/12/14
Originally Posted by drover

Let's see -

Bolt handles don't fall off - check.

Extractors work - check.

Triggers are easy to adjust are not under numerous recalls - check.

Guaranteed to shoot sub one-inch 3 shot groups - check.

Shoot well out of the box without having to "fix" things - check.

Darned if I know either - Grin.

drover

Non of this stuff has anything to do with why you should buy a rifle.... ..or so I've been told! laugh

The tikka is a dependable, straight shooting, POS don't you know! grin

In light of these facts I've been thinking about a Manners or Bell@Carlson stock for my 270 tikka. And maybe some of those machined Talley's from 16 bore. laugh

Shod
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/15/14
I got my 7mm08 done for now. Thinking about fluting the bolt and adding a campfire style bolt knob. The custom talleys came out nice. I may paint the stock later.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/16/14
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats the all up weight?
Posted By: BradS Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/20/14
Hey fellas, getting started on a .300WM SuperLite build and this thread has me intrigued. Obviously I am new to the site and still finding my way around so I apologize if there is a better thread to address these questions.

I like the look of those custom Talley rings. Where are you all getting them done? Looks like 16bore is the one to contact? More importantly, can anyone confirm that there would be clearance with a Swaro Z3 or Z5 50mm scope?

Second, I have seen (I think on this site) where people have modified the stock with a soldering iron to add some grip texture. I can find videos on Stippling but that is just using a fine point to make tons of tiny holes. Are there any other techniques out there or How To threads/videos?

This is the image I am thinking of that was posted some 4 years ago...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/20/14
Originally Posted by gitem_12
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whats the all up weight?

8.3 lbs with 4 of her favorite 160gr handloads on board.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/21/14
Originally Posted by BradS
Hey fellas, getting started on a .300WM SuperLite build and this thread has me intrigued. Obviously I am new to the site and still finding my way around so I apologize if there is a better thread to address these questions.

I like the look of those custom Talley rings. Where are you all getting them done? Looks like 16bore is the one to contact? More importantly, can anyone confirm that there would be clearance with a Swaro Z3 or Z5 50mm scope?

Second, I have seen (I think on this site) where people have modified the stock with a soldering iron to add some grip texture. I can find videos on Stippling but that is just using a fine point to make tons of tiny holes. Are there any other techniques out there or How To threads/videos?

This is the image I am thinking of that was posted some 4 years ago...

[Linked Image]

I would like that on mine as well. that's a good look.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/21/14
You can test out the stippling on something else thats plastic, but the "melt rate" will be a little different. If that makes sense. There's a gillion ways you can do it once you get and idea of what happens when you apply the tip to the stock. Also the shape of the tip will make a difference. One warming is a pointed tip going deep will somewhat "perferate" the stock.

As for the rings, will the scope sit in the ones from the factory? The Lows modified will put the tube .412 off the receiver.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/22/14
Thanks 16Bore. That's good info. I have no experience with soldering irons so some practice on "other" items will certainly be a good idea.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/30/14
up
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
Here is a couple pics of my Manners EHT. Kampfeld flutes and cerekote job
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
Pretty sweet! Love the flute work. Was this a stainless or blued rifle in the beginning?
Posted By: SLM Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
Here is a couple pics of my Manners EHT. Kampfeld flutes and cerekote job
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do you have any pics of the bottom of the stock? Curious if it's as square as the SL.

Thanks.

Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
That stock is wicked...
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
Looks like the stock drops down enough in front of the trigger guard so that the magazine no longer protrudes.
This one was a blued one. I did a couple stainless ones the same and had the flutes blackened. I kinda like this one best. The others are sharp though

I'll work on a picture or two of the bottom side this weekend
Posted By: Walter_Sobchak Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
You just had the factory barrel fluted or is that a custom tube? I really like that stock.
Just the factory tube
Posted By: Swamplord Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]

Tikka T3 Lite stainless in 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser
(soon to be rechambered to 6.5 Wolf Killer)
Manners Elite Hunter
Vortex Viper PST 2.5~10X44 EBR~1 Illuminated reticle with sunshade and Butler Creek scope caps
Talley bases/rings
5 rnd mag full with 140 gr ammo

8 lbs 1.5 oz
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/02/15
Those Manner's stocks look great! I'm getting ready to put together a varmint rig in a McM stock with this steel bottom metal that accepts factory mags (just waiting on the rifle to arrive). It was one of 2 prototypes that a machinist built for his personal T3 rifle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What it looked like on his 300 WM
He could sell the heck outta those if he wanted! Looks good
Posted By: kswaterfowl Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/03/15
I would buy one
Posted By: Birddogcatfish Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/03/15
Does that guy ever sell any of that bottom metal?
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/03/15
I haven't communicated with him since last year. He stated at that time that he might do some more in the future. I'll see if I can get in touch with him. He works in a small shop and spent many hours on reverse engineering and machining the first two.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/03/15
Looks like a project for a 3d printer
Posted By: bharvey Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/04/15
Those Manner's stocks look great! I'm getting ready to put together a varmint rig in a McM stock with this steel bottom metal that accepts factory mags (just waiting on the rifle to arrive). It was one of 2 prototypes that a machinist built for his personal T3 rifle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What it looked like on his 300 WM

I'd be in for 6 if he would make them.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/04/15
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Looks like a project for a 3d printer

Or 16 Bore's dad!
Posted By: ScottyO Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/04/15
Wow...I'd sure like to buy a couple of those...ScottyO.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/04/15
I spoke with him today. He would be willing to make more but needs to look into the business legality of producing them on a larger scale plus he works in a small machine shop and isn't sure the kind of volume he could handle.

