Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

September 27, 28 & 29, 2024 in Pinedale, Wyoming.

Summary:
Please use this thread to express your interest/attendance, table(s) req'd and PM David any further questions.

Savage Fest is a private show open for Forum Members, Spouses, Children and Guests.

All are required to PM David to get on the member/guest list.

Local hotels have rooms reserved. PM David to reserve yours.

Tables for all and security for Friday and Saturday nights will be provided. PM David tables required.

Setup will be Friday ~2pm followed by kickoff of Savage Fest 2024.
Saturday will be Savage Fest 9am – 6pm including food (Sat. elk feed), raffle prizes which attendees donate and a team photo.
Sunday morning early will be tear down.

Meals will be organized for all days and potluck food, snacks & drinks are encouraged. PM David if you can help.
We’ll need a few volunteers for overnight security, setting up, tearing down and other things. If you can help, PM David.
Friday & Saturday evenings we'll shoot the breeze at a location TBD.

We require a PM to assemble a guest list and get a head count. No walk-ins will be allowed.

This a not for profit event with no admission fee. We rely on donations from attendees to help cover costs.
PM David any questions or areas where you may volunteer or help.

If interested and/or think you can make it, feel free to chime in and we’ll make it happen.

David is offering secure storage for travelers to drop show items while traveling or sight seeing during your stay. PM David your interest.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/15/24
Love to, but at 36hrs. driving time it won't happen. (48hrs. in an MG!)
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/15/24
we've reserved Rendezvous Point for the meeting. It's a modern facility with a kitchen. I'll line up a chef. I have a vault where guns and small items can be kept and a large workshop where vehicles with valuables too big for the vault can be stored.
This is a good time to come here. The weather is still nice. The crowds in Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons and Jackson are much smaller. It's a good time to visit those places. It does get down to freezing at night so bring warm clothes.
This is a prime time for high country elk, mule deer, moose and bighorn sheep hunting. You'll need to secure an outfitter for these. The antelope are migrating through and you can hunt them around here on public land. No outfitter needed.
I am looking forward to seeing what you guys bring and sharing my unusual collection of Savage 1895, 1899 and 99's with you guys. David
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/15/24
Whats the closest airport David?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/15/24
I am very interested . Will start preping for it. . Will continue with updates. To close to me not to come.

Norm
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/15/24
I'd love to make it, but I'll be flying out for a hunt in Alberta on 9/28. Wish all who attend a great time.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/15/24
Interested...
Posted By: 99guy Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Love to, but at 36hrs. driving time it won't happen. (48hrs. in an MG!)

Bout 6-8 hours in an airplane.

Just sayin... grin
I'm planning on it!
Not sure how many tables yet.

Forgot to mention, Saturday nights meal will be an elk feed!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
Very cool! At the moment I plan on driving out for it. Probably need 2 or 3 tables..
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
What Rory said. I'll do the badges. Should be a great time! Hope to see some new faces...and old ones. grin
Posted By: missedbycracky Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
I am making plans to attend, and would like at least 1 table. Will communicate more as plans mature through the jelly stage.

Sam
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
The closest airport is in Jackson, about 1 3/4 hours from Pinedale.
It'll be great to see you again Norm.
The facility is large. I think there won't be any limitation on tables. If Rendezvous Point doesn't have enough the library said we could borrow some of their tables. I considered the library first but not secure enough. It has a nice meeting room.
Keep the questions coming.
Just checked with a couple of hotels. The prices drop some by late Sep. We can get a deal if we take 10 rooms. An alternative is if you bring a camper or a tent you can camp out on my property.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
Is there a place to store a few saddle mules?

It googles only 4,5 hours from my place.

If anyone wants to sell to a bottom feeder…..bring yer grey rats! ( light weight barrel, DT )
Posted By: mjac Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Just checked with a couple of hotels. The prices drop some by late Sep. We can get a deal if we take 10 rooms. An alternative is if you bring a camper or a tent you can camp out on my property.

Perfect! I was getting ready to ask about RV camping in the area.
2,230 miles for me.
Posted By: ArSav99 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
Was very excited to see the promo, then found out we have a family wedding that weekend so not able to come. Disappointing. Was hoping for the chance to meet and greet many of you. I’m sure that it will be a great event for many. I’ll keep my eyes open for other opportunities.
Angus, I have two horses, about 7 or 8 acres fenced, a barn with a shelter and hay storage. You are certainly welcome to bring the mules.
mjac, we have a lot of places to camp, most of them free, some really expensive. You are welcome to camp on my property. There are some really neat places to camp in the foothills of the Wind River Range.
Too bad some of you guys have a conflict.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/16/24
Would love to come. Life is currently playing out minute by minute but maybe by then things will calm down.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/17/24
Roy would you drive or fly.

Norm
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/17/24
Drive for sure Norm. No flying for me.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/17/24
Thanks for the offer!

I will be in touch.

Even my wife wants to come.

I’m getting excited.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/17/24
I will be there. Probably bring small camper and before or after visit friends in Montana. Should be Lake Superior fish in freezer I can bring along.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/17/24
I hopefully will have some fish also.

