Home
Posted By: gnoahhh Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
...to wish everybody here a Merry Christmas! May Santa swing by Gunbroker and clean out the 99's before stopping at our houses!

I'm heading out for the long weekend and may only stop by sporadically until next week. Y'all behave yourselves while I'm gone, hear?!
Posted By: S99VG Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas back at ya!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
...to wish everybody here a Merry Christmas! May Santa swing by Gunbroker and clean out the 99's before stopping at our houses!

I'm heading out for the long weekend and may only stop by sporadically until next week. Y'all behave yourselves while I'm gone, hear?!

and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and all other SAVAGE nuts ,,,,,and you tell us to behave ourselves, ha ha ha , smile
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Yes sir Gary, safe travels filled with many successful encounters. wink grin
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Happy Christmas, Merry New Year and be safe!

Attached picture 24058976_1984825461773812_7476487555020904970_n.jpg
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND SAFE JOURNEYS
Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!!!
Posted By: JeffG Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yes sir Gary, safe travels filled with many successful encounters. wink grin

Yes, Yes, can't wait for new year's eve and the stories!
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

Happy New Year too.

Just so the Forty Creek keeps running.......all will be good.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas everybody.

I'm off work all next week and it's muzzle loader season. Hopefully Santa will deliver a nice 10 point to my tree stand while I'm there.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all you Savage lunatics !!!!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas to all, thanks for being a big family that is so willing to help, Joe.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

We've been doing this together for a lot of years and it never gets old to me.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. May the sun be at your back and the wind in your face as you travel with your Savage.

Mike
Posted By: saddlering Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas to All & a Hap Hap Happy New Year! safe travels to you Gary!
Posted By: steve99 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/21/17
Merry Christmas to all and have a safe Happy New Year!
Merry CHRISTmas to all you Savages, and best wishes on you for a great 2018!

dave
Merry Christmas and have a great 2018! Safe travels.
Posted By: kiwi Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
Merry Christmas to you all young and old
From Down Under
Posted By: pete53 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
yes isn`t it great we have a president now who says: > MERRY CHRISTMAS >>> so from me MERRY CHRISTMAS ,HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR

MAY GOD BLESS !!!!!!!
Originally Posted by pete53
yes isn`t it great we have a president now who says: > MERRY CHRISTMAS >>> so from me MERRY CHRISTMAS ,HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR

MAY GOD BLESS !!!!!!!

FINALLY someone leads us with common sense and a language meant and understood for ALL. Merry Christmas everyone.
Merry Christmas to All.
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Savage Loonies everywhere!
JW
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
Merry Christmas and a blessed new year to all.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
Merry Christmas!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
[Linked Image]

Attached picture FB_IMG_1513962225468.jpg
Posted By: oldotter Re: Let me be the first... - 12/22/17
Let me be the 28th to say it...... MERRY CHRISTMAS and a healthy prosperous new year. My chillins are coming from Louisiana and Warshington this year. First time in many years we all be in the same house for the holidays. Can't wait. The grand sprouts will be spoiled as only grand parents can do. grin I'll be grateful if I don't find lumps of coal in my stocking.

Merry Christmas everyone.....
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Let me be the first... - 12/23/17
Merry Christmas fella's.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/23/17
Merry Christmas to all and may your endeavors over the holidays be safe and happy! David
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/23/17
Merry Christmas!
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Let me be the first... - 12/24/17
A very Merry Christmas to all!
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/24/17
Oldest son (22) has an AR15 I built waiting under the tree.
Youngest son (19) has yet more advanced mountaining climbing gear (He's summitted two volcanoes in WA state in 2 years)
Posted By: 18sgd99 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/24/17
Merry Christmas to all the Savages and Happy New Year .May there be more 99's for all.in coming year, Good heath for all. steve
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/24/17
Merry Christmas! I
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Let me be the first... - 12/24/17
Sportsdad, my daughter just made some of those cookies, I asked if she she had her own cookie Elf, Joe.
Posted By: jimmy3 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/24/17
And a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year......to you
Posted By: Malcolm Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
Merry Christmas, and I would like to say as gnoahhh mentioned, in an earlier post, God Speed and protection for all the animals and birds in the forest.
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
It is with deep regret that I inform you we had an intruder last night that came down our chimney last night. Startling me out of a dead sleep, I had forgot what day it was and grabbed my firearm with +P ammunition.

