Home
The largest working cattle ranch in the world, Douglas Lake Ranch, currently "owned" by an American billionaire, is restricting BC citizens access to outstanding trout fishing on Crown Lands, by some illegal gates on public roads.

Some, of these lakes were stocked at taxpayer expense, but, these foreigners now consider them "private" and are attempting to have ONLY their wealthy, usually foreign clients enjoy the superb fishing found in them.....

This, IMO, could well be THE conflict that REALLY heats up and starts the coming changes in BC resource policy.
Sad....you folks better get started.
I have heard alot about this, I wonder if there is a map of where these lakes are in relation to the ranch. I wonder are the lakes surrounded by the ranch property?
Too access the lakes do you have to drive across ranch property?
Why cant someone just build a new road in to the lake/s? that wont run across ranch property.
Originally Posted by SNAP

This, IMO, could well be THE conflict that REALLY heats up and starts the coming changes in BC resource policy.

The resident hunters and fishers of BC will have to get active politically as individuals and through different fish and wildlife organizations for change to happen, it won't happen otherwise.
If they are illegal, shouldn't it be a simple matter to have them removed?
Billionaires, hire LAWYERS and "nuisance" actions against average people result.....they can drag on for YEARS.

BC, has some if the last, finest, wilderness hunting/angling and ski mountaineering left in North America/The World. Wealthy people want to enjy this and this is a "safe" country to come to, so, there is BIG money to be made in acquiring the "rights" to the land and/or the "rights" as in Guide/OUtfitter concessions.

Other VERY rich people, all over BC, mostly foreigners, Americans and Germans are the majority, obtain the above and then OFTEN close off access to local people.

The ONLY way to deal with this is by legislation and confiscation, then, re-patriation. The current government is a "neo-con" bumch of largely "Bible Clutchers", many ARE immigrants and they won't do squat.....but, the anger is building and WE WILL WIN!!!
You are correct about BC having some of the finest hunting.

As I have read your posts, posts that are mostly anti-American, I have been spurned to action. I had not planned any BC hunts this year, but since you joined a few weeks ago just to rant about us, I've decided it's as good a time as any to go. Just booked another spring bear hunt in the Kootenays, and you can claim all the credit. I would not have been going this spring without you.
Thanks!
Well, you are mistaken in that my motivation has nothing to do with being ...anti-American..., but, attitudes such as those which you have posted on the thread concerning the current problems with GOs here are hardly going to convince we BCers to support guys like you coming here.

I am also going to be in the Kootenays this spring, who knows, perhaps, we might meet, eh?

Do you think that your GO might pay me a "finder's fee".....laffin'
Don't know anything about the poster you are referring too but will say right now many of us are very upset about the betrayal of our government to have screw us over the way they have done. Your post is just as bad as the guy you are referring to and uncalled for. It wouldn't be much different had one of us come on and gloated about Obama being re elected, no most of us honestly felt quite bad for our neighbours to the south.....
Being insulting is not the way to get a point across or get my sympathy. Yes, I do think BC should manage it's game as it sees fit. If that is no foreign hunters, so be it. It's your country, not mine. But, when someone signs up here just to tell me what I should and shouldn't do in a very disrespectful manner, I don't feel much sympathy for him.

As far as gloating about hunting in BC, who wouldn't be excited about hunting there. I've hunted there quite a few times over the last 15ys or so and been just as excited on each trip as if it was my first. This year I would not be going if it wasn't for the posts of this person. He should get the credit.
Do you consider my posts on this to be ...bad...?

Who can blame you for booking a hunt in BC Kodiakisland, if I was a non-resident and it was available to me and I could afford it I would book too.
Its going to get alot more serious as the resident hunters are lied too about some of the stats,, I listened to the minister responsible the other day on the radio and all he did was skew the facts and dance around the issue. He stated how many animals that resident hunters killed last year, I would like to know where he got his numbers, or any numbers at all considering that the reporting of game harvested is completely voluntary.
He never stated how many licences were sold but how many were harvested by residents and we should be happy about this.

The game pops are good where G/O operate because of limited road access and low hunter numbers, not so almost everywhere else.

Trouble is we cant vote them out because we dont have any other choices as the other political party wants to take the hunting away completely,, and I'm afraid they know this and will count on hunter apathy to achieve their goal
Yup, you got that right, the NDP are GOING to BAN handguns, then longguns and then restrict hunting to a certain minority group.

