Home
Posted By: Monashee Canada's combat mission ends. - 07/06/11
Canada's combat mission in Afghanistan is over.157 Canadian soldiers paid the ultimate price during Canada's tour of duty.Hopefully they and their families will not be forgotten, it is a large price to pay from a small contingent.They fought hard in their country's service and all Canadians should be proud of them.I will be glad to welcome them home and also to think of their comrades who will stay over there to help train the Afghan Army. Monashee
Some of the finest warriors on the planet wear a maple leaf on their uniform. It has ALWAYS been that way. I am proud to welcome home these people, and sad to have lost their commrades in arms.

I asked an artillery captain how we were doing in the sandbox, and he said our kill ratio was the envy of every country. I asked him why it was so, and he said, Canadians have a huge fighting spirit, and a desire to win.

AMEN!
Bless them each and every one!!
Monashee;
Well said sir and thank you kindly for saying so.

I echo your sentiments about welcoming them home and will continue to pray for the safe return of all the remaining coalition troops.

Hopefully the rest of your week goes well for you and yours Monashee.

Dwayne
That is great , and we all appreciate their sacrifice! My son has done 5 combat tours in Af & Irac. Canada has helped, but we are still there............... who knows????
Lots of Canadian troops remain in Afghanistan and that is continuing. They are not out of the mission and they are not out of harm's way. They simply are no longer in the direct fight. I certainly appreciate the effort and sacrifice, past, present and future.
Thank you for your nation's sacrifice gentlemen.

Expat
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Canadian military has a proud heritage, and the young Canadians who are serving today continue in the finest tradition of their predecessors.
I think it was Rommell who said if he had American Equipment and Canadian military personell and German leadership, he would rule the world. Glad he never got what he wanted. grin
They all have my respect and admiration. I for one am grateful for such good neighbors!

May God Bless them all.
My own grandfather of Canadian birth served in the US Army during the first world war as a lieutentant in the trenches of France. His letters make interesting reading.

I am proud of my heritage and grateful to my Canadian neighbors.

Thank You!

Jim
I knew a number of British Columbians of my age group that volunteered for the US Army or the Marines during the Vietnam war.A couple didn't come home,and a couple who did were missing parts.I've always been very proud of their commitment. Monashee
Thanks for their service.
Not a better bunch to have at your six or side. They kicked some serious arse!!!!!!
All hero's in my book!
Thank you for your help,
It's too bad that so many Americans, Canadians, Brits, Aussies and Kiwis died over there - while so few Afghans appear willing to die fighting for their own freedom.

It would seem that the Afghans are willing to fight the Taliban - right down to the death of the last foreign soldier!
Tsk tsk Brian, where is that candor and political correctness we are so famous for. That truth really hurts the hearer, but needs to be told. There have been way too many good men and women put in harms way, courageously and with honour on our bequest. I thank them all.

Randy
Wow, As a serving Cdn Soldier, I am humbled by the kind comments in this post. I am sure my fellow brothers and sisters in arms are equally pleased to be appreciated.
polarisjeff;
Thank you for your service sir, it is very much appreciated.

Our family is among the many, many Canadians who do not take our freedoms lightly.

I'm honored you are here with us at the 'Fire - I mean that.

Thanks again and do stay safe out there.

Regards,
Dwayne
I resound the same praises to you polarisjeff. Thanks to you and the many like you that have donned the equipment to represent our bid for freedom at home and abroad.
I read where one of the longest range, confirmed combat kills over in the sandbox was by a Canadian Sniper using a big .50 cal. Quite a feat.

DF
Yep, but he was edged by a Brit who added 180 feet more range. Still, though, 2,430 metres is a long shot in anybody's books.
Thanks to all Candian Service men and women who have bravely fought for freedom.

May God bless them all.
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Yep, but he was edged by a Brit who added 180 feet more range. Still, though, 2,430 metres is a long shot in anybody's books.

Not trying to derail the thread, but are you sure that's really a long shot? Given some of the posts at 24Hr, all kinds of critters are taken at long range. laugh
Yeah, but can those "critters" shoot back?
Rob made a long kill shot on an enemy combatant at a very long range and at an insane angle in very crappy conditions. Could you do that?
nope. Plain and simple answer.

Thanks Jeff. Appreciate your sacrifice and dedication to your brothers in arms, and to the rest of the veterans who have done the same over the years.
Randy
You'd have to ask the various posters. I'm quite sure that they would have something to say.

You can come visit me at Borden if you're in the area.
Thanx for the invite. I haven't been to Boredom since 2003. That is one base I like, Sans Mosquitoes on the golf course. But the Rod and Gun feels like home
I pride myself in being a pretty fair rifle shot, but Furlong on his worst day is so far above me on my best day, I'd need binoculars to see the soles of his feet. Period. End of message.
© 24hourcampfire