Home
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...indians-fall-under-ottawas-jurisdiction/

OTTAWA � The Federal Court has ruled M�tis and non-status Indians are indeed �Indians� under a section of the Constitution Act, and fall under federal jurisdiction.

The decision helps to clarify the relationship between Ottawa and the more than 600,000 aboriginal people who live off-reserve.

While the decision does not go so far as to declare that the federal government has a fiduciary responsibility to the group, it says such duties would flow automatically now that their standing has been clarified.

The Congress of Aboriginal Peoples and several Metis and non-status Indians took the federal government to court in 1999 alleging discrimination because they are not considered �Indians� under a section of the Constitution Act.

Interesting......

I bet there will be a lot of Canadian's exploring their family tree. What a great victory for the Metis in Canada. Non-natives really are second class citizens now. I hope this does not have a negative impact on fish and game and taxation rates for non-natives like myself.
This is one more nail in the coffin of self-described aboriginal peoples in Canada......EXACTLY as intended.
Originally Posted by Rene
I bet there will be a lot of Canadian's exploring their family tree. What a great victory for the Metis in Canada. Non-natives really are second class citizens now. I hope this does not have a negative impact on fish and game and taxation rates for non-natives like myself.

It's not just the Metis, it's also for all those individuals that lost status because their families assimilated...under C-31 the descendants of females have always been given the short sheet treatment.
Can we take this to mean there are likely to be another 600,000 people added to those living off the government teat?

We have I don't know how many aboriginals living on reserves in areas where they cannot sustain themselves without massive injections of government money (read my money). As long as they are allowed to live in these areas their conditions are unlikely to improve since there are no work opportunities that would allow them to support themselves.

To top things off there are aboriginal groups interfering with thousands of people by demonstrating in road and rail blockages. In my opinion when they interfere with public rights of way etc. the police should be going in and warning them to move or be arrested for disturbing the peace. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any political party willing to tackle them and bring their disruptions to a halt.

Probably Canuckshooter will consider me racist for having these opinions. So be it. At this time in history we can no longer afford to maintain an existing and growing welfare class.

Jim
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Can we take this to mean there are likely to be another 600,000 people added to those living off the government teat?

We have I don't know how many aboriginals living on reserves in areas where they cannot sustain themselves without massive injections of government money (read my money). As long as they are allowed to live in these areas their conditions are unlikely to improve since there are no work opportunities that would allow them to support themselves.

To top things off there are aboriginal groups interfering with thousands of people by demonstrating in road and rail blockages. In my opinion when they interfere with public rights of way etc. the police should be going in and warning them to move or be arrested for disturbing the peace. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any political party willing to tackle them and bring their disruptions to a halt.

Probably Canuckshooter will consider me racist for having these opinions. So be it. At this time in history we can no longer afford to maintain an existing and growing welfare class.

Jim

Well you do make me wonder why you think this ruling will automatically add 600,000 people living off the government teat??? Really if that isn't a racist knee jerk reaction what is?? Do you think Im suddenly going to quit my six figure job that I've held for over 35 years to live on friggin' welfare??

Contrary to what you obviously believe many of us do have some personal pride. ;-)
In my 50+ years of active adult life with experience of aboriginal peoples ( I am of Nordic blood, born into an almost 400 year old Canadian family and am as"native" as ANY "indian") VERY FEW of them have any attitudes except "gimmee" and the most vicious racism I have ever witnessed.

No,that is NOT the "PC" view, but, it is what I have seen in the NWT, Yukon, BC and Alberta.

Time to disavow the "Trudeau" Constitution, cancel ALL "treaties, suspend ALL immigration for a decade and go "republic"....ONE LAW for ALL Canadians!!!!!

Fuggem, I hate lawyers and courts,they are all corrupt moneygrubbers and phoney windbags!
Canuckshooter,
I am interested in what your opinion is for the future prospects of those aboriginals living in remote areas where no work exists and is not likely to be created in the future. Why is it not a realistic expectation that they should attempt to enter the mainstream of modern society?

I realize and accept that there will always be a segment of society who will be unemployable. My perception is that as long as large numbers of persons live in remote areas where little or no work exists their conditions in life are unlikely to change.

I do not consider myself to be smart enough to come up with the answer and doubt any government will, in my lifetime, make any serious attempt to resolve the problem. This is the situation that drives my frustration.

Jim
Cut the money off and the northern reserves will cease to exist. Some will starve and some will move to where they can support themselves.
Its a shame you guys didnt have someone like Phil Sheridan...
Jim - generally what happens is that some company will do exploraton and find a resource to exploit For example, deBeers' diamond mine near Attawapiskat. The natives then complain and set up blockades to extort money out of the company.