We are now in the WORST situation concerning BC environmental management, hunting, fishing and even back country access that I can recall in the 62+ years of my BC outdoor experience.

IF, we do not change this within about 5 years, we average folks here will just have memories left and like tracks, they make dammed thin soup!

There, are still LOTS of bears left, but, the Kootenays has suffered a major loss in ungulates due to record high predator populations and poaching and GO kills during the past few years and WE NEED to change this and NOW.

However, at 68, no kids or close relatives who now hunt, WHY should I bother to spend time and energy on this when I have other issues and interests.
Snap is most likely Kutenay that used to post on this site so that should tell you something. Quite frankly most of the posters from Canada on here are quite respectful and you let one guy somehow get to you?

Booking a hunt out of spite, never thought I would see that. I could wish you a hearty campfire Good For You Sir but that would be wrong. That is my final comment on this subject.
Not out of spite. Out of the fact it seems some or many there want to cut my hunting off completely. Why would I wait? Shouldn't I go when I can? I'm not going to lie. I love hunting BC. I'd be there twice a year every year if I could.

I certainly haven't hunted with every GO in BC and have no desire to. Most of my hunting is with one of the many Leuenbergers in the Kootenays. They are locals. Their guides are locals. I have no idea what residents think of them, but I hold them in high esteem.

From my experience living on Kodiak Island, the GOs have less negative impact in general on game numbers than locals. I would guess the male/female ratios for the GOs would look much better than for residents for bear, mnt lion, goats. I saw residents on Kodiak shoot bears that a guide never would have. I'm sure it's the same most places.

Also, you should be glad it's me who is hunting this spring. In five spring hunts only one bear has been shot. I'm not there to kill something. I can't even begin to count how many bear I've seen in BC and could have killed, but that's not all I'm after. I doubt anything will be shot this spring as well. The majority of my tags in BC have gone unfilled by choice. I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to visiting hunters.
This, is entirely irrelevant to the issues of this thread and that requesting US hunters to refrain from booking here to help us save our hunting heritage. I suppose that I should not be surprised, but, I am rather saddened and also amused by the comments made on both threads by Ki.

It is ironic, whenever a BC person questions the value of foreign hunting/angling to we who OWN the resources, there is often a huge outcry from a certain type of US hunter, to wit, "but, we are ALL hunters and brothers, huh".....

However, when asked to help defeat the looming loss of most of our hunting heritage, many, not all, of these same guys are NOT quite so "fraternal" and THAT is now obvious to many voters here with the obvious effect upon their political choices.

In any event, I suggest reading the threads on BC and Canadian-based hunting forums as well as the many, many letters by all sorts of BC people in newspapers here and then realize that this IS the defining conflict over our wildlife/fisheries resources.

Only an arrogant fool would deliberately antagonize any BC citizen over this issue, but, whatever, I think the point is now made.
You seem to be too stupid to understand who your enemy is. It is not American hunters, but your own countrymen. You have far more to do with how things are run than I do, do you not? To think hunters aren't going to hunt is stupid. Anytime you leave your own backyard you are encroaching on others. Now I get it that you want me to stay in my own yard, but that's not reality. People travel to hunt. All over the world. Not just to BC. I never felt any animosity toward any Canadians who came to hunt bear on Kodiak that I never could. Frustrated with my own state for sure, but never the visiting hunters. I would do the same if I was in their position.

So anyway, continue to be an ass toward Americans and wonder why they don't do as you say. Hunters will hunt where ever there are tags. Vote in some elections and get things changed if you really desire to keep us out.
I am not frustrated with hunters from other nations and have assisted many, on this site, as well as in person and in the area where you plan on hunting bears soon.

I have clearly posted my support for a specific access percentage in the thread requesting support and these are in line with the majority of other jurisdictions in North America.

I used to work protecting the wilderness in the very place you plan on hunting this spring and know the area VERY well. I was thinking of a trip there this spring and may well do that to do some photography and camping.

As to ...reality...well, I will not argue with you as guys like you are not in the majority of US hunters I have met and your attitude is not my problem.

I am done with you and anyone like you.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Not out of spite. Out of the fact it seems some or many there want to cut my hunting off completely. Why would I wait? Shouldn't I go when I can? I'm not going to lie. I love hunting BC. I'd be there twice a year every year if I could.

