Home
Posted By: tzone Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/24/08
I know this isn't the right place for this post, but is the forum I'm on and Heartbreak Ridge is on the tube. Man I love his movies, more great one liners in 10 minutes than most of the crap tinsle town puts out all year.

like.... get that contraban outa my face before I shove it so far up you azz you'll have to set fire to your nose to light it.

Tom
Posted By: kman Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/24/08
I was watching that movie too. Great movie. I watched Unforgiven last weekend. That's another good one.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/25/08
My girlfriend brought over "Bridges of Madison County" a
few weeks ago, not your typical rough and tough Clint, but
not a bad movie.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/25/08
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is pretty good.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/25/08
not a huge clint fan but heartbreak ridge is a good one
Posted By: Domhnall Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/26/08
Kelly's Heroes! Not so much for Eastwood but for all the others. Classic funny. Was on yesterday AM and I wasted my morning on it, not for the first time. First saw it in theater in l970 back to back with Patton. Best day at movies ever.
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/26/08
Yea, Kelly's Heroes is an all time great!
Posted By: AMRA Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/26/08
Outlaw Josey Wales, I went to the Movie House 23 times to see it
when it first come out! The only movie I have seen more times is my all time Number 1 " Jeremiah Johnson "
AMRA
Posted By: tzone Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/27/08
You would need a loan to see a movie that many times in a row now days.

Tom
Posted By: Outcast Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/27/08
Originally Posted by AMRA
when it first come out! The only movie I have seen more times is my all time Number 1 " Jeremiah Johnson "
AMRA

AMRA,

Look up the book CROW KILLER, forget the author. It's the true account of Liver eattin' Johnson. Great read.

O
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot-I believe he directed that one.
Unforgiven is a pretty amazing movie also.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/28/08
I always liked the scene in "The Gauntlet" where the cops shoot the house until it collapses; that and the scence in the "Eiger Sanction" where George Kennedy tricks Clint into carrying a six pack of Olympia all the way up a rock formation. Gotta have a sixer of Olympia whenever I watch that movie grin
Posted By: Swift Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/28/08
Outlaw Josey Wales AMRA

One of the best!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/28/08
you guys forgot "The Unforgiven"...with Morgan Freeman
and the other western where he plays the Preacher in the California Mining Camp... which the name slips my memory at the moment..

and then of course the wonderful Dirty Harry Movies...
I think all real men love to watch those, after a day of dealing with liberals or our leftist society in America...
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/28/08
The preacher movie is "Pale Rider."
Posted By: Lonny Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/29/08
The Outlaw Josey Wales is my fav, but its tough to pass up High Plains Drifter when its on the tube. The Eiger Sanction and Where Eagles Dare are worth calling in sick for a day.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/29/08
UNFORGIVEN is unreal on many levels. When he picks up the whiskey bottle after he finds out Ned got killed ... oh man. VERY well written movie ... a work of true art if you ask me, and the Oscars were well deserved.

OUTLAW JOSEY WALES might be his most entertaining.

I wish he'd do another Western.

rb
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/29/08
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. All time classic. Lighting cannons off with a cigar and shooting the hanging rope at the end.
Youtube Trailer

Had some in laws that used to live in Burney, CA near Clint's ranch (where the big muley was poached). Clint was totally different in real life...........

MtnHtr
Posted By: Seafire Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/29/08
Originally Posted by Oregon45
The preacher movie is "Pale Rider."

thanks 45! I just had one of those senior blank mind moments..

Pale Rider and the Unforgiven are my favorite two westerns of his...

and I always feel better about our lefty liberal world after watching Dirty Harry.. that is kind of therapy for me...

some nights you just need to see street justice divied out to street punks.. instead of lefty liberal courts letting them loose...
Posted By: fish30ought6 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/30/08
1) Unforgiven
2) The Outlaw Josey Wales
3) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
4) Dirty Harry
5) Kelly's Heroes

Best line: A man's gotta know his limitations ...
Posted By: jpb Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/30/08
Originally Posted by RickBin
UNFORGIVEN is unreal on many levels. When he picks up the whiskey bottle after he finds out Ned got killed ... oh man. VERY well written movie ... a work of true art if you ask me, and the Oscars were well deserved.