In November 2005 after three years of negotiation, a comprehensive Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) was reached between De Beers Canada and Attawapiskat First Nation. That agreement includes specific compensation and protocols to ensure Attawapiskat First Nation is the primary beneficiary of benefits available during the construction, operation and closure of the Victor Mine. Compensation includes items such as training, employment, business opportunities and direct financial compensation.

The company then dumps huge amounts of money, training and opportunities into the natives' laps:
Since the start of construction (2005), over $325 million in contracts have been awarded to solely owned or joint venture companies run by the community.

Just this year alone (2011), contracts awarded to the community total $51 million. Earlier in this note I referred to the training facility we are operating in the community.

And then the companies give even more:
In fact, this was the second training facility that we constructed and donated to the community at a combined cost of almost $2 million. The community runs the other facility. Every year for more than five years, we have been purchasing and delivering new books to every child in the community from kindergarten to Grade 12 as part of a program to grow literacy and education levels in the community.

We also have in place a scholarship program. In support of the efforts for a new school, we donated project trailers, helped the community review a design proposal and offered our project management expertise.

And they give even more:
In 2009, a sewage backup in Attawapiskat displaced nearly 100 people. Although we had only been in operation for one year, we flew crews and project managers into the community at our expense to reconfigure previously donated multi-unit trailers into emergency housing for those displaced by the situation. These trailers are the same type still being used today by a number of our own employees at our mine, which is also fly-in/fly-out.

Working with the community over a period of a couple of weeks, we were able to complete that project just before the first snow. The value of the trailers combined with the costs to deliver them to the community, redesign and install them totaled more than $3 million � a cost covered by De Beers Canada.In 2009/2010, De Beers Canada funded consultant work on behalf of Attawapiskat First Nation so the community could undertake a comprehensive study into their housing situation.

In addition to those hundreds of millions, the Federal government has given Attawapiskat $104 Million since 2006.
Does that answer your question about the prospects of those aboriginals living in remote areas where no work exists?
Originally Posted by BWalker
Cut the money off and the northern reserves will cease to exist. Some will starve and some will move to where they can support themselves.
Its a shame you guys didnt have someone like Phil Sheridan...

smile smile smile !!!!!
Originally Posted by Arac
Jim - generally what happens is that some company will do exploraton and find a resource to exploit For example, deBeers' diamond mine near Attawapiskat. The natives then complain and set up blockades to extort money out of the company.

In November 2005 after three years of negotiation, a comprehensive Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) was reached between De Beers Canada and Attawapiskat First Nation. That agreement includes specific compensation and protocols to ensure Attawapiskat First Nation is the primary beneficiary of benefits available during the construction, operation and closure of the Victor Mine. Compensation includes items such as training, employment, business opportunities and direct financial compensation.

The company then dumps huge amounts of money, training and opportunities into the natives' laps:
Since the start of construction (2005), over $325 million in contracts have been awarded to solely owned or joint venture companies run by the community.

Just this year alone (2011), contracts awarded to the community total $51 million. Earlier in this note I referred to the training facility we are operating in the community.

And then the companies give even more:
In fact, this was the second training facility that we constructed and donated to the community at a combined cost of almost $2 million. The community runs the other facility. Every year for more than five years, we have been purchasing and delivering new books to every child in the community from kindergarten to Grade 12 as part of a program to grow literacy and education levels in the community.

We also have in place a scholarship program. In support of the efforts for a new school, we donated project trailers, helped the community review a design proposal and offered our project management expertise.

And they give even more:
In 2009, a sewage backup in Attawapiskat displaced nearly 100 people. Although we had only been in operation for one year, we flew crews and project managers into the community at our expense to reconfigure previously donated multi-unit trailers into emergency housing for those displaced by the situation. These trailers are the same type still being used today by a number of our own employees at our mine, which is also fly-in/fly-out.

Working with the community over a period of a couple of weeks, we were able to complete that project just before the first snow. The value of the trailers combined with the costs to deliver them to the community, redesign and install them totaled more than $3 million � a cost covered by De Beers Canada.In 2009/2010, De Beers Canada funded consultant work on behalf of Attawapiskat First Nation so the community could undertake a comprehensive study into their housing situation.

In addition to those hundreds of millions, the Federal government has given Attawapiskat $104 Million since 2006.
Does that answer your question about the prospects of those aboriginals living in remote areas where no work exists?

Holy cow, Spence has been making out like a bandit!! Debeers must be making a lot of money on the resources being extracted from their lands. I guess that's the cost of doing business?
Canuckshooter,
I am interested in what your opinion is for the future prospects of those aboriginals living in remote areas where no work exists and is not likely to be created in the future. Why is it not a realistic expectation that they should attempt to enter the mainstream of modern society?

I realize and accept that there will always be a segment of society who will be unemployable. My perception is that as long as large numbers of persons live in remote areas where little or no work exists their conditions in life are unlikely to change.

I do not consider myself to be smart enough to come up with the answer and doubt any government will, in my lifetime, make any serious attempt to resolve the problem. This is the situation that drives my frustration.

