Home
While perusing an SCI hunting magazine a couple of years ago there was a picture of an Austrian game keeper wearing a (looks like a Peter Pan) hat I presume was made of wool or some type of felt material. I would like to purchase something like that. I have surfed the web and can't seem to find it. If you can point me in the right direction, including the particular name of this hat, and perhaps a website I would appreciate it!
Like this?
[Linked Image]

http://www.hutx.de/jagd-forst.html

Do not know if they mail to the States, though.
Try this site.
http://www.deutscheshaus.cc/html/german_hats.html
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
While perusing an SCI hunting magazine a couple of years ago there was a picture of an Austrian game keeper wearing a (looks like a Peter Pan) hat I presume was made of wool or some type of felt material. I would like to purchase something like that. I have surfed the web and can't seem to find it. If you can point me in the right direction, including the particular name of this hat, and perhaps a website I would appreciate it!

Depending on what you want it for beware they vary in quality a lot..If you visit the areas of German/Austria where they are popular, virtually every tourist shop sells them as souvenirs and the quality is at about that mark..

If you want want to wear, try the various online German hunting stores and they will sell the proper good quality ones..I'm not sure of what sites are still current but I am sure the one CMG recommends will be off high quality..

When I lived in Atlanta, many years ago, there was a high-end gun shop in Buckhead that had European gun and clothing call Chucks.

I see that it is still there, www.chucksfirearms.com.

JEff
Another site www.frankonia.de .
cmg, The hat I'm looking for has no dimples in the top. If you google Peter Pan Hats you will see that it is somewhat shaped like an a scalene triangle. I don't know if that helps.
cmg, The hat I'm looking for has no dimples in the top. If you google Peter Pan Hats you will see that it is somewhat shaped like an a scalene triangle. I don't know if that helps.
I tried to order from Franconia several years ago. I received a response that they no longer dealt in the United States due to the issue of lawsuits in our courts. I was trying to order the heavy knee length wool socks like you would wear with lederhosen.

Originally Posted by 300grains
Another site www.frankonia.de .
I just contacted Hutx and they sorrowfully do not ship to the US. Any ideas as to a source that does ship a high quality Tyrolean type hat to the US? The Deutscheshaus goods do not look to be of good quality.
I think you will find the quality of the Deutscheshaus hat on par with the norm there. Their hats tend to be wool, but I do not think I ever saw a German hat made of fur felt like our quality fedoras or western hats in 6 years of living there. Their Alpine hunting hat in loden looks like the one I wore hunting and received positive comments from several Fraus.
© 24hourcampfire