Home
Which cartridge would you build it around?
Purely for accuracy I'd think hard about one of the PPC rounds (22/6mm). Of the many good benchrest rounds, the PPC case is easy to do in an AR, with readily available bolts and magazines.

My personal choice was the 243 LBC which is very similar to the 6mm PPC, just .070" longer at the shoulder, and no neck turning. My choice wasn't based on purely accuracy though, but also other things like range, trajectory, and bullet choices.
call dtech and get a 12 twist 223,
It has been proven to me several times that a 6ppc is the most accurate cartridge around..........but it also can be finicky, If I were building an AR purely for accuracy it would be a 222 Remington. More accurate any day of the week than a 223 and not finicky
I wonder if the 6Creedmoor will become the standard for accuracy. I don't know enough about it to say but it fits the profile. But then again, you were talking about the AR 15 platform so it's a moot point.
Good info guys. The reason I ask is because I have my eye on a nice LWRC lower that is exactly how I would have built it for a precision rifle: PRS stock, geiselle SSA-E trigger, k2+ grip and all ambidextrous. As far as barrels go, I will tell you which ones I won't use this time: Noveske or Wilson. Only because I have both right now and I'd like to try something different. I'm thinking WOA or maybe something you guys might suggest.
Merely for punching paper? Range?
Yep. Mostly punching paper. Maybe sage rats. Range: sub 600 yards. For those that know about the black rifle challenge here and those who have participated in that shoot, they know what I'm after....Tiny 10 shot groups at a mere 100 yards would be a good starting point.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Good info guys. The reason I ask is because I have my eye on a nice LWRC lower that is exactly how I would have built it for a precision rifle: PRS stock, geiselle SSA-E trigger, k2+ grip and all ambidextrous. As far as barrels go, I will tell you which ones I won't use this time: Noveske or Wilson. Only because I have both right now and I'd like to try something different. I'm thinking WOA or maybe something you guys might suggest.

You said "Most Accurate", so I'd be thinking Krieger or a Mark Chanlynn Barrel from Rocky Mountain Rifle Works. Mark guarantees 1/2 MOA ten shot groups at 100 yards.
Awesome as. I'll definitely keep them in mind. Thanks.
PPC of some form. Not sure I know the true answer though but I'd grab a 6 ppc if I had to do it on the spur of the moment.

Not knowing the differences to the 243 lbc that might be smarter but I don't know.
Up to 300, 223 in a 12 twist for 52-53 grainers, over that a 223 7 inch twist for 75-88 grainers
Some of you probably know Buddy Reich. This is an email that I received last week.

Dear Sirs,
First let me introduce myself. My name is Hugh Reich, friends call me Buddy. I started formal target shooting in 1972. I have shot many disciplines over the years and am currently shooting with the Texas Service Rifle Team. I'm a NRA Distinguished High master, I've shoot with the Texas team for five years with five civilian nation championships, one team national record, and an individual national record, both still standing.
I received my .224 barrel blank around 6/20/18. It was delivered to Justin Utley, Team Caption and Armor. Justin turned and chamber the barrel and mounted it on a new RR upper. Justin chambered using a short throated Wylde.
After I received the new upper I preformed a break in, fire one and clean. It didn't take but a couple shots to realize it wasn't going to take as long as I'm accustom to. There was the typical copper fowling at the muzzle but cleaned up real easy. I felt comfortable to shoot away in much less time than usual. Did I say it cleans up easy, I'll say it again, cleans easier than anything I've shot.
This barrel is very accurate! I shot this barrel in a 3x600 a couple weeks ago, 598/40. I can tell you, if it wasn't an X, it was me. From what I have seen so far the barrel is shooting around .2.
My compliment's to all the folks at Shilen.

Regards,
Buddy Reich
Krieger, Bartlein or Broughton blank. 6mm of some kind, the 6mmAR, 243LBC, 6mm Grendel, 6mm Predator are all the same body and neck dimensions with just a very little difference in freebore between the 4. .900-.950 or close behind the gas block, .875 gas block and 800-850 muzzle no threads.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Some of you probably know Buddy Reich. This is an email that I received last week.