Jim

I don't see many prospects for those staying in those remote communities, about the only hope is that the younger generations attain some education and leave for greener pastures. I believe if you look into it there are significant numbers of aboriginals leaving the reserves and moving to urban centers. Many fail to make it and end up in the system anyway.
Originally Posted by kutenay
Time to disavow the "Trudeau" Constitution, cancel ALL "treaties, suspend ALL immigration for a decade and go "republic"....ONE LAW for ALL Canadians!!!!!

Kutenay for Prime Minister!

Originally Posted by SuperCub

How? He doesn't speak both official languages....;-)

Of course, that's exaxctly what it means. Why else would they want recognition, so they can wear "Native Pride" hats?
Originally Posted by boarguy

Of course, that's exaxctly what it means. Why else would they want recognition, so they can wear "Native Pride" hats?

One reason is so they (non status) regain voting rights in their bands....youR just showing your ignorance with your flippant comments. ;-)
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

One reason is so they (non status) regain voting rights in their bands....youR just showing your ignorance with your flippant comments. ;-)

Yeah right, like they care who gets elected chief of a reserve they don't live in. Maybe I could get voting rights for the next mayoral election in Toronto? I used to live there after all.
When is all of the BS going to end? Voting rights within their bands? .... Yeah right. Tax exemption and hunting and fishing whenever wherever are the main reasons for this. It's never enough for them.
[quote=CanuckShooter][quote=boarguy

Yeah right, like they care who gets elected chief of a reserve they don't live in. Maybe I could get voting rights for the next mayoral election in Toronto? I used to live there after all.

See how dumb your being....my band doesn't have a treaty signed yet, I will now have a say and vote when the time comes. Your a racist ass. :-)
Originally Posted by Dano81
When is all of the BS going to end? Voting rights within their bands? .... Yeah right. Tax exemption and hunting and fishing whenever wherever are the main reasons for this. It's never enough for them.

Is that a whine I'm hearing???? LMAO. It will never end, if you'd have paid attention in school you would know why your country has this political structure....
Originally Posted by SuperCub

How? He doesn't speak both official languages....;-)

I could learn to be perfectly fluent in French in a very short time, much sooner than you will ever learn to "get" why ordinary Canadians, have finally had enough of the bullcrap that so many mixed race persons, (YOU) spew.

But, we are coming to the denouement of this issue and, laddy, WE WILL WIN!!!!

When, the first few "white" citizens die by aboriginal thuggery here in BC, at some "blockade", then, you will learn why we are and have always been the finest infantry in the world.

Canada-ONE NATION, ONE PEOPLE, ONE LAW!!!!!
Remember the Little Big Horn....;-)

See how dumb your being....my band doesn't have a treaty signed yet, I will now have a say and vote when the time comes. Your a racist ass. :-)

Another treaty, more handouts.
And the race card, that's sigh of relief, I was wondering when that was gonna show up. Equality for all Canadian citizens is what I'm after, I guess that's racist?

And the contraction of "you are" is "you're", not "your", get it right. See how dumb you're being? wink
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...indians-fall-under-ottawas-jurisdiction/

OTTAWA � The Federal Court has ruled M�tis and non-status Indians are indeed �Indians� under a section of the Constitution Act, and fall under federal jurisdiction...

Wow, this just cannot be true! The federal court must be loaded with Reds, homosexuals and immigrants! There is no way that this can be good law, right? I mean, white people would never render a decision like this unless they were unduly influenced, threatened or debilitated by drugs or alcohol.

Maybe the court has been infiltrated by women, liberals of colour or, dare I say it, French Canadians! Oh, the humanity!

What do you think? An evil manitou walks the land, and despair invades the spaces that hope has abandoned. (Cue the band...)

The Bowman

The bowman stood atop the hill,
Feet firmly in the rye.
His arrow nocked, his hands �a grip
Target steady to his eye

The wind would never save him,
No earthly thing could twist,
The death that would arrive in flight,
When he released his wrist.

How long the time he�d hunted,
How long the chances missed,
But death today, would arrive in flight,
When he released his wrist.

The sun sent down a warming glow,
Across the pastured hill.
He�ll die alone on summer�s breast
But cheat the winter�s chill.

The target chuckled loudly,
No thoughts of death this �morn.
His breastplate as a marker,
To guide the arrow home.

The time was now to rake his foe,
While light and day were fresh.
And stop the laughing countenance,
By mating point with flesh.

And so, the bowman steadied,
In the rye upon the crest,
But stopped - a spate of searing pain,
Plunged deep into his chest.

A bowman stood across the hill,
Feet firmly in the rye.
His arrow gone, his hands �a grip
Target writhing down to die...

I guess the ruling from an Alberta court couple years back over Metis Hunting rights will probably get changed. Hopefully NOT !! Too many abuse the entire First Nations systems it makes me sick.

