Home
Hope there may be some of you with experience with this model. Ordered new pin assembly from Numrich, not exactly the same. I also have a 20 ga barrel I thought might fit, not quite. Thanks for you time, Richard
I tried swapping barrels between a 219 in 30-30 and a 220 in 20ga. It did not work with the 2 examples I had.YMMV

Mike
They were factory fitted for the multiple barrel sets. Unless your lucky. You may have to find your local machinist for a correct firing pin.
The rifle and shotgun firing pins were different but my 16 gauge receiver will fire my 22 hornet and 28 ga barrels just fine.
The 219 was a rifle 220 was a shotgun the model 221,222,223,224,225,226,227,228,229,230,231 were SAVAGE UTILITY GUN (Shotgun and Rifle) this was 30-30,25-20,22Hornet or 32-20 with Interchangeable 12-16 or 20 Ga. Barrel on a 219 Frame the price on any utility gun in 1946 was &37.00
I have had good luck in putting together a six barrel set: .22Hor, .22K-Hor, .30-30, 20ga., 16ga. and 12ga. The project is based upon a M220 20ga. purchased new in 1957. Next step was acquisition of a M219 that while sold to me at a gun show as a .22Hor turned out to be a .22K-Hor with a broken firing pin. An attempt to fit the .22K-Hor bbl to the M220 20ga. worked out with no problem. A .30-30 bbl was bought via net auction and that worked out well and fits the M220 frame perfectly. Next stage included the purchase of a M220 12ga. and a M220 16ga. at real cheap prices due to crappie wood. These bbls required a little fitting accomplished with a rat tail file where the bbl joint meets the frame pin. Finally a well used M219 in .22Hor came along at a despairation price, wood in rough shape. That bbl fits the M220 20ga, frame with no fitting required.

I am thinking seriously about rechambering the .22K-Hor bbl to .219Zipper. A .30-30 extractor replacing the .22Hor extractor would complete the job.

Now a .32-20 bbl would be interesting, and/or a .410 or 28ga. bbl
if I should stumble across one or all of them. Not probable but who knows.

The firing pin in the M220 20ga. functions well with the three rifle bbls.
If I am correct that there is an early and later version of this model, 219/220, is there any difference in the barrel lugs?

Is there a differnce in the 219 and the 220 firing pin?
I have a 219C ser# 188xx Westfield Mass receiver address.
The barrel is in 22 Hornet Model 219 with a Utica address.
The 2 pcs do not close properly and there is no way it will cock.
It looks like the receiver was for another cal altogether.
I bought it at an auction 25 yrs ago with no chance for close inspection.
Where they made caliber specific?

Rich
Looking in the parts manuals I see separate pages for a 219, 219B and a 219L. Each has a corresponding 220 with it.

I think the Utica barrel would be pre-WWII through 1946. The 219-C with the Westfield barrel would be post 1960. I have a 219-B with a Chicopee address which would be 1947-1960.

The parts manual lists a rifle and a shotgun firing pin...which was used in the combo?

The 219 and the 219-B have different cocking mechanisms. I've had a few 219's with different barrels, some of them would fit one receiver but not the other. A couple of the barrels fit two different receivers I had at the time. One required a new locking lug to fit tight. I have a 219B with a messed up chamber in .22 K Hornet if any one is looking for something to do.
Maybe a .218 Mushburn Bee? Might be a few thousands short.
Again, I'm here at work and I can't check for sure. I bought a 219B unfired from one of Joe Devine's auctions years ago. I gave Maddog the serial number info for his records. It is a Chicopee gun and IIRC it is a late 50's or very early 60's gun. I went to fire it the first time, and click NO BANG. Someone apparentlt dry fired it. The design lends itself to failure when dry fired. I looked at the primer and no dent. I took the gun apart and BOTH pieces were there luckily. I got the dimensions and fabricated a couple. I will post a picture of the spare I made and give the measurements if that will help anyone. My son, as a youngster, had a 220L. 20 ga. shotgun with the side lever. I'm 99% sure that was a Westfield gun. BOTH guns used the same firing pin.
LBK: I'd like to see a pic of your fabricated 219B parts. I've been fighting a problem similar to yours with a B in Hornet. :)dh
Here is a picture of the original firing pin from my 219B. It's the one in 2 pieces. Then there is the broken 1 from my sons 220L shotgun. The other 2 are spares that I made. One is propped up using silly putty. Picture isn't very good, but I think you'll get the drift. The sketch has all the numbers needed to fab a pin. I made the 2 out of D2 tool steel and heat treated them to 50-52 Rockwell on the C scale. I hope this helps.

[Linked Image]
Tnx for the info. smile dh
© 24hourcampfire