Home
Posted By: JerradPelzer Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/22/14
I know in years past there has been a holiday sale on Micky's here. What's the chance of one this year!!!???!!

On a side note there was some talk awhile back on 700 short action KS stock being made or did???
I had an email from McMillan confirming that they would make a KS stock for a short action, ADL only of course.
That's good news I for some reason like that stock
Posted By: passport Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/22/14
Any idea if there turn time has improved at all? I want another but not sure I have 8 months of waiting in me...
Posted By: sorth Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/23/14
Originally Posted by passport
Any idea if there turn time has improved at all? I want another but not sure I have 8 months of waiting in me...

8 months would be great, I'm at 11 and still no stock.
Posted By: passport Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/23/14
Originally Posted by sorth

8 months would be great, I'm at 11 and still no stock.

Thats BS. If turn times are that frickin bad they need to make that common knowledge. This has not been a new thing with them, for the life of me I cant understand why they cant up production.... Just sayin
Posted By: ingwe Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/23/14

I ordered one in Sept. and was told six months....we shall see.
Posted By: KH1473 Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/23/14
I bought 2 from Redhawk last month, 700 SA (Edge). I know they're kinda plain, but beats waiting 6-9 months
Why has mcmillan been unable to change production for years? Or, have they increased it dramatically and demand has kept up?
Posted By: mikeone Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/23/14
They need more breeders,
because I'm currently at human gestation period wait on my latest one smile
A Christmas MCM sale would be nice...........
I find it hard to believe that McMillan's backlog is that high right now over this long period of time. Probably some marketing ploy. But it does make sense to get the stocks ordered now so to be able to have them in time for Christmas 2015.
Originally Posted by bearstalker
I find it hard to believe that McMillan's backlog is that high right now over this long period of time. Probably some marketing ploy. But it does make sense to get the stocks ordered now so to be able to have them in time for Christmas 2015.

grin
Posted By: Sevens Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/24/14
I'll order one if they have a sale. I saw there were some stocks in inventory on their website but they're all in their "standard" (i.e. midget) 13.5" LOP.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/24/14
Mine was ordered in mid May and came in 2 weeks ago. So right at 6 months which is not bad I guess
I ordered in April and got my last one in 5 months.
Posted By: Hardtner Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/24/14
I ordered my first one from the campfire store and the message on there said 12-16 weeks. Is this an accurate estimate or did I get sold on some thing that they can't stand behind?
Posted By: Oklahoma Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/24/14
Originally Posted by Hardtner
I ordered my first one from the campfire store and the message on there said 12-16 weeks. Is this an accurate estimate or did I get sold on some thing that they can't stand behind?

That message has been in error for several years!!!!
Posted By: Hardtner Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/26/14
Originally Posted by Oklahoma

How is that possible? That's not good business. I guess I am a sucker. Why not post a realistic time table before we spend our hard earned money?
Originally Posted by Oklahoma

How is that possible? That's not good business. I guess I am a sucker. Why not post a realistic time table before we spend our hard earned money?

My last two took over 9 months. Too slow anymore. I've switched to Manners. 2-3 months max.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
My last two took over 9 months. Too slow anymore. I've switched to Manners. 2-3 months max.

True with regards to Manners delivery times. Unfortunately they don't do a McWoody frown
Posted By: sidepass Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/27/14
My McWoody took 8 months. Kind of at a loss as to why a synthetic stock takes 6 to 8 months. Will be looking at Manners for my next project. Sorely miss Lone Wolf.
I am sure the molds arent cheap, but you would think they could make it up with increased production.

What is not tangible, is how much business they lose because of the long wait times.
I tried the Manners route. Called and spoke with Tom. Super nice dude. Very, very helpful. Got my stock pretty quickly. But when all was said and done, I went back to McMillan. Their Remington Classics, Mountain Rifle and Remington Hunter patterns are just too much to my liking. I've not tried the EH or SL stuff from Manners.

That said...McMillan sucks with their garbage communication of wait times. Either tell the truth about being slow or manufacture in the stated time.
The last two stocks I cancelled orders on because I found what I was looking for used while waiting.

I'll try a Manners next just to try them. The SL looks pretty sweet.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/29/14
So - will there be a sale this year? smile I want another Remington Classic
Posted By: passport Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/30/14
Originally Posted by Buzz
So - will there be a sale this year? smile I want another Remington Classic

Same here, anyone as Rick?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/30/14
No. Prices gone up, no margin for profit to speak of.

