Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Sorth, perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. We have one stock left with a June date that our production people are working on. Now, when a stock is done it goes back to our final inspection and shipping dept. If it clears final inspection then it is written up as cleared for shipping and this order goes back to the front office for the paper work. There are currently about 15 or 20 stocks that are all done but are setting in shipping awaiting clearance to ship or export permits and paperwork from our state department. Some have been there for several months. If you have a question on an older order contact Rick at the Campfire.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any other place out there that does the payment plans like Rick?

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
This is my first one to buy, so I will save my judgement for when I get my stock. I always have faith that all will be done correctly until I am proven otherwise. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I am always an easy customer to please.

That being said, for the life of me, I can't understand why in the Fire store it shows a 12-16 week turnaround time. It must be common knowledge around here that the estimate isn't accurate, but I had no way to know that when I ordered as I'm fairly new to the Fire and that is my first purchase from the Fire store. DickD, whom I can only assume is a representative of some type from McMillan, makes it sound as if it clearly isn't 12-16 weeks and hasn't been for some time. That just doesn't sit right with me...and I'm really trying to be open minded. I just expect an accurate description in advertisement. If the current wait is really a max of about 6 months as DickD said, I would have been glad to know up front.

Water under the bridge now I guess, as my order is placed. I will stick with it and hope that the McMillan quality will make up for this uneasy feeling I have right now and once again I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by Hardtner; 12/03/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hardtner
This is my first one to buy, so I will save my judgement for when I get my stock. I always have faith that all will be done correctly until I am proven otherwise. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I am always an easy customer to please.

That being said, for the life of me, I can't understand why in the Fire store it shows a 12-16 week turnaround time. It must be common knowledge around here that the estimate isn't accurate, but I had no way to know that when I ordered as I'm fairly new to the Fire and that is my first purchase from the Fire store. DickD, whom I can only assume is a representative of some type from McMillan, makes it sound as if it clearly isn't 12-16 weeks and hasn't been for some time. That just doesn't sit right with me...and I'm really trying to be open minded. I just expect an accurate description in advertisement. If the current wait is really a max of about 6 months as DickD said, I would have been glad to know up front.

Water under the bridge now I guess, as my order is placed. I will stick with it and hope that the McMillan quality will make up for this uneasy feeling I have right now and once again I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Indeed a great product. The best IMO. Indeed a horrendous bunch of crap to advertise 12-16 week lead times. Just tell the truth.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm guessing there won't be a McMillan sale after all of this...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not gonna happen!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well I just ordered my very first McMillan today through the campfire store. Its a Hunters Edge for a Model 70 Stainless 308 Featherweight. Should be interesting to see how long it takes. I'll post here periodically to update everyone.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by DickD
Sorth, perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. We have one stock left with a June date that our production people are working on. Now, when a stock is done it goes back to our final inspection and shipping dept. If it clears final inspection then it is written up as cleared for shipping and this order goes back to the front office for the paper work. There are currently about 15 or 20 stocks that are all done but are setting in shipping awaiting clearance to ship or export permits and paperwork from our state department. Some have been there for several months. If you have a question on an older order contact Rick at the Campfire.

Rick has been contacted and he tells me my stock is not done. Six more days and it is one year since my stock was ordered.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh oh.

Good luck Sorth!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Definitely not acceptable!

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Curious if you can get an Edge painted in gap camo. Not molded in (and heavier), simply painted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a few rattle cans and have at it!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Curious if you can get an Edge painted in gap camo. Not molded in (and heavier), simply painted.

McMillan will not do it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (117LBS, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,968
Posts18,499,277
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.