Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Well said, but, you are wasting your time/energy as this will NOT change the attitude of guys like this.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SNAP
Well said, but, you are wasting your time/energy as this will NOT change the attitude of guys like this.

You know what, it doesn't matter, as long the vast majority get it and the truth is out there. You are not going to convince everyone but I'm pretty sure most of our fellow hunters are sympathetic once they understand the score. And just a heads up to "anyone" thinking they will now cone to B.C. to hunt with a guide. Resident hunters will be exercising their legal right and packing and flying into guide territories in unprecedented numbers. Be aware the "Wilderness" experience guides may be promising you might be a little crowded over the next few years.

BORN to HUNT
S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I am getting on, 68+ and am a bit disabled due to old injuries, but, I know the area where this dude has booked and may be there later this spring to do just what you mention above.

I will probably be alone, but, am VERY capable of looking after myself in the mountains, after 50+ adult years doing so.

This, IS a GREAT way to FIGHT BACK!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Make it public, you may not be so alone after all just saying.

BORN to HUNT
S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
OH YEAH, I have done LOTS of public speaking/writing on divers environmental issues for almost 50 years and KNOW how to get the media involved.

I have old friends in the Kootenays, who have been after me for several years tio become involved again, just had a wife with health issues and spinal issues of my own.

BUT, I am NOW really pizzed off and will make waves, BIG ones!!!

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SNAP
OH YEAH, I have done LOTS of public speaking/writing on divers environmental issues for almost 50 years and KNOW how to get the media involved.

I have old friends in the Kootenays, who have been after me for several years tio become involved again, just had a wife with health issues and spinal issues of my own.

BUT, I am NOW really pizzed off and will make waves, BIG ones!!!

Good for you but I was meaning the guides area you are thinking hunting in, there are quite a few maps and gps readings out there where people plan to hunt and invite company, you said you were heading in alone so just saying maybe you wouldn't be as alone as you think if you mentioned where you were thinking of heading, hate for the guides to feel we were ignoring them lol

BORN to HUNT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am getting very tired of the guide-outfitter illegal activities and their belief that the wilderness and wildlife belongs to them, it is time to shut them all down.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/me...d+continue+operating/10888402/story.html

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FoxtonGundogs
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
You are correct about BC having some of the finest hunting.

As I have read your posts, posts that are mostly anti-American, I have been spurned to action. I had not planned any BC hunts this year, but since you joined a few weeks ago just to rant about us, I've decided it's as good a time as any to go. Just booked another spring bear hunt in the Kootenays, and you can claim all the credit. I would not have been going this spring without you.
Thanks!

You are or have chosen to take our plight all wrong. We are not anti American, what we are is anti having up to 40% 0r B.Cs wildlife given to GUIDES for resale to the highest bidder when we can not hunt these animals ourselves. I have been putting in for an elk draw in my "back yard" for over 30 yrs. yet guides are given an allocation of tags every year to be sold, sometimes multiple times if the first hunter is unsuccessful or given away to family and friends. This happens all over the province. I see you list a number of states as "home" most of which allocate 5-10% of tags to non residents. How would you feel if suddenly they were giving 40% to non residents? As stated we are not anti-American or even anti-guide(although our guiding system is seriously broken and must be torn down and fixed from the ground up) what we are is pro resident PRIORITY both here and everywhere else in North America.

I'm not calling you or a majority of BC residents anti-American. Just snap who clearly is. He wants to blame visiting hunters for the problems there instead of the BC residents who make the rules. His answer to the question of how to fix it is to expect us not to hunt there instead of changing the rules. By all means BC residents should be the ones who decide what those rules are. Just don't blame visiting hunters when your own countrymen are the ones making the rules.

I've lived in places where I couldn't hunt but non residents could. No, I didn't like it and did what I could to change it. I DID NOT blame those non residents for coming to hunt though. Why wouldn't they?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We ARE doing plenty to make the government reverse their policy, one of those things is asking our 'brothers' to support and stay away for a year or two. We are not asking you not to come to Canada but to chose other destinations. Another thing we will be doing is targeting many of the guiding areas for our hunts and we are doing this in large numbers the hunting pressure on animals you are being asked to pay your hard earned money to hunt will not do much to enhance your B.C. hunting experience. If visiting hunters would support us it would go a long way to ending this infringement of our rights and heritage and would lead to a much better system for all non resident hunters. PLEASE consider this as you would want us to do for you if the situation was reversed.

BORN to HUNT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In affect, you are asking me not to hunt now so I can try to hunt later when there is less opportunity. Doesn't really make sense, does it?

Look, I fully support whatever BC does. I don't live there or vote there. I just play by their rules. Your rules. Same thing when Alaska allocated up to 50% of brown bear tags to guides. We never asked non residents to not come hunting. We asked the state for a smaller allocation. On many species there is no limit at all on how many nonresident license can be sold. Are we to ask non residents not to come because the state put no limit on them? I hunt with long time BC residents when I come to BC and have never seen any issues of lack of game or resident/nonresident issues. Maybe I'm just more selective on where I hunt or lucky, but I've never had a bad BC experience.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B3

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
...never had a bad BC experience...

Wait, this WILL soon change.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
100 % spot on FOXTON ! wink RJ

Last edited by REMINGTONJIM; 04/19/15.

375 H&H The Real KING of 375 's
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
In affect, you are asking me not to hunt now so I can try to hunt later when there is less opportunity. Doesn't really make sense, does it?