I certainly haven't hunted with every GO in BC and have no desire to. Most of my hunting is with one of the many Leuenbergers in the Kootenays. They are locals. Their guides are locals. I have no idea what residents think of them, but I hold them in high esteem.

From my experience living on Kodiak Island, the GOs have less negative impact in general on game numbers than locals. I would guess the male/female ratios for the GOs would look much better than for residents for bear, mnt lion, goats. I saw residents on Kodiak shoot bears that a guide never would have. I'm sure it's the same most places.

Also, you should be glad it's me who is hunting this spring. In five spring hunts only one bear has been shot. I'm not there to kill something. I can't even begin to count how many bear I've seen in BC and could have killed, but that's not all I'm after. I doubt anything will be shot this spring as well. The majority of my tags in BC have gone unfilled by choice. I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to visiting hunters.

If you insist on coming at least tag some black bears. We have too many of them. :-) And tip the Joe working for the outfitter because they are usually poorly paid.
Good Lord, shut up Kute. There is an arrogant fool in this conversation and it ain't KI.

Your rants have the taint of dementia. Lots of folks here are steaming about the predicament and your passive aggressive approach at the wrong people is only antagonizing a demographic that has nothing to do with it.

The problem with the BC government is the problem with the BC people. They want all the cake and then they want some one else to pay for it. Then they want a socially liberal, fiscally conservative government that creates high paying, easy jobs that respects the environment too well that.......
And eventually you end up in your current political predicament. No kidding.
It's a democracy: you get what you ask for, and if you waste too much time some one will ask for you. Time is a wasting.....
Originally Posted by rem338win
Good Lord, shut up Kute. There is an arrogant fool in this conversation and it ain't KI.

Your rants have the taint of dementia. Lots of folks here are steaming about the predicament and your passive aggressive approach at the wrong people is only antagonizing a demographic that has nothing to do with it.

The problem with the BC government is the problem with the BC people. They want all the cake and then they want some one else to pay for it. Then they want a socially liberal, fiscally conservative government that creates high paying, easy jobs that respects the environment too well that.......
And eventually you end up in your current political predicament. No kidding.
It's a democracy: you get what you ask for, and if you waste too much time some one will ask for you. Time is a wasting.....

I cant understand one sentence in this post, really....
Are you saying we wanted this because we voted for the current government?
We want the cake and someone else to pay for it,, what does that mean?
A government that creates high paying jobs, huh?
I dont think you have an understanding of the situation at all, are you the minister of enviroment?
Andrew, (rem338win)

I realize that, having read many of your often misspelled and factually ignorant "ad hominem" diatribes concerning issues and people whom you dislike because they appear to threaten both your business interests and insecure, immature personality, you may not grasp the issue here.

I am not surprised, your comment about ...dementia... is another example of the foolish, "teenybopper" attitude toward others that I have seen in your posts since you joined this site.

It is what I expect of a punk kid and you never fail to behave as one.

I will not dignify your bullsch*t rant with a response in kind as I prefer to simply ignore guttersnipes and blowhards.

I would suggest that you try to understand that you merely make me laugh at your whining and I realize that you simply need to "grow up".
Did you just call him a 'guttersnipe'?? LMAO
No, Jim, try to control your mirth as I have no interest in a slagging match with him, or, you, or anyone.

I merely stated that I do NOT waste my time with persons who fit the terms I used as I am hardly suffering from ...dementia....

It is odd, tho', that a self-styled Christian, would make cruel slurs concerning this terrible affliction which devastates so many good people.....but, ...there are some kinds of ignorance, against which even the Gods, struggle in vain....Schiller.
If the roads are truly public roads (as opposed to forestry roads)they can't be gated. Personally, in cases as with the Douglas Lake ranch, I think it is a nice gesture to help them out by adding another, good quality, lock to their gates. By thereby doubling security, I have performed a good deed which makes me feel less guilty if I should happen to poach some of the lands or lakes they claim. GD
Thats a good idea greydog,, never thought of that.....helping them out with security,, I feel better already.
Me, too, BIG lock and chain!!! wink
Do you consider my posts on this to be ...bad...?

Good morning Dewey. I've been following this, always wanted to hunt in BC. You didn't ask my opinion, but personally I'd consider your posts "provocative."

Specifically, the one below:

Other VERY rich people, all over BC, mostly foreigners, Americans and Germans are the majority, obtain the above and then OFTEN close off access to local people.

