Home
Posted By: DeanAnderson Not for sale! - 04/13/17
I have a great book I'd like to pass on, not sell. It's "Turkey Hunter's Digest" by Dwain Bland. I got this book in the early 80's when I really started hunting turkeys. I've read it multiple times and the pages have turned yellow, still a great book full of tactics and information. I hunted turkeys in the 70's, but nothing like the early 80's. Back then, 5 states, all Eastern's. For a while, only used a muzzleloading 10ga. and even had some articles published in the now defunct "Blackpowder Hunting" magazine. I do get a laugh at all the new camo, I still use camo from the 80's and sometimes don't use any camo just to prove a point. Killed plenty of birds in bluejeans and a green sweatshirt. Anyway, starting to ramble, it's an age thing! If you'd like the book let me know and I'll send it to you. Would prefer a newer turkey hunter, but any turkey hunter is fine with me. I drew a mid-May tag this year and still chomp at the bit to get out there. Turkey hunting is probably my favorite hunting. Take care, Dean.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Everyday Hunter Re: Not for sale! - 04/13/17
I have a copy, one of a couple dozen (or more) turkey hunting books I have. It's a good one, especially for it's time. Some hunter is going to get lucky thanks to DeanAnderson's generosity.

Steve.
Posted By: Natty_Bumpo Re: Not for sale! - 04/14/17
Very Generous gesture. Hope a young man/girl can have this to help them get on the path to the most fun you can have in the springtime woods.

NB
Posted By: Everyday Hunter Re: Not for sale! - 04/16/17
Did you find a taker?

Steve.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Not for sale! - 04/16/17
No, not yet.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Not for sale! - 04/16/17
I bought that book many years ago. Good reading.
Posted By: rong Re: Not for sale! - 04/16/17
Would love this for the boys ,if it's not spoken for.
And when they're done will pay it forward.
Will send some coin to help with shipping as well.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Not for sale! - 04/16/17
No, it's your boys, my pleasure. Please pm me your mailing address. Dean
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Not for sale! - 04/18/17
rong, are you still interested?
Posted By: herschel34 Re: Not for sale! - 04/19/17
If rong doesn't want it, I would love to have it. I've got two boys, 5 and 7, that I'm hoping to get involved. Not to mention I could certainly use some help😉
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Not for sale! - 04/20/17
Hello herschel34, I haven't heard from rong since their original post and no reply to PM's either. So, if you'd like it, please PM me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you. Dean
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Not for sale! - 04/22/17
Going to rong, only one that got back to me. Enjoy!
© 24hourcampfire