Dear Sirs,
First let me introduce myself. My name is Hugh Reich, friends call me Buddy. I started formal target shooting in 1972. I have shot many disciplines over the years and am currently shooting with the Texas Service Rifle Team. I'm a NRA Distinguished High master, I've shoot with the Texas team for five years with five civilian nation championships, one team national record, and an individual national record, both still standing.
I received my .224 barrel blank around 6/20/18. It was delivered to Justin Utley, Team Caption and Armor. Justin turned and chamber the barrel and mounted it on a new RR upper. Justin chambered using a short throated Wylde.
After I received the new upper I preformed a break in, fire one and clean. It didn't take but a couple shots to realize it wasn't going to take as long as I'm accustom to. There was the typical copper fowling at the muzzle but cleaned up real easy. I felt comfortable to shoot away in much less time than usual. Did I say it cleans up easy, I'll say it again, cleans easier than anything I've shot.
This barrel is very accurate! I shot this barrel in a 3x600 a couple weeks ago, 598/40. I can tell you, if it wasn't an X, it was me. From what I have seen so far the barrel is shooting around .2.
My compliment's to all the folks at Shilen.

Regards,
Buddy Reich

Butch,

Who's barrel did you send him?

Per the OP's question above, this thread is not about who's barrel to use, it's about what cartridge to chamber for.

Who's barrel is quite another whole different argument............................just sayin'.

If I wanted to strive for the very best, ultimately accurate rifle, I chamber in in something based on the 6 PPC of some iteration.

But whatever it would be, the very best bullets would have to fit mag length............no single loading for me as I simply don't want to put up with anything that doesn't feed from a magazine.

The 243 LBC sounds very interesting but I've not done one yet & I'm not sure how widely it's chambered for from the major, top shelf barrel manufacturers though.

MM
I'm with you on that MM. I don't want to single feed, I don't want to have to use proprietary mags either. The less trouble or potential problems, the better. As for guys bringing up barrel manufactures, that's my fault, as I stated I would probably use something other than Noveske and Wilson. I appreciate the suggestions in regards to barrels. Was actually waiting for you to respond as well, as I know you have mentioned the use of different barrels, such as WOA.
Actually, a really good 223 Wylde is accurate enough for virtually all my needs, out to 600 yards or so.

But as for WOA, they don't make any barrels, they just do the chambering & the configuration. Same for Compass Lake.

We should probably have a "who's barrel thread" as that would likely get really very interesting.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Per the OP's question above, this thread is not about who's barrel to use, it's about what cartridge to chamber for.

Who's barrel is quite another whole different argument............................just sayin'.

If I wanted to strive for the very best, ultimately accurate rifle, I chamber in in something based on the 6 PPC of some iteration.

But whatever it would be, the very best bullets would have to fit mag length............no single loading for me as I simply don't want to put up with anything that doesn't feed from a magazine.

The 243 LBC sounds very interesting but I've not done one yet & I'm not sure how widely it's chambered for from the major, top shelf barrel manufacturers though.

MM

Hand meet glove.

It doesn't matter what cartridge you pick if the chamber's cut into a crap barrel.
Of course.............but that's not what it was about.

Lot's of other factors play into an accurate rifle, besides the cartridge selection............but just discussing the cartridge on it's own merits assumes the other factors are as required for an "accurate" rifle.

Maybe we could discuss what an "accurate" rifle is, too while we're at it.

MM
Of course.............but that's not what it was about.

Lot's of other factors play into an accurate rifle, besides the cartridge selection............but just discussing the cartridge on it's own merits assumes the other factors are as required for an "accurate" rifle.

Maybe we could discuss what an "accurate" rifle is, too while we're at it.

MM

You are not a moderator.

I will answer as I choose.

I care more about the OP's opinion than yours.

Awesome as. I'll definitely keep them in mind. Thanks.

Besides,

The is The Fire. By the time we are done with this thread contributors may have helped the OP with choice of cartridge, barrel, stock, muzzle device, parts kit, BCG, scope, load, gunsmith with the correct reamer, along with a new Bourbon to drink while he puts it together.

In the process, we might feed his addiction with idea's for at least 3 more builds. If we accomplished all of that, I'd call it a successful thread.
Value what you choose; your opinion or comment matters not at all to me.

What you stated was only the obvious about needing a clean job of chambering so I can't imagine what you were / are trying to accomplish.