He's going to look into these matters and will let me know something in the next week or 2.

At the very least, he would consider making a deal with a bigger shop/company for the programs he used to produce the 1st two protypes for his personal use. I'm going to get in touch with Al(Yukonal)about this. 16Bore's dad may have an interest as well.

We'll see where this goes.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/04/15
I predict he will sell every last one he can make .
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/08/15
I'd be in for 5.
Posted By: Birddogcatfish Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/08/15
Let me know please
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/08/15
I believe Tikka Performance has a similar product in the works, FYI...
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/09/15
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Tikka T3 Lite stainless in 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser
(soon to be rechambered to 6.5 Wolf Killer)

Blasphemy! Keep the Swede, especially since a stainless swede is rare.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/10/15
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
I believe Tikka Performance has a similar product in the works, FYI...

I think you may be right. Hopefully, someone will have something available this year.

I just finished putting this 223 Varmint rifle together. The metal BM is really nice.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/01/15
This one in 308 now wears a can and a super sniper Mil/MilQ 10X.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/01/15
Great looking Tikka David! Is that a McM A3-5 stock? Bet it's a tack driver.
Yes mcm a3-5

Just getting around to shooting it today.
Shot it today with the can. Honest 1/2 in her at 100 yards. Momma was banging steel with alarming regularity out to 440 ( all this range had to offer).
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/02/15
Great stuff! That's a sweet rig. My T3 varmint 223 now wears an SWFA 10x Mil/MilQ scope as well. I really like that scope.
Posted By: Wilfong9 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/04/15
I'm in for 3 of the bottom metals if they can get this done!
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/04/15
I contacted him and he looked into it but ultimately decided that he couldn't swing it.
I did speak with Jason at Tikkaperformance and the good news is they are going to start producing an anodized aluminum BM that accepts factory mags. Should be out this year.
Posted By: KH1473 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/04/15
If they can do it without an exorbitant price tag, they'll have a hit
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/04/15
For that money, the AICS mod is worth the effort.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/05/15
My 270 Win bedded in a B&C. Scope is at Leupold getting M1 installed currently.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/05/15
This is my T3 hunter in 260. Stock is the factory take-off from the 270. Sanded off the Euro look and rattle-canned it. Still have the original wood. Really likes 125 NPTs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/05/15
Alutek makes a bottom metal that accepts factory magazines.

http://www.alutek.eu/iframe-products.html
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/05/15
$1 = 8,33 SEK

And by shipping overseas, I belive VAT is excluded, so 1500 SEK/8,33 = $180 give or take.
Posted By: kyhunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/07/15
Tikka 595 Master Sporter .308 Win is what the birth certificate says, but it has undergone some changes. McMillan Sako Varmint Stock, Optilock Rings/Bases, Ziess Conquest 4.5x14x44 SF Rapid Z, and with some help from the 'fire a factory 3 rnd magazine and extra 5 rnd mag.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/13/15
You wouldn't still have the master Sporter stock would you?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/13/15
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
This is my T3 hunter in 260. Stock is the factory take-off from the 270. Sanded off the Euro look and rattle-canned it. Still have the original wood. Really likes 125 NPTs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Awesome!! I love rifles that like Nosler partitions..
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/22/15
up
Posted By: BMT Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/23/15
[Linked Image]

2-7 redfield
18" tube
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/23/15
A leftie?
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/24/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMT Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/24/15
Originally Posted by David_Walter
A leftie?

yup
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/25/15
Thanks. Looks like this now.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: shortside Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 05/27/15
Some sweet Tikka rifles on here! I sure like mine. I need to work them over some to keep up!
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 06/07/15
SWFA is my new favorite on this thing. Switched to the 10XMQ and its a ball...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 06/07/15
Another 10x SS on a Tikka.... Sniper Grey with Sniper Green Cerakote....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jhopkins Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 06/08/15
Has anyone been using the new Bell & Carlson M40 stock? I just got mine last week but haven't been able to get out to the range with it yet.
Posted By: Iclimb Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 08/31/15
7mag shoots .490 including cold bore w/ 168 berger--modified talley's--holland qd brake--grind to fit limbsaver--kudu dip w/ grit finish--1.75lb trigger--7.5lb as pictured.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

EDIT: T3 Super light
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 08/31/15
That'll work! Nice shooting too.
That is SWEET!

That is all the rifle one would ever need in Idaho.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/04/15
[Linked Image]

Tikka T3 Lite Stainless
35 Whelen (.270 WIN bored out by JES)
Zeiss Conquest 4x32mm scope
Hunter Edge / Sako Classic
Paint Olive w/Black & Tan
6'14" with Zeiss Scope
Posted By: jhopkins Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/04/15
Nice rifle. I have never heard of a barrel being bored out, why not just rebarrel?
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/04/15
I believe it's about 1/2 the cost.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/04/15
It was around $275 including shipping better yet JES turned it around in 3 weeks including shipping.
Posted By: Iclimb Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/08/15
Anyone know a small time type guy who could flute a couple t3 bolts? I know the "major players" but I was hoping for a quicker turn around.
Posted By: tarheelpwr Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/08/15
Originally Posted by Iclimb
Anyone know a small time type guy who could flute a couple t3 bolts? I know the "major players" but I was hoping for a quicker turn around.

I use DarkEagle Customs for most of my work. He specializes in Savages, but I'm sure he could flute a bolt for you. Not sure the turnaround right now, but small like that should be reasonable.

email inc PM
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/10/15
Does anyone know of a supplier for replacement plastic bottom metal to actual Metal bottom metal that accepts the factory magazines? I found Atlas has em for $150 but that seems steep. Don't really want to go the AICS magazine route.
Posted By: jhopkins Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/10/15
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Does anyone know of a supplier for replacement plastic bottom metal to actual Metal bottom metal that accepts the factory magazines? I found Atlas has em for $150 but that seems steep. Don't really want to go the AICS magazine route.