OUTLAW JOSEY WALES might be his most entertaining.

I wish he'd do another Western.

rb

It seems that RickBin and I have the same tastes!

I was going to comment on the writing & directing in Unforgiven, and Outlaw Josey Wales as the one that had me smiling the most!

Chief Dan George was perfect in his role in Outlaw Josey Wales.

John

Originally Posted by Mtn Hunter

Had some in laws that used to live in Burney, CA near Clint's ranch (where the big muley was poached).
MtnHtr

That wouldn't happen to be the same "Burney Buck" that ended up on a postcard,is it?IIRC,it was the late 80's/early 90's.

WB.
Originally Posted by jpb

John

Chief Dan George has some of the best lines ever in movie history.I watched an interview with Clint Eastwood once-he said George couldn't remember his lines,so they just told him to do whatever he wanted.

Josey Wales-"You got any food?"
Chief-"Well,I've got this peice of hard rock candy.But it isn't for eating-it's just for lookin through."

He had some classic lines in "Little Big Man" as well."Sometimes the magic works.Sometimes it doesn't."

WB.
Posted By: sscoyote Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/31/08
Oh man--give me Joe Kidd anyday. All those pretty rifles, and the long-range shots. One of the best parts in any movie was when he shot Mingo off that rock at long-range with 1 of the rigs he stole from him-neato!!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/31/08
This doesn't make any sense at all...everyone here loves John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Robert Duvall...yet no one can agree on the best caliber, sitting near a deer feeder, or whether to shoot with a fixed power scope or a variable...!??
Posted By: tx270 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/31/08
Originally Posted by shrapnel
This doesn't make any sense at all...everyone here loves John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Robert Duvall...yet no one can agree on the best caliber, sitting near a deer feeder, or whether to shoot with a fixed power scope or a variable...!??

Thats because all of us here are cut from the same pie, we just like to nitpick who's slice is the best. grin

Bill
Posted By: Ruger # 1 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/31/08
Originally Posted by tx270
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Thats because all of us here are cut from the same pie, we just like to nitpick who's slice is the best. grin

Bill

Thats about the best summation I've heard in a long time! cool
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/31/08
TZONE - "Man I love his movies, more great one liners in 10 minutes than most of the crap tinsle town puts out all year."

Don't forget, those "great one liners" are written by writers sitting in front of a typewriter, or keyboard. Eastwood, and other actors, just read them, albeit some actors "read" the lines better than others. laugh

As for the flick, JOE KIDD, the script was written by the very fine writer, Elmore Leonard, and his original title was "SINOLA." Leonard is one of the few writers, novels and screenplays, who knows a fair amount about firearms.

FWIW.

L.W.
Originally Posted by RickBin

+1 on that. After watching it the first time, I thought it was one of the darkest movies Id seen in a long time.
English freakin Bob-that entire theme was just incredible.
And Hackman at the end " I was building a house.I dont deserve this."
"Deserves got nothing to do with it."
Think I am going to go rent it tonight.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/31/08
And the oblique commentary on the caricature he played in most of his spaghetti westerns.

No fancy shooting (the hangman's rope, the bullet through the hat, etc.).

Instead, he gut-shoots an innocent kid with a rifle while hidden away in the rocks. Cowardly act in stark contrast to his usual bravado.

Same thing when he murders the unarmed Skinny in cold blood, and when he finishes off Bill.

A former drunken murderer turned pig farmer with a conscience. grin

"I ain't like you Bill."

"It's a helluva thing, kilin' a man ... you take away everything he is, and everything he's gonna be."

And then he goes into town ...

So many levels.

Superbly written movie!
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 05/31/08
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by Mtn Hunter

Had some in laws that used to live in Burney, CA near Clint's ranch (where the big muley was poached).
MtnHtr

That wouldn't happen to be the same "Burney Buck" that ended up on a postcard,is it?IIRC,it was the late 80's/early 90's.