I spoke with him a month or so ago with same question.
Posted By: cal74 Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/30/14
Wait time aside, there hasn't been a sale now for a couple of years correct? I think two years ago prior to the price increase was the last sale?

I believe someone else bought out McMillan, or under new management? Seem to have read something along that line.

Usually Manners does a buy on the hide each X-Mas, or has done so the last couple of years.
Posted By: passport Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/30/14
I thought that purchase deal died?
Posted By: 175rltw Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/30/14
Bansner.

High tech specialties. 6 weeks.
Posted By: STS45 Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/30/14
I may go the Bansner route. Not familiar with them at all but need a new stock for my Model 70 308.
Posted By: laker Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 11/30/14
Originally Posted by 175rltw
Bansner.

How much are the bansners?
Posted By: EdM Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/01/14
Go to their website or Brownells and you will see. They are no where near drop-ins though. I do prefer them to the rest.
I don't order McMillan stocks through a middleman. Some errors and slowness have occurred that way.

Want a McMillan? Call McMillan
Posted By: Oklahoma Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/01/14
I have always ordered thru the Fire and have never had a problem but the best way is to call the source.
Posted By: 175rltw Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/01/14
Originally Posted by laker
Originally Posted by 175rltw
Bansner.

How much are the bansners?

they are availble at a few different finish levels, but not available painted. I just got one for a remington 600, inletted for an adl trigger gaurd, with studs and pad at 13 1/4" for 350. don't know how much they are with pillars etc, I just as soon do the pillars as part of the bedding rather than independent of it. I've used one for the howa, and one for a 722 before and they were great, yes, they are unfinished, but they dont require a ton of fitting in my experience,mainly just filling and fairing pinholes to prep for paint. both of mine are finished in ultraflat krylon, but this one will be bedded and painted by joe collier when he builds the rest- so I will have his opinion of the stock here in a few months.
Posted By: DickD Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Good Afternoon to all, hope you all had a very happy holiday feast. Concerning McMillans current lead times there is quite a bit of B.S in this thread. There is exactly one order left here with a June date which would be going on six months this month, and it will be ready to ship by Friday. All other orders have July or later dates. There are 7 with July dates which are right now at 5 months or less, and will all probably ship in the next 2 or 3 weeks or so.
Our incoming order volume has dropped down to about normal and we are rapidly catching on the huge order volume from the first of the year. We hope to be able to go to the SHOT SHOW in January and truthfully tell folks that we have about a 3 to 4 month lead time, or maybe less. Perhaps by then we will be down to our old normal 8 to 12 weeks.
Regards, Dick at McMillans
Greetings, Dick. Hope everything is going well and love your products.

However, my order from here on the Campfire, dates back to January. It's Order #3285 (ORDERED WITH MCMILLAN) / Order Date: Tuesday 07 January, 2014.

Lost in the shuffle, perhaps? Anyway you can check on it? Thanks.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
I am waiting on one I ordered through this site on 3/29. I learned a month ago when Mcmillian called me on a stock I ordered direct from them that the one I ordered through the campfire is done and waiting to be released. I'am going to wait and see if the stock I ordered direct in July gets here before the one I ordered through the campfire on 3/29
Pat, Sorry but nothing with an order date of 3-29. What is your order number?
Posted By: passport Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Just ordered another Mickey. DickD, pull that order and get her done!!
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Rick contacted me, its squared away. Thanks for checking.
To all:
Rick at 24hourcampfire is my customer on all these orders and he is the only one I will give any information on the status of the orders to. I will occasionally let you know what the oldest order date we are still working on is just to give you an idea of what our current lead times are, but for any questions on any order placed thru the campfire please contact Rick, not us.
Thanks, Dick
Got 6 on order, currently.....thru Rick. Wouldn't do it any other way. Thanks, Dick for chiming in here. I got an email today with sales specials on in stock stocks. I will have to check that out, too.

Posted By: sorth Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by DickD
Good Afternoon to all, hope you all had a very happy holiday feast. Concerning McMillans current lead times there is quite a bit of B.S in this thread. There is exactly one order left here with a June date which would be going on six months this month, and it will be ready to ship by Friday. All other orders have July or later dates. There are 7 with July dates which are right now at 5 months or less, and will all probably ship in the next 2 or 3 weeks or so.
Our incoming order volume has dropped down to about normal and we are rapidly catching on the huge order volume from the first of the year. We hope to be able to go to the SHOT SHOW in January and truthfully tell folks that we have about a 3 to 4 month lead time, or maybe less. Perhaps by then we will be down to our old normal 8 to 12 weeks.
Regards, Dick at McMillans

Here is my order from December 2013 that I still have not received, so I think there is some BS in your June date as being the oldest order. Along with waiting almost a year already for my stock, I also get to pay another $160 to have it imported to Canada now, perfect.