Outside I went in 2" of fresh wet snow that fell overnight, barefoot, now hearing someone laughing, almost a "Ha Ha Ha" on the roof of my house. I was very irratated at this point.

I have a shoot first policy and let that thief have it with 3 rounds. I'm certain at least one impacted the suspect in the dark as he stood there on my roof, a twinkle in his eye.

That's when my wife came to the door and told me that the cookies on the fireplace mantle had all been eaten and the eggnog drank.

At this point the suspect had fallen off the roof and his getaway sled was leaving the scene fast. And I noticed this man in a red suit trying to make a dash for the woods.

That's when I figured out that I'd been on the bad list my entire life, and perhaps if it truly was Santa, I would take my revenge now. I dropped the intruder with the next shot.

Fear struck through my heart as daylight came up and I got a better look.... I'd just taken Santa out.

My apologies for any gifts he did not deliver after my house.

But on a good note, I did get my AR-15 magazines I'd asked for so I must have made the "Good" list this year!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: kellory Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
It is with deep regret that I inform you we had an intruder last night that came down our chimney last night. Startling me out of a dead sleep, I had forgot what day it was and grabbed my firearm with +P ammunition.

Outside I went in 2" of fresh wet snow that fell overnight, barefoot, now hearing someone laughing, almost a "Ha Ha Ha" on the roof of my house. I was very irratated at this point.

I have a shoot first policy and let that thief have it with 3 rounds. I'm certain at least one impacted the suspect in the dark as he stood there on my roof, a twinkle in his eye.

That's when my wife came to the door and told me that the cookies on the fireplace mantle had all been eaten and the eggnog drank.

At this point the suspect had fallen off the roof and his getaway sled was leaving the scene fast. And I noticed this man in a red suit trying to make a dash for the woods.

That's when I figured out that I'd been on the bad list my entire life, and perhaps if it truly was Santa, I would take my revenge now. I dropped the intruder with the next shot.

Fear struck through my heart as daylight came up and I got a better look.... I'd just taken Santa out.

My apologies for any gifts he did not deliver after my house.

But on a good note, I did get my AR-15 magazines I'd asked for so I must have made the "Good" list this year!

[Linked Image]

Don't expect that to hold him for long. My Grandfather shot Santa when I was very young, and I have witnesses!
We were all tucked in our beds, and supposed to be sleeping, but you know how hard it is to sleep when Santa's in route.
We heard a clatter, and Grandpa started arguing with someone else about TOO MUCH WEIGHT on the roof he himself built!
He yelled to get that dang sled and those animals off his roof before it gave way! Oh, he was mad. They argued, and suddenly there were TWO SHOTS, and we ran out in our pajamas to find gramps with a smoking shotgun, 2 sled tracks across the roof, what had to be deer tracks, and a big red blood stain in the roof snow, and Santa was gone!
Grandpa built that house by hand, and materials were in short supply due to the war. Anything that would hold a nail for shingles was used to build it, and he was sure Santa was about to destroy his roof in the dead of winter, and that would never do, so he shot him.
Santa must be related to wolverine though, because he did return later that same night, and still left our presents.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
Merry Christmas to everyone, especially Savage lovers! We have a white Christmas here in northern NJ this year. Just a dusting, maybe an inch, but it's nice to see. May everyone have a healthy and happy New Year.
Posted By: 99trix Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
Merry Christmas one and all. Hopefully you all have a fun filled day with family and friends.

Blair
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
Wife and I started at 6am with "The Polar Bear Club" meaning when it snows, we always jump in the spa. smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: 99in22_250 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
Safe travels, and Merry Christmas!!
Posted By: olgrouser Re: Let me be the first... - 12/25/17
+1

"A very Merry Christmas to all!"
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Let me be the first... - 12/26/17
Christmas day started out with a power failure that lasted from about 8AM to 10AM. 8 was about when the turkey needed to go in the oven. My wife freaked, I called my cousins. No power failure at their house. I got my wife calmed down enough to take the turkey to their house. My hunting buddy Ralph's daughter had to eat early since she had to cross South Pass get back to Lander. No turkey for her. The rest of us started eating about 2 The turkey took longer than anticipated. It was snowing lightly and I was watching the snow nervously since it took an hour and a half last year to plow out the drifts so everyone could go home. Thank God it didn't snow too much this year. My wife gave me a real cool knife and my cousin's husband gave me a really neat game saw. No Savages this year. Happy boxing day to all. David
© 24hourcampfire