WB.

Nope, it was a different buck. I think they used DNA to link the gutpile to the culprit.

Clint was a common figure in town, though he was not too sociable with the general public. Not uncommon with some popular actors.

MtnHtr
No one has mentioned "White Hunter Black Heart"
- he plays a movie director based on John Huston, who directed "The African Queen" - so he could go to Africa and go hunting.
I really liked that movie.

I was impressed with Unforgiven - he starts out as the Clint in the Westerns he played in later life, and by the end of the movie he had turned back into the Man With No Name from his Spaghetti Westerns.
It felt to me like the last western for him and he did it knowing that.

I was a big spaghetti western fan when I was a kid. I just suddenly remembered that I used to tape record the theme music from them off the TV. No vcr in those days.
Posted By: ExpatFromOK Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/05/08
Watched Hud the other night. Fantastic movie. They should remake it with Clint playing the father.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/05/08
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
TZONE - "Man I love his movies, more great one liners in 10 minutes than most of the crap tinsle town puts out all year."

Don't forget, those "great one liners" are written by writers sitting in front of a typewriter, or keyboard. Eastwood, and other actors, just read them, albeit some actors "read" the lines better than others. laugh

As for the flick, JOE KIDD, the script was written by the very fine writer, Elmore Leonard, and his original title was "SINOLA." Leonard is one of the few writers, novels and screenplays, who knows a fair amount about firearms.

FWIW.

L.W.

Joe Kidd is also one of the few movies prominently featuring a Savage 99, which Robert Duvall's character carries, the other Savage 99 movie I know of is "Death Hunt" with Charles Bronson...
Posted By: Big_Redhead Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/05/08
Originally Posted by Lonny
The Outlaw Josey Wales is my fav, but its tough to pass up High Plains Drifter when its on the tube. The Eiger Sanction and Where Eagles Dare are worth calling in sick for a day.

I agree with your choices 100%. I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world who remembers "Where Eagles Dare." I haven't seen that one in years. They don't make movies like that any more.

-
Posted By: grand_veneur Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/06/08
Originally Posted by ULA24
Yea, Kelly's Heroes is an all time great!

I really love his movies. And Kelly's Heroes pleased me very much. Strange movie, mixing some 70's spirit during WWII. A few years ago I saw a more recent movie with George Cloney. I don't remember the title but it was happening during the "desert storm" campaign and I thought "Damn, that's Kelly's Heroes in modern times".

Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/06/08
That's "Three Kings" the one George Clooney movie I like; Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube.. great underrated film. Don't particularly like the message, but I can put that aside and enjoy the movie.

Posted By: grand_veneur Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/06/08
Not as good as Kelly's Heroes anyway, IMO ...

You think "Three Kings" was a "message movie" ?
Posted By: Jericho Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/08/08
I have "White Hunter, Black Heart" on DVD and dont really
care for it. Another movie "Heartbreak Ridge" I kind of like,
but not very realistic, just cant see lower rank talking to
a USMC Gunnery SGT like that in real life, especially RECON.
I don't really care for "White Hunter,Black Heart" either.

A favorite movie of mine that Eastwood directed and co-stared in is "A Perfect World",with Kevin Costner.

WB.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/09/08
WCB,
I havent seen that movie in years!
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/09/08
JOE KIDD writer Elmore Leonard certainly did know something about classic firearms. From Frank Harlan's Custom Savage 99(1899), Olin Mingo's Remington-Keene sporter(1880)in .45-70, Lamarr Simms Mauser C-96(1896) broomhandle and Joe's Cased Ross Rifle sporter model M-10 (1910) in .280 Ross. Leonard took special care to ensure all weapons(even the optics)were period accurate for that movie, being set in pre-statehood New Mexico territory (1912).
Originally Posted by Jericho
WCB,
I havent seen that movie in years!

About ten years ago,it seemed like it was on TV every single day.Haven't seen it in years either.

WB.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/09/08
5 internet bonus points to whomever can name the author and book that Josey Wales is based on? Hint: he was from Alabama and Politically connected in the 70's.
Forrest Carter wrote the book.IIRC,he was connected to George Wallace.

