Home
Posted By: Metsamies My first Gun Dog! - 11/25/10
My Brittany: Cooper

He is just a few days over 5 months.
Not the best pics but they work.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 30338 Re: My first Gun Dog! - 11/25/10
Had a couple of britts over the years. We always enjoyed them and had great luck on birds with them. Looks like he is quite comfortable and probaby slightly spoiled like most of them.
Posted By: Metsamies Re: My first Gun Dog! - 11/25/10
Yeah he is slightly spoiled, I don't mind spoiling him a bit as long as he listens well and finds birds.
Posted By: ingwe Re: My first Gun Dog! - 11/25/10
Reminds me of my Britt...wish I had it to do all over again....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Metsamies Re: My first Gun Dog! - 11/25/10
WOW very similar colors and markings.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: My first Gun Dog! - 11/27/10
Congrats on the pup. My next one is still several years away. Good luck with him!
Posted By: Nebraska Re: My first Gun Dog! - 11/27/10
Those are some great lookin' Brits......you guys have some great days ahead of ya!!!
Posted By: BullGoose Re: My first Gun Dog! - 11/30/10
Congrats on your new pup! While I have never had a Britt, I am very fond of spaniels. I don't think there is a better type to have around when hunting season is either coming or gone. Big enough to stand over that schipperke(?) but not big enough to be a galoot.
Posted By: SolomonBrainiac Re: My first Gun Dog! - 12/01/10
Good looking puppy!
Posted By: fyshbum Re: My first Gun Dog! - 12/01/10
Good looking puppy. Looking forward to one myself here soon. Exciting times!! Best two you both.
Posted By: Metsamies Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/26/11
Originally Posted by BullGoose
Congrats on your new pup! While I have never had a Britt, I am very fond of spaniels. I don't think there is a better type to have around when hunting season is either coming or gone. Big enough to stand over that schipperke(?) but not big enough to be a galoot.

Wow I need to get on here more often! I know its a late response but yes schipperke/Pomeranian (the wifes dog) basically a mini schipperke. Thanks on the congrats Cooper is now just over ten months old found his papers and got him registered, and got a pedigree report. I found out that he has five champs in his blood lines four field trial champs and one dual champ. He has learned (force fetching) but I trained him with treats and not the ear pressure trick, Britts seem to be really sensitive about stuff like that. He will not drop his dummy or a bird, brings it to me and sits by my side untill I take if from him with slight down pressure on the bird or dummy. I may be sold on this breed for good, he is just to cool.
Posted By: rattler Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/26/11
thought it looked like a schip too......ive got a female thats about 6 years old that thinks she owns the house crazy my wife refers to her as "The Fun Police" cause if we try to play with the GSP in the house or if the GSP and dachshund start playing in the living room she puts an end to it bout half the time.....
LOL sounds like this one, if she isn't invited to play no one can.
Posted By: rattler Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/26/11
she has no interest in playing.....but she seems to think that if she isnt going to play than no one else should either.....
YUP
Posted By: luv2safari Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/27/11
NICE looking guy there! cool

I had a couple of Brit brothers years ago, Rocky and Roller. They were a hunting machine when together!!!

Enjoy... laugh
Posted By: Metsamies Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/29/11
Thanks. I can't wait untill the bird season comes around. He needs more time in the field, and less time pointing and stalking robins and black birds in the yard. It keeps him busy and me laughing though.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/29/11
Reminds me of ol Max, he taught me a lot more than I ever taught him. I could have learned more if I had known earlier who the teacher was going to be.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/29/11
Sounds like ol Larry. Still miss Mr. Sensitive, even more sensitive than most Britts. A loud conversation would have him in a corner wondering if he did something to displease me. Will be getting another when the time is right.
Posted By: fezant Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/29/11
Just don't forget it is an unwritten rule among us backyard birddog trainers that you MUST spoil your pup rotten. I think the greatest joy in a bird hunters life is watching an eager pup learn to hunt.
Posted By: Metsamies Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/29/11
TRUE STORY
Posted By: nighthawk Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/29/11
As Dennis the Menace said to Margaret, "Naw, he ain't spoiled, he always smells that way."
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: My first Gun Dog! - 04/30/11
My Britt is a wonderful addition. They are soft, and smart, and they won't forget it if you mess around too hard while training them (i.e. don't lose your temper, ever).
© 24hourcampfire