MM
Value what you choose; your opinion or comment matters not at all to me.

What you stated was only the obvious about needing a clean job of chambering so I can't imagine what you were / are trying to accomplish.

MM

All you've managed to accomplished trying to be Thread Cop is derailing the thread.

You are not adding value, but just gumming up the conversation.
You gummed it up by getting your fellers hurt & trying to show us all how smart you really are.

BSA is not a rookie & is more than knowledgeable enough to know that there's more to an accurate rifle than the chambering's headstamp.

But it was pretty clear as to what he asked.

When he asks what barrel to use or who to do the chambering, than I'll answer those questions then.

MM
You gummed it up by getting your fellers hurt & trying to show us all how smart you really are.

BSA is not a rookie & is more than knowledgeable enough to know that there's more to an accurate than the chambering's headstamp.

But it was pretty clear as to what he asked.

When he asks what barrel to use or who to do the chambering, than I'll answer those questions then.

MM

Looks who's trying to assert his dominance by appointing himself "topic cop", and derailing the thread.

Again,

I didn't bring up barrels:

And I addressed an additional specific stated concern:

Yep. Mostly punching paper. Maybe sage rats. Range: sub 600 yards. For those that know about the black rifle challenge here and those who have participated in that shoot, they know what I'm after....Tiny 10 shot groups at a mere 100 yards would be a good starting point.

Before you attempt to act as topic cop, I suggest you learn how to read within the context of a flowing conversation.

Now please apologize so we can get back onto the topic of spending BSA's money.
Hey now, I appreciate both of your opinions and suggestions. You both bring a lot to the table. I don't mind if we talk barrels, bcg's, or even lowers for that matter. Of course the original question was regarding cartridge choice. I was just curious if there was a decidedly clear winner in the "inherently" accurate cartridge department.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Now please apologize so we can get back onto the topic of spending BSA's money.

Not today.

MM
Hey now, I appreciate both of your opinions and suggestions. You both bring a lot to the table. I don't mind if we talk barrels, bcg's, or even lowers for that matter. Of course the original question was regarding cartridge choice. I was just curious if there was a decidedly clear winner in the "inherently" accurate cartridge department.

Sorry BSA, it wasn't my intention to contribute to the meandering of your thread, I just won't abide a self-aggrandizing Thread Nazi when everyone's playing nice.

I just won't abide a self-aggrandizing Thread Nazi

You're even more of a whiner than I thought.

GFY

MM

I just won't abide a unapologetic, self-aggrandizing Thread Nazi

You're even more of a whiner than I thought.

GFY

MM

I suggest you repeat the 8th grade so you can learn to read in context, then an additional year in kindergarten where hopefully, you can learn some manners.
Your words & meaning were perfectly clear; so are mine.

I'm done with you on this subject.

But please feel free, in the future, to continue to regale us with the obvious.

MM
Well that turned to [bleep] in a hurry
For me a Krieger 7.7 Wylde
My choice would be a 6x45 or the 25 Sharps. With the right barrel accuracy would be as good as any AR.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
My choice would be a 6x45 or the 25 Sharps. With the right barrel accuracy would be as good as any AR.

kwg

Those are 2 cartridges that I have been very intrigued by. Thanks for your input..
John Holliger (WOA) brought a 25DTI to hog hunt with us earlier this year. He was pretty high on it.

kwg

Since the question was purely about accuracy, what is it about those particular cartridges that would make you choose them? Have they won many benchrest matches or other competitions?

MM

The 243 LBC is Black Hole Weaponry's version of the various 6mm Grendel wildcats. As noted above, there are plenty others too, and they don't vary by much. It's just a necked down 6.5 Grendel, so no magazine concerns.

The 6 PPC is essentially a shorter 243 LBC (disregarding which came first, just comparing cases) but only by .070", not very much. A 6.5 PPC would just be a shortened 6.5 Grendel.