Get the popcorn out !! This will have Alberta outdoormen & women pulling their hair out.

B/w the Chief on the "liquid -starving diet" and her commonlaw husband (who looks whiter than me)....made over $200G last year...TAX FREE. he makes $850/day consulting as the band administrator. She made $72K. Seen it onthe National News last night. wonder what HER people think of that. Bet her house isnt like what was shown on he news last year.

You know what it would take me to clear $ 200G tax free. WHAT A JOKE!! Where did the $110+ million go over 5 years...they cant show it b/c they have no records.

Seen the same thing with local bands near me.

I'm just so tired and fed up of this whole thing. No more comments, I dont want to get BANNED from this website...I like it too much..
Originally Posted by boardguy

And the race card, that's sigh of relief, I was wondering when that was gonna show up. Equality for all Canadian citizens is what I'm after, I guess that's racist?

And the contraction of "you are" is "you're", not "your", get it right. See how dumb you're being? wink

So now it's Equality you want? Why don't you define that for us so we can talk about it? What are you being denied that makes you less equal with all other Canadians? :-)
Anti Idle no more facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idle-no-more-Resistance/410479792366981

Ayup, but, maybe study what "Little Phil" referred to earlier today on this thread, did after "LBH" and WHO won....

Closer to home, "Batoche" and "Duck Lake" come to mind, "Almighty Voice", a murdering injun thought that he was pretty tough, too.....the "Parrot Guns" soon ended that delusion.

But, while you make the wages that you boast of here, due to WHITEMAN'S UNIONS and also technology, as you lack the credentials for earning that amount per annum at an actually SKILLED occupation; you might want to consider just WHO supports this decision and the shenanigans of that fat squaw on the "hunger strike".

I would READ the comments sections online of several major Canadian newspapers.....and, what you will find there should warn ANYONE who is not quite as "braindead" as most of your comments here.

Nothing personal, Jim, but, THIS TIME, I really feel that the [bleep] will hit the fan...and it will be the aboriginal peoples, who will get much the worst of it all.

[bleep]! wink

Hard to shoot straight when your drunk and or high on stuff like Peerless Lake Shooters or pipe cement...

So now it's Equality you want? Why don't you define that for us so we can talk about it? What are you being denied that makes you less equal with all other Canadians? :-)

Definition of EQUALITY

-the quality or state of being equal

Basically it means every Canadian citizen should have the same rights, responsibilties and freedoms. I'm not interested in having your rights,I'd like to keep my pride and integrity, but it means that your people would lose rights and consequently that false sense of entitlement.
Done. smile

Definition of EQUALITY

-the quality or state of being equal

Basically it means every Canadian citizen should have the same rights, responsibilties and freedoms. I'm not interested in having your rights,I'd like to keep my pride and integrity, but it means that your people would lose rights and consequently that false sense of entitlement.
Done. smile

Oh, you don't expect to gain rights your expecting others to lose theirs. Sort of like PETA wanting to take away your hunting privileges?

Now explain how you figure there is 'a false sense of entitlement'?? Clearly aboriginal people's have rights that are protected under the supreme laws of Canada...I don't know how much more real you can get than that. :-)
Originally Posted by MightyPeace
I guess the ruling from an Alberta court couple years back over Metis Hunting rights will probably get changed. Hopefully NOT !! Too many abuse the entire First Nations systems it makes me sick.

Get the popcorn out !! This will have Alberta outdoormen & women pulling their hair out.

B/w the Chief on the "liquid -starving diet" and her commonlaw husband (who looks whiter than me)....made over $200G last year...TAX FREE. he makes $850/day consulting as the band administrator. She made $72K. Seen it onthe National News last night. wonder what HER people think of that. Bet her house isnt like what was shown on he news last year.

You know what it would take me to clear $ 200G tax free. WHAT A JOKE!! Where did the $110+ million go over 5 years...they cant show it b/c they have no records.

I'm just so tired and fed up of this whole thing. No more comments, I dont want to get BANNED from this website...I like it too much..

Did you see how much money those two are handling? $200k clear money isn't that much for two senior executives of a multimillion dollar corporation. You should google the wages of a couple of your senior government workers and be prepared for a shock.. Especially when you see their pension benefits, which Spence & her beau wouldn't qualify for. You just got into the wrong business just like I did!! ;-)
Change is a comin' this time around, grab some popcorn and watch yourselves become ordinary Canadians. I can feel it brother..... wink
This entire situation has been very carefully plotted to do EXACTLY what Harper WANTS and the military WILL be used....THIS TIME, they will NOT just stand by and fume in frustration...........
crazy

Yep, Harper's back room boyz schemed with the federal court to get this decision. Not only that, he told his Chief of the Defence Staff to get ready to respond to insurrection.

