Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
While perusing an SCI hunting magazine a couple of years ago there was a picture of an Austrian game keeper wearing a (looks like a Peter Pan) hat I presume was made of wool or some type of felt material. I would like to purchase something like that. I have surfed the web and can't seem to find it. If you can point me in the right direction, including the particular name of this hat, and perhaps a website I would appreciate it!

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like this?
[Linked Image]

http://www.hutx.de/jagd-forst.html

Do not know if they mail to the States, though.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
While perusing an SCI hunting magazine a couple of years ago there was a picture of an Austrian game keeper wearing a (looks like a Peter Pan) hat I presume was made of wool or some type of felt material. I would like to purchase something like that. I have surfed the web and can't seem to find it. If you can point me in the right direction, including the particular name of this hat, and perhaps a website I would appreciate it!

Depending on what you want it for beware they vary in quality a lot..If you visit the areas of German/Austria where they are popular, virtually every tourist shop sells them as souvenirs and the quality is at about that mark..

If you want want to wear, try the various online German hunting stores and they will sell the proper good quality ones..I'm not sure of what sites are still current but I am sure the one CMG recommends will be off high quality..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/09/11.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I lived in Atlanta, many years ago, there was a high-end gun shop in Buckhead that had European gun and clothing call Chucks.

I see that it is still there, www.chucksfirearms.com.

JEff

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another site www.frankonia.de .

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
cmg, The hat I'm looking for has no dimples in the top. If you google Peter Pan Hats you will see that it is somewhat shaped like an a scalene triangle. I don't know if that helps.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
cmg, The hat I'm looking for has no dimples in the top. If you google Peter Pan Hats you will see that it is somewhat shaped like an a scalene triangle. I don't know if that helps.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried to order from Franconia several years ago. I received a response that they no longer dealt in the United States due to the issue of lawsuits in our courts. I was trying to order the heavy knee length wool socks like you would wear with lederhosen.

Originally Posted by 300grains
Another site www.frankonia.de .

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I just contacted Hutx and they sorrowfully do not ship to the US. Any ideas as to a source that does ship a high quality Tyrolean type hat to the US? The Deutscheshaus goods do not look to be of good quality.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you will find the quality of the Deutscheshaus hat on par with the norm there. Their hats tend to be wool, but I do not think I ever saw a German hat made of fur felt like our quality fedoras or western hats in 6 years of living there. Their Alpine hunting hat in loden looks like the one I wore hunting and received positive comments from several Fraus.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, Aero, 14 invisible), 1,333 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.