I can't remember the manufacturer but you can find them on Ebay.
Posted By: jhopkins Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/10/15
Atlas Worx International
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Machine...-Guard-/281782815419?hash=item419b908abb
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/10/15
Thanks, don't know how I missed that.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/13/15
How about flush- mounted mags like a Cooper? That bump on the bottom is the worst feature to my eyes.
Posted By: RGK Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/04/15
Just got my T3 lefty in .223. What an awesome rifle. I haven't touched it, except to mount a Meopta scope in Warne rings. It's shooting factory Win Power Point 64 grain as well as Barnes 55 grain TSX into 3/4". No need for bedding. I'll be adding an aluminum triggerguard and bolt shroud to replace the factory plastic and have Karl do his bolt fluting. Might have to add a Campfire knob as well. Maybe a paint-job, too. This will be a fun project.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/05/15
Nice looking rifle RGK. How do you like the Meopta glass?
Posted By: RGK Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/05/15
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
Nice looking rifle RGK. How do you like the Meopta glass?

Thanks! I love the Meopta stuff. Bright and clear, with a slightly heavier duplex than Leupold. About like the American-assembled Zeiss Conquests. This one (3.5-10x44mm) was on sale at CameraLand for $299.00 shipped. Great deal.
Bob
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/08/15
Figured time to kick this back to the top. Still need to get it scoped but here it is so far. Superlite 7MM-08 in a Hunters Edge stock, really like it so far. 5 lbs 10 ozs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: STS45 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/08/15
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Figured time to kick this back to the top. Still need to get it scoped but here it is so far. Superlite 7MM-08 in a Hunters Edge stock, really like it so far. 5 lbs 10 ozs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice. Did you bed it?
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/08/15
Not yet but I will. Seems to have some stress in the bottom metal when I tighten everything up, the mag release & mag stick a bit.
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/09/15
Does anybody know if the CTR and Varmint barrel profiles are the same?

Just shorter for the CTR?
Posted By: darrenk75b Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/09/15
Nice Frank. I can dig that one. The Mcmillan stock comes with a steel lug, doesn't it?
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/09/15
Nice Frank. I can dig that one. The Mcmillan stock comes with a steel lug, doesn't it?

Thanks Darren & yes it does come with a new steel recoil lug already in it.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/09/15
Good looking rifle Frank. I really like those edge stocks on the Tikkas
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/12/15
Which stock maker has the highest comb for a Tikka T3??
(I usually have trouble with cheek weld on rifles.)

But, also comes with a recoil lug for it.

The Bell & Carlson, seems to have a high comb. Perhaps highter then the McMillan Edge as well.

What about Hightech stocks?
Posted By: KClark Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 11/29/15
Originally Posted by Northman

The Bell & Carlson, seems to have a high comb. Perhaps highter then the McMillan Edge as well.

Have been wondering this as well.
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/06/15
Oregon: is it possbile to see a photo with the bolt full open?

I am really torn between the McMillan Edge, and a Bell & Carlson, due to its drop of comb.
Posted By: StrayDog Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/11/15

Thanks Darren & yes it does come with a new steel recoil lug already in it.
Good to know, and it looks good too.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/11/15
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Another 10x SS on a Tikka.... Sniper Grey with Sniper Green Cerakote....

[Linked Image]

Dogshooter,

I saw that you have no more 700s. Have you replaced them all with Tikkas? I should probably try one some day to see what all the fuss is about...

John
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/11/15
Hell, the one pictured ain't even mine..... that'n is Em's. Ive got a Montana and a couple RARs in the kitty too..... but no more 700s.

Even though there are no 700 actions around..... it looks like King Kong ate a half-dozen Remingtons.... then took a schitt on my workbench. There's Rem 700 mag boxes and bottom metal and followers and scope bases and stocks and action screws over the freaking place.
Posted By: REDVANES Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/29/15

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Can you post some of your other T3 customs?
WOuld like to see some more.
Thanks!
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/29/15
Tikkaperformance has T3 OEM BM listed on their site. https://tikkaperformance.com/tikka-t3-bottom-metal. Not sure I like the aesthetics of the enlarged trigger guard.
Posted By: yukonal Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/05/16
Originally Posted by REDVANES

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Can you post some of your other T3 customs?
WOuld like to see some more.
Thanks!

Vanes, If you go back to the beginning and start scrolling, I think there are at least 3 others. A couple 708's and another 284. All different builds for different purposes.
Posted By: annieW7 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/14/16
Bump
Posted By: TDN Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/15/16
Originally Posted by KClark

Have been wondering this as well.

Check out the Sako Hunter pattern McMillan, it has a higher comb than either of those and will inlet for T3 and even do EDGE fill
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/15/16

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think this one is my favorite. Love the Edge. What glass will go on top?
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/15/16
And who made the shifter?
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/15/16
And while we're talking about your Edge, how's the bottom metal fit? I thought folks were having some issue with them hanging out a little..
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/16/16
And while we're talking about your Edge, how's the bottom metal fit? I thought folks were having some issue with them hanging out a little..

Sorry - just revisited this post. Will have a VX3 on it by next week. The bolt knob was done by Karl Feldkamp. Its his "Campfire" knob just like the ones he does on a 700.