But wait, it gets better. The anger the Conservatives felt for native groups gave them purpose and direction. It drove them to action! They've been waiting for years for just this opportunity. NOW, they will spring the trap!

Finally, as has been their wish for many years, the Cons will crush all first nations people and grind them under their feet. It's true!

THIS TIME, they will NOT just stand by and fume in frustration...........

crazy
Now your making the Cons sound like devious conspirators!! About all we are missing is a link to the Rothschilds. :-)
Oh boy this about as crazy a thread as I ever seen on here LOL
Kute;nobody's gonna send the troops in to any where.The biggest squable is gonna be with the provinces,they'll all challange this,it'll drag out for years.
CS; I highly doubt that most of the Metis in this country have a care in the world for what goes on in the reserves.Most if not all of the metis I new back home were several generations and hundreds of miles removed from the reserves their ancestors originated from.
I was still in Sk when the metis were given their traditional subsistance rights.The game populations in my zone didn't suffer as much as feared but the fishery went downhill as they were netting little lakes that could not support that much pressure. I think it rebounded when the novelty wore off for most of them though.
So, in order to cash in, is a DNA sample necessary or will a picture of an ancestor with a feather in her hat do the trick? I'm pretty anxious to shed this non-status white man label. It doesn't pay well at all. GD
I think its proved with birth registrations/certificates and/or baptismal records.They made it hard for us non status nonstatus's to slip under the wire smile
Originally Posted by Rog
Oh boy this about as crazy a thread as I ever seen on here LOL
Kute;nobody's gonna send the troops in to any where.The biggest squable is gonna be with the provinces,they'll all challange this,it'll drag out for years.
CS; I highly doubt that most of the Metis in this country have a care in the world for what goes on in the reserves.Most if not all of the metis I new back home were several generations and hundreds of miles removed from the reserves their ancestors originated from.
I was still in Sk when the metis were given their traditional subsistance rights.The game populations in my zone didn't suffer as much as feared but the fishery went downhill as they were netting little lakes that could not support that much pressure. I think it rebounded when the novelty wore off for most of them though.

I think that is exactly what will and must happen, Harper, is a "Trudeau clone"in SO many ways and he is as opportunistic as any politician I can recall in my life. I don't really care as I am old enough that I will not lose any hunting/angling that matters to me and I have no children.

I have been reading the almost incredible comments by young (mostly) aboriginals on the "Facebook" page linked above and the racism and hatred, so carefully nurtured among these people for over 40 years now, here in Canada WILL erupt into the violence that they threaten.

Then, given the obvious incompetence of the police to contain this, the Canadian public WILL DEMAND military action....and, the injuns are exactly where the corporate elite in Canada,want them.

It's actually rather amusing and should provide some excellent "action TV", much like the Canadian pilot in "Gulf I" who, while the chords of Eddie Van Halen, thundering in his headset attacked a small gunboat using the 20mm cannon and had one fine old time......yup, the boys will play with their toys and the injuns will feel the steel.

WTF, [bleep] happens, some might object, but, most people I talk with each day are Asian immigrants in my neighbourhood and they are VERY "anti" injun...........
Asian immigrants don't know their arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to aboriginal issues, and your using their views as an indication of public perception?? :-(

If the day ever comes that our govt sends our armed forces in to suppress Canadians as your suggesting you'll even see our veterans re-arming to fight back. We Canucks are not sheep like the vast majority of oppressed people in middle eastern countries!! We've tasted freedom and it'll be a dark day in hell that any govt would get away with that garbage here. ;-)
Sure, Jim, YOU tell ME all about Canadian veterans and their love for injuns. You are just a laughter-inducing ranter who knows nothing except how to "dawgf**K"a shift away and brag about all the $$$$$ you make.

Tell me, in what "Great War" C.E.F. battalion, was YOUR grandfather an officer? Which battle(s) did he participate in and what wounds/decorations did he have?

How many of your family, say to 2nd. cousins, were volunteer Canadian military COMBAT personnel in both wars? What campaigns did ANY of your family, as volunteers, serve in and did they all come home safely?

You just cannot help making preposterous statements that make it seem that you have been repeatedly struck in the cranium with "the stupid stick" and you are so seldom factual about these issues that I almost pity you.

Get over yourself, you are not going to "win" here or anywhere except a lunchroom full of other union layabouts.
Asian immigrants are so much more productive, industrious and practical in their approach to life in Canada,that they will OWN your "reservations" SOON....and, boo hoo hoo, "Whitey"won't help you much longer.

Wait, are they aboriginals, or Canadians? After all, they're so insistent about being their own separate nation...

The difference there is that oppressed nations involve the majority of citizens being harassed by gov't and military force. This is a case where the majority of the citizens would WANT the gov't and military to take action.
Asian immigrants are so much more productive, industrious and practical in their approach to life in Canada,that they will OWN your "reservations" SOON....and, boo hoo hoo, "Whitey"won't help you much longer.