Look, I fully support whatever BC does. I don't live there or vote there. I just play by their rules. Your rules. Same thing when Alaska allocated up to 50% of brown bear tags to guides. We never asked non residents to not come hunting. We asked the state for a smaller allocation. On many species there is no limit at all on how many nonresident license can be sold. Are we to ask non residents not to come because the state put no limit on them? I hunt with long time BC residents when I come to BC and have never seen any issues of lack of game or resident/nonresident issues. Maybe I'm just more selective on where I hunt or lucky, but I've never had a bad BC experience.

When you book with a BC guide, your giving them your money to shut down resident hunters. Make no mistake, the strongest message that can be sent to GOABC is to thin their pocketbooks, but from the sounds of it you just don't give a [bleep] so long as your get your hunts in?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Snap, or Dewey or kutenay, continues to spew his rhetoric to anyone who will listen.
I just don't listen to him anymore.

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Do you, a foreigner when you come to my homeland to kill a "trophy" that you could NEVER hunt-find on your own, actually think that I care what you think?

Guess what, [bleep], I don't and most BC people have much the same opinion on this issue as I do. It IS our country, get it, dickhead!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
perhaps we should revisit my poll,on AR, from the last time we conversed .
and if I remember correctly,you were born in the US.

posted 13 November 2009 02:50

I sure by now ,most of you have read ,or seen of dewey,aka kutenay,aka,devilbear,and are familiar with his ...style. Being from the US,I dont know how the average canadian feels, even though I lived within 100 miles of the border for 25 years.
My question to you is...

Results (35 votes counted so far):

Do you agree with deweys ideas,he speaks for all canadians,or is he overboard?
2 (6%)

I agree 100%
5 (14%)

I agree with some of his postings
0 (0%)

I dont know
10 (29%)

I disagree with some of his postings
18 (51%)

I completely disagree

further,whether you agree or disagree,do you feel Dewey is helping or hurting his cause by posting his opinion of the BC situation here and elsewhere IN THE MANNER HE DOES
3 (9%)

he's the leading voice
4 (11%)

I wish he would tone it down
1 (3%)

I dont know
3 (9%)

he could be better
24 (69%)

he is an embarrassment

further more,Canada residents only,please,if you had the choice,would you ban all foreigners,specifically americans,from hunting and fishing in canada?Thank you,and please keep your comments ,if any,polite.
1 (3%)

hell yes
2 (6%)

yes
1 (3%)

well,maybe
5 (14%)

not really
26 (74%)

hell no

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7621043/m/2881074021/showpollresults/Y

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I was BORN, in Nelson, BC, a member of one of the founding, pioneer families of that area, the Kootenays and BC and Canada, on 27-06-1946. Your ASSumption is as false, arrogant and foreign as the rest of your vile rants, so, just GFY and stay OUT of MY country, eh.

As to your ridiculous "poll", well, slimeball, as a Canadian Prime Minister, stated when I was a lad, "polls are for dogs".

You really NEED to realize that the majority of BC citizens DO NOT read hunting websites and often DO post opinions on the sites of our major media outlets.

These are open to all and you might spend some time researching them and SEE just what the majority feeling is here....your kind of attitude is precisely what is driving the growing anger about foreign GOs and hunters here and it is essentially self-defeating.

Next time you are here to have Doug hold your hand while "hunting" for one of OUR animals, perhaps you might like to meet me and as I am now finally free of my issues with my wife's health, I would be only too pleased to do so......and in the mountains here, against me, you would last less than a few hours, baglicker.

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by fluffy
Snap, or Dewey or kutenay, continues to spew his rhetoric to anyone who will listen.

Another lie, eh.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like I said to you YEARS ago,I wouldn't like the situation anymore than you.

Almost 6 YEARS AGO we had that "exchange" on AR,and what have you done to fix the injustice?

Nothing. nothing, that is, but talk(type). and not even where it would do any good.
you said before ,that the situation would soon be changed, well ,it hasn't .probably even gotten worse.
with all of your knowledge, of all the elements of the situation, you would have a good chance of making a difference, probably better than almost anyone.
but here you sit ,making veiled threats, being pompous.
Makes no difference to me Dewey,Ive never been to Canada,probably wont ever go.
Some one once said,all that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
and here we are.

here is my comment from Nov,2009

"

posted 13 November 2009 04:18 Hide Post

Your posts dont bother me dewey,in the least.I have tried to see your point of view for some time,and I see why you ,or you fellow canadians would be upset with the rules in your country.My poll here is simply to find out if,as you claim,canadians would rather americans not come to your province to hunt or fish.
I have no intention of denigrating anyone,espcially you.I asked for comments to remain polite,and I hope they will.
Perhaps you are correct,and most of your countryman would prefer "yankee stay home".Like I said before,I think your comments ,and the way you conduct yourself detract from your position,and make you,and your cause to be taken less seriously.
I am in no way trying to get you banned ,in fact,You havent noticed ,but I HAVE BEEN AGREEING WITH YOU ,that you ,and your fellow canadians deserve to have a better deal than what you do,but you are too busy calling me an [bleep] to notice.Some weeks ago ,you posted how you were going to change tactics ,and I applauded you.
If you want the poll removed,just ask,and I will take it down."

posted 13 November 2009 04:21 Hide Post

I will add,I will not vote in this poll,and I have never been in canada,nor do I plan on it.

posted 13 November 2009 06:39 Hide Post

I guess my intent is to make dewey realize he would get alot more people to listen to him,if he wasnt so offensive in his approach.
I find it hard to believe many people agree with what he says,how he says it.
I think,they should throw out the present GO situation.Its just plan wrong for a small group of people to be able to close off large areas of govt land to the rest of the residents. For some reason,he thinks I conspire to get his resources,although I told him Ive never been in canada,and may not ever

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by fluffy

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 46 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,251
Posts18,504,697
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.