Any version of any of those is a mag length cartridge for an AR15. For example, in the 243 LBC I'm using the 95gr Berger VLD (hunting); max OAL to the lands is 2.285", but best accuracy in my barrel is at 2.235". I'm using ASC mags that handle up to 2.315" OAL without modifications, so I've got plenty of room to work with even if the throat grows a bit over the next few thousand rounds.
Yondering. I know a guy that has a 6.5 grendel. He has magazine issues, can't even use p mags. Says the cartridge puts too much side pressure in the mag. It jams and from what I saw, the thing is a pos and not worth the trouble. These are all cartridge related issues, that frankly I don't want to hassle with.
Originally Posted by Yondering

MM

The 243 LBC is Black Hole Weaponry's version of the various 6mm Grendel wildcats. As noted above, there are plenty others too, and they don't vary by much. It's just a necked down 6.5 Grendel, so no magazine concerns.

The 6 PPC is essentially a shorter 243 LBC (disregarding which came first, just comparing cases) but only by .070", not very much. A 6.5 PPC would just be a shortened 6.5 Grendel.

Any version of any of those is a mag length cartridge for an AR15. For example, in the 243 LBC I'm using the 95gr Berger VLD (hunting); max OAL to the lands is 2.285", but best accuracy in my barrel is at 2.235". I'm using ASC mags that handle up to 2.315" OAL without modifications, so I've got plenty of room to work with even if the throat grows a bit over the next few thousand rounds.

Yondering,

Are you running stock mags, or have you modified them at all? I understand there may be some mods to assist with the issues mentioned by BSA.
Yondering. I know a guy that has a 6.5 grendel. He has magazine issues, can't even use p mags. Says the cartridge puts too much side pressure in the mag. It jams and from what I saw, the thing is a pos and not worth the trouble. These are all cartridge related issues, that frankly I don't want to hassle with.

No offense intended but that's kind of a "duh" moment. Pmags are made for 5.56, not for the Grendel. Your friend needs to try Grendel mags, not 5.56 mags. Too much side pressure on the mag body is one of the problems with doing that. Also stay away from the really cheap junk mags; you'd expect problems from those in 5.56 too.

I'm using ASC stainless mags with no modifications, they work flawlessly and are only about $12-$16 each. They even have colored followers to identify the cartridge (Grendel followers are blue).

kwg

Since the question was purely about accuracy, what is it about those particular cartridges that would make you choose them? Have they won many benchrest matches or other competitions?

It's just my opinion that the .223 was designed for wounding and maiming people and not really for its accuracy. I think the .223 case has enough powder capacity to accurately push a well designed 90 or 105 bullet to adequate speeds along with the right powder and barrel combination to reach 500 yards quickly and efficiently. Plus, it will fit an AR lower. If you want just a bit more speed, run an Ackley reamer through it. There are some guys at predatormasters.com that have been playing with these designs with good results for a couple of years now.

kwg

kwg

It's just my opinion that the .223 was designed for wounding and maiming people and not really for its accuracy. I think the .223 case has enough powder capacity to accurately push a well designed 90 or 105 bullet to adequate speeds along with the right powder and barrel combination to reach 500 yards quickly and efficiently. Plus, it will fit an AR lower. If you want just a bit more speed, run an Ackley reamer through it. There are some guys at predatormasters.com that have been playing with these designs with good results for a couple of years now.

kwg

That doesn't answer the question; it wasn't about speed or wounding. What specific attributes of those cartridges give them the nod for better accuracy? Why choose those in particular out of the many other options?
I'm no expert on this, but I am surprised that no one has even mentioned the .308. My 20" DPMS Hunter 7.62/.308 gives me groups that I didn't think possible from an AR without spending crazy money.

kwg

kwg

That doesn't answer the question; it wasn't about speed or wounding. What specific attributes of those cartridges give them the nod for better accuracy? Why choose those in particular out of the many other options?

I can't say that any of the 3 calibers are superior. They all have attributes. The .223 with a long bullet (high BC) may be the answer you are looking for. The high BC 6mm's would be next. To me, it all boils down to finding the perfect combination barrel, load, primer and bullet. There is no perfect answer. Too many variables. I personally would probably go with the 6mm. The heavier .25 Sharps could be the most stable in wind but it would have a lower B.C.. My 6mm of choice would be between 90 and 105 grains. They have a history of being accurate to long distances. Follow the history. There is no need to re-invent the wheel. The science is pretty well settled.
kwg
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I'm no expert on this, but I am surprised that no one has even mentioned the .308. My 20" DPMS Hunter 7.62/.308 gives me groups that I didn't think possible from an AR without spending crazy money.