First, I can see why you'd be riled up by the actions of outsiders wanting to come in and shut off public access. That just isn't right and I would feel the same in your shoes.

But my question to you is, do you think the most important thing about these particular interlopers is that they're rich, entitled, ass-h****, or that they're American and German?

Seems to me that when you talk about ass-h**** of any stripe and then include their nationality, you're making a conscious decision to take a dig at that nationality.

Am I wrong about that? Maybe it wasn't your intent.
My comments here do NOT use the term ...ass-h****... at all and my references are very specific to actual events which have happened here during the past several years.

One such was when a person from Colorado, posted on his website, that his ski lodge, built two miles from my former home at Nelson, BC, did not WANT ...just any toque... there......

I called his office to discuss this, but, he was "home" in Colorado and I was just treated to a lot of BS about irresponsible hunters, yada, yada, blah, blah....

So, our problem is very complex, most of the foreigners now in the GO racket here ARE Americans and Germans and my intent, as always, was to post facts.

Wrong, well, whatever, this is THE time when WE owners of Canada, must take charge of OUR resources and do whatever it takes to preserve our sovereign heritage....and, Phil, we are doing just that and will continue to do so.

Just to be clear, I have always been against ANY foreign ownership of ANY lands, etc, in Canads and extend this to my cousins born in the US, so, I think that you are wrong in your inferences, no problem, tho', as many here are FAR more adamant about this than I am so far.

HTH, no offence intended.
Dewey, I'm really starting to pity you.
Oh, well that is VERY kind of you, however, things are going much better in this situation than many expected; we already have some concessions on the allocation issue from the current BC administration and, the tides of Canadian public opinion are turning much more rapidly then I have ever seen in decades of conservation and resource management.

So, your attempt to patronize and mock me is, well, actually exactly what fuels the current situation, do keep it up, old chap.
The way I see it,, Kutnay's point of view is the point of view shared by many long time hunters and citizens of bc.
Trouble is that most people in bc are foreigners and dont get it....
I'm not against americans or germans or anyone else,, I am against foreigners who change the laws to suit their needs at the expense of citizens of bc, in this case the hunting community at large.
Limiting access to huge tracts of land... locked gates, a higher % of game allocation, in the hands of foreigners,, bequeathed by a morally wrong decision by the bc government to allow it to happen.
I also share this view

The ironic aspect of this is that for YEARS, I was VERY "pro" GOs, actually was published in "BC Outdoors" advocating an end to the "packer" situation and have OFFERED here on many occasions to assist and even accompany US hunters here in the province which my family pioneered circa Confederation....

But, the REAL animus comes from those who damned well know that my predictions ARE spot on and things WILL soon change with serious consequences for many who seem to feel that they have some RIGHT to hunt/angle here.

Well, "there are none so blind, as those who will not see". Given the rage I see on many venues from BC people over this and some other resource/sovereignity issues, I think that the final outcome is obvious.

I have plsced anyone who has posted negative, personal comments to me on "ignore" and will not further respond to such behaviour, as it is not worth my time.
Billionaires, hire LAWYERS and "nuisance" actions against average people result.....they can drag on for YEARS.

BC, has some if the last, finest, wilderness hunting/angling and ski mountaineering left in North America/The World. Wealthy people want to enjy this and this is a "safe" country to come to, so, there is BIG money to be made in acquiring the "rights" to the land and/or the "rights" as in Guide/OUtfitter concessions.

The ONLY way to deal with this is by legislation and confiscation, then, re-patriation. The current government is a "neo-con" bumch of largely "Bible Clutchers", many ARE immigrants and they won't do squat.....but, the anger is building and WE WILL WIN!!!

Geesus, you sure seem like a whiney fugg. Even for a quebeccer
Why bother.
I'm sure some recall initiatives could be started before this whole thing is over. They went way too far this time, and really I doubt they are smart enough to realize it.
.....this is THE time when WE owners of Canada, must take charge of OUR resources and do whatever it takes to preserve our sovereign heritage.....

Exactly.
FN Right on dude!!!
BC Liberal Minister Thomson claims he must allocate more game to the guides because they are being starved out of business.....BS in spades.

GREEN GUIDE
Canadian hunter pays $390K for right to hunt 1 mule deer
Posted March 1

MORE ON THIS

The Salt Lake Tribune
SALT LAKE CITY — This year's winning bidder to hunt a mule deer buck on Antelope Island paid a whopping $390,000, and that was just for the right to score one set of antlers.