WB.
Posted By: ExpatFromOK Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/09/08
Actually, the movie was made from TWO books written by Forrest Carter, though since the movie was made, you can often find them packaged together. They are "The Outlaw Josey Wales", and "Gone To Texas". Forrest Carter was an outstanding writer, IMHO the equal of Larry McMurtry (Lonesome Dove, The Last Picture Show, Horseman Pass By (aka Hud)) and Elmore Leonard (Hombre', Valdez Is Coming, many more). Carter wrote an outstanding book about Geronimo called "Watch For Me On the Mountain" and another great book set in SE Tennessee about a Cherokee boy titled "The Education of Little Tree".

Expat
Posted By: powdr Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/14/08
Nobody liked Coogan's Bluff? Great one liners and a lot of fast action.I can't remember the nameof the hot blonde he was boxing.
Posted By: Ivan Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/14/08
lamest Clint flick? City Heat?

fave Clint flick - that is a really tough call... so many great ones (most of which you guys have already mentioned anyway)

as an aside - Firefox is a pretty cool story; it's not top shelf but worth checking out just the same
Posted By: Seafire Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/14/08
What is great, is that most of Clint Eastwood's movies are full of fecees... but no one gives a darn because they are so entertaining and hit upon most folks sense of right and wrong...

I never can watch the Unforgiven, without putting in Pale Rider immediately after it....

Good thing I don't have a copy of Jose Wales and Dirty Harry, or I'd be up all night watching Clint Eastwood Movies any night I just pulled one of them out.. I also have Kelly's Heroes and Where Eagles Dare on DVD also...

But an evening with Pale Rider or the Unforgiven, with a non Clint Eastwood movie on the billing, Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck makes a man go to bed feeling good about the world...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/14/08
Heck,

Bronson "Death Wish Movies"
Clint Eastwood " Man Movies" ( as Tim Allen puts it)
and Tom Selleck Movies...

Also lets not forget the Duke in his last and best movie...
"The Shootist"....
Posted By: db102550 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/15/08
Right Turn Clyde.....
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/15/08
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by jpb

John

Chief Dan George has some of the best lines ever in movie history.I watched an interview with Clint Eastwood once-he said George couldn't remember his lines,so they just told him to do whatever he wanted.

WB.

The chief was great in that movie. Another good supporting actor used to be Strother Martin. He was good in "Hard Times" Cool Hand Luke", but here is my favorite character he did.

Strother Martin
Posted By: 106rr Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/16/08
"Heartbreak Ridge" talking about the Ridge "if they don't kill us here, they surely will break our hearts" The feeling expressed in that line brought back some very bad military memories. This movie was a cheap remake of "The Sands of Iwo Jima" in every respect except for that line.
His use of product placement (where a company pays you to show their product in the movie) in "The Gauntlet" was outrageous. There was a can of Tab cola balanced on the dashboard of the police car for most of the movie. This was a cheapskate way to get ad money from Tab. The six pack of Oly in Eiger was another. Any body know the Asian woman in Eiger and Dirty Harry?
I liked "Honky Tonk Man" and thought that it was closest to the real Eastwood. He is a vegan and far better musician than a shooter. In general I am a big fan and appreciate his work. he also hires the best location people in the business. Pale Rider and Unforgiven were great. The man is a genius.
106rr

Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/16/08
106RR - "This movie [HEARTBREAK RIDGE] was a cheap remake of "The Sands of Iwo Jima" in every respect except for that line.

... he [Eastwood] also hires the best location people in the business. Pale Rider and Unforgiven were great."

PALE RIDER was just a very thinly disguised remake of SHANE. Even some of the lines and scenes were lifted from the flick, SHANE.

Don't know if Eastwood is a "vegan" or not, but he despises hunters and hunting, and expressed those sentiments in a long feature interview of him in the Los Angeles Times' Sunday Calendar section, several years ago.

He's also no great friend of the Second Amendment, although he owns quite a few firearms. Okay for him and his buds in "the Business" but not for you and me.