Both of my uncles that served in WWII were murdered by Asians here in Canada after surviving their combat missions, so don't go on a foolish rant about the merits of Asians with me!! Our family knows full well how industrious those Asians were.

Our family has also been in this province for thousands of years and have built this country into what it is with our blood sweat and tears. You speak of a paltry 400 years of your families occupation as if we should be impressed....you make me laugh!! ;-)
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Wait, are they aboriginals, or Canadians? After all, they're so insistent about being their own separate nation...

The difference there is that oppressed nations involve the majority of citizens being harassed by gov't and military force. This is a case where the majority of the citizens would WANT the gov't and military to take action.

Now you sound like Saddam or Assad.....only the majority in your mind.
Originally Posted by boardguy

equality means equal if you don't pay taxes i don't if you can hunt all year i can if you get government money i do or the exact opposite take your pick

we were here first is not a valid reason for all the crap first nations pull

Both of my uncles that served in WWII were murdered by Asians here in Canada after surviving their combat missions, so don't go on a foolish rant about the merits of Asians with me!! Our family knows full well how industrious those Asians were.

Our family has also been in this province for thousands of years and have built this country into what it is with our blood sweat and tears. You speak of a paltry 400 years of your families occupation as if we should be impressed....you make me laugh!! ;-)

Your "accomplishments" here were/are SO VERY obvious, the primitive Neolithic savages that we have tried to civilize, with so little success, (silk purse,sow's ear), had not even developed the simple wheel, or, any society that had progressed beyond slavery, cannibalism and brutal slaughtering of neighbours.

WHITE and ESPECIALLY NORDIC people built Canada and most particularly B.C.; my ethnic origins are more than a millenium old here and then there are "The Solutreans", but, this is getting away from a level of factual historical discourse that you are competent to conduct.

I merely asked a simple question and,as you usually do, you avoided an honest reply.

You may choose to ...laugh... at my family, but, I expect that as you oftimes make such slurs and then come expecting others to be your buddies.

This, is a trait I have encountered in your ilk quite often in the past and it is why I never befriend such people as they simply are not capable of honour, loyalty or even true friendship.

No, Jordan is correct, READ some of the hundreds of comments by average Canadians on any of the major newspaper websites on EVERY story concerning this situation and see the FACTS for once.

This, very obviously deliberately engineered "uprising" IS the beginning of the END of the bullsh!t by aboriginals that we Canadians have endured for far too long. The next "Oka" WILL result in massive casualties to the "warriors" and there will never be any more such atrocities.

Whatever, indians are a "genetic deadend" as one world-traveled guy I know well has told me and they will soon be merely a tiny footnote in North American history and a dusty one at that.

So, why not give an honest reply to my query?
Originally Posted by MightyPeace

Did you see how much money those two are handling? $200k clear money isn't that much for two senior executives of a multimillion dollar corporation. You should google the wages of a couple of your senior government workers and be prepared for a shock.. Especially when you see their pension benefits, which Spence & her beau wouldn't qualify for. You just got into the wrong business just like I did!! ;-)

Really! If I say black you will say white. In my town of 3,000 our mayor gets payed about 7,000 to work on a part time basis. Atiwapiskat has what 1,500 people. Spence and her husband live of the taxpayer. Other towns are self sufficient while Atiwapiskat is a blight on the nation and should be removed.
I can't substantiate these claims but if even close.. crazy

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/1741805410001

Now you sound like Saddam or Assad.....only the majority in your mind.

Oh no, the minorities concern me, too. Minorities that are peaceable citizens, that is. When terrorists, whether foreign or domestic, start to attack our citizens through blockades, using physical force to try and keep us from hunting bears in an area that we can legally hunt but they deem to be unfit for us to hunt, or any number of other ways, our citizenship excpects our gov't and military to step in.

Let's not forget that they choose not to belong to the nation of Canada, instead declaring themselves "first nations" people, living in their own separate "nations", or so they think.
[

Really! If I say black you will say white. In my town of 3,000 our mayor gets payed about 7,000 to work on a part time basis. Atiwapiskat has what 1,500 people. Spence and her husband live of the taxpayer. Other towns are self sufficient while Atiwapiskat is a blight on the nation and should be removed.

Does your mayor stick handle millions of dollars each year? I think not, it's a part time position. The premier of Alberta lives off the taxpayers, prisoners live off the taxpayer, white trash welfare recipients live off the taxpayer, school teachers live off the taxpayer....why should spence and her boyfriend be any different???
Ah, yes HERE we go again, with CS's usual racist slurs, ...white trash...

What a pathetic little man, you really are, with your ludicrous comments about people whom you do not know, have never met and have no legitimate reason to slag. I have seen precisely this attitude in so many aboriginals for decades and it shows WHO the REAL bigots are in Canada.
Ah, yes HERE we go again, with CS's usual racist slurs, ...white trash...