The amount paid by the 24-year-old guide from Canada marked a record in the five-year history of the program run by the Salt Lake City-based Mule Deer Foundation.

The other winning bids have been big, too. Since 2011, hunters have paid more than $1.4 million to the foundation in the auctions, The Salt Lake Tribune reported (http://bit.ly/1JWvRLx). The money goes to wildlife conservation on the island in the middle of the Salt Lake.

"Some of the money raised from the auctions helps us run the show, but the majority of it goes to conservation projects to help all wildlife," said Miles Moretti, president and CEO of the Salt Lake City-based Mule Deer Foundation. "These auctions are helping to conserve wildlife across the country."

The winning bid by Troy Lorenz, a 24-year-old guide from Prince George, British Columbia, came during a recent Western Hunting & Conservation Expo held at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Expo officials say Lorenz also won the bid for a statewide mule deer hunting tag in Arizona, paying $320,000.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/canadian-hunter...-mule-deer/14482591/#Of7FAZwp64jeMPmd.99

As I have read your posts, posts that are mostly anti-American, I have been spurned to action. I had not planned any BC hunts this year, but since you joined a few weeks ago just to rant about us, I've decided it's as good a time as any to go. Just booked another spring bear hunt in the Kootenays, and you can claim all the credit. I would not have been going this spring without you.
Thanks!

You are or have chosen to take our plight all wrong. We are not anti American, what we are is anti having up to 40% 0r B.Cs wildlife given to GUIDES for resale to the highest bidder when we can not hunt these animals ourselves. I have been putting in for an elk draw in my "back yard" for over 30 yrs. yet guides are given an allocation of tags every year to be sold, sometimes multiple times if the first hunter is unsuccessful or given away to family and friends. This happens all over the province. I see you list a number of states as "home" most of which allocate 5-10% of tags to non residents. How would you feel if suddenly they were giving 40% to non residents? As stated we are not anti-American or even anti-guide(although our guiding system is seriously broken and must be torn down and fixed from the ground up) what we are is pro resident PRIORITY both here and everywhere else in North America.
Well said, but, you are wasting your time/energy as this will NOT change the attitude of guys like this.

Well said, but, you are wasting your time/energy as this will NOT change the attitude of guys like this.

You know what, it doesn't matter, as long the vast majority get it and the truth is out there. You are not going to convince everyone but I'm pretty sure most of our fellow hunters are sympathetic once they understand the score. And just a heads up to "anyone" thinking they will now cone to B.C. to hunt with a guide. Resident hunters will be exercising their legal right and packing and flying into guide territories in unprecedented numbers. Be aware the "Wilderness" experience guides may be promising you might be a little crowded over the next few years.
I am getting on, 68+ and am a bit disabled due to old injuries, but, I know the area where this dude has booked and may be there later this spring to do just what you mention above.

I will probably be alone, but, am VERY capable of looking after myself in the mountains, after 50+ adult years doing so.

This, IS a GREAT way to FIGHT BACK!!!!
Make it public, you may not be so alone after all just saying.
OH YEAH, I have done LOTS of public speaking/writing on divers environmental issues for almost 50 years and KNOW how to get the media involved.

I have old friends in the Kootenays, who have been after me for several years tio become involved again, just had a wife with health issues and spinal issues of my own.

BUT, I am NOW really pizzed off and will make waves, BIG ones!!!
OH YEAH, I have done LOTS of public speaking/writing on divers environmental issues for almost 50 years and KNOW how to get the media involved.

I have old friends in the Kootenays, who have been after me for several years tio become involved again, just had a wife with health issues and spinal issues of my own.

BUT, I am NOW really pizzed off and will make waves, BIG ones!!!

Good for you but I was meaning the guides area you are thinking hunting in, there are quite a few maps and gps readings out there where people plan to hunt and invite company, you said you were heading in alone so just saying maybe you wouldn't be as alone as you think if you mentioned where you were thinking of heading, hate for the guides to feel we were ignoring them lol
I am getting very tired of the guide-outfitter illegal activities and their belief that the wilderness and wildlife belongs to them, it is time to shut them all down.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/me...d+continue+operating/10888402/story.html
Originally Posted by FoxtonGundogs

Thanks!

