Home
Posted By: ATROX Turkey Vest - 04/17/17
Hey Guys,

I'm in need for a new turkey vest. What's good as far as storage and comfort? I see a lot on the market, but would like your thoughts on what y'all like ......
Thanks,
Wyman
Posted By: Odessa Re: Turkey Vest - 04/17/17
I've only owned two turkey vests - an ancient vest given to me by a buddy 15-18 years ago - cannot remember the brand, and a Mossy Oak Elite II I bought to replace it about 10 or 12 years ago. I've used the Elite II ever since and it is fine, but I cannot compare it to other modern vests since I hadn't used them. It has plenty of pockets and a good cushion - some I see have very thin cushions or cushions that compress too easily - you want to be comfortable sitting. I see that Macks Prairie Wings in Stuttgart AR has the Elite II again (Mossy Oak must be making them again) for $59.99 - about what I paid a decade ago. Odessa
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Turkey Vest - 04/17/17
Tagged.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Turkey Vest - 04/17/17
I have both a ol tom I beam and a alpz grand slam elite. Both are super comfortable and have well though out storage. The alpz had the removable kick stand where you can sit without a tree behind you. I took that out and have not used it. The ol tom is a little lighter for when it is vey hot and honestly has more pockets.

Having both I can say I prefer the alpz
Posted By: Natty_Bumpo Re: Turkey Vest - 04/18/17
I wore a Mossy Oak Super Elite vest for the first time yesterday. Really like the seat and has padding in the back panel too. Super comfortable and has a VG and very ample pocket design layout. I have no idea how old it is, as it has been hanging in the back of my gear closet for a bunch of years. Mine has the NWTF logo on the front.

NB
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Turkey Vest - 04/18/17
I quit using a vest about 10 years ago. Way too hot and I don't need a million pockets. A belt pack or a small day pack gets the job done and I can can carry heavier items like water comfortably. Clip on a butt cushion with a carabiner.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Turkey Vest - 04/18/17
Last year I bought one of the cabelas "tactical tater" vets. With the kickstand in the back.

Plenty of pockets and wears well. Although this year I am taking out the kickstand.

I also tried one of the tenzig turkey packs. If I had the extra 300 bucks I'd get one of them
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Turkey Vest - 04/18/17
I'm pretty hard on a vest and my Primos has lasted 10 years without any issues. Not sure if their current vest are the same quality, but this one has been outstanding.

Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Turkey Vest - 04/18/17
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
I'm pretty hard on a vest and my Primos has lasted 10 years without any issues. Not sure if their current vest are the same quality, but this one has been outstanding.

I had one of the promos before this cabelas. And it lasted about 10 years. And still has some left in it
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Re: Turkey Vest - 04/19/17
Cheap wal mart best has done well for me. I figured if it lasted a year it would be good but it's still hanging in strong. Maybe I can find another lat r this year for $20
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Turkey Vest - 04/19/17
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
I wore a Mossy Oak Super Elite vest for the first time yesterday. Really like the seat and has padding in the back panel too. Super comfortable and has a VG and very ample pocket design layout. I have no idea how old it is, as it has been hanging in the back of my gear closet for a bunch of years. Mine has the NWTF logo on the front.

NB

I've been using the same vest for many years. Works pretty darn good.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Turkey Vest - 04/20/17
Keep watching ebay and buy a Bob Dixon vest when one comes up. I bought one years ago when they came out and it is by far the best I have ever seen. Get ready for sticker shock though...
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Turkey Vest - 04/20/17
Yea. Spend 500+ on a bob Dixon vest!!
Posted By: rong Re: Turkey Vest - 04/21/17
For $500.00 it better shoot and load the bird into it,,ouch
© 24hourcampfire