Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

September 27, 28 & 29, 2024 in Pinedale, Wyoming.

Summary:
Please use this thread to express your interest/attendance, table(s) req'd and PM David any further questions.

Savage Fest is a private show open for Forum Members, Spouses, Children and Guests.

All are required to PM David to get on the member/guest list.

Local hotels have rooms reserved. PM David to reserve yours.

Tables for all and security for Friday and Saturday nights will be provided. PM David tables required.

Setup will be Friday ~2pm followed by kickoff of Savage Fest 2024.
Saturday will be Savage Fest 9am – 6pm including food (Sat. elk feed), raffle prizes which attendees donate and a team photo.
Sunday morning early will be tear down.

Meals will be organized for all days and potluck food, snacks & drinks are encouraged. PM David if you can help.
We’ll need a few volunteers for overnight security, setting up, tearing down and other things. If you can help, PM David.
Friday & Saturday evenings we'll shoot the breeze at a location TBD.

We require a PM to assemble a guest list and get a head count. No walk-ins will be allowed.

This a not for profit event with no admission fee. We rely on donations from attendees to help cover costs.
PM David any questions or areas where you may volunteer or help.

If interested and/or think you can make it, feel free to chime in and we’ll make it happen.

David is offering secure storage for travelers to drop show items while traveling or sight seeing during your stay. PM David your interest.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Love to, but at 36hrs. driving time it won't happen. (48hrs. in an MG!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
we've reserved Rendezvous Point for the meeting. It's a modern facility with a kitchen. I'll line up a chef. I have a vault where guns and small items can be kept and a large workshop where vehicles with valuables too big for the vault can be stored.
This is a good time to come here. The weather is still nice. The crowds in Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons and Jackson are much smaller. It's a good time to visit those places. It does get down to freezing at night so bring warm clothes.
This is a prime time for high country elk, mule deer, moose and bighorn sheep hunting. You'll need to secure an outfitter for these. The antelope are migrating through and you can hunt them around here on public land. No outfitter needed.
I am looking forward to seeing what you guys bring and sharing my unusual collection of Savage 1895, 1899 and 99's with you guys. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whats the closest airport David?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am very interested . Will start preping for it. . Will continue with updates. To close to me not to come.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I'd love to make it, but I'll be flying out for a hunt in Alberta on 9/28. Wish all who attend a great time.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interested...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Love to, but at 36hrs. driving time it won't happen. (48hrs. in an MG!)

Bout 6-8 hours in an airplane.

Just sayin... grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm planning on it!
Not sure how many tables yet.

Forgot to mention, Saturday nights meal will be an elk feed!

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very cool! At the moment I plan on driving out for it. Probably need 2 or 3 tables..

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What Rory said. I'll do the badges. Should be a great time! Hope to see some new faces...and old ones. grin

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I am making plans to attend, and would like at least 1 table. Will communicate more as plans mature through the jelly stage.

Sam

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The closest airport is in Jackson, about 1 3/4 hours from Pinedale.
It'll be great to see you again Norm.
The facility is large. I think there won't be any limitation on tables. If Rendezvous Point doesn't have enough the library said we could borrow some of their tables. I considered the library first but not secure enough. It has a nice meeting room.
Keep the questions coming.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just checked with a couple of hotels. The prices drop some by late Sep. We can get a deal if we take 10 rooms. An alternative is if you bring a camper or a tent you can camp out on my property.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a place to store a few saddle mules?

It googles only 4,5 hours from my place.

If anyone wants to sell to a bottom feeder…..bring yer grey rats! ( light weight barrel, DT )

Last edited by Angus1895; 01/16/24.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Just checked with a couple of hotels. The prices drop some by late Sep. We can get a deal if we take 10 rooms. An alternative is if you bring a camper or a tent you can camp out on my property.

Perfect! I was getting ready to ask about RV camping in the area.
2,230 miles for me.

Last edited by mjac; 01/16/24.

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Was very excited to see the promo, then found out we have a family wedding that weekend so not able to come. Disappointing. Was hoping for the chance to meet and greet many of you. I’m sure that it will be a great event for many. I’ll keep my eyes open for other opportunities.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Angus, I have two horses, about 7 or 8 acres fenced, a barn with a shelter and hay storage. You are certainly welcome to bring the mules.
mjac, we have a lot of places to camp, most of them free, some really expensive. You are welcome to camp on my property. There are some really neat places to camp in the foothills of the Wind River Range.
Too bad some of you guys have a conflict.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Would love to come. Life is currently playing out minute by minute but maybe by then things will calm down.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Roy would you drive or fly.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 62 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.