Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My Brittany: Cooper

He is just a few days over 5 months.
Not the best pics but they work.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a couple of britts over the years. We always enjoyed them and had great luck on birds with them. Looks like he is quite comfortable and probaby slightly spoiled like most of them.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yeah he is slightly spoiled, I don't mind spoiling him a bit as long as he listens well and finds birds.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Reminds me of my Britt...wish I had it to do all over again....

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
WOW very similar colors and markings.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Congrats on the pup. My next one is still several years away. Good luck with him!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Those are some great lookin' Brits......you guys have some great days ahead of ya!!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Congrats on your new pup! While I have never had a Britt, I am very fond of spaniels. I don't think there is a better type to have around when hunting season is either coming or gone. Big enough to stand over that schipperke(?) but not big enough to be a galoot.

Good looking puppy!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good looking puppy. Looking forward to one myself here soon. Exciting times!! Best two you both.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BullGoose
Congrats on your new pup! While I have never had a Britt, I am very fond of spaniels. I don't think there is a better type to have around when hunting season is either coming or gone. Big enough to stand over that schipperke(?) but not big enough to be a galoot.

Wow I need to get on here more often! I know its a late response but yes schipperke/Pomeranian (the wifes dog) basically a mini schipperke. Thanks on the congrats Cooper is now just over ten months old found his papers and got him registered, and got a pedigree report. I found out that he has five champs in his blood lines four field trial champs and one dual champ. He has learned (force fetching) but I trained him with treats and not the ear pressure trick, Britts seem to be really sensitive about stuff like that. He will not drop his dummy or a bird, brings it to me and sits by my side untill I take if from him with slight down pressure on the bird or dummy. I may be sold on this breed for good, he is just to cool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thought it looked like a schip too......ive got a female thats about 6 years old that thinks she owns the house crazy my wife refers to her as "The Fun Police" cause if we try to play with the GSP in the house or if the GSP and dachshund start playing in the living room she puts an end to it bout half the time.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
LOL sounds like this one, if she isn't invited to play no one can.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
she has no interest in playing.....but she seems to think that if she isnt going to play than no one else should either.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
YUP

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NICE looking guy there! cool

I had a couple of Brit brothers years ago, Rocky and Roller. They were a hunting machine when together!!!

Enjoy... laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks. I can't wait untill the bird season comes around. He needs more time in the field, and less time pointing and stalking robins and black birds in the yard. It keeps him busy and me laughing though.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Reminds me of ol Max, he taught me a lot more than I ever taught him. I could have learned more if I had known earlier who the teacher was going to be.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like ol Larry. Still miss Mr. Sensitive, even more sensitive than most Britts. A loud conversation would have him in a corner wondering if he did something to displease me. Will be getting another when the time is right.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Just don't forget it is an unwritten rule among us backyard birddog trainers that you MUST spoil your pup rotten. I think the greatest joy in a bird hunters life is watching an eager pup learn to hunt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,867
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.