Bottom metal fit is fine, did have to mess a bit with it though. It doesn't stick out, but when you tightened the action screws the mag box stuck a little so had to bed it, appeared to be flexing maybe?? Not sure, overall I like it a lot though.
Posted By: tipmover Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/16/16
Thought I'd contribute to this great thread.
Nothing too fancy...
7 Rem Mag SL
B & C Stock
16 Bores modified Talley rings
Titanium bolt handle
Bolt Fluting by Longrifles
Zeiss 4.5-14 x 50

[Linked Image]]
[Linked Image]]
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/19/16
Ok, so finally got everything put together - bedding took a bit longer than expected but pretty happy with everything. Might need to change out the DNZ's though for the modified Talley Lwt's. The DNZ look a little clunky on this rifle IMHO. Balance is nice though, sure hope it shoots:)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/19/16
Ok, so finally got everything put together - bedding took a bit longer than expected but pretty happy with everything. Might need to change out the DNZ's though for the modified Talley Lwt's. The DNZ look a little clunky on this rifle IMHO. Balance is nice though, sure hope it shoots:)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Damn that's nice! Have you weighed it yet?
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/20/16
Originally Posted by huntsonora

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Damn that's nice! Have you weighed it yet?

Rifle only is 5 lbs 11 ozs, with scope & rings its 6 lbs 12 ozs so not bad. Could maybe shave a bit by going to the Talleys., the DNZ are a bit heavier but not much.
Posted By: GregW Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/20/16
That's what mine weighs all up exactly..
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/20/16
Good looking rig.
Posted By: mnimrod45 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/21/16
Question for you guys who have done it. I am looking at getting a Tikka and putting it in a McMillan Sako Classic stock. Are you guys bedding them or just bolting them in and torquing them in the pillars? Ideally I know bedding would be best but with the pillars don't know if it's necessary.

Also, I'm probably going to get an other 300 Win Mag. I know most guys are trying to make them as light as possible and I understand that. I don't want it heavy because I do a lot of hiking when hunting but I don't want a 6 lb 300 mag either. I haven't decided on the T3 or T3 light because of this yet. How much do the factory synthetic stocks and wood stocks weigh? When I replace it with the McMillan I want to have a rough idea of what my final weight would be. I will likely get another in 7mm-08 eventually and make that one as light as possible.

Thanks in advance,

mnimrod45
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/22/16
Here's mine:

300 wsm, muzzle brake, b&c stock, trigger at 2 pounds, talley ringmounts, vortex diamondback hp 3-12x42...

Shoots 180 accubonds at 3050 fps into 1" 200 yard groups...don't know bout exact weight but it the lightest big game rifle I own.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: STS45 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/23/16
Not really all that custom, but like all Tikka's shoots tiny little groups. Had the stock dipped, added 16bore's modified Talleys and a Leupold 6x42 with M1 turret. Makes for a damn fine combo that is easy on the wallet and outshoots most of my custom rifles.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/23/16
6 pack of 75 A-Max. Mod was a royal pain in the ass. Got too greedy with OAL on the first try. Kissing the lands at 2.440 and a little room to spare. Feeds like a baby on a tit...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dasher Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/23/16
22-243 AI 8 twist Bartlien

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/24/16
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ihookem Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/24/16
Just a question on the Tikka thread. My 18 yr old son has a Tikka T3 light in .279 Win. I like the gun but kicks like a mule. Anyway, I hear of it not doing so good with heavy loads. Something deforms inside the gun. Any truth to this?
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
Originally Posted by ihookem
I hear of it not doing so good with heavy loads. Something deforms inside the gun. Any truth to this?

No....

As far as recoil goes..... I hate the .270, but a $30 pre-fit Limbsaver would help quite a bit.... as does use of low rings rather than the factory supplied rings.

Drew..... that Sweede is bad ass my friend...
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
Lotsa reduced recoil 270 ammo around.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16

All my reduced recoil .270 rounds say" .260 Rem " on the headstamp.... and fling 123s...
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
[Linked Image]

Nice! Manners? If so, which model?
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
Just a question on the Tikka thread. My 18 yr old son has a Tikka T3 light in .279 Win. I like the gun but kicks like a mule. Anyway, I hear of it not doing so good with heavy loads. Something deforms inside the gun. Any truth to this?

Some people question the strength of the factory suppied aluminum recoil lug that is mounted in the stock. But it has not been an issue thus far in my .300 win. mag and I am sure it kicks more then a .270.
P.s. a couple of firms offer steel replacements if it bothers you.

All my reduced recoil .270 rounds say" .260 Rem " on the headstamp.... and fling 123s...

He might have a little headspace issue and need reconstructive surgery, but I'm with ya. Almost seems you can step down just about anything anymore. 270 is more a light 7mag if done right.

But I'm almost out 108's and its onto 123 Scenarville again.

I'm probably the only mug that wants a .277 150gr Scenar though...
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
[Linked Image]

Thanks. Its actually a mcmillan gamescout.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
[quote=Dogshooter][quote=16bore]

I'd more than likely buy a few to try also!!!
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
[Linked Image]

Thanks. Its actually a mcmillan gamescout.

I like that setup. Looks great!
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
Is there an issue with McMillan stocks and the bottom metal on the Tikkas?

David
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
I have a couple. One if I tighten front screw down real tight the mag sticks. I took that same stock and put on another tikka rifle and no problem. I suppose if you didn't want to bed the stock a washer between stock and bottom (plastic) you'd have no issues
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
My bottom metal fit fine. I bedded It though just because im anal.
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/25/16
Thanks for the responses. I've been considering a Tikka. If I buy, it will stay factory for a while, but a McMillan will probably be in it's future at some point if I like it....