That's because the 308 doesn't fit in an AR15.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

That's because the 308 doesn't fit in an AR15.

AR-10 yes, AR-15 no.
I see. thanks guys. I was just thinking "AR," but now I see my mistake.
Forgive the hijack, but why limit to the AR15 configuration. Is it weight? The 20" DPMS Hunter .308 weighs only 7.76 lbs: http://dpms-gii.com/full.html#configurations

With the Swaro, it consistently shoots 3/4" groups at 100 yards with several factory ammo offerings.

[Linked Image]
JP is the way to go. I built my fair share of AR's over the years. Even using Kreiger and Shilen barrel they never shot as well as my JP. The way the mount the barrel in the upper makes all the difference I believe.
MarineHawk, please shoot the campfire challenge. If yours will consistently shoot 3/4" 10 shot groups then you'll be in the running if you can put 2 10 shot groups on 2 different targets on the same piece of paper.

I'm pretty sure Scenar shooter is in the #1 spot with his GAP 10 in 308

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...black-rifle-challenge-thread#Post9834630
Scenar's rifle is in fact a GAP done piece, but it's 6mm Creed (further validating many of the comments in this thread about 6mm's & accuracy) & yes, he is till in 1st place & likely to stay there too:

Also below is the last listing of the placement order...........might be something newer, not positive.

Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

The range at Fort Peck, Montana. Light winds, 45*F.

[Linked Image]

Rifle: GA Precision GAP10, 6MM Creedmoor
Barrel: 21" Bartlein 5R 1-7.7"
Scope: 3-12X50 S&B PMII
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't shoot this rifle up close too much. It has 600 rounds through it. It shot really well at the Icebreaker, out to, and beyond 1000 meters.

Shot from prone with a Harris 6-9.

Here's the last listing that I had marked; some people shot the same gun multiple time, some people shot different guns for each entry:

Originally Posted by wareagle700
I apologize for not keeping up with the rankings. This is every legitimate entry I found since page 15 when I last updated the scoreboard. Moving forward I will try to keep it more up to date.

Photobucket crapped out on me and lost my target which knocked me out of the top 10 but I will get back up there. wink

IF you wish to look back at a post referenced in the rankings, go to your preferences and set up your profile to view 25 post per page. Thanks.

Current Rankings:

Optics:
1) scenarshooter: .475 MOA (page 6)
2) m1919: .682 MOA (pg25)
3) tex_n_cal: .783 MOA (page 10)
4) KeneticPerformance: .819 MOA (page 8)
5)bsa1917hunter: .833 MOA (pg30)
6) MontanaMan: .867 MOA (pg28)
7) Fiddy: .896 MOA (page 14)
8) Certifiable: .935 MOA (page 10)
9) MontanaMan: 1.004 MOA (pg28)
10)KineticPerformance: 1.064 MOA (pg29)
bsa1917hunter: 1.066 MOA (pg29)
TWR: 1.083 MOA (page 12)
jimmyp: 1.085 MOA (page 5)
bsa1917hunter: 1.096 MOA (pg29)
TWR: 1.110 MOA (page7)
Certifiable: 1.155 MOA (page 5)
MontanaMan: 1.156 MOA (pg28)
bsa1917hunter: 1.179 MOA (pg26)
wareagle700: 1.246 MOA (page 18)
Bluedreaux: 1.251 MOA (page 12)
BGunn: 1.265 MOA (page 2)
bsa1917hunter: 1.305 MOA (pg1)
tex_n_cal: 1.437 MOA (pg26)
348srfun: 1.449 MOA (page 7)
tex_n_cal: 1.461 (page 5)
jimmyp: 1.537 MOA (page 5)
bsa1917hunter: 1.563 MOA (pg26)
tex_n_cal: 1.700 MOA (pg16)
bsa1917hunter: 1.733 MOA (pg26)
fredIII: 1.736 MOA (page 5)
Formidilosus: 1.787 MOA (page 4)
Mathsr: 1.928 MOA (page 4)
wareagle700: 1.968 (page 5)
bruinruin: 2.11 MOA (page 18)
TWR: 2.308 MOA (page 1)
deflave: 2.292 MOA (page 15)
deerstalker: 2.346 MOA (pg23)
amax155: 3.280 MOA (page 16)

Iron Sights:
1) rost495: 199-8x / 1.351 MOA (page 6)
2) wareagle700: 167-0x / 3.320 MOA (page 1)
3)deflave 4.085 MOA (pg 16)

Scenar's rifle is in fact a GAP done piece, but it's 6mm Creed (further validating many of the comments in this thread about 6mm's & accuracy) & yes, he is till in 1st place & likely to stay there too:

Also below is the last listing of the placement order...........might be something newer, not positive.

Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

The range at Fort Peck, Montana. Light winds, 45*F.

[Linked Image]

Rifle: GA Precision GAP10, 6MM Creedmoor
Barrel: 21" Bartlein 5R 1-7.7"
Scope: 3-12X50 S&B PMII
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't shoot this rifle up close too much. It has 600 rounds through it. It shot really well at the Icebreaker, out to, and beyond 1000 meters.

Shot from prone with a Harris 6-9.

Here's the last listing that I had marked; some people shot the same gun multiple time, some people shot different guns for each entry:

Originally Posted by wareagle700
I apologize for not keeping up with the rankings. This is every legitimate entry I found since page 15 when I last updated the scoreboard. Moving forward I will try to keep it more up to date.

Photobucket crapped out on me and lost my target which knocked me out of the top 10 but I will get back up there. wink

IF you wish to look back at a post referenced in the rankings, go to your preferences and set up your profile to view 25 post per page. Thanks.

Current Rankings:

Optics:
1) scenarshooter: .475 MOA (page 6)
2) m1919: .682 MOA (pg25)
3) tex_n_cal: .783 MOA (page 10)
4) KeneticPerformance: .819 MOA (page 8)
5)bsa1917hunter: .833 MOA (pg30)
6) MontanaMan: .867 MOA (pg28)
7) Fiddy: .896 MOA (page 14)
8) Certifiable: .935 MOA (page 10)
9) MontanaMan: 1.004 MOA (pg28)
10)KineticPerformance: 1.064 MOA (pg29)
bsa1917hunter: 1.066 MOA (pg29)
TWR: 1.083 MOA (page 12)
jimmyp: 1.085 MOA (page 5)
bsa1917hunter: 1.096 MOA (pg29)
TWR: 1.110 MOA (page7)
Certifiable: 1.155 MOA (page 5)
MontanaMan: 1.156 MOA (pg28)
bsa1917hunter: 1.179 MOA (pg26)
wareagle700: 1.246 MOA (page 18)
Bluedreaux: 1.251 MOA (page 12)
BGunn: 1.265 MOA (page 2)
bsa1917hunter: 1.305 MOA (pg1)
tex_n_cal: 1.437 MOA (pg26)
348srfun: 1.449 MOA (page 7)
tex_n_cal: 1.461 (page 5)
jimmyp: 1.537 MOA (page 5)
bsa1917hunter: 1.563 MOA (pg26)
tex_n_cal: 1.700 MOA (pg16)
bsa1917hunter: 1.733 MOA (pg26)
fredIII: 1.736 MOA (page 5)
Formidilosus: 1.787 MOA (page 4)
Mathsr: 1.928 MOA (page 4)
wareagle700: 1.968 (page 5)
bruinruin: 2.11 MOA (page 18)
TWR: 2.308 MOA (page 1)
deflave: 2.292 MOA (page 15)
deerstalker: 2.346 MOA (pg23)
amax155: 3.280 MOA (page 16)

Iron Sights:
1) rost495: 199-8x / 1.351 MOA (page 6)
2) wareagle700: 167-0x / 3.320 MOA (page 1)
3)deflave 4.085 MOA (pg 16)

Montana , It would be interesting to know what the prevailing caliber is for completing the Challenge. That info might be useful in helping the OP decide on what chamber to go with. P.S I took the challenge and each time I failed to kept it within SUB MOA by one shot on each group. I will get in there eventually.
With the exception of Scenar's 6mm, I believe that all the rest in the top 15 or so are all 22 cal. Have not done a close survey so I might have missed a bigger caliber I didn't catch.

MM
I believe MM is correct. I can confirm that all 3 of the the Stag 6 are 223, as is the RRA (2, 5, 7, and 8)
© 24hourcampfire