12/10/2013 Order Received
12/27/2013 ORDERED WITH MCMILLAN Hi Stuart:

Thank you very much for your McMillan purchase through 24hourcampfire.com's Gear Shop.

Below are the details of your order as they were sent to McMillan. Please review them for accuracy, and contact me immediately if any changes need to be made. Please note: McMillan's deadline for making changes is normally 4 weeks.

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x McMillan Ultralight EDGE Technology (Graphite) Hunting Stock (EDGE)

1a. Stock Pattern: Remington Classic
1b. Select Stock Orientation: Right-handed
1c. Construction/Fill Weight: Ultralight EDGE Construction
2a. Action Inlet: Defiance Long Action with .312" lug
2b. Select Action Orientation: Right-handed
2c. Bottom Metal Inlet: PT&G Oberndorf BDL
2d. Barrel Channel Inlet: Krieger #4
2e. Barrel Shank Length: 2"
3a. Rifle Caliber: 6.5-284
4a. Recoil Pad: 1-inch Sims Limbsaver
4b. Length of Pull: 13 1/2 (STANDARD)
5a. Finish: Three-Color Speckletone Granite
BROWN BASE with BLACK and TAN SPECKLETONE
5c. Sling Studs: Stainless Steel Studs
7b. International Shipping: Shipping to Canada
99. Special Instructions:
1] .312" Recoil Lug

Delivery Address
Stuart

AB, Canada

Here is an update on the balance remaining on your order:

Your stock is PAID IN FULL and will ship to you immediately upon completion

I will contact you when the order is ready (20-24 weeks) so you can anticipate delivery.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all. I am here to help!

Best regards from The Campfire.

Rick Bin
24hourcampfire.com
[email protected]
Concerning McMillans current lead times there is quite a bit of B.S in this thread. There is exactly one order left here with a June date which would be going on six months this month, and it will be ready to ship by Friday.

Hmmmm.........apparently not. shocked
To all:
Rick at 24hourcampfire is my customer on all these orders and he is the only one I will give any information on the status of the orders to. I will occasionally let you know what the oldest order date we are still working on is just to give you an idea of what our current lead times are, but for any questions on any order placed thru the campfire please contact Rick, not us.
Thanks, Dick

Tough getting a response from Rick, I have emailed him and PM'd him and don't get a response, I have ordered quit a few stocks from Rick but this one has been a complete gong show. Another stock that I order in Jan 2014 was shipped Aug 2 to me, the way it should be. Not sure what is going on with my Dec order but I am really getting pissed.
Just curious why you paid in full up front?? I usually do $100 deposit and pay the rest right before delivery.

Posted By: Gledeasy Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
If lead times are getting back to normal I guess I'll have to contemplate getting one ordered smile
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Just curious why you paid in full up front?? I usually do $100 deposit and pay the rest right before delivery.

I have always paid for them upfront, just the way I am.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
FWIW, I really want to get a new stock, but asap, not sure which way I will go, pleased with the last two McM, but will see if I have the patience. Must say a real time delivery of 3-4 Mos beats the heck out of 6-8....
Posted By: Dooger Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Wow! Some of you seem to be getting hosed. Maybe I should start looking more at Manners???

How much did you guys save by going through the Fire?...no pun intended.
Hilarious.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Isn't it? Makes you wonder who's right and who's blowing smoke.
Originally Posted by Dooger
Wow! Some of you seem to be getting hosed. Maybe I should start looking more at Manners???

How much did you guys save by going through the Fire?...no pun intended.

Not difficult to look it up - compare McMillan prices on their site and Rick's in the outfitter's gear shop.

I've even changed/modified orders mid-stream. Never had a problem ordering through Rick.

Posted By: Mull Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
If you Need Them Fast...Buy Them From McWhorters. Mcmillan Seems To Keep Them Stocked Up Pretty Well. They Have Been Listing Alot On Gunbroker. $525 Was Their Buy It Now With Edge Fill...
Posted By: Gledeasy Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by Mull
If you Need Them Fast...Buy Them From McWhorters. Mcmillan Seems To Keep Them Stocked Up Pretty Well. They Have Been Listing Alot On Gunbroker. $525 Was Their Buy It Now With Edge Fill...