One more question - What are the magazine constraints for long action standard cartridges?

David
[quote=Dogshooter][quote=16bore]

I'd more than likely buy a few to try also!!!

Hoping Hornady will do an ELD-X too. Anything over 150gr over a .500 BC would do it. And Bergers belong in buns...
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/26/16

One if I tighten front screw down real tight the mag sticks. I took that same stock and put on another tikka rifle and no problem.

I've owned several T3's over the years and played stock swap many a time (factory, B&C, McM) and I've seen this issue multiple times where the mag sticks after tightening one BA into a particular stock but same stock on another Tikka T3 rifle (same torque)fits the stock better with no problems.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/26/16

One if I tighten front screw down real tight the mag sticks. I took that same stock and put on another tikka rifle and no problem.

I've owned several T3's over the years and played stock swap many a time (factory, B&C, McM) and I've seen this issue multiple times where the mag sticks after tightening one BA into a particular stock but same stock on another Tikka T3 rifle (same torque)fits the stock better with no problems.

I just had that same problem with the SL 7MM-08 I put in the Hunters Edge. When I tightened up the front screw the mag would get stuck. Had it bedded so now its fine.
Posted By: scotts94_z28 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/26/16
Just ordered a T3 lite 30-06 and Manners EH-T stock to play with while my custom 30-06 is being built. Its possible the Tikka will be going with me to Newfoundland for Moose in October depending on when the custom is complete
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/26/16
Sounds like the McMillan inlet is still a little questionable. At least from a drop in stand point.
I also suspect that there is enough T3 action dimensional variance that not all stocks inletted for a T3 drop in fit will do so with every T3 barreld action. I've seen it too many times, where a stock fits one T3 BA perfectly but a different T3 BA has issues with the same stock.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/26/16
It'd be interesting to see where the difference was/is since they all drop into the OEM stock.
It'd be interesting to see where the difference was/is since they all drop into the OEM stock.

True, but I've seen this issue with OEM stocks as well, particularly switching from polymer to wood stocks or even changing wood stocks. I've never taken measurements but don't really have any precision instruments to look at that sort of thing.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/26/16
Mcmillans are fine, they fit tikkas like they fit any other model. Bedding bottom metal is a simple job.
Posted By: scotts94_z28 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/08/16
Tikka T3 Lite 30-06 SS
Manners EH-T GAP Camo
Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 CDS Wind-Plex

Going to work up some loads with the 168 gr TTSX and 180 AB.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Weight with a 1" Montana Sling and four 180 gr rounds

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/08/16
"Work up some loads." Too funny. In Tikkanese, that means "insert magazine"

dig the stock...
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/11/16
Really like the Manners.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/14/16
I hear of it not doing so good with heavy loads. Something deforms inside the gun. Any truth to this?

No....

As far as recoil goes..... I hate the .270, but a $30 pre-fit Limbsaver would help quite a bit.... as does use of low rings rather than the factory supplied rings.

Drew..... that Sweede is bad ass my friend...

X2!
Posted By: GAGE Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/16/16
Here is mine...
B&C Stock that was dipped by Tarjac
Talley Rings w/ Zeiss
Bolt Shroud and Handle from Glades Armory
Bolt Fluting by Kampfeld

Attached picture IMG_2052(2).JPG
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/22/16
Tag
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 05/01/16
Heres my finished T3 in 260. Started life as a blued hunter. I think is the last iteration for this gun. I'm happy with it.

Aluminum shroud polished, B&C dark Gray/Black web, Tungsten Cerakote. I'm liking this gun. The fact it likes 125 partitions makes it all the more betta.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 05/14/16
It's not really tricked out but it's pretty tricked out if you know what I'm sayin...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kingston Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 05/14/16
Again, that stock is sick. What did I you end up dropping in it? 260? 280AI?
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 05/14/16
It's not really tricked out but it's pretty tricked out if you know what I'm sayin...

[Linked Image]

That looks awesome!!!
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 05/14/16
Originally Posted by kingston
Again, that stock is sick. What did I you end up dropping in it? 260? 280AI?

1-8 twist 223 Superlite that I already had
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: erickg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/18/16
[Linked Image]

T3 superlight .223
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/02/16
Originally Posted by erickg
[Linked Image]

T3 superlight .223

Details man, that is nice!
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/03/16

[Linked Image]

What's the story on that stock Drummond? Quite interesting!
Posted By: Dasher Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/08/16
Here's a few T3X we just finished.

2 of them are 223 AIs
22-250
243 AI

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: STS45 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/08/16
What all did you do to them?
Posted By: Dasher Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/08/16
We removed barrels from 3 of them and turned a couple of threads off then rechambered. Threaded muzzles, recrowned, resprung triggers, new bolt handles and knobs, floated barrels, cerakoted BA's, rings and stocks. Then we mounted the rings and lapped them. Also added thread protectors. Mounted scopes and broke them in. Ready for coyotes. smile
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/09/16
.223, 7mm-08, .30-06

[Linked Image]

Blue Lightning

[Linked Image]

7mm-08, my main shootin' iron

[Linked Image]

7mm-08, prior to the B&C stock

[Linked Image]

.30-06 prior to bolt fluting

[Linked Image]

P

Posted By: RGK Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/09/16
Who did the paint on your factory stocks? Mucho nice!
Bob
Posted By: STS45 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/10/16
Originally Posted by RGK
Who did the paint on your factory stocks? Mucho nice!
Bob

And the bolt fluting.
Posted By: nick54 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/11/16
Speaking of tricked out, has anyone done a 280 ackley on a tikka?
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/12/16

[Linked Image]

Do you hit them in the head with that dognut bolt knob?
300 WM:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Averaged .68 with a hunting load.