You are or have chosen to take our plight all wrong. We are not anti American, what we are is anti having up to 40% 0r B.Cs wildlife given to GUIDES for resale to the highest bidder when we can not hunt these animals ourselves. I have been putting in for an elk draw in my "back yard" for over 30 yrs. yet guides are given an allocation of tags every year to be sold, sometimes multiple times if the first hunter is unsuccessful or given away to family and friends. This happens all over the province. I see you list a number of states as "home" most of which allocate 5-10% of tags to non residents. How would you feel if suddenly they were giving 40% to non residents? As stated we are not anti-American or even anti-guide(although our guiding system is seriously broken and must be torn down and fixed from the ground up) what we are is pro resident PRIORITY both here and everywhere else in North America.

I'm not calling you or a majority of BC residents anti-American. Just snap who clearly is. He wants to blame visiting hunters for the problems there instead of the BC residents who make the rules. His answer to the question of how to fix it is to expect us not to hunt there instead of changing the rules. By all means BC residents should be the ones who decide what those rules are. Just don't blame visiting hunters when your own countrymen are the ones making the rules.

I've lived in places where I couldn't hunt but non residents could. No, I didn't like it and did what I could to change it. I DID NOT blame those non residents for coming to hunt though. Why wouldn't they?
We ARE doing plenty to make the government reverse their policy, one of those things is asking our 'brothers' to support and stay away for a year or two. We are not asking you not to come to Canada but to chose other destinations. Another thing we will be doing is targeting many of the guiding areas for our hunts and we are doing this in large numbers the hunting pressure on animals you are being asked to pay your hard earned money to hunt will not do much to enhance your B.C. hunting experience. If visiting hunters would support us it would go a long way to ending this infringement of our rights and heritage and would lead to a much better system for all non resident hunters. PLEASE consider this as you would want us to do for you if the situation was reversed.
In affect, you are asking me not to hunt now so I can try to hunt later when there is less opportunity. Doesn't really make sense, does it?

Look, I fully support whatever BC does. I don't live there or vote there. I just play by their rules. Your rules. Same thing when Alaska allocated up to 50% of brown bear tags to guides. We never asked non residents to not come hunting. We asked the state for a smaller allocation. On many species there is no limit at all on how many nonresident license can be sold. Are we to ask non residents not to come because the state put no limit on them? I hunt with long time BC residents when I come to BC and have never seen any issues of lack of game or resident/nonresident issues. Maybe I'm just more selective on where I hunt or lucky, but I've never had a bad BC experience.
...never had a bad BC experience...

Wait, this WILL soon change.
100 % spot on FOXTON ! wink RJ
In affect, you are asking me not to hunt now so I can try to hunt later when there is less opportunity. Doesn't really make sense, does it?

Look, I fully support whatever BC does. I don't live there or vote there. I just play by their rules. Your rules. Same thing when Alaska allocated up to 50% of brown bear tags to guides. We never asked non residents to not come hunting. We asked the state for a smaller allocation. On many species there is no limit at all on how many nonresident license can be sold. Are we to ask non residents not to come because the state put no limit on them? I hunt with long time BC residents when I come to BC and have never seen any issues of lack of game or resident/nonresident issues. Maybe I'm just more selective on where I hunt or lucky, but I've never had a bad BC experience.

When you book with a BC guide, your giving them your money to shut down resident hunters. Make no mistake, the strongest message that can be sent to GOABC is to thin their pocketbooks, but from the sounds of it you just don't give a [bleep] so long as your get your hunts in?
Snap, or Dewey or kutenay, continues to spew his rhetoric to anyone who will listen.
I just don't listen to him anymore.
Do you, a foreigner when you come to my homeland to kill a "trophy" that you could NEVER hunt-find on your own, actually think that I care what you think?

Guess what, [bleep], I don't and most BC people have much the same opinion on this issue as I do. It IS our country, get it, dickhead!
perhaps we should revisit my poll,on AR, from the last time we conversed .
and if I remember correctly,you were born in the US.

posted 13 November 2009 02:50

I sure by now ,most of you have read ,or seen of dewey,aka kutenay,aka,devilbear,and are familiar with his ...style. Being from the US,I dont know how the average canadian feels, even though I lived within 100 miles of the border for 25 years.
My question to you is...