What a pathetic little man, you really are, with your ludicrous comments about people whom you do not know, have never met and have no legitimate reason to slag. I have seen precisely this attitude in so many aboriginals for decades and it shows WHO the REAL bigots are in Canada.

Just calling a spade, a spade. I'm surprised it offends you, just guessing if I'd have said Muzzie trash you'd be OK with it?
The real problem is the fact that you seem to think that it's okay for any group of people to suck at the teat of the working class while contributing nothing. Of those groups you mentioned, most contribute or are unable to contribute to society for the money received. Leeches that are able to contribute in some way, but don't, are a problem that needs to be fixed.

If you think it's okay for one more group of people to jump on the meal ticket band wagon, well then, to quote the movie Shooter: "your moral compass is so f***ed up, I'd be surprised if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot" wink
No, I have made MANY posts on this forum wherein I have spoken out against exactly that. However, I am not about to waste further time/energy on your characteristic infantile babbling here, I have a Zeiss scope to mount on one of my .338s.

I will leave with this, IF, you did not so obviously suffer from such self loathing, due to YOUR perceptions of YOUR "racial" extraction, you would not make the ridiculous comments here that you so often have.

Self-esteem, can, in our economically-based society be a very difficult issue for MANY people; may I suggest that you spend some time considering your emotional health and much less seeking attention by posting invidious and offensive threads/posts here.
It's a sad day, Kutenay is jealous that I am now considered a real Indian. ;-) I know what the problem really is, it's something that you cannot possibly attain....official recognition from the government of the land that your a somebody. ;-)
The real problem is the fact that you seem to think that it's okay for any group of people to suck at the teat of the working class while contributing nothing. Of those groups you mentioned, most contribute or are unable to contribute to society for the money received. Leeches that are able to contribute in some way, but don't, are a problem that needs to be fixed.

If you think it's okay for one more group or people to jump on the meal ticket band wagon, well then, to quote the movie Shooter: "your moral compass is so f***ed up, I'd be surprised if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot" wink

What exactly do mainstream politician contribute while they are sucking at the teat of the taxpayer? I've seen some pretty good sandbox fights in the legislature, but beyond that???
It's a sad day, Kutenay is jealous that I am now considered a real Indian. ;-) I know what the problem really is, it's something that you cannot possibly attain....official recognition from the government of the land that your a somebody. ;-)

The irony, the irony........... frown frown frown

If you think it's okay for one more group or people to jump on the meal ticket band wagon, well then, to quote the movie Shooter: "your moral compass is so f***ed up, I'd be surprised if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot" wink

What exactly do mainstream politician contribute while they are sucking at the teat of the taxpayer? I've seen some pretty good sandbox fights in the legislature, but beyond that???

A good litmus test to help you figure out whether a group of people contribute anything of value to society or not (since you seem to be having a hard time with this), goes as follows:

If _____ group of people were to suddenly be teleported to Mars, how would our society be affected?

If you think our country can get by without any politicians, well then you're beyond reason. They obviously contribute something of value in managing the large picture affairs of the country. They're not always efficient or effective, but they are necessary. But there are a few groups of people sucking at the societal teat, that if they were to suddenly appear on Mars, our society would carry on with life, and the only thing that would change, is the tax payers' pockets would either be a little bit more padded, or else we would see some other benefit from the re-directed tax dollars. wink

Does your mayor stick handle millions of dollars each year? I think not, it's a part time position. The premier of Alberta lives off the taxpayers, prisoners live off the taxpayer, white trash welfare recipients live off the taxpayer, school teachers live off the taxpayer....why should spence and her boyfriend be any different???

No, our mayors don't steal millions from their people. The reason Spence and her boyfriend ARE different is that they contribute nothing to society, they live a parasitic existence...etc. Additionally, our mayors usually at least try to do their job.

Whether you like to admit it or not, mainstream politicians actually DO get stuff done. Look at each ministry and see their function. Are politicians perfect? No. But we would be in big trouble without someone running the show. Also, keep in mind that Harper, who runs the entire country, makes less that the majority of chiefs. Especially when you consider the rampant nepotism amongst aboriginals. Can you imagine what would happen if Harper gave six figure paying government jobs to his kids, wife, uncles and aunts? Especially when those people have absolutely ZERO qualifications, skills and ability to do the jobs? That happens in just about every single band.

CanuckShooter - I think you are being a troll. I don't want to believe that you are as ignorant as you make yourself out to be.
You will be amazed at the depths to which he will sink here......search his posts and SEE the frequent negative comments on, guess who, INDIANS......

Yeppers, our Jim is a REAL piece of work, but, it is all due to a lack of spaghum aka "spruce" moss in his didies when he was a little papoose............. wink
You will be amazed at the depths to which he will sink here......search his posts and SEE the frequent negative comments on, guess who, INDIANS......