Here are 3 shots at a shade over 600 yards, under 3 inches:

[Linked Image]

And a cow from 2 weeks ago:

[Linked Image]

Posted By: rovert Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 12/18/16
Not custom, but I've made a few changes:

[Linked Image]

T3X Lite Stainless 300 WM
Atlas Worx bottom metal
SSHD 3-9x42 in DNZs
Boyds laminate

The stock still needs to get some grip. I think it will be stippling in the shape of the factory checkering.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/03/17
This guy for the bolts:

http://proprecisionrifles.com

P

Posted By: d500lnn Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/03/17
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
Originally Posted by varmintsinc

I like how the B&C stock adds a little weight. My 300 WSM T3 is right on the edge of uncomfortable to shoot.

I don't care for the ergonomics and feel of B&C stock DD. Just get the Sako Hunter McBros stock and get magnum fill. Problem solved and that stock is amazing hunting stock
Posted By: vacrt2002 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/03/17

[Linked Image]

6.5 Swede mcmillan edge upgrades to plastic parts.

Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/04/17
Weight?
Posted By: STS45 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/04/17
What overall weights are you guys getting with the B&C stocks?
Posted By: RGK Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/06/17
Just got this one back from forum member JohnBoy, who did a pretty awesome paint job ($55.00, including return shipping). I think this Tikka (T3 .223) is now complete; I replaced all the plastic parts, put a new stainless steel recoil lug in and added a Meopta scope in Warne mounts. A very slight trigger adjustment for weight and I'm happy.
Bob

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigJ Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/17
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/17
Great thread. Just got to looking at the Manners EHT and EHTA for Tikka.

Anyone gone that direction and had anything less than success?
Posted By: False_Cast Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/17
bigJ, specs and smith?
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/12/17
Great thread. Just got to looking at the Manners EHT and EHTA for Tikka.

Anyone gone that direction and had anything less than success?

I have a Manners EHT on my 243 and like it, I have a couple McMillian edges on two Tikkas and really like them also.
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/18/17
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

6,5x55

Schmidt & Bender 10x42 PM2

Waiting on Atlas bipod.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/19/17
LH 300 Win. Mag. Factory barrel. McMillan Swirly with Mag fill weight. Pillar bedded. Mountain tactical shroud, bottom metal, hardened stainless screws
[Linked Image]

LH 280 Ackley. Started as a 30-06. Douglas 25" barrel. Matches factory contour to end of stock. McMillan Swirly, standard fill weight, pillar bedded. Mountain tactical shroud, bottom metal, hardened stainless screws
[Linked Image]

This one is still in process. This is a LH 243. Blowout sale from Whittakers. For now it is staying in the factory stock, but doing all the same Mountain Tactical additions as above. Added a Limbsaver just for the correct LOP, and it just feels better than a chunk of tire. Just waiting on the bottom metal to get back in stock and shipped. This picture shows the Mountain Tactical pineapple bolt handle, which I have on all three now. I didn't have the bolt handles changed on the others when I took the pictures. The Tikka plastic oversize knobs work O.K., but $55 for a large plastic marble isn't really that great.
[Linked Image]

All of these are wearing Warne medium rings. Top 2 are 30mm Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS Windplex. 243 is a 1" VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS Windplex. 300 Mag. shoots the 175 LRX. 145 LRX in the 280 Ackley. I have a bunch of various loads in the 243, but my go to hunting load is the 80 gn. TTSX.

People will pay for the "throw away" OEM parts from new Tikkas. I sold all the OEM stuff: $75 for the factory plastic bottom "metal", $20 for the factory Torx screws, $30 for the aluminum scope rings, $30 for the sling swivels, $30 for the factory plastic shroud, $30 for the factory bolt handle, $5 for the little sticker that comes in the box. Helps cover the aftermarket upgrades.
Posted By: MasterBlaster Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/19/17
Northman, KenMi, nice set-up's!

How was the inletting in your McMillans? Did your barreled actions and bottom metal drop right in or did you have to do some additional fitting? Thanks.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/19/17
I didnt have any issues with the Mountain Tactical metal working without adjusting anything. I cranked these much tighter than can be done with the factory plastic. Before I got the metal for the first one I had to kinda fiddle with the factory plastic bottom metal tightening. I was able to tighten them up good, but in a certain sequence. Barely tighten both, then snug one, then the other. Or the plastic would shift enough to bind the magazine or not let it click in.

By the way, color patterns:
45% dark green, 30% black, 25% medium gray

280 Ai
45% olive, 30% black, 25% medium gray
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/19/17
Mine had to be enlarged on the right side of the barrel, at the front end.
Posted By: Lazrbeam Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/22/17

There are a lot of nice rifles in this thread.
You guys are going to cost me more money.

Posted By: Otter6 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by rovert
Not custom, but I've made a few changes:

[Linked Image]

T3X Lite Stainless 300 WM
Atlas Worx bottom metal
SSHD 3-9x42 in DNZs
Boyds laminate

The stock still needs to get some grip. I think it will be stippling in the shape of the factory checkering.

I like that. How did the stock fit the barreled action out of the box? Did you bed it?
Posted By: Dasher Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/22/17
Just got this one finished last weekend. 20-250 Tikka tuned T3x. trigger resprung, Bartlein 1x9 tw, steel bedded in a McMillan classic, cerakoted McMillan gray. Also, custom bolt handle and knob.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MasterBlaster Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by Dasher
Just got this one finished last weekend. 20-250 Tikka tuned T3x. trigger resprung, Bartlein 1x9 tw, steel bedded in a McMillan classic, cerakoted McMillan gray. Also, custom bolt handle and knob.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's very nice. What contour Bartlein? Did you do the work on it?
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/23/17
Nice rig Dasher.
Posted By: Dasher Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 03/23/17
Thanks guys! Yes, I did the work on it. I think it's a #3. It's been sitting awhile.
Just deciding the scope now. thinking a VX6 3-18.
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 04/15/17
Just placed an order for a Hunters Edge. Hopefully it fits without any modifications.