Results (35 votes counted so far):

Do you agree with deweys ideas,he speaks for all canadians,or is he overboard?
2 (6%)

I agree 100%
5 (14%)

I agree with some of his postings
0 (0%)

I dont know
10 (29%)

I disagree with some of his postings
18 (51%)

I completely disagree

further,whether you agree or disagree,do you feel Dewey is helping or hurting his cause by posting his opinion of the BC situation here and elsewhere IN THE MANNER HE DOES
3 (9%)

he's the leading voice
4 (11%)

I wish he would tone it down
1 (3%)

I dont know
3 (9%)

he could be better
24 (69%)

he is an embarrassment

further more,Canada residents only,please,if you had the choice,would you ban all foreigners,specifically americans,from hunting and fishing in canada?Thank you,and please keep your comments ,if any,polite.
1 (3%)

hell yes
2 (6%)

yes
1 (3%)

well,maybe
5 (14%)

not really
26 (74%)

hell no

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7621043/m/2881074021/showpollresults/Y
I was BORN, in Nelson, BC, a member of one of the founding, pioneer families of that area, the Kootenays and BC and Canada, on 27-06-1946. Your ASSumption is as false, arrogant and foreign as the rest of your vile rants, so, just GFY and stay OUT of MY country, eh.

As to your ridiculous "poll", well, slimeball, as a Canadian Prime Minister, stated when I was a lad, "polls are for dogs".

You really NEED to realize that the majority of BC citizens DO NOT read hunting websites and often DO post opinions on the sites of our major media outlets.

These are open to all and you might spend some time researching them and SEE just what the majority feeling is here....your kind of attitude is precisely what is driving the growing anger about foreign GOs and hunters here and it is essentially self-defeating.

Next time you are here to have Doug hold your hand while "hunting" for one of OUR animals, perhaps you might like to meet me and as I am now finally free of my issues with my wife's health, I would be only too pleased to do so......and in the mountains here, against me, you would last less than a few hours, baglicker.
Originally Posted by fluffy
Snap, or Dewey or kutenay, continues to spew his rhetoric to anyone who will listen.

Another lie, eh.....
Like I said to you YEARS ago,I wouldn't like the situation anymore than you.

Almost 6 YEARS AGO we had that "exchange" on AR,and what have you done to fix the injustice?

Nothing. nothing, that is, but talk(type). and not even where it would do any good.
you said before ,that the situation would soon be changed, well ,it hasn't .probably even gotten worse.
with all of your knowledge, of all the elements of the situation, you would have a good chance of making a difference, probably better than almost anyone.
but here you sit ,making veiled threats, being pompous.
Makes no difference to me Dewey,Ive never been to Canada,probably wont ever go.
Some one once said,all that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
and here we are.

here is my comment from Nov,2009

"

posted 13 November 2009 04:18 Hide Post

Your posts dont bother me dewey,in the least.I have tried to see your point of view for some time,and I see why you ,or you fellow canadians would be upset with the rules in your country.My poll here is simply to find out if,as you claim,canadians would rather americans not come to your province to hunt or fish.
I have no intention of denigrating anyone,espcially you.I asked for comments to remain polite,and I hope they will.
Perhaps you are correct,and most of your countryman would prefer "yankee stay home".Like I said before,I think your comments ,and the way you conduct yourself detract from your position,and make you,and your cause to be taken less seriously.
I am in no way trying to get you banned ,in fact,You havent noticed ,but I HAVE BEEN AGREEING WITH YOU ,that you ,and your fellow canadians deserve to have a better deal than what you do,but you are too busy calling me an [bleep] to notice.Some weeks ago ,you posted how you were going to change tactics ,and I applauded you.
If you want the poll removed,just ask,and I will take it down."

posted 13 November 2009 04:21 Hide Post

I will add,I will not vote in this poll,and I have never been in canada,nor do I plan on it.

posted 13 November 2009 06:39 Hide Post

I guess my intent is to make dewey realize he would get alot more people to listen to him,if he wasnt so offensive in his approach.
I find it hard to believe many people agree with what he says,how he says it.
I think,they should throw out the present GO situation.Its just plan wrong for a small group of people to be able to close off large areas of govt land to the rest of the residents. For some reason,he thinks I conspire to get his resources,although I told him Ive never been in canada,and may not ever

6 YEARS AGO
"
Maybe buy an AC-130 gunship ot three and some Cobra heli-gunships"
any Canadian weapons suit you? [Linked Image]
best of luck to you and your countryman.
Fluffy....hahaha....that's what we call one of our roosters.
Sure is a strong resemblance to this *fluffy*, crowing in ignorance.
...never had a bad BC experience...