L.W.
Posted By: BroncoLope Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/19/08
Yeeeee Haaaaaaw. Yessir on Clint and Heartbreak ridge. I swear the charactor was portrayed off of one of my company gunnies in the Marine Corps (UHH RAHH Semper Fi) he had the exact raspy way of talking, but I guess a lot of old core gunnies sounded like that from all the smoking drinking and yelling - nuff said
Posted By: Jericho Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/21/08
Dang, I been hitting the video stores and cant find "Sudden
Impact" and "Perfect World" anywhere. See what you guys started.
Posted By: nathanial Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/21/08
Joe Kidd was the Eastwood movie I liked the most. However Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josey Wales and Heartbreak Ridge are right in there to.
Posted By: Kamiahkid Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/24/08
AMRA

+1
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/24/08
Clint is awfully good, but he is NOT John Wayne. smile
Posted By: 2crow Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/24/08
No one has mentioned "Bronco Billy" yet!

I'd have to give a thumbs up to Unforgiven as his best with Outlaw a close 2nd.

Really liked Hang'em High! and Joe Kidd too.
Posted By: Clint Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 06/29/08
Absolute Power
Joe Kid
Unforgiven
Any Which Way you can.. I named my dog right turn Clyde.
Paint Your Wagon.. I still get a kick watching Eastwood and Lee Marvin in a musical.
Posted By: 2crow Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/01/08
Forgot about paint yer Wagon! Love that one too.....

"I was born under a wonderin star...."

Great Tune.
Ha ! I as going to say "Paint Your Wagon."

I havnt seen that movie in over twenty years. Im too scared to watch it now in case its no good now Im older.

Paint your wagon, and come along...
Posted By: 2crow Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/02/08
It's still just as good!
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/08/08
Seafire: I got to rub shoulders with quite a number of Hollywood types during my 29 year carreer on the Seattle Police Department.
Two of my favorites were John Wayne and Gerald McRaney! Both great outdoorsmen and not the least bit aloof!
Speaking of aloof - I had occassion to be on the personal protection squad for Yul Brynner when he was in Seattle doing stage performances of "The King & I".
What a DORK!
Standing orders from him, for our squad, was to turn away from Mr. Brynner whenever he walked past and never make eye contact with him!
Let alone talk to him!
Mr. Wayne was quite the opposite and for weeks he went out of his way to speak with and be friendly with the boys in blue providing for his security!
Indeed one of the guys in blue became a life long chess playing partner with Mr. Wayne!
At the "wrap party" for the Seattle made movie "McQ" (which tragically I was not able to attend) Mr. John Wayne went around to each uniformed officer and gave them a Buck folding knife that he personally had bought (in fact he bought out the supply of them at the then original Eddie Bauer Store!) and shook their hand!
Other friendly Hollywood types that I had the pleasure of working security for were Tom Hanks (what a splendid and truly funny person he is!), Sylvester Stallone, Meg Ryan, Nick Nolte, Martin Short and on and on.
My closest encounter with a "star" though occurred when I was about 9 years old! I was a beginning swimmer and my friends were goading me into jumping off of the high dive! Well at this swimming hole you had to be able to swim the length of the roped off swim area twice, and I had not yet qualified!
I and my friends waited until the handsome young male lifeguard was pre-occupied with a gaggle of scantily clad teenybobbers and I snuck up to the high dive for the first time and "jumped" in!
Well I did not have a successful landing and I was in the process of choking to death on ingested water when said lifeguard dove in and saved my skinny butt!
I will never forget his face as he did the old style elbow lift type rescuscitation on me - it was Clint Eastwood!
He not only was a lifeguard for a short time in my hometown but he worked at Pacific Car & Foundry there for a short time. My father worked there at the time.
Yep Clint Eastwood is a talented man, great actor and an accomplished director - I enjoyed all his movies and especially liked "White Hunter - Black Heart"!
I don't know why?
Maybe it was the double Rifles and the insights into Hollywood types?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: tzone Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/08/08
Cool story.