I can pack my outdoor fish frying rig.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/17/24
Wives are certainly welcome too.
Forgot to mention we have fly fishing here. It must be good some people come from a long ways off to fly fish. There are fly fishing guides available.
Just talked to the chef. She is available for whatever we want. Having fish available will be a definite plus. We'll probably do Friday night supper, breakfast, lunch and supper on Saturday. I can provide elk burger, elk roast and elk steak.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/17/24
Wives are certainly welcome too.
Forgot to mention we have fly fishing here. It must be good some people come from a long ways off to fly fish. There are fly fishing guides available.
Just talked to the chef. She is available for whatever we want. Having fish available will be a definite plus. We'll probably do Friday night supper; breakfast, lunch and supper on Saturday. I can provide elk burger, elk roast and elk steak.
Posted By: RAS Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/18/24
I absolutely would love to go to this. Count me in.

As some of you guys may remember, I had a Fest scheduled here in Mich until Covid came along.
Good to see we have some willing travelers!

Currently a member from North Carolina has the long distance claim. But haven't heard from Mel in Hawaii yet....
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/18/24
non-resident elk license has to be applied for by Jan 31.
Will get to work with Zazzle to get cups with the Savage Fest license plate. May be a few days.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/18/24
For elk

What unit? Do you recommend?

Thanks
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/19/24
Angus, the elk are still up in the wilderness that time of the year. Wyoming requires a local guide to go into the wilderness. You'll need to contact a guide and get the area # from him. I got my bull in area 97 in 2005. That guide is out of business now. Any local can guide you but I'm too short of breath to go up there.
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/19/24
After talking it over with my wife, its not in the cards this year. My Savage Rendezvous is the month before and our oldest Son is getting married 2 weeks after yours. Someday 😔
Posted By: Savage94C Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/21/24
Good to hear of a planned fest. I'll sure keep it in mind. Wife and I have talked about a west trip for a few years. Have close cousins in Denver area, want to see some of the well known historical sights and 'the Rockies'. I've never been west of the Mizzouri River (Iowa native). Was all set to attend RAS's Michigan Fest in 2020, disappointed it was cancelled. Will advise as time gets closer, would love to attend.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/22/24
I hope you can come. I think it's the greatest place on earth. There is a lot to see and do here that time of the year.
Posted By: girlguncollector Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/24/24
We are kicking around the idea of driving out would be great to meet some new faces in this savage collector world!!!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by girlguncollector
We are kicking around the idea of driving out would be great to meet some new faces in this savage collector world!!!

If you decide to drive out let me know. We might meet up. We are thinking of doing some sight seeing before or after?
Since we're in Wyoming and the land of cowboys, how about a cowboy themed event? wink
David is probably already set.

I'll be sporting a holstered Savage 101 pistol and will come up with a hat, jeans w/belt buckle, shirt and boots by September.

Best dressed cowboy/cowgirl contest?
Boot toss game?
Horse shoe contest?
Spin the pistol?

There is a mechanical bull rental in Jackson.
Here is the sign up list so far;
1) Joe Martin
2) Cowboy Calhoun
3) Ranger Rick99
4)
5)

Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/25/24
Rick, have you already had zazzle do the cups? If so, I'd like 3. Thanks, David
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Rick, have you already had zazzle do the cups? If so, I'd like 3. Thanks, David
Not yet, but here is what they'll look like.
I'll report back when ready.

Posted By: norm99 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/25/24
I'll take one

Norm
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/26/24
I don’t know if I will be able to make it to Wyoming, but I dang sure would like one of those coffee cups.

If you wanted to align with one of the latest crazes, you could have partnered with Stanley to produce a limited edition of the 40-oz Quencher Tumbler
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/26/24
sounds good to me
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/26/24
Zazzle can also make custom license plates. They are about $25. I want a couple to put on my antique Ford hot rods.
Posted By: girlguncollector Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 01/31/24
Kurt and I are going to be there. We will need 2 tables.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/01/24
Looking forward to meeting you. David
This is the interior of our venue.
Plenty of space, good lighting, coffee & snack nook with kitchen.
Welcome to Wyoming!

Posted By: ctw Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/05/24
Still would love to see a fest in Michigan
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/07/24
Pinedale sign
[Linked Image]
Wind River Range of the Rockies
[Linked Image]
There may not be any snow on the mountains in September.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/07/24
I'm already on your list, but I will need 1 table.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/07/24
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
I don’t know if I will be able to make it to Wyoming, but I dang sure would like one of those coffee cups.

If you wanted to align with one of the latest crazes, you could have partnered with Stanley to produce a limited edition of the 40-oz Quencher Tumbler

Want me to swing through Texas and pick you up?
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/07/24
Pick me up? I didn’t think I was your type.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/26/24
"Visit Pinedale' has a lot of info on the area and there is also the Mountain Man Museum
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 02/27/24
Savage 1907 will bringing a bunch of goodies to sell or trade. A lot of it from the Bailey Brower collection. Also a dummy 101. He's going to donate a Savage pistol for a door prize.
I'll also be selling some things, Not sure yet, maybe a 99 or two.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 04/27/24
I've started a list of people who want to stay at Best Western. we've still got 4 months till Pinedale Savage Fest so plenty of time. We'll get a break on the price if we get 10 rooms.
Posted By: Savage1907 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 05/11/24
Cannot remember if I am on the list. If not put me down. The RV is not going to happen by then.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage Fest 2024 - 05/12/24
PM me your hotel requirements, real name, # of tables and anything else that's Pertinent
© 24hourcampfire