Wait, this WILL soon change.

been six years already. hasnt changed yet.
you been saying this kind of propaganda for some time.
I doubt it will change in your lifetime, unless you get off your ponderous arse and help change it. laugh
and ,if it wasn't you who was born in the usa,it was your parents.
Wrong, again, but, that is typical of you, eh.

Cock a Doodle Doo, Fluffy...... Laffin'.
in the end,SNAP,jesus loves you.
everybody else,thinks your an azzhole.
LOL
Cluck, cluck, cluck, fluffball,.....
:-)
Get out there and win some rights back.
Its up to you,dew.
dont let first nation have em all
Talk to your duly elected officials(do they have those in CanadA?)
If'n ya'll remember I agree with your stand on the GO situation just not your tone.
And to ignore, total waste of time here.
I was BORN, in Nelson, BC, a member of one of the founding, pioneer families of that area, the Kootenays and BC and Canada, on 27-06-1946. Your ASSumption is as false, arrogant and foreign as the rest of your vile rants, so, just GFY and stay OUT of MY country, eh.

I knew I would find it,if I looked for a few minutes. sad,really.
seems dewey,or "snap' REALLY HASNT CHANGED MUCH.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7621043/m/4561092611/p/2

Dewey
one of us

posted 05 November 2009 00:27 Hide Post

Excuse me, you typical Texan, but, as with so many of your ignorant breed, you require a lesson in reality.

First, MY direct ancestors on my father's side settled in Pennsylvania in the 17thC., one of my Grandfathers was born in Milwaukee and some of my ancestors fought for "the Union" in "The War between the States", so, shove your drivel where the sun never shines, HUH!

IF, B.C, is such ...[bleep] territory..., WHY do azzholes like you plus a large number of decent Yanks want to come hunting, etc., here? It seems as though you are as contradictory as you are a loudmouthed prick, HUH!

We do not have a ...hunting economy...in B.C., but, a discussion of economics is obviously beyond your ken, HUH!

My ...stack of chips..., you peapickin' peckerwood white trash jerkoff, is well into six figures per annum, so, dream on, you still have a big hat and no cows.

I guess it is UP TO AFRICANS if they want you to hunt in THEIR countries, eh; but, a ...ridiculus...( when will Americans learn English?) Texan blowhard like you IS NOT welcome here and probably not THERE, either, eh?

You are welcome ,dickhead, now, go sit in the corner and continue fantasizing that you are a "hunter

just for the record,it was not me that deweys rant was directed at.
first generation Canadian. laugh

As to your ridiculous "poll", well, slimeball, as a Canadian Prime Minister, stated when I was a lad, "polls are for dogs".

You really NEED to realize that the majority of BC citizens DO NOT read hunting websites and often DO post opinions on the sites of our major media outlets.

These are open to all and you might spend some time researching them and SEE just what the majority feeling is here....your kind of attitude is precisely what is driving the growing anger about foreign GOs and hunters here and it is essentially self-defeating.

Next time you are here to have Doug hold your hand while "hunting" for one of OUR animals, perhaps you might like to meet me and as I am now finally free of my issues with my wife's health, I would be only too pleased to do so......and in the mountains here, against me, you would last less than a few hours, baglicker.

Wow! What do you suppose would get him in those brief minutes of his remaining life? One of those 14 foot bears you can shoot "under the chin" in full charge?

Dewey
For the first time in quite a few years I did not have more brown bear encounters this spring than you have in the last 50 years combined... of course I did have more encounters than you have had in any given year for your entire life, but it was a slow spring for me.

I have had a significant part in killing five brown bears in the last 3 years though...
Oh, its you, again, eh. Well, I suppose that like a bad smell, you just hang around and pollute this usually excellent site with your ignorant and pathetic ranting.

I usually have you on "ignore", just forgot to when I logged back on, but, will remedy that now.

BTW, I am NOT the ONLY guy here who despises you as many threads and comments have demonstrated; I would ask, did you ever send that stock back to its owner???
No, wrong again there little guy... you are the one that has been uninvited more than once for polluting a fine site.

Pathetic would be a fine description for someone that has actually posted so much incredible bear wisdom... with so little real experience. And with so much that is factually ridiculous.

BTW keep posting stuff you know nothing about, it is your forte'.
© 24hourcampfire