Also got a couple of more goodies as well.

[Linked Image]

As it sits now.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/18/18
Not a single 2018 Tricked Out Tikka

Think we could get this as a sticky?

Post up anything you've done this year. Lots of new Tikka stuff has come out, would enjoy seeing new creations.
Posted By: bigJ Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/18
I posted mine last year but later deleted the pics accidentally when cleaning up my account. So here it is again...
Since then I added stainless action screws, killed a deer with it and have decided to repaint the stock this winter - not feeling the speckles anymore. frown
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/18
Nice rifle. What stock is that?
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/20/18
Mine may have been on this thread - not sure as I cleaned up my imgur account - but I am bored at work so here ya go...

T2X CTR 24", 6.5 creed, McMillan Edge Game Hunter Stock, Warne Mountain Tech 34mm rings, NF ATACR F1 4-16X42 MIL-R.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/21/18

Wildcat here in Canada is now making stocks for T3s. Good stocks and light. I'm pretty sure that is the maker.

http://wildcatcomposites.com/productinfo.html
Posted By: bigJ Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/21/18

Sorry for the delay, Paul is right - it's a wildcat. I had them add some solids to accommodate the new Remington style recoil lug and with a decelerator recoil pad (minus the steel insert), studs,pillars, paint and bedding I think it came in at right around 20oz. If you don't add solids but run it the way it was intended, you should be right around 19oz.

Posted By: SuperCub Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/21/18
Originally Posted by bigJ

Sorry for the delay, Paul is right - it's a wildcat. I had them add some solids to accommodate the new Remington style recoil lug and with a decelerator recoil pad (minus the steel insert), studs,pillars, paint and bedding I think it came in at right around 20oz. If you don't add solids but run it the way it was intended, you should be right around 19oz.

What was that one chambered in?
Posted By: bigJ Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/22/18
30-06
Posted By: RHutch Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/26/18
A chop, thread, dip and MT bottom metal...otherwise a stock 6.5Creed.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 01/31/19
Bumping for more tricked out tikkas.
Posted By: Rhettsker Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/01/19
Originally Posted by RHutch

[Linked Image]

Love that rifle RHutch. Probably has my old nightforce scope on it:)
R
Posted By: beretzs Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/01/19
Not really tricked out, just put a Sako Classic EDGE on my 6.5 CM..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/01/19
Originally Posted by beretzs
Not really tricked out, just put a Sako Classic EDGE on my 6.5 CM..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice Ruger 77'S.. Wondering why you left the front sportsmatch hanging over the ejection port? I noticed your Warne's were not like that..
Posted By: beretzs Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/01/19
Thanks BSA. That’s the 280 and 17 WSM... I do keep a couple Rugers kicking around.
Posted By: Northman Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/02/19

Nice Ruger 77'S.. Wondering why you left the front sportsmatch hanging over the ejection port? I noticed your Warne's were not like that..

Probably using the recoil lug on the front ring.

When I get the time, I´ll have my smith drill a hole on the rear brigde on mine, so there won´t be any overhang on the ejection port.
There is no issues with functionality.. just looks.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/02/19

Probably using the recoil lug on the front ring.

When I get the time, I´ll have my smith drill a hole on the rear brigde on mine, so there won´t be any overhang on the ejection port.
There is no issues with functionality.. just looks.

Bingo...

Northman nailed it. Functions fine though.
Posted By: turkish Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by RHutch

[Linked Image]

Perfect. What barrel length and was a thread adapter required?
Posted By: ChetAF Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/02/19
Are any of the different brands of alloy bottom metal better than the others? I am thinking of ordering a set of the Atlasworx BM, along with a bolt stop and pillar/screw kit.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/03/19
Originally Posted by ChetAF
Are any of the different brands of alloy bottom metal better than the others? I am thinking of ordering a set of the Atlasworx BM, along with a bolt stop and pillar/screw kit.

Does it allow longer seating Chet?

Been looking at a 223 Tikka but I’d like to be able to run some 75 ELDs.
Posted By: ChetAF Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/03/19
The longer bolt stop will allow you to run a long action magazine. As far as the bottom metal, I think the only real advantage is being able to torque the action screws tighter, and not being plastic.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/03/19
In my T3X Varmint 223 I’m using the mountain tactical bottom metal and their 223 mag which allows an OAL of 2.60”
Posted By: beretzs Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 02/03/19
Gotcha. Makes sense.
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 08/16/19
Started this thread 6 yrs ago and finally got my first Tikka. Starting to Trick her out! 6.5 Creed, Mesa Precision carbon fiber stock, boot fluted by LRI, YoDave trigger spring. Getting a PVA Jet Blast brake installer at the moment. Shoots lights out with RL26 and 139 Scenars. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Spartacus Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 08/17/19
Let us know how the YoDave spring works out for ya.
I'm thinking about one.
Thanks.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 08/17/19
Just put a Yo Dave in my son’s CTR last night. It will go as I light as you could want, and a very clean trigger. Was impressed.

John
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 08/17/19
Hondo, thanks for the 411 on the Yo-Dave
Posted By: Rhettsker Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/12/19
The Yodave trigger spring is excellent. I put it in all of my Tikkas now.
R
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/12/19
I've never put a replacement spring in a trigger. Is it something that is easily done?
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/12/19
They spring is a super easy mod. Mine is right at 30oz. Very pleased.