Yeppers, our Jim is a REAL piece of work, but, it is all due to a lack of spaghum aka "spruce" moss in his didies when he was a little papoose............. wink

LOL--we were assimilated and cotton was preferred by then.

I find it humurous that some people actually believe there is no corruption in mainstream politics. It wasn't that long ago that mayors in Quebec were resigning, Cons were building gazebos in fav ridings, military helicopters were used for joy rides....so soon we forget.
Who said that there's no corruption in mainstream politics?
Jordan - haven't you learned? His MO is Red Herrings and Straw Men.
Who said that there's no corruption in mainstream politics?

Nobody did, this thread wasn't about Spence either... I just want to see if you have any interest in changing the subject to crooked mainstream politicos. ;-). I'm sure you will because your not racists and we should give equal time to them Too and keep things in balance, don't you think? ;-)
Originally Posted by Arac
Jordan - haven't you learned? His MO is Red Herrings and Straw Men.

Rollmops? ;-). And stuffed shirts?
CanuckShooter. Let's just face it. Natives have shorter life expectancy, lower education, lower income and generally do not contribute anything positive to society. I'm not being racist. That is just the facts. Given this, maybe it is time for a new model? Looks like getting handouts and living on reserves is not working so maybe just cut it all off and join the rest of Canadian society.

So are you now looking for a free handout too?? or do you already get a "cash for life" also referred to as "welfare" cheque whistle

remember Louise Riel swinging from a rope!!!!!!
Lol....it gets better and better. It's all good though, as more and more Canadians will now realize what is happening...

More news...
It's spiraling outa control for spence,she's lost the suport of the media it appears even the cbc isn't painting her in such a shiney light no more...I don't see any of the other parties or the afn wanting her on their dance card any more
Rog - the thing is that there are many bands in the same position for the same reason. In fact, I wager that the vast majority are run very similarly to Atawapiskat. On the other hand there are a few, like the Osoyoos band, who have done very well. The Osoyoos band owns and runs Nk'Mip cellars and vinyard, Nk'Mip Resort, which is 4 stars and also has a golf course. They own and run "Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, including NK'MIP Conference Centre, Solstice Spa and Mica Restaurant at Spririt Ridge; NK�MIP Cellars, NK�MIP Desert Cultural Centre, Sonora Dunes Golf Course and NK�MIP RV Park"

They are the ones that have taken taxpayers' money and invested it wisely. They employ over 400 band members that live on the reserve. Good for them I say.
CanuckShooter. Let's just face it. Natives have shorter life expectancy, lower education, lower income and generally do not contribute anything positive to society. I'm not being racist. That is just the facts. Given this, maybe it is time for a new model? Looks like getting handouts and living on reserves is not working so maybe just cut it all off and join the rest of Canadian society.

Rene-this ruling affects approximately 600,000 Metis and non status people in Canada, the vast majority (Kelly lake, Metis settlements in alta exceptions) do not live on reserves. The people we are talking about have embraced living within the mainstream community. The vast majority are business people and employees. I suspect your having difficulty grasping the concept that you cannot paint all native people with the same bigoted brush?
Originally Posted by senior

So are you now looking for a free handout too?? or do you already get a "cash for life" also referred to as "welfare" cheque whistle

In a couple of years I'll start collecing my 'cash for life' cheques....forty five years of working and paying taxes gives me an entitlement to a CPP cheque. By then I won't have to pay for fishing and hunting licenses either.....:-).

In a couple of years I'll start collecing my 'cash for life' cheques....forty five years of working and paying taxes gives me an entitlement to a CPP cheque. By then I won't have to pay for fishing and hunting licenses either.....:-).

Ah,the "social safety net".....largely created by people of Scots ancestry, WHITE, proud and the REAL builders of Canada.

Funny boy, are you REALLY so stupid and deluded that you think that I would EVER be ...jealous... of YOU???? That, is the most ridiculous comment,even for YOU, that I have ever read here!

Ah,the "social safety net".....largely created by people of Scots ancestry, WHITE, proud and the REAL builders of Canada.

Funny boy, are you REALLY so stupid and deluded that you think that I would EVER be ...jealous... of YOU???? That, is the most ridiculous comment,even for YOU, that I have ever read here!

Maybe not jealous then....perhaps envious is more like it? ;-). I have the best of both worlds, life is good. I'm thinking that your not as bored now? :-)
You, do not have the intellect, cultural sophistication and erudition to even begin to ...have the best of both worlds....or, ANY world.

...bored..., well, your pathetic attempts to make yourself believe that you actually know anything, other than how to "dawgf**k" your shifts away and post your usual ludicrous nonsense here, are sometimes amusing,for a few minutes at most.

I can hear drums.....a wave of change is sweeping Turtle Island. ;-)
© 24hourcampfire