Kind of funny that Yul Brenner did not want anyone to look at him. I have not seen anything he was in and could not pick him form Adam in a two person line up. Maybe if we could look at him it would be different smile

Tom
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/09/08
Tzone: Yul Brynner was in a lot of movies including "The Magnificient Seven" and "The Ten Commandments" etc.
He won an Oscar for the film version of The King & I.
And he was born in Russia so maybe he did not know how to handle success?
Maybe you remember the TV commercials where Yul Brynner begged folks "Just don't smoke"! - he had died of lung cancer and wanted the commercial ran only after his death. It ran a long time on TV IIRC.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Gerald McRaney is one of the only two stars I wouldn't mind meeting-the other is Tom Selleck.Both seem very down to earth and both enjoy my favorite passtimes-McRaney hunting,Selleck gun collecting.

I'll never forget an interview with Tom Selleck on David Letterman around 10-15 years ago.Dave had talked to him in a previous interview about where he lived.Selleck said he lived on an avacado farm in California.Dave asked him if he liked avacados,and Selleck said he had never eaten one.So for the next interview,Dave had someone bring out an avacado for Tom to try.He took a bite,and Dave asked what he thought.Selleck looked at him and said,"These things taste awful!" LOL

WB.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/15/08
WheelchairBandit: I was up at the Westley/Richards high end Gunshop in Bozeman, Montana a couple months ago. I was perusing everything in the store from the fine custom "double Rifles" to the excellent variety of rare Hunting books when I came across an "item" with a large hanging tag on the "rack".
The tag said "hold for Tom Selleck".
I inquired of the proprietor if the tag was for the actor Tom Selleck and he replied yes he's one of our valued customers!
I too would also like to meet him someday.
Personally I never start conversations with the Hollywood types but once they say something to me, I gleefully engage with them!
I only wish I would have asked Mr. John Wayne for his autograph instead of just conversing with him back when I was working around him!
I worked with a fellow for many years sometime back. He and his wife would take a 2 week vacation to Hawaii every year. He would scuba dive and snorkel in the afternoons and his wife would go sit in their rental car outside Tom Sellecks island home during her husbands swim times!
She not only had an admiration for Mr. Selleck it was bordering on fanaticism! Anyway she would sit there for a couple of hours each day hoping to get a glimpse of him!
Now this was an otherwise normal/sane woman - yet she would "waste away" much of her vacation time hoping for a "chance" encounter with her favorite Hollywood type.
Thankfully I only have just a touch of what she had (star envy?).
You know another Oscar winner I got to rub shoulders with was Charlton Heston.
Back in 1997 I was asked to work on the security detail of the N.R.A. Annual Meeting and Convention. Mr. Heston was most gracious and very approachable and engaging throughout that week (during the convention and during the annual meeting).
May he rest in peace!
A true gentle man he was.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I think Outlaw Josie Wales is one of my favorites.

The Dirty Harry Cop movies were OK as well as the Fistful of Dollars movies.

Play Misty for me was scary..;) and I don't scare easily..:)

In the Line of Fire where he played the aging Secret Service Agent wasn't bad either..

"Old agent with questionable social skills"...was an unforgettable line..:0

Firefox was good..but weak in spots..

Never was quite as appreciative of the 'Any Which Way But Loose' movies..tho they were funny.Don't like his former wife and co star..the blonde girl..with the cold eyes..can't recall her name right now tho..:)

Heartbreak Ridge wasn't too bad..but a bit contrived and about Grenada?..:(

Haven't seen the one with him & Morgan Freeman where he has a gal prize fighter.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/15/08
I watched the Outlaw Josie Wales last night and what made me laugh the most was when Josie would spit his chewing tobacco on the men he had just killed or the dog.
Posted By: big_mike58 Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/15/08
Don't forget the classic Magnum Force. The famous line, " A man has got to know his limitations."
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/15/08
Kelly's Heroes
Posted By: grand_veneur Re: Clint Eastwood Movies - 07/16/08
Damn !!! I enjoy western movies for at least 28 years and I'm sure I've never seen Joe Kidd shown on TV. Why ????
© 24hourcampfire