Roy
Posted By: Nrut Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/12/19
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tikka+trigger+spring+install
Posted By: drover Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/12/19
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I've never put a replacement spring in a trigger. Is it something that is easily done?

In a T3 - Yes.

1 - remove the action from the stock.
2 - remove the screw at the front of the trigger housing - it holds the trigger housing in place but it also keeps the trigger spring adjustment screw from being able to be completely removed from the housing.
3 - remove the trigger housing - this may take a bit of wiggling to get the safety aligned properly so that the housing will come free.
4 - remove the weight of pull adjustment screw - it is the only screw on the housing.
5 - turn the trigger upside down and shake it or give it a light rap on a wood surface and the spring and plunger will fall out - pay attention to the plunger it has a short side and a long side - the long side goes toward the trigger.
6 - install plunger, new spring, reinstall trigger on the action and adjust the weight of pull to your taste.

A copy of what the plunger, spring, and adusting screw looks like and their relationship to one another.
https://tikkaperformance.com/tikka-trigger-spring

drover
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 09/13/19
Thanks drover.
Posted By: MikeyHad Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/14/19
New to the site. Thought id post my T3x in .308

Some things I had recently done:

- Fluted barrel (wrought iron) at LRI with slurry blast
- Slurry blasted tikka handle
- Stock was cerakoted sniper gray and laser etched for "composite look"
- Pic rail from MT

Took it to the range with 180grain federal fusions this past weekend. Second time shooting and didn't have too great of results (5 shot groups up to 2 inches was the worst of the 4 groups). The first time out went better before the upgrades. Im planning on going back this weekend and will update with the last two trips worth of detail and will take any advice if things dont shape up. Its a whitetail gun for the most part so trying to be realistic for my needs in regards to the accuracy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

-Mikey
Posted By: atse Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/18/19
I think I would try lighter bullets. 150 to 165 grain. Your gun may like them better. If you reload, try 155 grain Scenars and varget powder. They will likely shoot well.
Posted By: MikeyHad Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/18/19
I should have also noted that was at 100 yards. I’ll give that a try atse, thanks
Originally Posted by MikeyHad
New to the site. Thought id post my T3x in .308

Some things I had recently done:

- Slurry blasted tikka handle
- Stock was cerakoted sniper gray and laser etched for "composite look"

-Mikey

Mikey,

Welcome. Did LRI do the bolt and handle slurry blast? What was the price, as I don’t see it on their site. Also, who did your stock, and what was the price? I like it.
Posted By: MikeyHad Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/22/19
LRI did the fluting of the bolt, their prices are listed online I believe at $45 per fluted bolt. Shipping was about $15 with insurance. I live in Michigan and had a local shop do the stock work and slurry blasting. Look up Odin’s Workshop. They also have a Facebook and Instagram page which displays their work. Very reasonably priced but I would ask that you inquire on pricing with them directly. From what I've seen most cerakote companies charge $100 to coat a single stock and then an extra $50 per additional coat. Thats what I would consider reasonable for the bake version. Odin’s did this all with one single coat. They also did the oven bake version which I was informed (and I think confirmed online) is more durable than the air application alternative for polymer and plastics. I dealt with one of the owners his name was James.
Posted By: drover Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/22/19
MikeyHad - Since the action has been removed from the stock remove it again and when reinstalling make sure that the action is engaged onto the recoil lug.
I have a friend who has a T-3 that he took apart and when he put it back together it shot about like yours. I took it apart and found that the action was sitting on top of the lug rather than being engaged onto it, reinstalled the action properly and it went right back to grouping like Tikka's genrally do. The funny thing is that with the action sitting on top of the lug it was not that noticable that it was installed improperly.

Just something to check since it has been apart.

drover
Mikey,

Thanks for the information. I would certainly prefer Cerakote to a rattle can paint job. I’ll look them up.
Posted By: MikeyHad Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/23/19
Great call. I actually found this exact issue before shooting it (luckily). I was comparing before and after pictures and noticed in the before pictures that the action was flush to the stock. I was able to get everything seated properly however before going to the range. Was unable to make it there last weekend so I will make it a priority to go this week. Thanks for the input!
Posted By: HandgunHTR Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/27/19
Just got mine done.

Specs:

- Tikka stainless steel receiver
- Glades Armory bolt handle
- Mountain Tactical bolt shroud
- Bartlein 8.7" twist 7mm barrel, Remington Varmint profile, 20", 7 spiral flutes, threaded 5/8-24
- Chambered in 7mm-08AI
- McMillan Game Hunter stock - edge fill, grey paint with black specs, decelerator recoil pad
- RedSnake Tactical bottom metal (I am changing this out for Mountain Tactical BM, which is a bit more quiet for hunting)
- Harris bi-pod
- Mountain Tactical 0MOA mount
- Burris XTR Signature rings
- Burris Veracity 3-15X50 scope

I broke in the barrel yesterday while doing some fireforming. It looks like it is going to be a shooter!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JPro Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/27/19
That one turned out nice! How do you like the Game Hunter?
Posted By: HandgunHTR Re: Tricked out Tikkas! - 10/27/19
Originally Posted by JPro
That one turned out nice! How do you like the Game Hunter?

I like it a lot. Good feel, the palm swell is just right for my hands and the cheek piece keeps my head up and right in line with the scope. Weight is good too, as is the forearm width. It is wide enough to run a bipod, but slim enough to still feel good in the hand and could work on a bag too.
© 24hourcampfire