I tried that a couple of weeks ago. Understandably, they were pretty selective on what they would and wouldn't let go.
Posted By: Mull Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/02/14
Yea Guess It Helps Little if Your Local As Well...Redhawk Rifles Did Have Several As Well...
I know LOTS of orders that were running LONG that weren't ordered directly through McMillan, but many c u n ts on the 'Fire like to bitch about McMillan. That's not where the problem lies.

One example is someone I know that called McMillan and the stock had been ready for 2 months, the info passed to the 'middleman' but the info was never sent along to the final person.

That kind of crap happens more that a few times, but folks here will continue to bitch at McMillan.

Carry on
Sorth, perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. We have one stock left with a June date that our production people are working on. Now, when a stock is done it goes back to our final inspection and shipping dept. If it clears final inspection then it is written up as cleared for shipping and this order goes back to the front office for the paper work. There are currently about 15 or 20 stocks that are all done but are setting in shipping awaiting clearance to ship or export permits and paperwork from our state department. Some have been there for several months. If you have a question on an older order contact Rick at the Campfire.
Any other place out there that does the payment plans like Rick?
Posted By: Hardtner Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/04/14
This is my first one to buy, so I will save my judgement for when I get my stock. I always have faith that all will be done correctly until I am proven otherwise. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I am always an easy customer to please.

That being said, for the life of me, I can't understand why in the Fire store it shows a 12-16 week turnaround time. It must be common knowledge around here that the estimate isn't accurate, but I had no way to know that when I ordered as I'm fairly new to the Fire and that is my first purchase from the Fire store. DickD, whom I can only assume is a representative of some type from McMillan, makes it sound as if it clearly isn't 12-16 weeks and hasn't been for some time. That just doesn't sit right with me...and I'm really trying to be open minded. I just expect an accurate description in advertisement. If the current wait is really a max of about 6 months as DickD said, I would have been glad to know up front.

Water under the bridge now I guess, as my order is placed. I will stick with it and hope that the McMillan quality will make up for this uneasy feeling I have right now and once again I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

This is my first one to buy, so I will save my judgement for when I get my stock. I always have faith that all will be done correctly until I am proven otherwise. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I am always an easy customer to please.

That being said, for the life of me, I can't understand why in the Fire store it shows a 12-16 week turnaround time. It must be common knowledge around here that the estimate isn't accurate, but I had no way to know that when I ordered as I'm fairly new to the Fire and that is my first purchase from the Fire store. DickD, whom I can only assume is a representative of some type from McMillan, makes it sound as if it clearly isn't 12-16 weeks and hasn't been for some time. That just doesn't sit right with me...and I'm really trying to be open minded. I just expect an accurate description in advertisement. If the current wait is really a max of about 6 months as DickD said, I would have been glad to know up front.

Water under the bridge now I guess, as my order is placed. I will stick with it and hope that the McMillan quality will make up for this uneasy feeling I have right now and once again I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Indeed a great product. The best IMO. Indeed a horrendous bunch of crap to advertise 12-16 week lead times. Just tell the truth.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/04/14
I'm guessing there won't be a McMillan sale after all of this...
Posted By: Buzz Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/04/14
Not gonna happen!
Posted By: STS45 Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/05/14
Well I just ordered my very first McMillan today through the campfire store. Its a Hunters Edge for a Model 70 Stainless 308 Featherweight. Should be interesting to see how long it takes. I'll post here periodically to update everyone.
Posted By: sorth Re: Gonna be a McMillan sale? - 12/05/14
Sorth, perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. We have one stock left with a June date that our production people are working on. Now, when a stock is done it goes back to our final inspection and shipping dept. If it clears final inspection then it is written up as cleared for shipping and this order goes back to the front office for the paper work. There are currently about 15 or 20 stocks that are all done but are setting in shipping awaiting clearance to ship or export permits and paperwork from our state department. Some have been there for several months. If you have a question on an older order contact Rick at the Campfire.

Rick has been contacted and he tells me my stock is not done. Six more days and it is one year since my stock was ordered.
Uh oh.

Good luck Sorth!
Definitely not acceptable!
Curious if you can get an Edge painted in gap camo. Not molded in (and heavier), simply painted.
Get a few rattle cans and have at it!
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Curious if you can get an Edge painted in gap camo. Not molded in (and heavier), simply painted.

McMillan will not do it.

© 24hourcampfire