Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
It is with deep regret that I inform you we had an intruder last night that came down our chimney last night. Startling me out of a dead sleep, I had forgot what day it was and grabbed my firearm with +P ammunition.

Outside I went in 2" of fresh wet snow that fell overnight, barefoot, now hearing someone laughing, almost a "Ha Ha Ha" on the roof of my house. I was very irratated at this point.

I have a shoot first policy and let that thief have it with 3 rounds. I'm certain at least one impacted the suspect in the dark as he stood there on my roof, a twinkle in his eye.

That's when my wife came to the door and told me that the cookies on the fireplace mantle had all been eaten and the eggnog drank.

At this point the suspect had fallen off the roof and his getaway sled was leaving the scene fast. And I noticed this man in a red suit trying to make a dash for the woods.

That's when I figured out that I'd been on the bad list my entire life, and perhaps if it truly was Santa, I would take my revenge now. I dropped the intruder with the next shot.

Fear struck through my heart as daylight came up and I got a better look.... I'd just taken Santa out.

My apologies for any gifts he did not deliver after my house.

But on a good note, I did get my AR-15 magazines I'd asked for so I must have made the "Good" list this year!

[Linked Image]

Don't expect that to hold him for long. My Grandfather shot Santa when I was very young, and I have witnesses!
We were all tucked in our beds, and supposed to be sleeping, but you know how hard it is to sleep when Santa's in route.
We heard a clatter, and Grandpa started arguing with someone else about TOO MUCH WEIGHT on the roof he himself built!
He yelled to get that dang sled and those animals off his roof before it gave way! Oh, he was mad. They argued, and suddenly there were TWO SHOTS, and we ran out in our pajamas to find gramps with a smoking shotgun, 2 sled tracks across the roof, what had to be deer tracks, and a big red blood stain in the roof snow, and Santa was gone!
Grandpa built that house by hand, and materials were in short supply due to the war. Anything that would hold a nail for shingles was used to build it, and he was sure Santa was about to destroy his roof in the dead of winter, and that would never do, so he shot him.
Santa must be related to wolverine though, because he did return later that same night, and still left our presents.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Merry Christmas to everyone, especially Savage lovers! We have a white Christmas here in northern NJ this year. Just a dusting, maybe an inch, but it's nice to see. May everyone have a healthy and happy New Year.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Merry Christmas one and all. Hopefully you all have a fun filled day with family and friends.

Blair

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife and I started at 6am with "The Polar Bear Club" meaning when it snows, we always jump in the spa. smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 12/25/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Safe travels, and Merry Christmas!!

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1

"A very Merry Christmas to all!"

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Christmas day started out with a power failure that lasted from about 8AM to 10AM. 8 was about when the turkey needed to go in the oven. My wife freaked, I called my cousins. No power failure at their house. I got my wife calmed down enough to take the turkey to their house. My hunting buddy Ralph's daughter had to eat early since she had to cross South Pass get back to Lander. No turkey for her. The rest of us started eating about 2 The turkey took longer than anticipated. It was snowing lightly and I was watching the snow nervously since it took an hour and a half last year to plow out the drifts so everyone could go home. Thank God it didn't snow too much this year. My wife gave me a real cool knife and my cousin's husband gave me a really neat game saw. No Savages this year. Happy boxing day to all. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,945 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,489
Posts18,490,354
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.