Home
Hello,

I have a Savage Sporter model 23A. It has the original iron sights. I would like to put a peep sight on this rifle but don't know where to begin. I found a few websites that have peep sights but don't know if they would fit this old rifle. Thanks.
The 23A would take the same sights as a 1919 NRA - here is a thread that shows the Savage sights that would work.
1919 NRA sights
Gene, have you found a source for attachment screws? I think the front is a 10x40 and the rear is a 5x5X something. Later 23AA and 19-33's had a 6x48 rear. Seems no one ever keeps the screws with the sight when they remove them. mad

You will have to replace the front sight with a taller one to use a peep on the 23A.
The sight you want is a Savage#10. Its a beautiful piece of equipment! I have one on my T/C Black Diamond XR and its NEVER coming off! Got it from a fella named Fred Bean, DBA the sight man. got mine at the Ag Hall gun show ( forks of the delaware weapons collector's association) Allentown Pa . Ken's always at those shows. Paid $85 for mine. Would've been cheap at twice the price!
© 24hourcampfire